alternative to playback videos

Hi :)

would it be possible to integrate a video codec + playback with SKSE?

for example h264, h265 or any codec that provides a really good quality.

or any alternative to playback video files

the bink 1 codec that Skyrim is using is just horrible, even with a lossless source material it looks horrible.

Edited by overdev93
  • overdev93 changed the title to alternative to playback videos
3 hours ago, overdev93 said:

Hi :)

would it be possible to integrate a video codec + playback with SKSE?

for example h264, h265 or any codec that provides a really good quality.

or any alternative to playback video files

the bink 1 codec that Skyrim is using is just horrible, even with a lossless source material it looks horrible.

What videos? is there a native video generator that ships with Skyrim, of which I am (clearly and if so, cluelessly) unaware?

3 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

What videos? is there a native video generator that ships with Skyrim, of which I am (clearly and if so, cluelessly) unaware?

Pass on how they made it but yeah you can have skyrim play a video, if you check \steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Video you can see them but you'd prolly need Beyond Reach or Falskaar installed to have something beyond the skyrim intro logo in that folder

Edited by pinky6225
35 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Pass on how they made it but yeah you can have skyrim play a video, if you check \steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Video you can see them but you'd prolly need Beyond Reach or Falskaar installed to have something beyond the skyrim intro logo in that folder

Ah, so it doesn't *output video, it plays it. I see. (yes I have beyond reach, so there's an ArnimaOutro.bik in the folder)

thanks.