deviously cursed loot doesn't install by mod manager

I tried different versions, different mod managers and they all have some problem during install, more specifically while unpacking the archive about 35-50% in. unpacking itself takes quite some time, much more than other mods need, like 4-5 minutes. i am out of ideas, is there a way to get mod installed?

1 hour ago, Gerlond said:

I tried different versions, different mod managers and they all have some problem during install, more specifically while unpacking the archive about 35-50% in. unpacking itself takes quite some time, much more than other mods need, like 4-5 minutes. i am out of ideas, is there a way to get mod installed?

I'm not 100% sure, but I fear the DCL FOMOD checks if all requirements are installed first and stops installing if something is missing without a warning.

If you also tried NMM there can be other reasons that might be an issue for other managers too:

> HDD/SDD nearly full or full (mod can't get extracted enough because there is no space left)

> Skyrim installed in an UAC protected folder:

Before the download choose the right place to install Skyrim:

• Install Skyrim on a separate drive/partition from the one the Operating System is installed on, or:

• ⚠️Avoid installing Steam and Skyrim in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" folders since Windows User Account Control [UAC] can prevent writing files by 3rd party programs.

• Especially NMM suffers if Skyrim is installed in c:\program files.

> run your Mod Managers as admin

> tell you virus scanners to look away (set exceptions for Mod Manager folders and Skyrim folder)

20 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

> run your Mod Managers as admin

:scream: Oh no ! Please don't do that. You don't do yourself a favor.  :classic_sad: Don't grew yourself a habit of running stuff in a privileged account just for the sake of "running it"

Just do this ?

23 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Install Skyrim on a separate drive/partition from the one the Operating System is installed on, or:

• ⚠️Avoid installing Steam and Skyrim in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" folders since Windows User Account Control [UAC] can prevent writing files by 3rd party programs.

And do that for anything that is game related.  This includes your mod manager and whatever fancy toys you gather from the internet.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:48 AM, t.ara said:

Use wyre bash and you ´re done ...installation-guide is available on youtube-it ´s a clean and quick workhorse, which also deinstalls a mod precisely.

ty a lot, that helped! i mean the wrye bash installer. much appreciated