ZBG - ZeX BodyGen & LooksMenu Morphs

ZBG - ZeX BodyGen & LooksMenu Morphs

View File

Overview

This is just a simple update/fix to the integrated LooksMenu and Bodygen setup for Fusion Girl & BT3. Rather than keep them in their respective mods, I felt it was easier to roll this into one mod for both bodies. 

What this does

This integrates BT3 and FG into looksmenu's in game body editor as well as the bodygen system used by NPCs. 

How to Install
If you're on a fresh install of FG or BT, you don't need to do anythin with either body, both have morphs enabled to allow bodygen to work. Install this mod as normal. 

Questions
I don't use BT, will you remove it cause the premise of anything for men being in my game scares me?
Talk to your therapist

Can this be patched so I can use cbbe/twb with BT3?
here you go!

As an armchair mod author I feel like you made this update without my permission!
ok

6 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

I'm sorry I refuse to offer support for Atomic Muscle. Please feel free to not ask about it again. 

An entirely reasonable response, my apologies for bringing it up. And thanks again for the FG update!

3 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Build Morphs checkbox in Bodyslide

I did that, but it seems like it only works on FG clothing and BT3 body + clothing. I can not get it to work with the FG body.

Edit:

Went back to FusionGirl1.86 and its included esp, so far that works fine. The sliders now also work with the body.

Edited by niemand95

I have a lot of trouble adjusting the looksmenu body sliders ingame and I thought that I could adjust values in sliders.json, provided by this mod, the minimums to 0 (I don't need -2.5) and the maximums to 1 (interval 0.01), 1/0.01 =100, same as in bodyslide. Any trick to avoid doing it by hand? Importing somehow from the bodyslide xml?

Thanks in advance 

Edit:

Solved! My son helped me with Notepad

Edited by antoniut
4 hours ago, niemand95 said:

I did that, but it seems like it only works on FG clothing and BT3 body + clothing. I can not get it to work with the FG body.

And you did build the Fusion Girl body in BodySllide too, right (not just the outfits)?

I can confirm that the "only works with the clothes" problem is a real thing... I just came back to FO4 after a long break and decided to learn about FG and BodyGen at the same time.  (It's possible that I'm not very bright, but I *am* stubborn.)  About six hours in, there was a stretch where BodyGen was working on FG clothes but not the body, and BT3 body but not the clothes... that was fun!

The BT3 problem was because I was an idiot and didn't notice that the clothes I was using to test (vault suit, because I just popped out of the intro vault) didn't support BodySlide.  Ahem.  *That* was a headdesk moment.

I never did figure out what was wrong with my FG setup, because I finally found this mod, installed it, and the problem went away, so thanks for that!

If you're curious, I'm pretty sure I can replicate it any time, by removing your mod and reinstalling mine.  Besides the absent .esps, there are a few obvious differences:

* My JSON file is much smaller -- it's handwritten, only includes a few sliders I was using to test, and wasn't always present.  Adding and removing it didn't have any detectable effects.
* My conversions of the default presets used somewhat wider ranges for the random numbers (but all capped at 0.0:1.0).
* I dropped everything under \Fallout4.esm\ because I didn't make my own .esp (haven't reinstalled the construction kit yet) and it was one of the only files left after I stripped the install down for testing.

I don't suppose y'all can point me to some vanilla clothes for BT3?  I like him better than any of the alternatives, but I mostly play with my clothes on, and the default morph is really holding him back.

Thanks!

On 3/28/2022 at 8:28 PM, wps said:

I can confirm that the "only works with the clothes" problem is a real thing... I just came back to FO4 after a long break and decided to learn about FG and BodyGen at the same time.  (It's possible that I'm not very bright, but I *am* stubborn.)  About six hours in, there was a stretch where BodyGen was working on FG clothes but not the body, and BT3 body but not the clothes... that was fun!

The BT3 problem was because I was an idiot and didn't notice that the clothes I was using to test (vault suit, because I just popped out of the intro vault) didn't support BodySlide.  Ahem.  *That* was a headdesk moment.

I never did figure out what was wrong with my FG setup, because I finally found this mod, installed it, and the problem went away, so thanks for that!

If you're curious, I'm pretty sure I can replicate it any time, by removing your mod and reinstalling mine.  Besides the absent .esps, there are a few obvious differences:

* My JSON file is much smaller -- it's handwritten, only includes a few sliders I was using to test, and wasn't always present.  Adding and removing it didn't have any detectable effects.
* My conversions of the default presets used somewhat wider ranges for the random numbers (but all capped at 0.0:1.0).
* I dropped everything under \Fallout4.esm\ because I didn't make my own .esp (haven't reinstalled the construction kit yet) and it was one of the only files left after I stripped the install down for testing.

I don't suppose y'all can point me to some vanilla clothes for BT3?  I like him better than any of the alternatives, but I mostly play with my clothes on, and the default morph is really holding him back.

Thanks!

Trying to get them finished in some time. 

I may be working on recruiting some friends in to help since It's been a ongoing thing (You try modding with a full time life obligation) 

/shrug  Feel free to DM.  Been planning to get back into modding anyway, but F4 mods have changed so much that I'm going to need to play for awhile before I even know how I want to start.  Clothes haven't really been my thing, but I've done some simple stuff with nifskope and outfit studio and might be able to help.

Or I'll wait for the clothes, and start doing dumb things with the addon tools for SS2.  :)

Appreciate your work, anyway -- it's good stuff.

• 1 month later...

Somehow only male characters have BodyGen in my game... I built the female body and clothes with the ZeroSliders preset and also built the morphs, the f4ee.log shows no errors (at least none that I'm aware of). The only thing that strikes me as odd is that in the templates.ini "Fusion-ZeroSliders" only has "Bum Round@0.00" while all other presets have way more attributes set. Could that be the reason why I don't see any changes when using this preset?

11 hours ago, PlayingOneHanded said:

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that in the templates.ini "Fusion-ZeroSliders" only has "Bum Round@0.00" while all other presets have way more attributes set. Could that be the reason why I don't see any changes when using this preset?

I don't think so. Sliders are assumed to be @0.0 unless they're listed with a value/range, so you can leave any out of a template if you're not adjusting them. The only caveat is that LooksMenu seems to require a template have at least one slider listed, so picking an arbitrary one and zeroing it is the workaround to that.

Thank you for this mod! However I'm a little confuse : Usually I build custom bodyslide for naked body and outfits. Now with this I like to have NPCs with different bodies but now I am not sure to understand why my character has not the same body like before ?

So it's not clear for me :

1. Do I have to build bodies with BodySlide with the zero-sliders preset for more consistencies ?
  2. Does it make sense with this mod to have a different build BodySlide for outfits and naked body ?
  3. Do I have to recreate my body with "slm 14" ?
On 5/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, XIss said:

Do I have to build bodies with BodySlide with the zero-sliders preset for more consistencies ?

You don't have to, but if you're going to be using a lot of body morphing mods it tends to be more compatible to build everything with a zero-sliders reference and then let all adjustments to the body shape happen in the game rather than pre-building shapes outside the game. This is especially a good idea if you're relying on BodyGen, since you probably don't want your BG templates to be additive with some non-zeroed body preset.

Does it make sense with this mod to have a different build BodySlide for outfits and naked body ?

I don't normally bother, but some people like to pre-build clothing with slightly different proportions (e.g. increasing the breast push-up to simulate wearing clothing with a bra).

Do I have to recreate my body with "slm 14" ?

I recommend creating your body shape in the LooksMenu interface that way once, and then save it as a preset (you can also backup, modify and share these as they're just a JSON text file on your filesystem). After that, you can use the LooksMenu interface to apply any of your saved presets rather than having to repeat that work on subsequent playthroughs.

@vaultbait Thank you ! I understand better now.

If I do a looksmenu preset, this preset will be for all the outfits and naked body ? There are no way to have the kind of BodySlide multipreset mechanics builds ?

Also, is there a way to have a good navigation in the looksmenu interface. For me the sliders in looksmenu (instead of BodySlide) feel very strange... It's difficult for me to be precise or fast (when I want to go at the very bottom of the list for exemple). Maybe I am doing something wrong or this is a everyone problem with this interface ? Someone have advices, cheats or hotkeys I don't know ?  ?

Edited by XIss
9 minutes ago, XIss said:

If I do a looksmenu preset, this preset will be for all the outfits and naked body ? There are no way to have the kind of BodySlide multipreset mechanics ?

You can build each outfit and the nude body replacer with different presets in BodySlide, and then whatever morphs you apply in LooksMenu (or with a LooksMenu preset) will be additive with those, so if you wanted to build some outfits to look like a push-up bra is being worn with them you can do that and it will still have relatively pushed-up breasts when you wear it even if you change the size of the breasts on the character partway into the game (maybe they've had a baby and now they're lactating...). The general idea, though, is that if a character has big hips (for example), then their hips should look big regardless of whether they're wearing a dress, pants, or just nude; you wouldn't want putting on a pair of leather shorts to suddenly make their hips smaller.

9 minutes ago, XIss said:

Also, is there a way to have a good navigation in the looksmenu interface. For me the sliders in looksmenu (instead of BodySlide) feel very strange... It's difficult for me to be precise or fast (when I want to go at the very bottom of the list for exemple). Maybe I am doing something wrong or this is a everyone problem with this interface ? Someone have advices, cheats or hotkeys I don't know ?  ?

As a game controller user, I've found that holding the down button and pulling down on the directional stick at the same time at least doubles the scrolling rate. Also the primary and secondary left and right triggers jump by 0.5 units or all the way to the lowest/highest values for a slider. I'm not sure how mouse users do it, but I'm guessing they click-drag the sliders around and use a scroll wheel to cycle through the sliders list quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,if you want to delete the fat sliders (chubby BT, curvy FG)  is it enough to delete the entries BT3-Chubby,Fusion-Curvy from the morphs file and  their values from the templates file? Also from the .json files the values on chubby arm, chubby leg, fat stomach for the BT3 ,  and arms chubby, bum chubby for FG respectively? If I want to add more intermediate sliders from presets that I have beyong adding a description name for them in the morphs file and their values in templates what changes do I have to make in the BT3 and FG .json files? Thanx.

12 hours ago, modgrabber said:

Hi ,if you want to delete the fat sliders (chubby BT, curvy FG)  is it enough to delete the entries BT3-Chubby,Fusion-Curvy from the morphs file and  their values from the templates file? Also from the .json files the values on chubby arm, chubby leg, fat stomach for the BT3 ,  and arms chubby, bum chubby for FG respectively? If I want to add more intermediate sliders from presets that I have beyong adding a description name for them in the morphs file and their values in templates what changes do I have to make in the BT3 and FG .json files? Thanx.

You can edit the templates.ini to add, remove or alter ranges for sliders in the existing template definitions, or create your own template definitions in there. You can also decide which templates get applied by editing the lists of template names in the morphs.ini file. If you want a better understanding of how these files relate to each other and what you can do, read the relevant section of the LooksMenu mod description page.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm running into an issue that seems to me to be about the communication between BodySlide and the actual morphs in the game, but I could be wrong because I don't fully understand how BodySlide works... Anyway, the issue is that in BodySlide I have the "Fusion Girl - Athletic" morphs built (I think), but in game I am getting these bulky bodies with much larger, pointier breasts than I have set up in BodySlide. They don't line up at all with the preview I have there and I can't figure out where the problem lies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20220629015201_1.jpg

20220629015205_1.jpg

20220629015232_1.jpg

20220629015236_1.jpg