can not figure out those codes !  and looked at your papyrus Log .

for me it seems you had a steam update to AE , and you tried to revert back to se 1.5.97 .

- if it is the cas you might have a conflict with cc--mods you have got from the update . ( they need to be removed [ copy elsewhere for back up ] or you need to get best of both words patcher ) .

- if it is not the cas than it could be an uac  or antivirus exclusion due to a windows update . 

Edited by coolfreaky
On 1/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, coolfreaky said:

can not figure out those codes !  and looked at your papyrus Log .

for me it seems you had a steam update to AE , and you tried to revert back to se 1.5.97 .

- if it is the cas you might have a conflict with cc--mods you have got from the update . ( they need to be removed [ copy elsewhere for back up ] or you need to get best of both words patcher ) .

- if it is not the cas than it could be an uac  or antivirus exclusion due to a windows update . 

Ok, I think i fixed the cc issues and downgraded properly now without the cc stuff. still having CTD when trying to load after being in the alternate start room. Can you look at my logs again please?

Papyrus.0.log crash_2022_01_18_18_22_1.log

your crash Log is still incoherent as for me the code says you have access files failure but you can run the game ! .

papyrusLog is just a debag log ! nothing serious to see for now .

something might be wrong with your mods ; may be you did not set correctly priorities for some mods ?

may be you have a bad mod ( LE or mesh and texture issu ) .

or just a mod conflict that can be resolved with xEdit / tesEdit

state your CTD precisely ; like creating the character ( male female , nord or other  ) , before or after speaking to the statut , before or after going to sleep  .  any detail might suggest an idea .

Fixed up some files using xEdit, uninstalled animation limit crash fix (since it always gave me an error while starting up the game), went into the skyrim data folder and ran base skyrimse.exe and skse64 as administrator. Then i went back and booted it up from vortex and it loaded this time where I would normally crash. Maybe since I had downgraded my game I just needed to run as admin? Just a guess, dunno really.

2 minutes ago, LittleScrapper said:

Fixed up some files using xEdit, uninstalled animation limit crash fix (since it always gave me an error while starting up the game), went into the skyrim data folder and ran base skyrimse.exe and skse64 as administrator. Then i went back and booted it up from vortex and it loaded this time where I would normally crash. Maybe since I had downgraded my game I just needed to run as admin? Just a guess, dunno really.

If you have Skyrim installed in the default directory, which is a sub directory of Program Files, you probably need to run a modded game as administrator.  You are better off installing it in a directory you created yourself, something like C:\Games.  Installing in a directory you create yourself means all the files operate under your user permissions instead of needing administrative rights or properly signed code. 

The stock install (Steam and game and whatnot) are signed, but you'll notice that frequently changed files like saved games are kept in your My Games directory.  That's because when you launch the game you are launching it with your user permissions, so it needs to read and write from a directory with those permissions.  But when you mod you are trying to read/write to a system protected directory, and that doesn't go over well.  You get around this by running Skyrim, SKSE, MO2 or Vortex as Administrator, but the better solution it to move the game to a directory you create yourself, so that you aren't giving a mod, especially one with a DLL, permission to run as Admin as well.

I believe you can change the settings in Steam, give it a new location, and it will move your games over.  Then update your mod manager to look in that new location.

1 hour ago, aurreth said:

If you have Skyrim installed in the default directory, which is a sub directory of Program Files, you probably need to run a modded game as administrator.  You are better off installing it in a directory you created yourself, something like C:\Games.  Installing in a directory you create yourself means all the files operate under your user permissions instead of needing administrative rights or properly signed code. 

The stock install (Steam and game and whatnot) are signed, but you'll notice that frequently changed files like saved games are kept in your My Games directory.  That's because when you launch the game you are launching it with your user permissions, so it needs to read and write from a directory with those permissions.  But when you mod you are trying to read/write to a system protected directory, and that doesn't go over well.  You get around this by running Skyrim, SKSE, MO2 or Vortex as Administrator, but the better solution it to move the game to a directory you create yourself, so that you aren't giving a mod, especially one with a DLL, permission to run as Admin as well.

I believe you can change the settings in Steam, give it a new location, and it will move your games over.  Then update your mod manager to look in that new location.

Does it count as a different directory for permission sake if I have it installed on a different drive (not C)?

11 hours ago, LittleScrapper said:

Does it count as a different directory for permission sake if I have it installed on a different drive (not C)?

I believe that drives other than the primary hard drive are not considered protected.  If they were that would mess up hot swappable drives like USB drives.  Windows tries to protect boot and system files from unauthorized access, and those are located on the primary hard disk (assuming a standard install).  But you shouldn't be installing games to the root (D:\) of a drive anyway, it's sloppy.  Make a directory on your second drive, D:\Games, or tell Steam to install to D:\Steam.  That directory will be created with your permissions and you won't need Admin rights.

Understand, if you are not modding you actually want Steam and its games in a protected directory such as C:\Program Files\Steam.  It's more secure, less susceptible to malicious tampering.  But when you are modding "malicious" tampering is exactly what you are doing.  If you have to run xEdit as Admin you are giving it the right to mess with ANY file, not just some ESP.  xEdit gets infected, you get fucked, and not in a fun way.  And your antivirus, any AV, provides much less protection than you think it does.

This is the principle of Least Privilege.  Programs should run at the lowest privilege level necessary to accomplish their purpose.  Nothing should run as Administrator unless that is absolutely necessary, usually only when making changes to the system itself.  You don't want games running as Admin, and you definitely don't want modding tools running that way.  All the advice about running MO2, and any tools run through it, as Admin is BAD advice, written by people who don't understand directory permissions, and who don't understand you can fix the problem by simply moving your game to a different location with USER level permissions instead of Admin.

8 hours ago, aurreth said:

I believe that drives other than the primary hard drive are not considered protected.  If they were that would mess up hot swappable drives like USB drives.  Windows tries to protect boot and system files from unauthorized access, and those are located on the primary hard disk (assuming a standard install).  But you shouldn't be installing games to the root (D:\) of a drive anyway, it's sloppy.  Make a directory on your second drive, D:\Games, or tell Steam to install to D:\Steam.  That directory will be created with your permissions and you won't need Admin rights.

Understand, if you are not modding you actually want Steam and its games in a protected directory such as C:\Program Files\Steam.  It's more secure, less susceptible to malicious tampering.  But when you are modding "malicious" tampering is exactly what you are doing.  If you have to run xEdit as Admin you are giving it the right to mess with ANY file, not just some ESP.  xEdit gets infected, you get fucked, and not in a fun way.  And your antivirus, any AV, provides much less protection than you think it does.

This is the principle of Least Privilege.  Programs should run at the lowest privilege level necessary to accomplish their purpose.  Nothing should run as Administrator unless that is absolutely necessary, usually only when making changes to the system itself.  You don't want games running as Admin, and you definitely don't want modding tools running that way.  All the advice about running MO2, and any tools run through it, as Admin is BAD advice, written by people who don't understand directory permissions, and who don't understand you can fix the problem by simply moving your game to a different location with USER level permissions instead of Admin.

Thats alot to take in, thank you for the information!

16 hours ago, LittleScrapper said:

Thats alot to take in, thank you for the information!

Least Privilege is a cornerstone of cybersecurity.  You want everything to operate at the lowest permission level possible for it to do its job.  The old "oh, you need to run that as admin" is bad advice.  Someone tells you "you need to run my tool as admin", what they are really saying is "you need to give my tool access to every single process on your system."  They say that, start looking for ransomware or crypto miners.