OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

No. That is pretty standard stuff and you're OK. Most everything will conflict with the vanilla game files straight off - that's because they are mods!

If you think there may be problems between a couple of mods, or you want to see the effect of a mod, it's a quick and easy way to find out.

I only use it to look at things like we are experiencing here:  the Away mod and the Avant Garden mod.

So what are the conflicts between the two?  Away comes after Avant Garden in your load order, so theoretically it should overrule Avant Garden. But Nav Meshes are a tough little cookie to sort. It would be interesting to see what SSEEdit Conflict Checker shows between the two mods...

If we get stuck I can always load the Away mod into my load order. This is solvable.

Edited by Bluegunk

Ok, I was scared there for a minute, I don't like RED letters, ever, not good in my exp. . I have pulled Avant Garden.

Warriors Rest, BBLS and Paradise valley are all the player homes I have in now. I just started the game, I got to race menu and got back out. No saves... yet. Going in for another test run, see what we see. You know I'll be back, ASAP.

Edited by BDNelson

No, I'm not pulling the other homes. I only pulled Avant Garden. Everything else stayed in. I have 3 player homes now instead of 4. Doesn't matter, there is still something very wrong with the game. My race menu will not work right, color is wrong, paint schemes missing, clothes are still on the PC's. It's not right at all. I tried it 5 times.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

To play the Away mod, did you make a save through Alternate Start, and then Riverwood before hitting the CTD?

Does the Away mod require that you start the game storyline, or is it independent?

I can't see the value of re-running Racemenu in the Prison Cell if you already had a game that was working - apart from one CTD.

If you had a good base save or two, just continue from there and try disabling Lakeview Avant Garden.

I did it the way I always have. I put her clothes on, save, restart and use the statue, that's it. No MCM, No sounds, no FG or wenches, no spell favorites set up, nuthin. Bare bones PC. Of course I let everything load up before I leave the cell.

Game story line or independent, don't know. I have the choice is yours mod installed, it's not supposed to be a "mandatory" quest line (?). 

I have no saves at all. New game start only. I have to start in the prison cell. Remember that targeted fix I just got done doing? I deleted the saves on that, I reinstalled like...70 mods, I always delete saves after that kind of a job.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Hmm.  I've mentioned before, this is how I do it: 

• Build a mod load-out with enough mods installed to create the character (Blaze) in the Prison Cell. Check she works, and save.  If there's a problem, fix it and repeat until it works. 
  • Go to my start point (in my case, Lakeview Manor) and save.
  • Start adding mods, testing as I go. I go around the house, go outdoors (get killed by a wolf usually...).  I use TMM 1 in the console to jump around Skyrim to test things.
  • Once it seems good, I save. This way I get myself a game with a solid number of basic mods that I know works.  That's my "base game save" (as I call it) that I can return to if things go wrong.  This saves me from having to start right at the beginning again.
  • Start adding more mods and test. Continue until done

I advocate this approach because it means your base game save is good to go. It saves a lot of hassle.

Here's my 'base game' save from the current game. You can see it is save 4. It has the mods I needed to establish my current character, place and screen specs.  If all else fails I can return to this save:

Base Game.jpg

(NB of course, you can't see the SKSE-only mods in this list).

Edited by Bluegunk

Ok, 1st, I don't know what to say. I guess I have been doing all kinds of wrong from the very beginning. I have totally screwed this thing up from the get\go. That is not the way I thought it was supposed to be done. Now what?

And I have NO idea what you are showing me in the pic., I don't have anything like that in my setup. I can't do that with saves.

I'm done for the night. I'll see you tomorrow?

Nope - you've screwed nothing up. You're totally close to having a working robust game - just one little flaw to sort out. Hey - don't feel down about it.

So far as you've told me everything was working fine until one bird in the Away mod caused a CTD. We know that's probably because it was conflicting with Lakeview Avant Garden.

I just don't want you ripping your game apart because you don't think it is working. It IS !!  There's just a bug to sort out, and we all have those.  

You should make some saves after the Prison Cell, and work forward from them. If something goes wrong you can go back to those saves. It'll save you from full restarts.

You are nearly there!!!

Edited by Bluegunk

No, I'm sorry, big guy. Everything was not working fine. The skin in race menu looked like a 3 day old corpse, no color for make-up, no color for paint, no tat\paint schemes, clothes on the PC's when there shouldn't have been, My compass turned off every time she went thru a door, the map looked like it was 4byte, no map marker colors.

That's all before she even leaves the prison cell, haven't gotten to the CTD yet. I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree, my game is broken because of that Sounds of Skyrim SE 1.9.5 I VERY stupidly installed. In addition, that was not the 1st time I had to start the game 3 or 4 times to get everything in race menu to spool up (missing tats\paint schemes). Oh, yeah and the tat on her ass blinking on and off, THAT was a 1st.

Before it CTD'd, I was using the forge and when I scrolled down to the Ebony armor set I just got, instead of seeing the armor, I saw a big black box with words inside it's borders, I forgot the SMP mod for this set, you helped me before with that, I think.

I'm sorry, I'm starting over. I have to find out if the game will even play on vanilla settings, then mod again, keeping this set up (install order). This was all too much to push on with a game run. Not to mention what I didn't find yet.

Don't worry, we'll get it done.

Edited by BDNelson
1 hour ago, BDNelson said:

EVERY SINGLE installed mod. I have no idea WTF this is.

Do you mean the FNIS PCEA?  That's weird. FNIS as a mod hasn't been updated for over a year. 

Might there be an FNIS output file lurking about from a previous FNIS run that it is using?

Good luck with a re-re-rebuild. There have been times when I have literally been banging my head on the table. When I've found the problem, it's like a ray of light and a chorus singing - sometimes I think: WTF?  

FNIS output, ummm, I don't know. I'm hoping that when I get to vanilla again, I'm going to find a folder with this shit in it, then it's gone! Every time I install, bullocks! LOL. Do you think it was the right decision to rebuild it? I didn't see any other course of action I could take, there was just too much going haywire to push ahead. (post 1387)

Now, how do you get those kinds of saves, some save mod I don't know about? I have "AutoSaveCleaner". It removes all auto-saves that Skyrim generates when I click on it, it's all I have. After the frozen bird crash, 5 out of 6 of my saves were corrupted. That hasn't happened in quite a while. After all that was going on, I wasn't surprised at that.

Do you really think the conflict between Avant Garden and Away, Come Away can be fixed? I would like to do that, if possible.

Edited by BDNelson

Do you think it was the right decision to rebuild it?

If Racemenu was going wrong, then likely yes.  A broken Racemenu is bad news.

Now, how do you get those kinds of saves, some save mod I don't know abou

Do you mean the pictures of a save list in post 1383?  That's from the utility Fallrim Tools which I think I mentioned a while back.  It is really worth having this. The part I use is called Resaver. I use through MO2 but I can use it on the desktop.  You load up a save - say the latest - and you can find out all sorts of stuff going on in that save. Really handy.

After the frozen bird crash, 5 out of 6 of my saves were corrupted

That ain't supposed to happen.  A crash is a crash and it might break the current save, but should never affect the previous.  It's more likely there was trouble straight from the start of the game that was corrupting saves as they were saved. But not sure what would be doing that other than a SKSE mod with a DLL.

I wrecked all my saves by accidentally downloading an AE version of Papyrus Utility and using it in game.  That's the sort of thing that wrecks entire game saves.

Do you really think the conflict between Avant Garden and Away, Come Away can be fixed?

I don't know. NavMeshes are a mystery to me (and to most folks). 

I think it depends on how you want to start the game. If you start in the Sleeping Giant Inn, then you will not have Lakeview Manor until you do the Falkreath stuff in the game storyline.  Therefore you can play the Away mod.  Later, when you get the Manor you can add the Avant Garden then.

But if the Away mod still crashes on the bird without Avant Garden, there is another problem at work.

By the way, a lot of folks recommend to make a manual save rather than use the Auto Save. The Auto Saves are known to cause some issues with the game save table. But that is over time, not immediately.

I thought so, the rebuild is needed. I think I'm going to have better luck this time. I don't recognize "Flallrim Tools", you sure it was me you had that discussion with. I'm going to get that right now!

I do not ever use an auto-save file to load into my game, NEVER EVER do that, BAD idea. I delete all auto-saves with the autosave cleaner I mentioned before. Although, I haven't seen any in my docs\my games\Skyrim Special Edition\saves folder to date.

The saves are all turned off in my Skyrim.ini and confirmed as being off when I'm in the game via the in-game menu, you know, press "ESC". I think you might be using that key more often than I do. LOL

"Away": I'm installing that, I want my sword! So, Avant Garden will have to wait until I get it. After that I should be able to install "Avant Garden" without messing up my questing, I have to go to a different location at level 20 to find the armor.

When I went to reload after removing "Avant Garden" is when I saw the corrupted saves. All kinds of colors (the spectrum) with the words "save corrupted" in the pic of the save. I'm pretty sure I got that right, at least. It must have already "damaged" the "Away" mod in some way. I went back in with the save I did get into place, but the bird was still frozen in mid-air, couldn't complete the 3rd part of the sword. I WANT THAT SWORD!

You say I have to get the Lakeview home via the quest line BEFORE I install "Avant Garden"? I don't want to do it too early, I want the house too.

I hope the reason you are not on-line is because you are playing, YES? Shoot me a recent in-game pic if you can, I like inspiration. Also, I found a mod you might not know about, "Undress for Bed". You might want to look at it if you haven't already, could be useful.

Edited by BDNelson
added content
11 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

All kinds of colors (the spectrum) with the words "save corrupted" in the pic

I hate seeing that screen!!

If you don't start in Lakeview as part of Arthmoor's Alternate Start, then you have to get the house in game through the game storyline.

I was around but not playing any games. I am trying to get my hands on another Baidu Chinese mod... lol. 

The fancy one I was fiddling with yesterday (with the house) has a faulty NIF. I'm zeroed in on exactly where the fault is, but I have no idea how to fix it.  ?

Someone else downloaded the mod so I'm hoping they might know how to fix it.

I am around generally, but not always on this thread but I am checking in regularly.

Edited by Bluegunk

HEY, there you are!! How is it going for you today? Does that other mod do more than the "Undress" mod does? I have "Undress" now, if this other one is better, I would like to know the name of it so I can get it.

Fallrim Tools: I do not recognize this at all. In the requirements section it says I need Java installed. I do. How do I check to see if it is Java 64 or not. I tried reading the info available, not seeing any reference to "64". Java is up to date, I think I already have it because of Win 10, I think. So, it should be safe to install, yes?

Edited by BDNelson
added content

YES! I had to cooldown after... well you know. I'm sorry if I had you worried. I'll try REAL hard not to do that anymore.

I'm reading up on Fallrim Tools. So, DO NOT save over existing saves (overwrite) because the save can become too big and crash the game, yes? That's what I read. The author said to, I hope I have this right, intentionally CRASH the game. WHAT? Just to see if it works or not, REALLY? You think I should do THAT?

You are still fixing Skyrim?

Edited by BDNelson