ZBG - ZeX BodyGen & LooksMenu Morphs

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, removing the morphs.ini and templates.ini files will effectively disable that BodyGen configuration (really just removing morphs.ini is sufficient but you might as well do both). If you don't want it undone on upgrades or reinstallation, make a simple mod that just contains blank versions of those files and set your mod manager to overwrite with it.

Just be careful not to remove the Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\ZeX-BodyGen.esp\sliders.json file since that contains the LooksMenu sliders.

Cool, I will do that. Just deleting the Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Bodygen folder after installing on MO2 should be enough after each update (not that those come around often).

I am planning on a system upgrade this year, MB, CPU, RAM with 2 x nvme ssd's (windows on 1 and games on the other.

I currently have the game installed on a 7200rpm hard drive (windows is on a small nvme ssd), I wonder if the HDD is stopping and having to spin up again every time the game asks for more data - that would also explain the stutters I am getting.

The upgrade won't happen for a few months yet.

Hello! I have some doubts. I use the version of LM 1.6.18, since in the guide of aaf the fucking manual, it is recommended to use it for the new version of lm 1.6.20 that breaks the penis erection morphs, (I have witnessed this, since I used LM 1.6.20 and the erection never worked) with v1.6.18 this problem no longer occurred but the freezing problem when removing clothes literally makes you have to close the game abruptly because it crashes. So I can't use ZBG in the game to switch to a male npc well. (I like the option to change them in-game better, obviously after having built the male body in bodyslide) I was wondering if freezing is normal in this version of LM 1.6.18. and if so, how can I fix it, since LM 1.6.20 makes erection never work for me.
And I leave here a list of mods (summarized) that I have active.
Lots of building mods, clothes, hair and makeup, hi poly faces. BT3, FG, zex skeleton, Fsm body texture, ZBG, Looks mirror, LM1.6.18. LMCC, AAF with all its requirements and some animations and mods compatible with AAF, UAP,

5 hours ago, xindasvinta said:

Hello! I have some doubts. I use the version of LM 1.6.18, since in the guide of aaf the fucking manual, it is recommended to use it for the new version of lm 1.6.20 that breaks the penis erection morphs, (I have witnessed this, since I used LM 1.6.20 and the erection never worked) with v1.6.18 this problem no longer occurred but the freezing problem when removing clothes literally makes you have to close the game abruptly because it crashes. So I can't use ZBG in the game to switch to a male npc well. (I like the option to change them in-game better, obviously after having built the male body in bodyslide) I was wondering if freezing is normal in this version of LM 1.6.18. and if so, how can I fix it, since LM 1.6.20 makes erection never work for me.

The fix for freezing the game while undressing is to use LM 1.6.20. It's literally a bug in the compiled DLL which the LM authors fixed in the new version. The only workaround I've ever seen for dealing with it in versions older than 1.6.20 is to undress before using the LooksMenu interface and don't use the undress button.

23 hours ago, vaultbait said:

La solución para congelar el juego mientras se desviste es usar LM 1.6.20. Es literalmente un error en la DLL compilada que los autores de LM corrigieron en la nueva versión. La única solución que he visto para lidiar con esto en versiones anteriores a la 1.6.20 es desvestirse antes de usar la interfaz LooksMenu y no usar el botón de desvestirse.

I understand. Thank you very much for the help^^ I will continue using lm 1.6.18 since I have been testing 1.6.20 with different male bodies and with only aaf with its dependencies plus some animation and it keeps breaking the erections. So thanks for the help, I won't hit the undress button. Thank you so much! ^^

25 minutes ago, xindasvinta said:

I understand. Thank you very much for the help^^ I will continue using lm 1.6.18 since I have been testing 1.6.20 with different male bodies and with only aaf with its dependencies plus some animation and it keeps breaking the erections. So thanks for the help, I won't hit the undress button. Thank you so much! ^^

I wish I knew why BT3 erection morphs work fine for me with LM 1.6.20 but they break for other people. The only thing I can think of is that it might be patch related, since I don't use UAP or Patch for Animations or any of those omnibus patches (just Staged Leito Plus and Themes to fix up the gaps in older animation packs).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I wish I knew why BT3 erection morphs work fine for me with LM 1.6.20 but they break for other people. The only thing I can think of is that it might be patch related, since I don't use UAP or Patch for Animations or any of those omnibus patches (just Staged Leito Plus and Themes to fix up the gaps in older animation packs).

I actually recently updated to LM 1.6.20 and no erection morphs seem to break for me. Although I get the odd strap-on not complying here and there. I've been running UAP and LM 1.6.18 for ages but .20 seems to running fine.

Have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. With BodyGen, I've always assumed that it's nigh impossible to achieve a setup where clothes apply the "Outfit" preset and the "Nude" preset, but dynamically. So the majority of body presets come with an Outfit version or a Nude version. However I feel like the Outfit version mostly goes to waste where I just apply the Nude preset for my character and even in BodyGen's morphs.ini, I don't think that it's possible to have a character switch between 2 different body presets depending on whether they're clothed or nude.

Example, when looting a dead female NPC, ideally they should have the "Outfit" version of what whatever body preset BodyGen gave them, but when taking their clothes, it could/should apply the "Nude" version of that body preset...I hope that makes sense.

Is it possible and something I've completely missed? I don't think I've seen anyone mention it.

2 hours ago, CloudLambda said:

Have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. With BodyGen, I've always assumed that it's nigh impossible to achieve a setup where clothes apply the "Outfit" preset and the "Nude" preset, but dynamically. So the majority of body presets come with an Outfit version or a Nude version. However I feel like the Outfit version mostly goes to waste where I just apply the Nude preset for my character and even in BodyGen's morphs.ini, I don't think that it's possible to have a character switch between 2 different body presets depending on whether they're clothed or nude.

Example, when looting a dead female NPC, ideally they should have the "Outfit" version of what whatever body preset BodyGen gave them, but when taking their clothes, it could/should apply the "Nude" version of that body preset...I hope that makes sense.

Is it possible and something I've completely missed? I don't think I've seen anyone mention it.

I must be misunderstanding what you want, because it should already be taking the shape from the BodySlide preset you built the outfits and nude body replacer with independently. BodyGen morphs are morphing from the built body shape as a starting point, so if you build outfits with different presets in BodySlide then that gets reflected in the resulting post-morph shapes after BodyGen does its work.

Maybe your nude and clothed presets are simply too similar, that once BodyGen morphs a character the differences between clothed and nude shapes are visually drowned out by the magnitude of the morphs?

Edit: As an aside, I stick with a single BodySlide preset for nude body and clothing, because otherwise your separates will "fit" differently depending on whether you're wearing an outfit with an included body or without (due to the latter using the nude body you've built instead). This gets further complicated by the game engine's "underarmor scaling" feature, which is a pain in the ass all of its own.

Edited by vaultbait
19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I must be misunderstanding what you want, because it should already be taking the shape from the BodySlide preset you built the outfits and nude body replacer with independently. BodyGen morphs are morphing from the built body shape as a starting point, so if you build outfits with different presets in BodySlide then that gets reflected in the resulting post-morph shapes after BodyGen does its work.

Maybe your nude and clothed presets are simply too similar, that once BodyGen morphs a character the differences between clothed and nude shapes are visually drowned out by the magnitude of the morphs?

Edit: As an aside, I stick with a single BodySlide preset for nude body and clothing, because otherwise your separates will "fit" differently depending on whether you're wearing an outfit with an included body or without (due to the latter using the nude body you've built instead). This gets further complicated by the game engine's "underarmor scaling" feature, which is a pain in the ass all of its own.

Hmm, so to add in a key factor I missed out, for every single bit of clothing I have in the game, I always make sure they 1) have a Fusion Girl conversion and 2) build those clothes using the Fusion-ZeroSliders. This includes the nude body replacer, Fusion Girl itself.

This basically gives BodyGen a blank/default shape to build upon while walking through the game, according to my morphs.ini.

Think what I'm trying to say is part of your last point.

Being that we both use 1 singular preset for both the nude body and clothing. For our player characters.

Currently as it stands, we all use the 1 singular preset for our player characters. In my case I use the "Nude" version of a preset, in leu of the nude body. And subsequently this makes all the clothes appear with the "Nude" preset.

Whereas having the "Outfit" version of the preset on the nude body just looks...very wrong lol.

I've just been wondering for the longest time and trying to uncover whether it's a possibility for the game to determine when a player character and a non-player character/npc is either wearing something covering their chest/wears a vault suit/etc so that it applies the "Outfit" version of the preset they have been assigned.

Hope that makes sense? Aha ?

On 9/5/2023 at 15:08, vaultbait said:

Desearía saber por qué las morfologías de erección BT3 funcionan bien para mí con LM 1.6.20 pero fallan para otras personas. Lo único en lo que puedo pensar es que podría estar relacionado con parches, ya que no uso UAP o Patch for Animations ni ninguno de esos parches ómnibus (solo Staged Leito Plus y Themes para arreglar las brechas en los paquetes de animación más antiguos).

Honestly, I don't know, the first time I used aaf, I only had aaf installed (f4se obviously) Lm 1.6.20, vanilla/kinki/creature themes and some animations that were those of leito and bp70, without uap or any other requirement as it comes in the aaf manual apart from using cbbe and bt3. And in the animations the erection did not work, then I found the guide and installed all the other requirements and changed cbbe for fg using lm 1.6.20 and the same thing kept happening, instead, when I changed to lm 1.6.18 the erections of the characters male worked. I don't know why this is, in fact I did a clean reinstallation of everything including the game and decided to try lm 1.6.20 and the same thing kept happening to me.

9 hours ago, CloudLambda said:

Hmm, so to add in a key factor I missed out, for every single bit of clothing I have in the game, I always make sure they 1) have a Fusion Girl conversion and 2) build those clothes using the Fusion-ZeroSliders. This includes the nude body replacer, Fusion Girl itself.

This basically gives BodyGen a blank/default shape to build upon while walking through the game, according to my morphs.ini.

Think what I'm trying to say is part of your last point.

Being that we both use 1 singular preset for both the nude body and clothing. For our player characters.

Currently as it stands, we all use the 1 singular preset for our player characters. In my case I use the "Nude" version of a preset, in leu of the nude body. And subsequently this makes all the clothes appear with the "Nude" preset.

Whereas having the "Outfit" version of the preset on the nude body just looks...very wrong lol.

I've just been wondering for the longest time and trying to uncover whether it's a possibility for the game to determine when a player character and a non-player character/npc is either wearing something covering their chest/wears a vault suit/etc so that it applies the "Outfit" version of the preset they have been assigned.

Hope that makes sense? Aha ?

Yes, so if you stick with vanilla FO4 clothing and armor it absolutely does know when something is covering the chest because those items will be marked as covering the relevant biped slots (underarmor torso and armor torso). The game designers only provided a very limited number of slots, and set up conflicts between them too. The game was really only designed for basic one-piece outfits, six-piece armor sets, and the occasional hat or accessory.

As soon as you start adding clothing from mods, that concept of specific biped slots for specific parts of the body goes right out the window, because clothing mod authors had to "get creative" in order to work around the limitations in the game engine and you can no longer count on most of the slots having any real positional meaning (with a few exceptions). This is where SAKR is starting to fill in some gaps finally, to provide a separate coverage system independent of the game engine's biped slots.

One approach that comes close to what you're describing is the Cleavage Trigger for RMR, which adds or removes configurable body morphs depending on whether the player is wearing specific clothing items. It doesn't handle the NPC part of your premise, but it's a start.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, so if you stick with vanilla FO4 clothing and armor it absolutely does know when something is covering the chest because those items will be marked as covering the relevant biped slots (underarmor torso and armor torso). The game designers only provided a very limited number of slots, and set up conflicts between them too. The game was really only designed for basic one-piece outfits, six-piece armor sets, and the occasional hat or accessory.

As soon as you start adding clothing from mods, that concept of specific biped slots for specific parts of the body goes right out the window, because clothing mod authors had to "get creative" in order to work around the limitations in the game engine and you can no longer count on most of the slots having any real positional meaning (with a few exceptions). This is where SAKR is starting to fill in some gaps finally, to provide a separate coverage system independent of the game engine's biped slots.

One approach that comes close to what you're describing is the Cleavage Trigger for RMR, which adds or removes configurable body morphs depending on whether the player is wearing specific clothing items. It doesn't handle the NPC part of your premise, but it's a start.

Amazing stuff! I've heard of SAKR through Sexual Harassment but not RMR. Looked into both and while SAKR is a brilliant concept it's still in it's early stages of life and at the moment a bit too much arm work to get everything going just for Sexual Harassment, which I think is the only mod I'm aware of that would make use of this right now, I'm sure there's others. But even then, I've had to tone down the amount of harassment encounters there are cause it got annoying after a while aha!

Rad Morphs Redux looks perfect, pretty much exactly what I was looking for tbh! A great "immersive" addition. Looking into it now and, the NPCs would be nice but can live without, so long as I can apply the effect to my player character and Heather!

Still need to get round to fixing the dead NPCs BodyGen loves to make invisible lol.

Edited by CloudLambda
8 hours ago, CloudLambda said:

while SAKR is a brilliant concept it's still in it's early stages of life and at the moment a bit too much arm work to get everything going just for Sexual Harassment, which I think is the only mod I'm aware of that would make use of this right now, I'm sure there's others.

Provocative Perks also uses it already for things like working out whether you're pantsless in its USB Type-V perk.

An untitled (well, it has a name but I haven't announced it yet) mod I'm nearly ready with also supports SAKR, since it has a lot of effects that vary based on how clothed the player is/isn't. The mod also has a built-in nudity tracker based on vanilla biped slot coverage, but SAKR offers a far more flexible solution for the task.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Dont Tell My Parents said:

A lot of my male NPCs look off...they look like they have big pecs and nothing else or big thighs, or they're bigger all over except stomach so it's like they were trying to be fat but didn't complete the transformation haha. How can I undo the morphs? I loved it at first but it's too strong.

That's the example BodyGen configuration this mod supplies. You can edit it to your preferences (see the LooksMenu mod page for instructions on configuring its BodyGen feature) or simply remove/empty the morphs.ini files, or disable the zex-bodygen.esp plugin.

Note that characters which were already altered by BodyGen are going to stay that way unless you reset them. I'd recommend HBD_MorphDebug as the easiest tool for doing that, if you need it.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 7:23 AM, vaultbait said:

Yes, removing the morphs.ini and templates.ini files will effectively disable that BodyGen configuration (really just removing morphs.ini is sufficient but you might as well do both). If you don't want it undone on upgrades or reinstallation, make a simple mod that just contains blank versions of those files and set your mod manager to overwrite with it.

Just be careful not to remove the Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\ZeX-BodyGen.esp\sliders.json file since that contains the LooksMenu sliders.

I ve tried to create that but i think i don't have enough knowledge to create it right, do you think that you could create the esp needed to do that and share it?

41 minutes ago, devilangel13 said:

I ve tried to create that but i think i don't have enough knowledge to create it right, do you think that you could create the esp needed to do that and share it?

You don't need to create anything now. Assuming you're using the latest version of ZeX ZBG, just deactivate the plugins named ZeX-BodyGen-F.esp and ZeX-BodyGen-M.esp if you don't want the default BodyGen configuration to be applied. (Note that ZeX-ZBG and Fusion Girl, maybe also BodyTalk, have new versions since the date of the message you're replying to, so things have changed for the better in this regard.)

Edited by vaultbait

So after updating this mod how do I get the game to apply the morph settings I saved in a Looksmenu character preset to both my clothed and nude character? Currently it only applies the morphs to my clothed character, my nude character still has zeroed sliders with no morphs applied.

Also the morph sliders in Looksmenu don't work anymore...

51 minutes ago, PlayingOneHanded said:

So after updating this mod how do I get the game to apply the morph settings I saved in a Looksmenu character preset to both my clothed and nude character? Currently it only applies the morphs to my clothed character, my nude character still has zeroed sliders with no morphs applied.

Also the morph sliders in Looksmenu don't work anymore...

Male or female? Make sure you have the latest versions of your body replacers (some plugins moved back out of ZBG), and make sure you build your nude bodies in BodySlide, not just your clothing.

On 7/28/2023 at 3:33 AM, vaultbait said:

You don't need to create anything now. Assuming you're using the latest version of ZeX ZBG, just deactivate the plugins named ZeX-BodyGen-F.esp and ZeX-BodyGen-M.esp if you don't want the default BodyGen configuration to be applied. (Note that ZeX-ZBG and Fusion Girl, maybe also BodyTalk, have new versions since the date of the message you're replying to, so things have changed for the better in this regard.)

Thank you! :D

On 7/28/2023 at 3:47 PM, vaultbait said:

Male or female? Make sure you have the latest versions of your body replacers (some plugins moved back out of ZBG), and make sure you build your nude bodies in BodySlide, not just your clothing.

I just rebuilt all the outfits and now it works fine again. I thought I wouldn't have to rebuild all the bodies and outfits because I didn't update/reinstall  Fusion Girl or any armor/clothing mod. I wasn't thinking about this mod overwriting the built meshes/morphs.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello friends, don’t know if anyone could help me with this.

So I am having an issue with male NPC body morphs. When I’m adjusting the sliders in looksmenu, nothing will happen, but then all of a sudden and very briefly the morphs on the target actor will show then disappear. I have current body talk and zbg installed along w looksmenu and SAM. 

My body is built in bodyslide w zero sliders setting as well. Clothing will get adjusted as well, but when it’s nude body, the same thing happens (for example, if I boost biceps there will be no change as I push the slider all the way up, but for a SPLIT SECOND the morph will actually apply but then disappear)

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this.

27 minutes ago, HyperByron said:

Hello friends, don’t know if anyone could help me with this.

So I am having an issue with male NPC body morphs. When I’m adjusting the sliders in looksmenu, nothing will happen, but then all of a sudden and very briefly the morphs on the target actor will show then disappear. I have current body talk and zbg installed along w looksmenu and SAM. 

My body is built in bodyslide w zero sliders setting as well. Clothing will get adjusted as well, but when it’s nude body, the same thing happens (for example, if I boost biceps there will be no change as I push the slider all the way up, but for a SPLIT SECOND the morph will actually apply but then disappear)

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this.

What version of BodyTalk and what version of LooksMenu?

For BodyTalk, you'll want the latest version from Nexus Mods (3.8) for compatibility with the current ZBG (1.3, yes I know the download page still says it's 1.1 but the filename indicates 1.3).

Older LooksMenu versions have a bug with competing morphs getting chosen in ways that cause smaller (or zero) values for a slider to override larger values for the same slider. This was fixed in LooksMenu 1.6.20, so if you're using an earlier release you might check whether your problem is still reproducible with the latest one.

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

What version of BodyTalk and what version of LooksMenu?

For BodyTalk, you'll want the latest version from Nexus Mods (3.8) for compatibility with the current ZBG (1.3, yes I know the download page still says it's 1.1 but the filename indicates 1.3).

Older LooksMenu versions have a bug with competing morphs getting chosen in ways that cause smaller (or zero) values for a slider to override larger values for the same slider. This was fixed in LooksMenu 1.6.20, so if you're using an earlier release you might check whether your problem is still reproducible with the latest one.

My body talk and zbg are current. I’ll double check my looksmenu situation. 

So I have current looksmenu, but also tried with 6.18; still happening. An interesting note as well, when I did the slm on my target actor, it T posed my female player character instead, and the big slider with muscular thin big etc worked, but advanced sliders were all fucked up the same way I described. 

I used SAM’s new feature they dropped in the last update where you can load bodyslide presets and slider sets onto actors in real-time, because I was having issue with male models not saluting the flag, as well as super mutants. I used the body talk sliders to manually fix those issues and saved it as a preset I could load onto others w the same problem.

Ever since I did that there seems to be problems; might need a fresh save and maybe I should delete that slider preset?

• 1 month later...