{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I've tried to use the skeleton included with the Options pack to change the rest of my skyrim races since it was the only one I could find that had a slightly larger scaled head, but the HDT portion of it doesn't work. Breasts aren't bouncing at all. 

Any idea what could've gone wrong?

If you want to use those skeletons then try a different (T)BBP or HDT body and make sure the animation files from the skeleton pack are also installed.

You can also try the latest XMPS Extended, but I'm not sure if the head scaling by default is slightly larger.  I'm guessing you like how the NPCs look when using the skeletons from the options pack because head scaling can be done in showracemenu for the playable character.

Heya, I'm having a bit of a problem with the UNP body of this mod, cbbe version works fine.

So I reinstalled my game with no mods other than the ones necessary, but the problem still persists.

With standard .5 weight it looks decent enough, but I'd rather have a flat chest, and also, the waist is very thin, so I increased the Waist Size and lowered the weight and, well, there's some terrible deforming now, look at attachments.

I've tried it without XPMSE, with XPMSE and HDT, and XPMSE non-HDT, by just turning it on / off in NMM installation.

But it looks the same nonetheless.

Thanks in advance.

post-132600-0-05500700-1418290100_thumb.jpg

post-132600-0-76837900-1418290100_thumb.jpg

post-132600-0-33369700-1418290101_thumb.jpg

post-132600-0-22112600-1418290102_thumb.jpg

post-132600-0-92316300-1418290102_thumb.jpg

Unified UNP is a UNP bodyslide system (shapekeys, presets, configurations, etc.) that creates meshes with higher vertices (from what is tauted in the main post).  This should reduce, if not eliminate, the body deformities.

If you can use Bodyslide 2 then you can use Unified UNP.

Edited by PsychoMachina

Unified UNP is a UNP bodyslide system (shapekeys, presets, configurations, etc.) that creates meshes with higher vertices (from what is tauted in the main post).  This should reduce, if not eliminate, the body deformities.

If you can use Bodyslide 2 then you can use Unified UNP.

I'll give it a try, thanks !

OOPS!

Forgot the link.

Unified UNP

Alright thanks, so as it turns out I'm having another problem..

Using the UNP body now, and I'm getting a weird seam on the nose, not sure if it only occured recently, or whether it was always there but I just didn't mention it, though that's hard to believe. Whatever the case, tried to reinstall ECE / CME and Monli Race, and I tried different textures to no avail.

Any idea what could be causing it, or how to fix it ? Sorry for bothering once again..

post-132600-0-34394900-1418329635_thumb.jpg

Are you referring to the demarcation running across the nose tip?

It's either the textures, more specifically the subsurface textures (femalehead_sk.dds) or head mesh.

You can use a different UNP texture set (not from the Monli texture set) and see if that fixed it or, from the alt UNP texture set, simply copy the 'Femalehead_sk.dds' + 'Femalebody_1_sk.dds' + 'Femalehands_1_sk.dds' and paste them in the Monli's texture folder overwriting the original files.

If it's the mesh, you can try changing the strength of the head mesh's emittance.  The emittance strength changes how much the mesh emits light internally (think of "glow").  This is done with Nifscope.

Caveat:  You might need to do the same with the body / hands / feet meshes to prevent seams.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, you've helped me not too long ago on water texture. ^^ The race works great, but seems to not be compatible with Fair Skin Complexion UNP? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?Took a long time to figure out what was causing the issue because no conflicts are listed. I'm using MO. Is there any way to make these work together? Idk if it's worth noting but Fair skin used a NMM installer, so it didn't go into the Sevenbase folder that I use. Results of using both are terrifying. I put monli race after the Fair Skin, but since there are no overwrites, it didn't seem to make any difference. Just wondering if these are compatible?

EDIT: Managed to sort of get it to work by just copying the textures to Sevenbase and not the meshes. I'm not sure what I've lost by doing that, seems there was a mouth folder that caused the game to crash if I pasted that one in, but so far it's okay. Nope, more crashes.

post-624221-0-74927000-1420606200_thumb.png

Greetings rspkers,

The Monli uses their own meshes and texture folders.

MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > MONLI

TEXTURES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > MONLI > FEMALE

You will need to copy the body replacer meshes to the Monli's MESHES folder and the Fairskin textures to the Monli FEMALE folder.  If installing the XPMS Extended, you will also need to copy 'skeleton_female.nif' and 'skeleton.nif' (if you wish to play as male Monli, other than that, changing 'skeleton.nif' is optional) to this folder,

I don't know what to say about the face you posted, but try what I advised.  If that did not fix it, the problem lies elsewhere.

Greetings rspkers,

The Monli uses their own meshes and texture folders.

TEXTURES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > MONLI > FEMALE

You will need to copy the body replacer meshes to the Monli's MESHES folder and the Fairskin textures to the Monli FEMALE folder.  If installing the XPMS Extended, you will also need to copy 'skeleton_female.nif' and 'skeleton.nif' (if you wish to play as male Monli, other than that, changing 'skeleton.nif' is optional) to this folder,

I don't know what to say about the face you posted, but try what I advised.  If that did not fix it, the problem lies elsewhere.

I figured out the problem. Idk why I didn't consider it since it should have been obvious, but Citrus Head is the culprit. Didn't notice Citrus head isn't compatible with custom races that use their own head morph. (Would explain why all male characters stopped doing a talking animation too) It's too bad, I liked how smooth the citrus head was. :(

Have your tried Citrus with RaceMenu only?  You'll need to swap the Monli head mesh and head/race/face morphs with Citrus and replace ECE with RaceMenu.

I actually use only RM now since v3 came out. I switched from the replacer version of Citrus for the standalone and this solved the issue somehow. I don't understand why it solved the issue, but it did.Thanks for the help again. :)

There are no male Elins.  Their male counterparts are Poporis.  What you currently see for the male gender is only a placeholder.  There is no incentive to make a 'male' Elin since the only difference is that NPCs will refer to them according to their gender; everything else will be the same.

Monlis are different in that they are an elven race so there would be playable male and female options.