Lovers Animations Workshop - New Thread

Guys, lets not go down the philosophy track.  We did this once and other than hurt feelings, nothing else was accomplished.  I don't intend to force folks into things with a my way or the highway attitude.  Certain changes I am more than flexible on and others just can't be done without a long delay, which no one wants. 

I am trying to do the best my limited skills\time allow, to plow through this project and get a playable set of animations for the animated penis.  While I can't make everyone 100% happy (who can?), I am pretty sure that all would agree that overall this is an improved animation set.

I am off to cut a chunk of meat off the cow for dinner.  To illustrate how strange I am, I think I enjoy steak more than sex...... :P

I'll check on the twitch deal.  27 and 28 are indeed the same, however 26 is a completely different animation.

Its 27, 28 and 36 are the ones that have the offender leg twitch issue... not 26.

Thanks for the kind words.   ;)

Ok, here is 34 almost wrapped up (stage 1 is in post 43):

stage 2: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7735/Oblivion-LPK-animation

stage 3: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7736/Oblivion-LPK-animation

I'll probably just have the orgasm be a slowed down version of stage 3. 

On to animation 35.   :s

Edit:  Alternate 34 stage 2:  http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7737/Oblivion-LPK-animation

See if you like this a little better as moves the hands so it is not just a sped up version of stage 1 - let me know your thoughts.

I think 34 looks great. As for the alternate stage 2... I like it more than the original.

@garcemac

/flame mode on (sorry you caught me in a bad mood and I'm going to vent on you)

I keep arguing this with people... It is my opinion that the animations should be done right the first time so greg doesn't HAVE to go back and edit them for months on end after he "finishes" them. He can just be done with them and move on to different projects.

My father always told me that you should do something right or not do it at all, and as cliche as that sounds I think it is a good piece of wisdom that applies to this situation. Going on a long winded rant showering praise on greg isn't going to make the animations come out any faster, nor is decrying the testers as some sort of whiners.

You are acting like we are purposely trying to slow greg down and stop him from finishing... we aren't. Our objective is to offer suggestions on how to make the content that greg has already released BETTER. It is up to greg whether or not he listens to us, (and he hasn't on certain occasions because it would take too long/be too monotonous to fix).

I agree the alternate version of stage 2 animation 34 as it would give more variety. I gives a good sense of 'progression'.

Guys, lets not go down the philosophy track.  We did this once and other than hurt feelings, nothing else was accomplished.  I don't intend to force folks into things with a my way or the highway attitude.  Certain changes I am more than flexible on and others just can't be done without a long delay, which no one wants. 

I am trying to do the best my limited skills\time allow, to plow through this project and get a playable set of animations for the animated penis.  While I can't make everyone 100% happy (who can?), I am pretty sure that all would agree that overall this is an improved animation set.

I am off to cut a chunk of meat off the cow for dinner.  To illustrate how strange I am, I think I enjoy steak more than sex...... :P

I wasn't directing any of my tirade at you greg... but for what it is worth I apologize for being snippy.

My feelings can't be hurt over a game, so everything is cool. I am just happy that GregAtHit is fixing the animations. But no matter what has happened so far in this thread, he is STILL going to go back and spend many, many hours tweaking the animations to (as close to) perfection as the game engine allows long after he has completed this round of tweaks and fixes.

Legit1337, I know you are providing GregAtHit with invaluable feedback as he proceeds with this project. I also know that he will be going back and tweaking and fiddling with things over time. I WOULD provide feedback, but I generally prefer my toons to have smaller breasts, so nothing in the new animations really lines up for me. Having said THAT, the new animation tweaks and the new animated penis are so much better than the old animations that I am simply greedy for MORE! 

Maybe one day a system will be devised that allows the animations to morph to suit both C-Cup and Mega Oppai.

And I was NOT saying "no no no! ignore him" at all. You are wrong. You are too sensitive, and I am nowhere near willing to apologize for my comments. I would rather that GregAtHit finish the project than have him worry about whether a thumb clips through an H-Cup or larger breast. Besides that, your use of the word "WE" in your "tirade" is more than a little pretentious. With all due respect to your father, [cliche]Rome wasn't built in a day. [/cliche]

My main point is that a lot of modders need to go back and spend a few minutes (or hours) updating their old mods to the new animations. I KNOW from reading his posts that Galgat does not care whether an animation "clips" a bit - he is wondering why the new animation project broke mods that he spent 100s of hours of creating. The sooner that GregAtHit completes this project, the sooner that a huge number of Lover's mods can be brought up to date. The new animations break a large number of Lover's mods to the point of making them useless. True Crime - one of my favourites - is almost totally unplayable. These mods need to be fixed ASAP. And without a completed animation project, they cannot be fixed. True Crime, Lover's Prostitute, Lover's Hooker, all of Galgat's mods, and many more Lover's mods need to be updated with the new animation numbers. I have fixed this in my own game by creating a "catch-all" esp - but this is not a viable solution for anyone who's mod selection differs from my own.

"WE" - as in everybody who downloads the new animation packages and uses the old mods (many of which GregAtHit recently updated to work with LPK 96) - patiently await the rough completion of this brilliant project so that "WE" can actually enjoy the new animations in existing Lover's with PK mods. I.E.; In Gabrael's brilliant Lover's Hooker, "Eat My Pussy" now returns a cowgirl animation.  WTF? If I had just downloaded and installed Lover's w/pk I would probably be un-installing it. Or bitching about it here. Most people will NOT bitch here, though. They will just give up. In True Crime EX, half of the animation numbers do not even exist anymore - so both offender and defender just stand there... doing nothing....

New people will download the newest recommended animation package (as they should), and then they will download a bunch of incompatible mods. 99% of them will just say "Fuck it" and move on to something else when it doesn't work.

This project needs to be completed so that existing mods can be brought up to date. I do not give one shit about a hand clipping through a massive tit, nor do I care about the odd "crazy feet". What I WANT to do is to be able to play Oblivion as a whore (Lover's Hooker), live a life of crime (True Crime Ex), relieve my stress after a long day of closing Oblivion Gates (Lover's Prostitute), and experience the worlds that Galgat has created.

None of this is possible until GregAtHit finishes this project and the aforementioned mods are updated. Lover's With PK is almost unplayable right now. Very few mods return the proper animations.

This project needs to be completed, a huge number of Lover's mods need to be updated (and I am thinking that most of the modders have just thrown their hands up in the air and given up). And who gives a shit if a hand clips through a tit when a bandit who tries to rape you on the road just stands there because the animation no longer exists?

In summation, it is of the utmost importance that GregAtHit finishes this project so that existing mods can be brought up to date with the latest animations. I sincerely doubt that any of the original modders are willing to re-do their work, so we all know that GregAtHit is going to be the ONLY person who will fix the old mods to work with the new animations.

Clipping hands and happy feet are irrelevant when a large number of Lover's mods lie broken because they call for animations that no longer exist. Maybe instead of getting irate you could start fixing these mods to match the new animations. No? That's ok. Greg will do it for you.

Great work on the anims. I do have one request though if it wouldn't be too hard to implement. A number of anims that used to adjust in and out now seem to adjust side to side instead. I've never had much problem with aligning side to side and as established in the animated penis thread the current versions of PK do support multiple height adjustments, it will keep the 1.0 vs 1.0 animations as set and store additional 1.0 vs 0.95 or other height combinations as well. That was demonstrated in the thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17946-lovers-animated-penis-resource-pack/

With everyone the same size no problem, but with the new ability to save multiple adjustments for multiple size variations the side to side instead of in and out adjustment too often leaves us perfectly centered, but poking a hole in thin air instead of a person. Amusing perhaps but not highly productive ;) Getting the in and out adjustments back would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Great work on the anims. I do have one request though if it wouldn't be too hard to implement. A number of anims that used to adjust in and out now seem to adjust side to side instead. I've never had much problem with aligning side to side and as established in the animated penis thread the current versions of PK do support multiple height adjustments, it will keep the 1.0 vs 1.0 animations as set and store additional 1.0 vs 0.95 or other height combinations as well. That was demonstrated in the thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17946-lovers-animated-penis-resource-pack/

With everyone the same size no problem, but with the new ability to save multiple adjustments for multiple size variations the side to side instead of in and out adjustment too often leaves us perfectly centered, but poking a hole in thin air instead of a person. Amusing perhaps but not highly productive ;) Getting the in and out adjustments back would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The side to side is a bug that comes from animations created with 3dsmax.  We call it the 90 degree bug.  I can fix this issue with blender.  I am trying to spot and fix these as I go but some might slip through.  If you notice any in the updates I have done, then holler at me with the animation numbers and I will fix them.

If it is animations I have not updated (group 2 and group 4) then I will tackle them when I get to that group.  There are a few animations of Northern's that I can not seem to load into blender, so those will remain bugged.

Guest ThatOne

Sorry, garcemac, but... I think you are wrong. You're assuming that people install the new animations greg posts without installing the main package beforehand, which is a mistake. You need to overwrite the old with the new.

Now, about animations that don't fit the situation... I couldn't care less. I honestly, really and truthfully couldn't care less if some conversation line returns a mismatching animation type, as long as the animation aligns correctly and runs properly.

Want to correct it for your game? Please go right ahead. Nobody is stopping you. This takes MINIMAL effort on ONE user's side to go to whichever esp it is and change the numbers. Once a user changed the numbers, he could upload the new esp. There is no need for a "catch-all".

The esps are working fine. They are not broken by Rev96, and if you will say that one of them is I will go and check it myself, correcting whichever script it is that's broken so that you can enjoy it, even if you are somehow the only person in the world using it (assuming it is the latest version of the plugin, and that it is published here, of course).

Most people on this forum like at least an E-cup, if not DMRA (the standard as greg wrote in post one of this thread, and also of the last one is either HGEC H-cup or DMRA). If a hand clips, it's annoying. It should be fixed, because it takes minutes to do it. If a hand or foot wobbles, it's more than just "annoying".

The difference between an animation with proper BBB, minimal to no clipping and no wobbling feet or hands is the difference between a guy who just started animating and says "Well, it's good enough for me" and an actual animator.

Also, saying that you use smaller breasted characters, with which the animations do not cause clipping, then saying you don't care if a thumb clips with larger breasted characters (who many use) is just... How to put it lightly? Greedy. The fact it works perfectly for you doesn't mean others should stay with imperfections so that you can enjoy more animations faster. Have a little patience, please.

And, proof that you actually said it: (post #46)

No! No! No! No! Stay the course, GregatHit. Complete your animations, and fine tune them when you feel that you have completed all that you can do.

That's it for the rant.

Side note to whoever cares, the animation I was requested to create now has three out of four stages complete. Still no actual ETA as I will be unable to animate in the coming days, but it is coming.

My animation has no such bugs.
I just do not use Bip01, in general.

The side to side is a bug that comes from animations created with 3dsmax.  We call it the 90 degree bug.  I can fix this issue with blender.  I am trying to spot and fix these as I go but some might slip through.  If you notice any in the updates I have done, then holler at me with the animation numbers and I will fix them.

My animation has no such bugs.

I just do not use Bip01, in general.

Exactly.   ;)  

The bug comes shows up when the bip01 and NonAccum face 90 degrees from one another. 

Most of Grumpf's and some of Northern's have this issue.  It is fairly easy to fix, but even being easy takes around an hour to do all four stages and export the corrections.

Actually vanilla animations has this 90 degrees bug too try importing vanilla idle and you will see the bip01 and bip01NonAcuum 90 degrees facing the other way.

But i think it gets confusing when you import 2 animations from within the same blend file. I sometime make this mistake myself. so i have to select everything minus bip01 and rotate in right position. or else when you see the animation in game one is facing correctly while the second one is facing in a completely opposite directions it was suppose to face, So they made that ini edit to switch one of the position with the 180 degrees rotation.

I think this made some animators sloppy since they won't have to worry anymore to correct this part. So they just use the ini in stead of blender to fix it.

Actually vanilla animations has this 90 degrees bug too try importing vanilla idle and you will see the bip01 and bip01NonAcuum 90 degrees facing the other way.

But i think it gets confusing when you import 2 animations from within the same blend file. I sometime make this mistake myself. so i have to select everything minus bip01 and rotate in right position. or else when you see the animation in game one is facing correctly while the second one is facing in a completely opposite directions it was suppose to face, So they made that ini edit to switch one of the position with the 180 degrees rotation.

I think this made some animators sloppy since they won't have to worry anymore to correct this part. So they just use the ini in stead of blender to fix it.

There is so much I still don't understand about animating.  :(

What really has me confused is how animators even made some of these animations!  When I import both offense and defense in to blender they are facing wrong directions and at differing heights.  Makes me wonder how they ever created the animation in the first place!  It is TONS easier to fix clipping and other issues when you have the matched up animation in the correct position right there in 1 session of blender. 

Of course the one thing that would completely destroy this is if Acedouble had not make the ini adjustment "set xLoversPkrQuest.xmeRotate180 to 1" possible.  I'd be screwed then!!!!  :P

When Greg is finally done tweaking all these animations, I am going to a very busy boy with all the Daedra Sutra updates I am going to have! 

Eric

:P

Remember that you will need to mark these in some way so folks know they will need to use the Animated Penis Resource Pack and the Animated Penis Base Pack or many of the animations won't look right.  These new animations also have a different ini than the old style and won't be compatible.  This can be manually changed to be compatible by changing the chinupo setting to either 0, 1 or 2.

There is so much I still don't understand about animating.  :(

What really has me confused is how animators even made some of these animations!  When I import both offense and defense in to blender they are facing wrong directions and at differing heights.  Makes me wonder how they ever created the animation in the first place!  It is TONS easier to fix clipping and other issues when you have the matched up animation in the correct position right there in 1 session of blender. 

Of course the one thing that would completely destroy this is if Acedouble had not make the ini adjustment "set xLoversPkrQuest.xmeRotate180 to 1" possible.  I'd be screwed then!!!!  :P

How are you importing the animations ?? The way i do it, is just use create 1 blend file and name it something with prefix off this will be used for offense_xx.blend import oblivion or new vegas skeleton and animation attached to it import all related meshes. then do the same for defense and name def_xx.blend. save both blend files.

Start up offense blend hit shift F1 and locate where def_xx.blend file is and import all the animation Scene Root and meshes related to this defense blend then grab all imported meshes related to def. And parent the defense meshes to correct scene root so it moves right with defense animations skeleton. blender short cut is ctrl + p and un-parent is alt +p

If the 1 animation is in opposite location select bip01 and rotate that 180 degrees so it faces the right position where it should be pointing for that animation. As long as you don't change bip01NonAccuum it should be fine.

New vegas is a bit strange to animate. it seem one animation needs to have bip01NonAccuum to 90 degrees and the other should be bip01NonAccuum set to minus 90 degrees in order to work right in game. the 90 degrees and -90 degrees is what tells the animation to face forward or backwards in game.

Never use the import script to import 2 skeleton in the same blend file this will screw up everything when you are finished and try to export these animations again. Shift+ F1 append functions is the only safe way to do it.

Update 6 - Patch 2 is up in post 1.

It includes:

1. Attempted offense foot corrections to 27, 28, 36

2. Animations 30 and 34.

Animation 30 - Looks very good, but all stages appear to be the same speed, an increase in speed in stages 2 and 3 would increase the sense of 'lust'. BBB would also need to be toned up to match speeded up status.

Stages 2 + 3 of 34 could also be speeded up just a little bit relative to stage 1 of animation 34, again just to give a feeling of mounting excitement. I can't see any foot wobbling at all.

Apart from that, everything looks perfect. :)

How are you importing the animations ?? The way i do it, is just use create 1 blend file and name it something with prefix off this will be used for offense_xx.blend import oblivion or new vegas skeleton and animation attached to it import all related meshes. then do the same for defense and name def_xx.blend. save both blend files.

Start up offense blend hit shift F1 and locate where def_xx.blend file is and import all the animation Scene Root and meshes related to this defense blend then grab all imported meshes related to def. And parent the defense meshes to correct scene root so it moves right with defense animations skeleton. blender short cut is ctrl + p and un-parent is alt +p

If the 1 animation is in opposite location select bip01 and rotate that 180 degrees so it faces the right position where it should be pointing for that animation. As long as you don't change bip01NonAccuum it should be fine.

Never use the import script to import 2 skeleton in the same blend file this will screw up everything when you are finished and try to export these animations again. Shift+ F1 append functions is the only safe way to do it.

Actually I start with two meshes (male fully body and female futa full body) that have no skeleton, then click on the male mesh and import the skeleton plus the offensive animation, once that loads up, then I click on the female mesh and import the skeleton plus the defensive animation.  I have not yet had that fail me.  Then I manipulate both off and def to remove clipping and change anything I feel like I need to.  I then save that blend file (so I can quickly return to it and fix anything I miss while testing it in game) and one at a time I click the skeleton in object mode and export it.

I have done all of group 1, 3, and 0 this way.  I have never had an animation fail to export or be screwed up when I did.  Either I am just lucky or this way works.

I'll certainly give your way a shot, but the thing I like about the way I am doing it is I am mostly eliminating all of the adjustments from the ini file.  For Imperial race male on Imperial race female sex they are perfectly aligned with the xymov, xaddz and zaddz  all at 0 or close to that.  :)

This only applies to 2 different skeletons. Not sure about oblivion but new vegas skeleton of female is different then male.  The last skeleton you import will override everything from first skeleton you imported.

This will be noticeable when you decide to do some creature animations, then your method will no longer work right.

The reason why it worked for you in this case is because both males and females uses the exact same skeleton. If either one was different or contained bones the other didn't like is the case with new vegas, the meshes will be mangled when viewing in game.

This only applies to 2 different skeletons. Not sure about oblivion but new vegas skeleton of female is different then male.  The last skeleton you import will override everything from first skeleton you imported.

This will be noticeable when you decide to do some creature animations, then your method will no longer work right.

The reason why it worked for you in this case is because both males and females uses the exact same skeleton. If either one was different or contained bones the other didn't like is the case with new vegas, the meshes will be mangled when viewing in game.

Ahhhh!!!  Ok.  That makes perfect sense.  I need to use your method then when I finish the human animations overhaul and move to the creatures one.  Excellent!!!  That should save me a bunch of hair pulling!!!!  Thanks!!!!  :)

Preview of animation 35 stage one (early WIP): http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7744/Oblivion-LPK-animation

Animation 30 - Looks very good, but all stages appear to be the same speed, an increase in speed in stages 2 and 3 would increase the sense of 'lust'. BBB would also need to be toned up to match speeded up status.

Stages 2 + 3 of 34 could also be speeded up just a little bit relative to stage 1 of animation 34, again just to give a feeling of mounting excitement. I can't see any foot wobbling at all.

Apart from that, everything looks perfect. :)

When I am finished with animation 35, I'll make a small speed adjustment to each stage of 30 and 34 to see if you guys like that better.

Patch 3 uploaded to post 4.

It includes the final animation in the cowgirl group (group 0) - I kinda ran out of Inspirado on this one.  I put it off until last knowing that I didn't have any ideas for it and then there was only it left...........so sometimes you have to manufacture Inspirado:

LOL!!!  :P

Here is animation 34 in game:  http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7745/Oblivion-LPK-animation

Update 6 (group 0) has now been upgraded to beta 1 state, since all animations have been added.  I have corrected all known bugs at this point so please holler if you find any new ones.  The beta 1 version contains all 3 patches.

Looks good so far!  The hand over the mouth is p. great.  If you're planning to work on it more, then I have a few crits if it's cool.  

1.  In stage 1, the defender's left hand moves up to the face directly, from the belly in stage 0.  Somehow this transition looks a little abrupt.  Maybe you could put the hand over mouth in stage 2, and have the defender curl their hand under their chin or collarbone in stage 1.

2.  The way the defender's elbow is sticking straight up into the air during stage 1 looks odd with the head pointed straight forward.  Maybe tilt the head back, like the defender's really feeling it?  Or maybe tuck it down into the chest?  But definitely keep the stifling moan gesture, it's good.

3.  The defender looks a little calm in the last stage, with both hands on the thighs.  Maybe put the defender's hands behind the offender's head?  Or follow my suggestion in point 1.

One thing I like about this animation is that it seems designed to avoid clipping under any circumstance.  That said, a little more character would really make it!  Hope none of this is unwelcome.

Actually, I did the same correction to stage 3 as I did to 0, 1 and 2, the only difference is the toe wiggle, which seems to mask what movement I couldn't get rid of.  I'll try wiggling the entire foot a bit to see if that makes it look a little better.  I didn't do the toe wiggle for stage 3 only because the toes were wiggling so fast it looked like the offender was having a seizure.  :P

I'll try one more time but if that doesn't get it then it will just have to stand as is.  The right way to do it is to rig it up and use a constraint.  I have not had time to figure out how to rig or to do constraints and frankly the week or 2 it would take to figure it out is something I really don't want to mess with right now. 

@Kissinger - I don't mind feedback at all.  Right now I am not worrying overmuch on things like transitions.  I have too many animations to fix and not enough time to do it.  There are quite a lot of snap transitions in these animations and making the transitions smooth (or smoother) is way down on the priority list.  When I finish updating all animations and have a bit of a break, I'll return and revisit stuff like this.

Cheers,

Greg

Try this alternate for 36 stage 3 and see if it masks the twitching enough for it to passable: Removed and included in Beta 2 version in OP.

If it does the trick I'll make one for 27 and 28 as well.

@greg

Yes, your changes make the movements seem much more natural.

EDIT: Encountered a problem I missed. Anim 30, phase 3, the defender's hand currently clips with the (DMRA) boob on offender. If I may make a suggestion, instead of fiddling with the hand trying to get it to fit, put it in a neutral position like the ground or on the defender's own thigh. Would save you time and make the anim compatible with more breast sizes. Win for everyone.