ZBG - ZeX BodyGen & LooksMenu Morphs

On 10/17/2023 at 6:56 PM, Bloodhhunter666 said:

Can this be patched so I can use cbbe/twb with BT3?
here you go!

The link is wrong unless you want to see a Fortnite video.

The link isn't wrong, it was the author's attempt at humor. Basically, if you want to combine those things, good luck, you're on your own (or at least need to look for help elsewhere). If you want to use Bt3, you're better off dropping CBBE or TWB and switching to FG since it uses the same skeleton as BT3, and will therefore be easier overall.

• 1 month later...

So the triangle deal works for what looks like overall weight, but none of the actual sliders work in looksmenu. I have FG installed over CBBE. Do I want to uninstall CBBE altogether? I tried it on a new game as well. The breasts didn't change size when I used the weight triangle. I'm pretty fair with Skyrim, but this is my first time with FO4.

Yes, turns out. Don't have FG installed over CBBE. No bueno. Uninstalled CBBE and rebuilt the body in BodySlide. and bingo.

Leaving this here for other idjits like me.

Edited by dechurch
  • 2 months later...

Question, how would i go about toning way down the changes applied to npcs? my idea was to have my bodyslide preset with minor changes applied to female npcs and none to male but i always gest excessive morphs on both female and male and most npcs are all bloated and huge, i lowered all FG values in the sliders .json and deleted all entries reletaed to bt3 but nothing changes, how would i go on about this?

On 2/24/2024 at 3:27 PM, Pralinezz said:

Question, how would i go about toning way down the changes applied to npcs? my idea was to have my bodyslide preset with minor changes applied to female npcs and none to male but i always gest excessive morphs on both female and male and most npcs are all bloated and huge, i lowered all FG values in the sliders .json and deleted all entries reletaed to bt3 but nothing changes, how would i go on about this?

If you want to change the example BodyGen configs, edit the values in the templates.ini files. Don't touch sliders.json, BodyGen is nothing to do with BodySlide.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I want to include body gen in my next playthrough and have some questions before I mess everything up - does body triangle play any role when you use body gen?

I mean, if I create a fat person preset and give some randomness to the sliders, will triangle variation be added on top of it, or will it be disabled in that case?

Also, am I right to assume that NPC that have set bodies (like Mayor Mcdonough) won't be affected by this unless I specify his ID in Morphs.ini? Or will he get a random preset as same as any other NPC?

One more question, can I use negative values in templates.ini? For example, if I want to make a petite body with skinny arms, can I enter arms chubby with -0.10? If yes, and I want it to be randomized (let's say go from -0.20 to -0.10) should I enter both values as negative (-0.20:-0.10), or does the second number is the amount by which to increase the slider in randomization (-0.20:0.10)?

10 minutes ago, lt5ive said:

does body triangle play any role when you use body gen?

I mean, if I create a fat person preset and give some randomness to the sliders, will triangle variation be added on top of it, or will it be disabled in that case?

Yes, the end result will be the combination of LooksMenu slider changes and base game "weight triangle" randomization that already occurs naturally. To my eye, the changes from the triangle are fairly subtle, so for all practical design purposes I just ignore that aspect.

13 minutes ago, lt5ive said:

am I right to assume that NPC that have set bodies (like Mayor Mcdonough) won't be affected by this unless I specify his ID in Morphs.ini? Or will he get a random preset as same as any other NPC?

He will get a random preset if he matches parameters in your morphs.ini (such as an entry matching all human males). If you want him to always use a specific template, you can create an additional entry just for him. BodyGen uses the most specific match for any given NPC.

14 minutes ago, lt5ive said:

One more question, can I use negative values in templates.ini? For example, if I want to make a petite body with skinny arms, can I enter arms chubby with -0.10? If yes, and I want it to be randomized (let's say go from -0.20 to -0.10) should I enter both values as negative (-0.20:-0.10), or does the second number is the amount by which to increase the slider in randomization (-0.20:0.10)?

Yes, you can see some examples in the configs I use.

Thanks for such a quick reply. 

Just to clarify one last thing - with unlucky RNG you can end up with Piper being fat as a whale and Mcdonough thin as a stick? There are no exceptions?

What about player character - will I get a random preset as well and have to build on top of it with in-game sliders?

And if I would load saved character presets - will it overwrite the body gen generated body, or will it be a combination of random bodygen + char preset values?

Edited by lt5ive
1 hour ago, lt5ive said:

Just to clarify one last thing - with unlucky RNG you can end up with Piper being fat as a whale and Mcdonough thin as a stick? There are no exceptions?

Yes, no exceptions as far as I know, BodyGen does not discriminate unless you include configuration specifically telling it to. If memory serves, Atomic Muscle comes with BodyGen configuration that sets basically all unique human males to specific slider values so that they're identical from one playthrough to the next. I've never really been annoyed by the variety though, and worst case I use the debug features in HBD_MorphDebug to "reroll" the body for a particular NPC if I don't like how they look. What's wrong with whale Piper BTW? :face_pig:

1 hour ago, lt5ive said:

What about player character - will I get a random preset as well and have to build on top of it with in-game sliders?

By default yes, you'll want to exclude the player, and also AAF's doppelganger if you use AAF, by setting to a specific preset. I use a "zero sliders" preset for both.

1 hour ago, lt5ive said:

And if I would load saved character presets - will it overwrite the body gen generated body, or will it be a combination of random bodygen + char preset values?

Depends on what kind of saved character presets you mean, but basically the first time you encounter an NPC after installing LooksMenu, it will check the BodyGen configuration and then set their new slider values at that time. You could, for example, save each one as a LooksMenu preset and then use LooksMenu to apply that saved preset to them once you've encountered them. You can also use BodyConvert to convert between BodySlide presets, LooksMenu presets, and BodyGen templates if that helps.

This is so cool. I struggled with Diverse Bodies mod for so long, and this method provides diversity without all the issues of that mod. Was afraid at first that this is too advanced for me, but with a little time I've created 20-ish presets using this mod's files as a template, and they all seem to work. Did a quick test and only found one issue, sometimes when you remove clothes from the corpse, it switches to a different body (e.g. skinny girl turns to a fat one). My first guess is that this has something to do with the Random Overlays Framework mod, since it appears to be adding wound overlays at the same time, or it is just a coincidence. I'll have to test it out a bit more after work. I've used pretty high speedmult while testing and jumped from one place to another. Maybe the game just wasn't finished loading everything when that issue happened.

@vaultbait, thanks for your explanations.

By the way, I see that in your files you have Male-corpse and Female-corpse as defined presets, but they are not included in morphs file. Is this some kind of exception?

4 hours ago, lt5ive said:

sometimes when you remove clothes from the corpse, it switches to a different body (e.g. skinny girl turns to a fat one). My first guess is that this has something to do with the Random Overlays Framework mod, since it appears to be adding wound overlays at the same time

The "death overlays" and "invisible dead body fix" in ROF are optional, but they're attempting to work around a longstanding bug in LooksMenu that sometimes causes placed "loot corpse" NPCs' bodies to fail to render when BodyGen applies morphs to them (it's suspected the bug has to do with whether the game engine equips their outfits onto them at the same time BodyGen is trying to apply its morphs). The same author also makes a separate corpse fix mod with a (I think) slightly newer approach to working around that bug. Neither is 100% effective from what I've seen.

5 hours ago, lt5ive said:

I see that in your files you have Male-corpse and Female-corpse as defined presets, but they are not included in morphs file. Is this some kind of exception?

They're just not used in the example, they're remnants of an earlier attempt to solve the invisible corpse bug. Basically, if you put a zero sliders preset on the corpses then the bug doesn't occur because BodyGen doesn't try to morph them. The main downside to that approach is you need to find the form IDs of every affected corpse in your game (including any added by mods), and there are hundreds in base FO4 alone, not counting those from the various DLCs.

I hope that someone works with the LooksMenu maintainer eventually to properly fix the problem, but hacking on F4SE extensions like LooksMenu is beyond my current skillset so it probably won't be me.

Found what was causing that body switch issue I've mentioned before. I had Classy chassis outfits (non-replacer) installed and they inject some of those outfits to the raider armor pool. Outfits were not made for the FG body. After converting them to FG, everything seems to be fine now.

Got another problem now though :( Every time I load a game body gen keeps resetting on my character. I've set Fallout4.esm|7=BT3-Zero in morphs file and defined BT3-Zero in templates. Disabled update of bodygen in random overlay framework. Double-checked if no other mods are adding bodygen inis. Still, this issue persists.

Any suggestions on how could I find out what is causing this?