hey i am a total noob at modding and came back after quite a while and started on modding my SSE, downgraded it with unofficial SSE downgrader patcher (best of both worlds option which downgrades the exe but keeps the new stuff (also checked previously with the normal option which downgrades everything but it didnt help)) on nexus and installed the SKSE version for SE but it instantly crashes as soon as i start it, the command windows pops up for a split second and instantly closes, checked it without mods and it worked fine, also launches via steam (with a ton of broken stuff since i am missing SKSE of course). no clue how to troubleshoot it since i am stupid and added all the mods at once.

load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl
ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Expressive Facegen Morphs.esl
High Poly Head.esm
FlowerGirls SE.esm
OSA.esm
KozakowyMDPOutfit.esl
iWant Widgets.esl
SkyUI_SE.esp
UIExtensions.esp
AddItemMenuSE.esp
BDOR Armor collection by team tal.esp
DM BDOR Pack by Team TAL.esp
DM BDOR Eclipse by Team TAL.esp
Clothes Pack 4 by DonEb14n.esp
DM BDOR Berserk by Team TAL.esp
evangeline.esp
FayeFG.esp
Dark Dreams.esp
Dark Souls Item Pack by Team TAL.esp
ExcitableSubsOStim.esp
High Poly Pretty Face and Darker Brows Stand Alone.esp
FacelightPlus.esp
Tongues.esp
OninusLactis.esp
MikanEyes All in one SE.esp
OAhegao.esp
OCum.esp
OPrivacy.esp
OHeels.esp
OStim.esp
ORomance.esp
OSearch.esp
OVirginity.esp
Ovoice.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Realistic Natural Skin Tones.esp
Ryoko the Half Dragon.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
TMSG21.esp
[Myst]WonderlandLingerie.esp
XPMSE.esp
BHUNP3BBB.esp
RaceMenuMorphsBHUNP.esp
FNIS.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp      

First up: newest USSEP does not support old SE version, only AE. The pre-AE version has been taken down and if you didn't get it before that, youre out of luck.

Second: make sure you have the right SKSE version. 2.0.20 is for SE, 2.1.3 is for AE but it is still preliminary build and most stuff will probably not work. I have no idea how 2.1.3 works with a hybrid install such as yours that has been downgraded form AE, but retianed the new CC content. I presume you have to decide on either one or the other, you can't have the cake and eat it.

Edited by belegost
4 minutes ago, DamnedGuy said:

ah didnt know i needed the old USSEP version

It says that it only supports the newest Skyrim version in big red letters on it's mod page. It's literally the first thing you see when you read the description, you have to be blind or something to miss it....

Edited by belegost
2 minutes ago, belegost said:

It says that it needs the newest Skyrim version in big red letters on it's mod page. It's literally the first thing you see when you read the description, you have to be blind or something to miss it....

Strange to assume that people read descriptions.. It's the Age of "I fuck up and ask questions later" ?

2 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Strange to assume that people read descriptions.. It's the Age of "I fuck up and ask questions later" ?

Yes, but you know... BIG RED LETTERS?

No?

I'll just go away now...

i assumed that most stuff doesnt work with AE, figured that most mods arent updated for it yet (which is wrong and i now know) and installed USSEP as part of a mod requirement, didnt know about the incompatibility but should definitely have read the mod description

6 minutes ago, DamnedGuy said:

i assumed that most stuff doesnt work with AE, figured that most mods arent updated for it yet (which is wrong and i now know) and installed USSEP as part of a mod requirement, didnt know about the incompatibility but should definitely have read the mod description

You should ALWAYS read the description, then see if there are any pinned comments in the comment section that may contain additional information, then, if the author put it up, read the "Changelog" drop down on the main Description page, and ONLY THEN proceed to download and install. Every single time. In fact, make it a habit.

No exceptions.

Edited by belegost
2 hours ago, belegost said:

First up: newest USSEP does not support old SE version, only AE. The pre-AE version has been taken down and if you didn't get it before that, youre out of luck.

Second: make sure you have the right SKSE version. 2.0.20 is for SE, 2.1.3 is for AE but it is still preliminary build and most stuff will probably not work. I have no idea how 2.1.3 works with a hybrid install such as yours that has been downgraded form AE, but retianed the new CC content. I presume you have to decide on either one or the other, you can't have the cake and eat it.

Per the USSEP Forum on AFK MODS, the latest version of USSEP is backwards compatible for pre-AE version of SSE.