Extremely low fps during AAF scenes...suspecting physics... but unsure

Been having some rather annoying instances where my framerate would drop from 60+ to sub 10 fps, only during aaf scenes. I'm currently using ocbpc but I've tried the version without collision spheres as well and I'm experiencing the same issue. My set up for males is bodytalk as well as zex skeleton, for females I have cbbe 3bbb with knee fix skeleton and discrete female skeleton. Any help or insight into this is appreciated. 

2 hours ago, V3rni3r said:

Been having some rather annoying instances where my framerate would drop from 60+ to sub 10 fps, only during aaf scenes. I'm currently using ocbpc but I've tried the version without collision spheres as well and I'm experiencing the same issue. My set up for males is bodytalk as well as zex skeleton, for females I have cbbe 3bbb with knee fix skeleton and discrete female skeleton. Any help or insight into this is appreciated. 

What mean you are unsure? Disablephysics and test, if not - disable more mods and test again

3 hours ago, V3rni3r said:

You'll find you can't reliably use the Zex skeleton and the knee fix skeleton at the same time, the animations REQUIRE the Zex skeleton and the Knee fix skeleton will interfere. Try removing the knee fix skeleton and I think you'll find your problem goes away. You'll have to deal with the knee problem until the Zex skeleton incorporates a knee fix ( if it ever does)

Yeah its funny how just writing out what was I was experiencing allowed me to see my own mistake and really take time to do some testing. My framerate was dropping inconsistently but it seemed like most animations were affected, putting two and two together, only then did I soon realize it was the animation patcher I was using. The AAF scenes that aren't affected by the patch seem fine, the problem was probably me stubbornly not fully following the full instructions for UAP Patch, namely I'm suspecting the UI additions requiring specific configuration in Buffout granted I need to test more to be sure. (Haven't modded Fallout in a little while and was updating my mod list, so I missed it).   

But yeah ultimately remove mods and test again is the way to go for most problems in general.  

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I have noticed that this issue would crop up once in a while even after triple checking all the appropriate settings were configured correctly and reinstalling the Microsoft VC redistributions. The game loads pretty quickly on my system so I will be acting on that suggestion. Really enjoy the patch, also might be worth noting this known issue and solution on the main page as well. I tried looking around for this problem and I couldn't find discussion about it anywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, Ulfberto said:

@V3rni3r its a known issue when positionTrees are started with an NPCControlled aaf scene. Theres no fix for that yet.

One thing you can do to prevent from happening is reload your save game after the first save load.

Ahh so that's why! I've first seen the problem with leito animations and even when I've removed leito BP70's animations still cause the lag. Finally understood why after so long

I kept thinking that there was something wrong with my AAF installation or textures but at least I have an answer why this is occuring now. Hopefully it can be fixed in the future

Edited by ravaner
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, unclejones said:

having same issue has anyone found fix

Have you tried the work around mentioned in the previous post of loading the save game, and then loading that save again?

I think doing that helps.

18 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Have you tried the work around mentioned in the previous post of loading the save game, and then loading that save again?

I think doing that helps.

Yeah I tried, it hasn't been working for me. For what it's worth I've also using CBBE but with just zex skeleton and OCBPC

Edited by unclejones
more information
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, skybird said:

I have same issue (not often). Usually during group animations. In that case i click quicky 2x END on my keyboard to stop the animation and it always fix the fps drop.

Edit: typo

Please try updating to the newest version of UAP (v2.6.60-1) which was updated just a few hours ago and contains a fix for the FPS loss during certain animations,  I've been testing this fix for a couple weeks and the FPS loss is gone as far as I can tell.

20 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Please try updating to the newest version of UAP (v2.6.60-1) which was updated just a few hours ago and contains a fix for the FPS loss during certain animations,  I've been testing this fix for a couple weeks and the FPS loss is gone as far as I can tell.

Piggybacking but the changelog for UAP:

v2.6.60-1
- removed furnitureData xml from crazy gun cus theres no reason for that shit to be there
- fixed issue with Gen2 synths equipping AM2 nudesuits
- Fixed issue with positionTrees taking too long to finish
- Changed the isExit positionID to Ending just for better understanding of whats going on with the AAF.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone else still experience this even with the new UAP?  It's only a couple of specific animations that seem to do it on my system, unfortunately I'm not exactly sure which ones as it seems to happen most frequently when it's NPCs who are in the animations, sometimes out of sight.  The framerate reduction for me usually lasts for about 30 - 45 seconds, typically resolving just before the animations end.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:07 PM, nunyabidnez said:

Does anyone else still experience this even with the new UAP?  It's only a couple of specific animations that seem to do it on my system, unfortunately I'm not exactly sure which ones as it seems to happen most frequently when it's NPCs who are in the animations, sometimes out of sight.  The framerate reduction for me usually lasts for about 30 - 45 seconds, typically resolving just before the animations end.

If you are using Vortex, maybe it left some files behind when uninstalling the old UAP.  We haven't had anyone with this issue drop by the AAF server and tell us they were still getting animation lag since that fix was developed.  You can try using DCU on Moddingham, but first hit the Purge button in Vortex, then DCU, then Verify files in Steam, make sure F4SE is still installed, Run GFV to check it, and try again.  If you need further support, please stop by the AAF discord.  The invite link is in The Fucking Manual.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

If you are using Vortex, maybe it left some files behind when uninstalling the old UAP.  We haven't had anyone with this issue drop by the AAF server and tell us they were still getting animation lag since that fix was developed.  You can try using DCU on Moddingham, but first hit the Purge button in Vortex, then DCU, then Verify files in Steam, make sure F4SE is still installed, Run GFV to check it, and try again.  If you need further support, please stop by the AAF discord.  The invite link is in The Fucking Manual.

Nope, MO2, and to the best of my knowledge I've never had a previous version of UAP installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I know that this thread is somewhat old but: AAF uses the same button to start animations like enb uses to cap fps. So if you have an ENB, try to start the animation and you get low fps you could also check your enblocal.ini if you have a fps cap in there:

FPSLimit=10.0 or something. Looks like an AAF problem but is not. Took me two days to figure that one out. :)

Edited by Meganarf