SexLab running slower than expected (especially compared to heavily modded LE)?

So I used Nexus Manager for years on just tiny stuff in SE & Fallout 4 back when they had shit for mods & then complex stuff with LE after. Thing is awhile back, I got a new SSD to hold my games so I moved everything except my modded Bethesda games^. I did however copy their game folders to the new drive, moved around file paths for script extenders & nexus manager so I could use the new SSD while maintaining safe backups of my games on a separate drive. The backups on the old drives arent recognized by Steam or NMM to keep them from interfering & LE still runs as well as expected, SexLab included.

Nexus manager however was not moved to the new drive & yet it still installs mods to my LE's new drive location as physical files. But when I updated my SE before the Anniversary Edition released, I started installing mods before AE broke everything & found that NMM was installing virtual files (symlinks) to SE. Googling this showed that running as an admin (which I have been doing for a long time already) would fix it but it didnt & then I found that the only real fix is to keep Nexus & the affected game on the same drive. But I cannot move Nexus to the new drive out of fear of how it could affect my LE & Fallout 4, and even so it doesnt explain why it still installs physical files to LE. Any new mods I add for LE arent installed to the backup on the old drive unless I manually put them there to keep the backup up to date.

My SE in general doesnt perform outright shittier than LE but SexLab is running slower on SE than LE despite supposed SE improvements, less total mods & animations installed to SE & the mods themselves are official ports & SexLab isnt running on debug mode or anything else I can guess would impact performance. Am using SexLab Beta 9 & currently using only SexLab Defeat & Matchmaker to test it but the results are the same, all hotkeys respond slower, animation startups & shutdowns are slower, & starting a new game doesnt change anything either. The only other difference between my SE & LE is the latter has physical files installed while SE is using symlinks due to it & NMM being on separate drives. Only other thing I could think of is the version of SexLab im using but since they all say beta on Ashal's page, I assumed the latest was the safest when I downloaded.

^TLDR: My only 2 theories: Do virtual files from mod managers and/or having the manager & game on different drives impact the performance of SexLab SE? Heard Mod Organizer uses virtual files (and is always suggested to me as my better option whenever I bring up NMM anywhere) so it cant be that right? Or is it simply because I'm using SexLab Beta 9 instead of one of the others? Not sure what else I can provide to diagnose this issue other than the current modlist Im using, can add log file if needed from whatever needs to be outputting one.

EDIT: Managed to get a log from a single instance of using Matchmaker: Papyrus.0.log
Edited by LesboIsBesto
3 minutes ago, LesboIsBesto said:

Beta 9 instead of one of the others

That i can assure you isn't the problem. I am using the latest beta myself and everything works flawlessly, no time lag or anything.

Would you consider downloading another mod manager just for SE on the same drive and see if that changes anything? wouldn't have to be a big modlist, just sexlab to see if the keys are working better? That could answer your first question, seeing how you know how to setup skyrim Le i would think the problem could very well be related to that, but i am no expert when it comes to this

14 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

That i can assure you isn't the problem. I am using the latest beta myself and everything works flawlessly, no time lag or anything.

Would you consider downloading another mod manager just for SE on the same drive and see if that changes anything? wouldn't have to be a big modlist, just sexlab to see if the keys are working better? That could answer your first question, seeing how you know how to setup skyrim Le i would think the problem could very well be related to that, but i am no expert when it comes to this

uhh wont doing that fuck with the mods I already have through NMM? Could never get different mod profiles to work with NMM so that^ concerns me

9 hours ago, LesboIsBesto said:

uhh wont doing that fuck with the mods I already have through NMM? Could never get different mod profiles to work with NMM so that^ concerns me

Should  be fine in theory as long as you uninstall the mods you have on SE, just to be sure they don't meddle with each other. I think MO2 would be the go to for that experiment. I use vortex and it handles mods quite like NMM does, Mo2 doesn't clutter your skyrim folder full. ?

But better do a bit of reading on this matter beforehand as i never done it and it's pure theory at this point.

(Hopefully someone who has a bit more input on it comes along soon.)

Maybe try disabling your weather mod first, heard that can be the culprit sometimes.?

8 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Should  be fine in theory as long as you uninstall the mods you have on SE, just to be sure they don't meddle with each other. I think MO2 would be the go to for that experiment. I use vortex and it handles mods quite like NMM does, Mo2 doesn't clutter your skyrim folder full. ?

But better do a bit of reading on this matter beforehand as i never done it and it's pure theory at this point.

(Hopefully someone who has a bit more input on it comes along soon.)

Maybe try disabling your weather mod first, heard that can be the culprit sometimes.?

not sure why they'd be responsible as they dont do anything like that on my LE. and which one anyways, I have multiple. 

As for the other manager, I have 153 total mods on SE with 138 plugins, dats alot to uninstall as well as accounting for overwrites, fomod options, etc. Not really something im willing to try unless it was for a fresh install of the whole game due to something like AE getting forced through.

Another thing I may want to point out is I did attempt to "move" NMM to the same drive once when I discovered the symlinks being installed. I actually copied the entirety of nexus, moved it to a new folder on my SSD, made sure everything, including the mod install folder where it tracks everything I installed was copied too. When I launched that version of nexus, it went through a 1st time setup & when it got to SE, it had no mods to be found despite the folder being there. Maybe I missed a step somewhere but felt I should include that I tried dat already.

11 minutes ago, LesboIsBesto said:

As for the other manager, I have 153 total mods on SE with 138 plugins, dats alot to uninstall as well as accounting for overwrites, fomod options, etc. Not really something im willing to try unless it was for a fresh install of the whole game due to something like AE getting forced through.

That i can understand. Sorry the most i came up with is just bare theory :(

I run vortex off my old ssd and skyrim is on my sata drive ( not ideal but I have no space to stick it)

I'm running beta 9 too without issue buuuuuuuut I did have issue at one point with slow response (scenes not running, npcs slow (i.e. guard in riften jail cell guarding the door etc).

So I trimmed back on mods that were script intensive or I didn't use them as much.

By the way what's "aaSexEffectScriptNPCTwitch.psc"? Your log is full of them.

Usually scripts that cause errors or something else cause stack dumps and then everything cascades that's usually when you get slowdowns.

If I were you I would go to the top of the error log and see what the initial cause is then disable it but first create a new profile in vortex - open the save game folder for it via vortex and copy & paste your current saves into it as a testbed. I see you also have sexlab & flowergirls maybe they're both trying to start an animation? (idk much about flowergirls so forgive me if that's not how it works).

11 hours ago, pinkfluf said:

I run vortex off my old ssd and skyrim is on my sata drive ( not ideal but I have no space to stick it)

I'm running beta 9 too without issue buuuuuuuut I did have issue at one point with slow response (scenes not running, npcs slow (i.e. guard in riften jail cell guarding the door etc).

So I trimmed back on mods that were script intensive or I didn't use them as much.

By the way what's "aaSexEffectScriptNPCTwitch.psc"? Your log is full of them.

Usually scripts that cause errors or something else cause stack dumps and then everything cascades that's usually when you get slowdowns.

If I were you I would go to the top of the error log and see what the initial cause is then disable it but first create a new profile in vortex - open the save game folder for it via vortex and copy & paste your current saves into it as a testbed. I see you also have sexlab & flowergirls maybe they're both trying to start an animation? (idk much about flowergirls so forgive me if that's not how it works).

Flower Girls shouldnt be starting anything unless I start it thru its own dialogue options, while Matchmaker is through spells & Defeat is through its hotkey & dialogue.

as for that psc you mentioned, while I cant find it in xEdit, its naming matches Animated Prostitution (which also makes no sense as to why it doin that as it has the same settings & version I have for LE & it doesnt do that there). But when I disabled it & the Abduction plugins, their related errors went away but SexLab didnt get any faster in a new game still.

Papyrus.0.log

^thats only from 10 min-ish into a new game with no mcm settings changed except for reimporting SexLab settings & cant really make out anything as troublesome as what the 1st log had. Should mention that SexLab was running slow even before I added WetFunctionRedux too. The vampire stuff from Darkend & MBI stuff from Molag Bal's Inferno. All mods that were installed after SexLab was seen to be running slow by me so cant imagine they're at fault for it either \:

Actually when I look at my install order on NMM, theres not many mods installed before SexLab or after either when I 1st launched it & noticed it was slow. I only kept installing more afterwards because I assumed it would get faster in a new game or when I get to certain mods like JContainers or SL Tools or something.

Edited by LesboIsBesto

A couple of things.  SSE Sexlab IS slower starting animations than LE, and sometimes a lot.

Just disabling an esp file while it's scripts are still running in your log still leaves the script load.  That is one of the worst things you can do.  Did you see what things look like on a new game with the mods you talked about disabled?  If so, that would confirm my suspicions about save game scripts being loaded and running for mods not in your actual load order.

5 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

A couple of things.  SSE Sexlab IS slower starting animations than LE, and sometimes a lot.

Just disabling an esp file while it's scripts are still running in your log still leaves the script load.  That is one of the worst things you can do.  Did you see what things look like on a new game with the mods you talked about disabled?  If so, that would confirm my suspicions about save game scripts being loaded and running for mods not in your actual load order.

That 2nd log is from a new game with the mods disabled & they did not appear in it at all so wouldnt that mean they werent running? That game from the 2nd log was a new game started with those 2 mods never inside it & SexLab still ran slow. 

Can delete em for a new game if necessary but im not too convinced they're the culprits. I do have another theory I thought of today, saw something about how SMP physics can be intensive on CPUs (mine is a non overclocked i7-7700k) but I have HDT-SMP alongside CBPC & using CBBE 3BA due to some outfits using either both or one or the other. Is it possible that having both installed could make SexLab run slower? None of my non SexLab mods (including the 2 disabled ones) are running slow far as i can tell, however both HDT-SMP & CBPC with CBBE 3BA were installed before SexLab so maybe its possible.

Edited by LesboIsBesto
1 hour ago, LesboIsBesto said:

Can delete em for a new game if necessary but im not too convinced they're the culprits. I do have another theory I thought of today, saw something about how SMP physics can be intensive on CPUs (mine is a non overclocked i7-7700k) but I have HDT-SMP alongside CBPC & using CBBE 3BA due to some outfits using either both or one or the other. Is it possible that having both installed could make SexLab run slower? None of my non SexLab mods (including the 2 disabled ones) are running slow far as i can tell, however both HDT-SMP & CBPC with CBBE 3BA were installed before SexLab so maybe its possible.

This is really true.  HDT-SMP requires a lot of resources.  If you have lots of CPU cycles, it works.  I can't run it on a 5 year old machine.

13 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

This is really true.  HDT-SMP requires a lot of resources.  If you have lots of CPU cycles, it works.  I can't run it on a 5 year old machine.

mines 5 years old too, but i also have that CPU plus a younger 1070 card & 32gb ram with a 1 year old 970 nvme SSD so i like to think i should be fine. 

I just dont know if its wrong to have both those physics installed or not & what id do if I had to get rid of one when I has outfits that use em

2 hours ago, LesboIsBesto said:

mines 5 years old too, but i also have that CPU plus a younger 1070 card & 32gb ram with a 1 year old 970 nvme SSD so i like to think i should be fine. 

I just dont know if its wrong to have both those physics installed or not & what id do if I had to get rid of one when I has outfits that use em

Should be easy to test and then you can decide.  I have read that LE did HDT much better, but never tried it there.

12 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

Should be easy to test and then you can decide.  I have read that LE did HDT much better, but never tried it there.

ehhh maybe performance wise but as for the actual quality of the jiggles, SMP & CPBC have been a godsend for me. TAWOBA, armors from COCO & others that use em move far better here than in LE.

Back to the issue at hand tho, I tested a new game with those 2 mods of mine, Animated Prostitution & Abduction, being disabled again while disabling Flower Girls & doin some tinkering with my ENB settings (shadows & rain) & 2 INI tweaks & SexLab still slow af. Discovered that Falkreath is the worst place to start an animation tho cuz it takes a horrendously long time for an animation to start. I have Simply Bigger Trees, Realistic Aspen Trees & Cover Woods so I have high quality trees that are huge. On LE i have those last 2 mods as well as the 2K version of 4K Parallax Trees & Skyrim Bigger Trees instead of Simply (they essentially do the same thing) & the FPS dip is worse in LE but SexLab there is still fine around forests & Falkreath.

All in all, still not sure what is causing SexLab to be slow. Am considering starting a new game with SexLab, Matchmaker, Defeat, & those 3 disabled mods gone, clean saving if necessary, then starting with just SexLab & Matchmaker to see if dat fixes it. Would love any other suggestions tho (from anyone readin dis)

Log from new game run with Abduction, AP, & FG disabled: Papyrus.0.log

Edited by LesboIsBesto

Hopin someone sees dis but tested a bit more lately by checking both my CPU & GPU with NZXT CAM & found that despite using the same texture/weather mods for both LE & SE plus the fact LE has more than double the mods installed, LE runs at 25 to 35% CPU at Whiterun & then at Falkreath the CPU stays bout the same but I get 95% GPU usage.

Meanwhile SE stays in mid 30s for CPU but GPU pushes mid 90s in Whiterun & at Falkreath it stays at mid 30s CPU but straight up caps at 100% GPU. I stuck to the same texture mods & fomod options for em like Skyrim HD, Noble Skyrim, SMIM, Vivid Weathers, True Storms, Verdant, RW2, etc. Only big differences besides the tree mods I mentioned earlier is my  ELFX in LE being set to having more darkness to complement the Bloodborne ENB, while SE uses slightly darker than vanilla ELFX but still far brighter than LE & uses Skyrim Re-Engaged ENB.

Can anyone who reads dis confirm if graphic mods can somehow affect SexLab's processing speed? I already talked to the author of CBPC & he/she dont believe havin it & HDT SMP both active can contribute to making script mods run slower,

More stuff: tested uninstalling SexLab from NMM & reinstalling manually so as to use physical files instead of symlinks for a new game, changed nothing performance wise. My only 2 ideas left are either perhaps to delete all sex related stuff, clean save if needed, start a new game with just SexLab & Matchmaker manually & test it out OR move NMM to my SSD & reinstall everything (with physical files) up to SexLab & Matchmaker, leaving out environment stuff & anything else involving animations to see if it'll work

Edited by LesboIsBesto
5 hours ago, LesboIsBesto said:

i agree with fishburger67  as it seams SE engine issue , LE is executing faster then SE in that matter . ( might be turn or queue animations or scanning for any spells ) sexlab seams to have difficulties to be stable and starting ( scanning heights , positions , selecting animations tag/random ) it might be the way it is accessing payrus.dll or JContainer.dll .

i did not compare with flower girl so i can not tell if it is specific to sexlab .

i have the latest papyrus and the latest JContainer installed  , all skyrim se as administrator in a second hard drive .  and i have installed 

SexLab sslAnimationSlots 2000 SE 2.0.1 to see a better improvement .

you might try and see : SexLab sslAnimationSlots 2000 SE - Framework & Resources - LoversLab

hope it helps .

12 hours ago, coolfreaky said:

i agree with fishburger67  as it seams SE engine issue , LE is executing faster then SE in that matter . ( might be turn or queue animations or scanning for any spells ) sexlab seams to have difficulties to be stable and starting ( scanning heights , positions , selecting animations tag/random ) it might be the way it is accessing payrus.dll or JContainer.dll .

i did not compare with flower girl so i can not tell if it is specific to sexlab .

i have the latest papyrus and the latest JContainer installed  , all skyrim se as administrator in a second hard drive .  and i have installed 

SexLab sslAnimationSlots 2000 SE 2.0.1 to see a better improvement .

you might try and see : SexLab sslAnimationSlots 2000 SE - Framework & Resources - LoversLab

hope it helps .

question, how many animations total do u have actually installed with that tho? And how much variation do you get in animation choices?

I ask cuz I use that in LE & had a lot of issues using the ESP version (can see for yourself here & on that mod's LE support thread around the same time as that link's date) at 1st but then when I swapped to the ESM version, it worked but it also would only give me the 1st set of animations it picked out from the 1st time an animation started everytime a new one started.

EDIT: One more thing: what version of SexLab are u using? Beta 9 like mine or earlier?

Edited by LesboIsBesto

with SE i turn on 4000 animations .   and have also about 50 plugin a mix of esm , esp , esl ,and 3BA hdt smp/cbpc  installed and no creatures .

animations are surprisingly random less about rape as i have only babo h and nck30 .  smp sometimes is getting crazy ( stuttering or eating to much memory ) and often switching between smp/cbpc  fix it : it never affected animations start in my game .

and i am on beta 9.

in LE i had over 6000 plus creatures , about 120 plugins , and had difficulties with smp ( installed only cbpc ) . The animations random was not so evident had to remove sexlab original animations to have the reste of animations to play and even with that done i had to push a shortcut to select another random animation .

9 hours ago, LesboIsBesto said:

question

the low number of plugins is because i am very demanding and have not a lot of time ( tested a lot of mods not to my liking ) , not because of a pc limit .

and now i am going to start all over because of AE patch as sexlab is flagged also AE and a temporary patch for schlong . 

i would be able to compare and see any evolution .