Missing meshes

I know this has been covered a million times before and the solution is to build everything with bodyslide. I have built all meshes in bodyslide a million times already, I am still getting invisible meshes in game. The invisible clothing is any kind of red, blue, whatevercolor ebonite hobble dress extreme open. If i search for these in bodyslide studio they do not come up, therefore i know that they are not installed. I added the red ebonite dress extreme open to my inventory with additemenu and checked its form id, its using a mod index ff. ff is not accessible for the user and is reserved for skyrim.esm. I have tried searching everywhere, that these clothing items might be a part of and I think they are either from devious devices or deviously cursed loot. I built everything from both a thousand time in bodyslide as well as searched intensively in bodyslide, the files in the mod folder as well as the original zip file  for dd and dcl that i downloaded and i cannot find this red ebonite dress or hobble dress or whatever its called. Therefore i know for a fact that these meshes do not exist on my computer. What mod might they be a part of? and how did they make their way into my game? I dont mind keeping them there, but where can i find the mesh/bodyslide files for them? I play on skyrim special edition and my mods are all for SE. Also I use MO2 for my mm.

Here is my load order:

loadorder.txt

PC Specs:

GIGABYTE AORUS 15P YD-74US244SH Laptop

• CPU Type: Intel Core i7 11th Gen
  • CPU Speed: 11800H (2.30GHz)
  • Screen Size: 15.6"
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
  • Video Memory: 16 GB
  • SSD: 1 TB
  • Memory: 32 GB

No I do not know - maybe Devious Devices Expansion. But you can find out for yourself quite easily.
Just equip the armor (or not, it is enough if you have it in your inventory), then enter player.showinventory in the console.
The first two digits of the ID of this armor is its placement in your load order. Simply convert this from hex to decimal.

Edited by Andy14

Thank you very much for detailing that. I hope that this method gives me a different ID. I actually used the additemmenu mod to give the armor to myself from a search (that's why I don't know what mod it came out of). after doing so, i dropped the item on the floor from my inventory, then brought up the console. I clicked on it to target it so i can get the ID. Unfortunately it was an (FF)_16->(255)_10, which to my understanding is a reserved index that is generated in game by skyrim.esm and inaccessible in my load order as, the largest value i can access is (FE)_16->(254)_10. I will try your method and hope that i get some other first 2 digits of the ID that I can access. If i know what mod it is I can see if i actually even have it or I can re-download/reinstall if necessary.

I used your suggestion and I did in fact get a proper index ID. This time it was 1D. In my load order 1D is devious devices expansion, which is exactly as you presumed. Knowing this, I went into bodyslide and searched hobble, dress, and red. I am pasting a screenshot of my search results in bodyslide. Idk why the only these are the only results that exist in my bodyslide for ebonite hobble dress. I should have <color> ebonite hobble dress extreme open, but those are nowhere to be found even though they come from DD expansion as I have proved by finding such evidence in game and cross examining that evidence with my load order. What gives? Any idea?

1332132152_bodyslidess.png.d01c9d07400155260e42fa50745effe9.png

16 hours ago, ShangWang1 said:

I used your suggestion and I did in fact get a proper index ID. This time it was 1D. In my load order 1D is devious devices expansion, which is exactly as you presumed. Knowing this, I went into bodyslide and searched hobble, dress, and red. I am pasting a screenshot of my search results in bodyslide. Idk why the only these are the only results that exist in my bodyslide for ebonite hobble dress. I should have <color> ebonite hobble dress extreme open, but those are nowhere to be found even though they come from DD expansion as I have proved by finding such evidence in game and cross examining that evidence with my load order. What gives? Any idea?

1332132152_bodyslidess.png.d01c9d07400155260e42fa50745effe9.png

As already said, only one mesh is needed. TextureSets are used.
TextureSets are created in the Creation Kit. Then a Mesh / Nif is created as an Armor Addon and a TextureSet is assigned.
The armor is then created with the Armor Addon.

So, only one mesh -> but n texture / color variants.

This is how farmer clothes work, but also races. Elves, humans, orcs - all the same mesh, just different textures.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:30 AM, ShangWang1 said:

The invisible clothing is any kind of red, blue, whatevercolor ebonite hobble dress extreme open.

You could check those if there is a conflict resolution with missing entries for DDx armor addons:

Bashed Patch, 0.esp
SSEEditMergedPatch.esp

If the merged patch is missing an armor addon entry you would get invisible outfits.

My guess would be an unresolved conflict between DDx - BRRF - Devices for him

BRRF and Devices for him need a specific place in LO, just can't remember who is allowed to win

Edited by donttouchmethere
On 11/25/2021 at 3:34 AM, Andy14 said:

As already said, only one mesh is needed. TextureSets are used.
TextureSets are created in the Creation Kit. Then a Mesh / Nif is created as an Armor Addon and a TextureSet is assigned.
The armor is then created with the Armor Addon.

So, only one mesh -> but n texture / color variants.

This is how farmer clothes work, but also races. Elves, humans, orcs - all the same mesh, just different textures.

I was a bit unclear on what you meant at first but this post clarified it further and I think i understand now. Could it be that since ebonite hobble dress mesh exists in bodyslide, that the <color> ebonite hobble dress etreme open, is the same mesh(nif) but different texture? If so, Is it invisible in game because the textures are possibly missing? And if the textures for it are in fact missing, how can I get ck to create them? Is this like the black face bug where you select the actors you want to fix in ck and press ctrl f4  to generate facegendata after properly arranging your load order?

On 11/25/2021 at 7:10 AM, donttouchmethere said:

You could check those if there is a conflict resolution with missing entries for DDx armor addons:

Bashed Patch, 0.esp
SSEEditMergedPatch.esp

If the merged patch is missing an armor addon entry you would get invisible outfits.

My guess would be an unresolved conflict between DDx - BRRF - Devices for him

BRRF and Devices for him need a specific place in LO, just can't remember who is allowed to win

A clever suggestion, however, i scoured xEdit for conflicts and missing overwrites in DD, DCL, Bashed Patch, 0.esp, and SSEEditMergedPatch.esp. There is nothing conflicting with DD and DCL to lose records in any other mod or those patches i made. I even tried disabling the patches and the armors are still invisible in game. In my setup, my patches are not dependent on DD and DCL and therefore, do not modify their respective records, nor do any other mods aside from dd patch. But dd patch just fixes any records that would have been missing from overwrites, and nothing is overwriting dd patch. As for  BRRF, i dont believe i have it , and as for DD for him, the DD patch fixes any missing armor entries.

57 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Would have been too easy ?

Certainly! I was very excited to try your suggestion but sadly, I found no conflict. I suppose the only thing left to try is creating a new profile and running the game with DD and its dependencies only. If that doesn't work, I suppose a DD reinstall is in order. If that doesn't work, then idk, i give up i guess?

Also If i reinstalled DD, would I have to rebuild bodyslides again?

Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not completely sure what exactly fixed it, but I will go through my steps so that others with the same issue may follow. Thinking deeply about what Andy14 mentioned about meshes, nifs, and textures, and after ruling out that a mod conflict was not the culprit (thank you for your tips donttouchmethere), I created a new profile in MO2. I only ran DD and its dependencies along with live another life and additemmenu so i can give myself the affected armors, same problem. I went back into bodyslide and rebuilt the DDX, DDA, and DCL assets for the million and oneth time. However, this time i noticed something. Bodyslide would not build one of the armors. It was called chain harness khajit. I got this error every time but paid no mind. This time i said, you know what? why dont i track it down and disable it. I did just that and rebuilt all armors, went back in game and sure enough all meshes, and textures appeared. I think if there is even a single error when you batch build the entire build fails. That is the best explanation that I have, but if you are down to the same steps as me, pay attention to any errors you get during bs batch builds even if it is only 1, based on what i found, it seems 1 fail will ruin an entire batch build.

Lessons learned: when batch  building in bodyslide, make sure the entire batch builds successfully. I even a single error occurs, fix it and rebuild.

Good to hear. Even if I didn't read it correctly and sent you on the wrong track, it might have been useful in the way that you now know a little more about the "one mesh - but many variants" trick. Good thing that donttouchmethere was more careful when reading. Well then have fun with your BDSM stuff. ?

19 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Good to hear. Even if I didn't read it correctly and sent you on the wrong track, it might have been useful in the way that you now know a little more about the "one mesh - but many variants" trick. Good thing that donttouchmethere was more careful when reading. Well then have fun with your BDSM stuff. ?

I think you read it very carefully and provided very valuable education. If I wasn't thinking about one mesh-many variants, I dont think I would have considered thinking about bodyslide more carefully. If I know that bodyslide has ebonite hobble dress and it exists in bodyslide, then I know all variants exist. If I know all variants exist as well as their mesh and I ruled out mod conflicts, then i know i have some kind of build problem. donttouchmethere provided a great idea to rule out mod conflicts as being the issue, so I was able to narrow down my troubleshooting. I think you both provided invaluable knowledge and information that i dont think i would have solved this without. I finally have a skyrim where all my mods work as intended (I'm pretty sure though, as with all software I know some bugs are out there) for the most part. I dont really get any crashing, no blackface bugs, no more invisible bodies. This is the most stable I have ever been able to make a modded skyrim. So thanks to both of you.

18 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

and the other half is researching new mods to break the game again.

Haha, omg, I'm so nervous about installing any new mods right now or making any changes or even running fnis. Its working so nicely now with ~400+ mods, I don't want to touch it. I think adding a mod or 2 is okay, but its when you find some amazing mod that requires 8 dependencies that you don't have, and some of those dependencies have their own dependencies, is when the game completely and utterly breaks. Everyone becomes naked, or the npcs/pc turn into some unknowable lovecraftian abomination(I guess its a feature, not a bug, yes?). I want to install the hormones mod, but idk right now, I might just enjoy a working modded skyrim for once, I think i've earned it. I read a post somewhere on one of the forums that went something like: modding skyrim is 95 % of what you do, and actually playing it is something you earn. I can't think of anything that is more true than that.

4 hours ago, ShangWang1 said:

I think adding a mod or 2 is okay

?

Spoiler

4 hours ago, ShangWang1 said:

I think i've earned it. I read a post somewhere on one of the forums that went something like: modding skyrim is 95 % of what you do, and actually playing it is something you earn. I can't think of anything that is more true than that.

True, true ?:classic_unsure: