ZBG - ZeX BodyGen & LooksMenu Morphs

1 hour ago, DasKebab said:

Having issue where NPC can sometime spawn wide as a barn, is there a way to adjust/remove on how random NPCs bodygen go?

Apologies in advance if this is already answered.

You can edit the included BodyGen configs, they're just text files. You'll want to visit the LooksMenu mod page for a brief explanation of what the values in those files mean, but it's not hard once you get the hang of it.

Also scroll back a few comments for a command you can use to "reroll" the random body morphs on an NPC.

• 2 weeks later...

Looksmenu bodysliders values aren't the same with those used to Bodyslide and Outfit Studio. I'm using ZBG - Zex Bodygen with the latest FG edition. I made for some companions through looksmenu changes in their bodysliders. In outfit studio for example "athletic" and "arms size" have percentile values from 0-100%, in looksmenu though they range from -2.50 to +2.50. A value -1.00 or +1.00 in looksmenu in what percentage would it correspond in Bodyslide and Outfit Studio? My templates.ini file is set up correctly the only problem is I don't know how to convert the looksmenu bodyslider values to Bodyslide and Outfit Studio percentages to have the same result for their bodies. The base body I use is FG zeroed sliders.

For those that use ZBG In-Game BodySlide for LooksMenu with FusionGirl, have you encountered any issues where female naked bodies (e.g. female settler corpses in the basement of the Hardware Town building) have invisible bodies instead of displaying their nude body model/texture? I've heard this is a longstanding issue with ZBG, but is that true? Is there a fix for this, and can someone point me to it?

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, jayblah said:

For those that use ZBG In-Game BodySlide for LooksMenu with FusionGirl, have you encountered any issues where female naked bodies (e.g. female settler corpses in the basement of the Hardware Town building) have invisible bodies instead of displaying their nude body model/texture? I've heard this is a longstanding issue with ZBG, but is that true? Is there a fix for this, and can someone point me to it?

Thank you.

It's not actually ZBG causing the problem, it's a longstanding bug with LooksMenu's BodyGen feature. For reasons nobody's quite seemed to nail down, any time BodyGen morphs a dead NPC, their body and clothing can appear to vanish together leaving only the head and hands rendered. There's speculation that this has to do with whether the body morphs occur before vs after the game equips their outfits on load, but the only reliable solution other than not using BodyGen is to make it not morph corpses (which involves either configuring a list of the specific actors you do want BodyGen to modify, or maintaining a list of corpses you don't want BodyGen to modify).

Random Overlay Framework claims to have a general workaround for it (leveraging SPID), but so far I've not seen it be effective in my tests.

Ultimately, though, a proper fix to the problem would have to go in LooksMenu itself.

Thank you for the informative reply. Do you happen to know if the LooksMenu "freezing" issue has been fixed if you press the Remove Clothes hotkey?

I'll either copy the list you created and linked to, or just not use BodyGen since that bug still exists in LooksMenu.

1 minute ago, jayblah said:

Thank you for the informative reply. Do you happen to know if the LooksMenu "freezing" issue has been fixed if you press the Remove Clothes hotkey?

Yes, it's been fixed for several years now, with the1.6.20 release (see the LM changelog).

1 minute ago, jayblah said:

I'll either copy the list you created and linked to, or just not use BodyGen since that bug still exists in LooksMenu.

Well, that list is not extensive, it's just some specific ones which were bothering me. If you use Better Console you can click on an affected corpse and find its base (form) ID and plugin name, then add them to a list. Apply a zero sliders preset to each affected corpse and you shouldn't see it happen to them any more. Many in-game corpses are instances of the same actor forms, so fixing one you come across may sometimes fix others as well.

Note that BodyGen morphs, once applied to a spawned reference, are recorded in your save so editing the configuration won't fix corpses which you've already encountered, though you can cgf "BodyGen.RegenerateMorphs" <refID> 1 to reset an already rendered corpse later if you want to test whether your configuration change helped.

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, it's been fixed for several years now, with the1.6.20 release (see the LM changelog).

Are you sure about this? That's the LooksMenu version I use, and when I press the remove clothes hotkey, my game freezes.

If it helps, I use Fusion Girl, ZeX Skeleton, Unique Player Body, OBCBPC ZeX Physics, and an OCBPC Preset, as well as various texture mods.

2 minutes ago, jayblah said:

Are you sure about this? That's the LooksMenu version I use, and when I press the remove clothes hotkey, my game freezes.

If it helps, I use Fusion Girl, ZeX Skeleton, Unique Player Body, OBCBPC ZeX Physics, and an OCBPC Preset, as well as various texture mods.

It undresses fine for me, no crashing. I use a controller, so it's the left trigger when in body view, but shouldn't matter.

Double-check that you really have 1.6.20 installed. The editors for The Fucking Manual have been recommending everyone install 1.6.18 because some users have witnessed BodyTalk penis morphing problems they attribute to LM 1.6.19 and later, though I've personally not observed that problem and continue to happily run the latest LM release.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It undresses fine for me, no crashing. I use a controller, so it's the left trigger when in body view, but shouldn't matter.

Double-check that you really have 1.6.20 installed. The editors for The Fucking Manual have been recommending everyone install 1.6.18 because some users have witnessed BodyTalk penis morphing problems they attribute to LM 1.6.19 and later, though I've personally not observed that problem and continue to happily run the latest LM release.

Nailed it. I didn't actually have it installed because I used the AAF link.

Here's another question for you (note: Still not using ZBG, but thinking about it).

In BodySlide, I created a couple of presets for myself. Let's assume one is called PresetA. I can put PresetA in the morphs.ini and templates.ini files as "|PresetA" after the last Fusion slider, right? What does that do? Does it allow BodyGen to use my preset as potential sliders for the women of the wasteland? When I used ZBG in the past, I noticed I was getting women that were generally skinny or chubby, but not much else. Not much variety in breast size, for example.

14 minutes ago, jayblah said:

In BodySlide, I created a couple of presets for myself. Let's assume one is called PresetA. I can put PresetA in the morphs.ini and templates.ini files as "|PresetA" after the last Fusion slider, right? What does that do? Does it allow BodyGen to use my preset as potential sliders for the women of the wasteland? When I used ZBG in the past, I noticed I was getting women that were generally skinny or chubby, but not much else. Not much variety in breast size, for example.

BodyGen templates don't use BodySlide presets (nor LooksMenu presets). In templates.ini you list all the slider values (or ranges) you want associated with a particular template name, and then in morphs.ini you assign one or more templates (it randomly selects from the list you provide) based on various identifiers like race, gender, form ID, whatever. See the mod description for LooksMenu if you want a detailed explanation with examples.

If you need a tool to convert BodySlide presets to BodyGen templates, try BodyConvert.

34 minutes ago, jayblah said:

Are you supposed to install and run BodyConvert with Mod Organizer 2 the way you run BodySlide, or as a separate app?

That's probably a question for their support forum. I use Vortex not MO2, but I've never used BodyConvert anyway since I construct my BodyGen templates by hand instead.

So I have BodyConvert installed, but I don't quite get it. I just paste the XML file's contents, it spits out the BodyMorph values, which I then copy and paste into the templates.ini file and the name of the preset into the morphs.ini file. That sound correct?

1 hour ago, jayblah said:

So I have BodyConvert installed, but I don't quite get it. I just paste the XML file's contents, it spits out the BodyMorph values, which I then copy and paste into the templates.ini file and the name of the preset into the morphs.ini file. That sound correct?

Having not used BodyConvert I can't speak to that part, but once you have a series of slider values to paste into a templates.ini file then yes, just use the same template name in assignments in the morphs.ini file. As I said, see the LooksMenu mod page for details on BodyGen configuration, or you can look at the sample configurations included with ZBG for that matter. I also posted the ones I use a couple pages back if you need more examples.

33 minutes ago, jayblah said:

Looking at your templates, you use BodyTalk I assume? I don't. I just use Enhanced Vanilla Bodies for males. I can just get rid of those entries then, right?

Yes, I don't know whether EVB has morph support (I've never used it), but if it does the slider names are all going to be different anyway.

Just now, jayblah said:

Why do you have duplicated entries in your files?

e.g. 

All|Female|HumanRace=Fusion-VanillaEsque-Scrawny|Fusion-VanillaEsque-Scrawny|

Why does Scrawny appear twice (along with every other morph)?

BodyGen picks a template at random from the list you supply for a given match in morphs.ini, so that's a cheap way of making some templates get used more often than others. Basically, I list the more extreme templates fewer times so that NPCs with them applied will occur less often.

Last question, I hope: Even though I'm using ZBG, I still need to go into BodySlide and build ALL my desired outfits with Fusion Girl ZeroSliders preset. Correct?

What about for male bodies and BodyTalk? What preset do I build all those outfits with?

EDIT: Derp, nm. I assume I build all BT outfits with BT3 - Zero preset.

Edited by jayblah
On 3/18/2023 at 12:20 PM, vaultbait said:

the only reliable solution other than not using BodyGen is to make it not morph corpses (which involves either configuring a list of the specific actors you do want BodyGen to modify, or maintaining a list of corpses you don't want BodyGen to modify).

I assume you just add this list to the morphs.ini file exactly as follows and that by doing that, it knows to not apply a random body to it?

Fallout4.esm|3183a
Fallout4.esm|668d5
Fallout4.esm|83ad2
Fallout4.esm|97335
Fallout4.esm|a0e30
Fallout4.esm|a0e31
Fallout4.esm|a0e3a
Fallout4.esm|a0e3b
Fallout4.esm|d39e9
Fallout4.esm|d39ea
Fallout4.esm|d39eb
Fallout4.esm|d39ec
Fallout4.esm|184ab1
raider children.esp|c6ec
raider children.esp|c6f3
11 hours ago, jayblah said:

I assume you just add this list to the morphs.ini file exactly as follows and that by doing that, it knows to not apply a random body to it?

Fallout4.esm|3183a
Fallout4.esm|668d5
Fallout4.esm|83ad2
Fallout4.esm|97335
Fallout4.esm|a0e30
Fallout4.esm|a0e31
Fallout4.esm|a0e3a
Fallout4.esm|a0e3b
Fallout4.esm|d39e9
Fallout4.esm|d39ea
Fallout4.esm|d39eb
Fallout4.esm|d39ec
Fallout4.esm|184ab1
raider children.esp|c6ec
raider children.esp|c6f3

I assign a zero-sliders template to each of those. You can reuse a single template for both male and female, it just needs at least one slider in the template and set that slider to 0, BodyGen will silently ignore slider names which are irrelevant for the body being used. So you could put this in templates.ini:

CorpseFix=Nonexistent@0.0

And then in morphs.ini set the entries like:

Fallout4.esm|3183a=CorpseFix
Fallout4.esm|668d5=CorpseFix

Thank you. Have you seen this solution? 

I tried it, but I'm not quite sure what to do. There is no "Dead_Bah_LL" file/folder anywhere in the mod. 

Also, I've been trying to use the Presets feature by generating JSON files (using BodyConvert). I put my Presets in the folder that I think is where they go. For example: D:\Games\Game Mods\Fallout 4\mods\LooksMenu\F4SE\Plugins\Presets\JayNakedBody.json

In-game, when I use slm 14 to get into Looks Menu, I press the Preset hotkey and I do see my Preset listed. However, when I click on it and apply it, my game crashes to desktop. Do you know why that might be happening?

The content of my JSON file looks like this:

"JayNakedBody":{
    "BodyFat": 0.25,
    "Boobs Big": 1.0,
    "Boobs Gravity": 0.5,
    "Boobs Height": -1.0,
    "Boobs Together": 0.25,
    "Boobs Yuge": 0.5,
    "BreastArmpitin": 1.0,
    "Bum Apple": 0.5,
    "Bum Crack": -0.5,
    "ButtGravity": 1.0,
    "Groin Back": 1.0,
    "Hips Bone": 0.5,
    "Knee Height": 1.0,
    "Labia Majora Inner": 0.5,
    "Labia Majora Long": 1.0,
    "Labia Majora Wide": 2.5,
    "Labia Minora Flat": 1.0,
    "Labia Minora Longer": 1.0,
    "Nipples Areola": -1.0,
    "Nipples Length": 0.25,
    "Nipples Perkiness": 0.5,
    "Nipples Puffy": 0.5,
    "Nipples Up": 0.25,
    "Shoulder Smooth": -1.0,
    "Thighs Size": 0.75,
    "Waist Size": 0.25
  },

10 minutes ago, jayblah said:

Have you seen this solution? 

Yes, Invictusblade later incorporated that into Random Overlay Framework (it's an option in the FOMOD installer menu for it now), but when I tried it I was still coming across corpses with invisible bodies.

12 minutes ago, jayblah said:

I've been trying to use the Presets feature by generating JSON files (using BodyConvert). I put my Presets in the folder that I think is where they go. For example: D:\Games\Game Mods\Fallout 4\mods\LooksMenu\F4SE\Plugins\Presets\JayNakedBody.json

In-game, when I use slm 14 to get into Looks Menu, I press the Preset hotkey and I do see my Preset listed. However, when I click on it and apply it, my game crashes to desktop. Do you know why that might be happening?

That doesn't look like a valid preset file. Try saving a preset with LooksMenu and then compare it with yours. I think your JayNakedBody key needs to be renamed to BodyMorphs and put inside an associative array (wrapped in an extra level of curly braces).