Animations are not playing.

As title suggests, animations are not playing and my character and target npc idly stands there, locked in the place. 

FNIS Output;

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V7.6   12/10/2021 21:14:31
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.97.0 - C:\Program Files\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - Special Edition\

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading Defeat V5 ... 
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading P1FlyingRing V?.? ... 
Reading SexLab V1.63 ... 
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Creature Pack not installed

1443 animations for 7 mods successfully included (character).

1 Warning(s).

My mods;

Mods_5.png.c378d8ea251a9e122204405399622cbf.pngMods4.png.8297dd72f530791e00c067304a40d3cb.pngMods3.png.8258bfce53c71e09b4150759bd2da86a.pngMods2.png.704364e2a32b44be5cb8dddefca21f8f.pngMods1.png.81a71255471d5f66ea252c01d0e2ed48.png

Animations are not registered in "Toggle Animations" either, tried new saves, methods from the Troubleshooting page but none of them seems to work. I can't grasp what could be the problem so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Perhaps maybe issue could be with load order, here is the list:

# Automatically generated by Vortex
*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*SexLab.esm
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*Refined Volkihars.esp
*AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
*P1FlyingRing.esp
*Animated Wings Ultimate.esp
*RLO - Exteriors.esp
*SeranaDialogAddon.esp
*SDA_SLPatch.esp
*Inigo.esp
*ForgottenCity.esp
*The Infinity Gauntlet.esp
*The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
*jwd-follower-m-nord-ragnar-1.esp
*jwd-follower-m-nord-bjorn-1.esp
*CBBE.esp
*Growl - Werebeasts of Skyrim.esp
*GuildStarter.esp
*dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
*dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
*MaximumCarnage.esp
*RaceMenu.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*RaceMenuPlugin.esp
*RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
*RLO - Effects.esp
*moresmeltables.esp
*ViewableFactionRanks.esp
*InvisibilityPower.esp
*SexLabDefeat.esp
*FNIS.esp
*Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
*Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
*Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
*Better Vampires.esp
*Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
*Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
*Serana Dialogue Edit.esp
*SDA SDE Patch.esp
*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
*RLO - Interiors.esp
*RLO - IC Patch.esp
*RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp
*RLO - VIS Patch.esp

Just now, Psalam said:

FNIS is a little tricky to properly load in Vortex. Double check to make sure that you have loaded it correctly. Here is a youtube video link:

If I am not mistaken, it's not possible it to be FNIS related because I am using other animation mods depending on it, were it a FNIS issue, they would not work at all.

I will try the guide you posted neverthless, thanks for your answer mate!

FINIS error needs to be fixed first by opening skyrim from steam directly for the first time. you should never see that error i am pretty sure.

I found MO is much easier to run. I had so many problems last time I tried to use Vortex for Skyrim that I gave up on it.
Biggest error was it said it downloaded and installed a mod but it was just corrupt goop. you could have corrupt goop for the mod and will need to manually download it and then install it.

4 minutes ago, majormagers said:

FINIS error needs to be fixed first by opening skyrim from steam directly for the first time. you should never see that error i am pretty sure.

I found MO is much easier to run. I had so many problems last time I tried to use Vortex for Skyrim that I gave up on it.
Biggest error was it said it downloaded and installed a mod but it was just corrupt goop. you could have corrupt goop for the mod and will need to manually download it and then install it.

That error is pretty much doesn't affect the game, I was playing fine with animation mods when it was in Steam folder, and playing fine now(if we exclude SexLab that is), having changed the folder.

I never used MO but from my experience with MO2, I agree it is far more superior, problem-free and flexible but the thing is, I play/mod Skyrim maybe for a week in 2 years then I get bored and I uninstall it and  having MO, controlling every tiny bit of your load order seemed like a lot of work compared to LOOT Vortex have built in, that's why I didn't bother with it and now I am in a 55+ hours save so uninstalling vortex would definetly would corrupt it.

36 minutes ago, ryuiijin said:
>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. 

That seems a bit of a hint.

PS> aside from the # animations, I see no evidence that the animation packs were processed by FNIS> when I run FNIS manually (It normally is run in the background in my mod manager). I see an initial report like what you posted, then it processes all my animation files and completes the FNIS run, leaving behind a much longer report than simply that first bit you posted. (that is, the full report includes what you posted but also includes the processing info for the animation packs.

I'd be inclined to

1. uninstall the animation packs,
  2. open game,
  3. open the working save,
  4. create a new save,
  5. close game,
  6. clean save,
  7. and then reinstall the animation packs
  8. or better, just install a couple then check to make sure they've been digested by Skyrim  properly before installing any more.

Edited by anjenthedog
2 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

That seems a bit of a hint.

When I saw it, I ran the game from Steam folder as well, alas no difference it made. Still no animations registered in "Toggle Animations" menu and people were frozen in the sex scenes. Unless SexLab have a requirement for you to run from Steam folder, I don't think that's the problem. Reference my posts above, all other animations are working fine aside from SL.

PS> aside from the # animations, I see no evidence that the animation packs were processed by FNIS> when I run FNIS manually (It normally is run in the background in my mod manager). I see an initial report like what you posted, then it processes all my animation files and completes the FNIS run, leaving behind a much longer report.

Could you post a screenshot of what these procession messages looks like please? I maybe ran it over 30 times by now trying to fix this problem but none of these logs were longer than what I posted in OP.

by request (this is of course for my installation)

and fwiw, I checked Gender Specific, Skeleton fix, and HXK file compatibility in FNIS before processing

Spoiler

FNIS Behavior V7.6 XXL   10/12/2021 3:54:04 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.97.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  
Patch: "HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE"  

Reading ABBA V1.00 ...     ChAnims:1     CTD:0.0%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ...     ChAnims:298     CTD:1.8%     pOpt:0.5%
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Aggressive V1.0 ...     ChAnims:145     CTD:0.9%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...     ChAnims:136     CTD:0.8%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ...     ChAnims:185     CTD:1.2%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading Anubs Creature V1.0 ...     ChAnims:467     CTD:2.8%     pOpt:0.6%
Reading Anubs Futa V1.0 ...     ChAnims:46     CTD:0.6%     pOpt:0.4%
        NOTE: Anubs Futa has at least one identical -AV defined in both 's' and '+' line
Reading Anubs Human V1.0 ...     ChAnims:898     CTD:5.3%     pOpt:1.2%
Reading Babo Creature V1.0 ...     ChAnims:174     CTD:1.1%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading Babo Human V1.0 ...     ChAnims:377     CTD:2.3%     pOpt:0.6%
Reading Billyy_Creature V1.0 ...     ChAnims:509     CTD:3.4%     pOpt:1.0%
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ...     ChAnims:220     CTD:1.4%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading Billyy_CreatureConstructs V1.0 ...     ChAnims:145     CTD:0.9%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading Billyy_CreatureFurniture V1.0 ...     ChAnims:86     CTD:0.6%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ...     ChAnims:285     CTD:1.8%     pOpt:0.4%
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ...     ChAnims:190     CTD:1.2%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ...     ChAnims:100     CTD:0.6%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ...     ChAnims:461     CTD:2.8%     pOpt:0.7%
Reading Billyy_HumanDD V1.0 ...     ChAnims:200     CTD:1.2%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading Billyy_HumanFurniture V1.0 ...     ChAnims:142     CTD:0.9%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading Billyy_HumanFurnitureInvis V1.0 ...     ChAnims:40     CTD:0.3%     pOpt:0.1%
Reading Billyy_HumanFuta V1.0 ...     ChAnims:47     CTD:0.3%     pOpt:0.1%
Reading Billyy_HumanLesbian V1.0 ...     ChAnims:130     CTD:0.8%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading Defeat V5 ...     ChAnims:39     CTD:0.5%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading Fillherup V5 ...     ChAnims:13     CTD:0.1%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading FlowerGirlsSE V3.0.2 ...     ChAnims:1618     CTD:7.9%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ...     ChAnims:0     CTD:0.0%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ...     ChAnims:0     CTD:0.0%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading FNISSexyMove V7.2 ...     ChAnims:21(18)     CTD:3.3%     pOpt:2.2%
        NOTE: FNISSexyMove has at least one AASet definition without any animation files provided
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ...     ChAnims:94     CTD:1.2%     pOpt:0.6%
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...     ChAnims:90     CTD:0.6%     pOpt:0.1%
Reading FunnyBizBound V12.0 ...     ChAnims:180     CTD:1.1%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading FunnyBizFun V12.0 ...     ChAnims:334     CTD:2.0%     pOpt:0.5%
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...     ChAnims:471     CTD:3.0%     pOpt:0.8%
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...     ChAnims:156     CTD:1.0%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...     ChAnims:45     CTD:0.3%     pOpt:0.1%
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...     ChAnims:23     CTD:0.2%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading FunnyBizRape V11.0 ...     ChAnims:310     CTD:1.9%     pOpt:0.5%
Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...     ChAnims:590     CTD:3.6%     pOpt:0.9%
Reading ImmersiveAnimatedLooting V?.? ...     ChAnims:13     CTD:0.1%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...     ChAnims:344     CTD:2.2%     pOpt:0.6%
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature V1.0 ...     ChAnims:107     CTD:0.7%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature_Object V1.0 ...     ChAnims:16     CTD:0.1%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading NibblesAnims_Object V1.0 ...     ChAnims:148     CTD:0.9%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading NibblesAnims_old V1.0 ...     ChAnims:187     CTD:1.2%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...     ChAnims:882     CTD:5.6%     pOpt:1.5%
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...     ChAnims:142     CTD:0.9%     pOpt:0.2%
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ...     ChAnims:5     CTD:0.1%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...     ChAnims:177     CTD:1.2%     pOpt:0.3%
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...     ChAnims:25     CTD:0.2%     pOpt:0.1%
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ...     ChAnims:164(164)     CTD:2.2%     pOpt:0.0%
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V7.00 ...     ChAnims:829     CTD:3.6%     pOpt:0.0%

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
 0 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 3 sets: 19 total groups: 57 added file slots: 332 alternate files: 182

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureConstructs V1.0 ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading Anubs Creature V1.0 ...
Reading Babo Creature V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_Creature V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureFurniture V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ...
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ...
Reading NibblesAnims_Creature_Object V1.0 ...

12305 animations for 52 mods successfully included (character)
ChAnims: 12305  CTD:79.2%  pOpt:18.4%  max: 15536  LC: 20721 (max. 26162)

4911 animations for 15 mods and 45 creatures successfully included.

Edited by anjenthedog

In addition, once you get a sound FNIS run (you did click on "Update FNIS behavior, didn't you? If not, that could explain a few things), you need to use SLAL to register animation pack animations from the installed animation packs (animation packs should be installed AFTER SLAL, fyi) 

PS> Still concerned about that first warning you're receiving. Check the FNIS page for instruction. AFAIK, you're doing something wrong.

Edited by anjenthedog
7 hours ago, ryuiijin said:

When I saw it, I ran the game from Steam folder as well, alas no difference it made. Still no animations registered in "Toggle Animations" menu and people were frozen in the sex scenes. Unless SexLab have a requirement for you to run from Steam folder, I don't think that's the problem. Reference my posts above, all other animations are working fine aside from SL.

Could you post a screenshot of what these procession messages looks like please? I maybe ran it over 30 times by now trying to fix this problem but none of these logs were longer than what I posted in OP.

Your log is fine other than the warning at the top as far as I can tell.

I've had the same issue before I believe it's caused when FNIS thinks you are using a pirated copy of the game and should be fixed by opening Skyrim via Steam(to be safe I would get to the main menu though that might not be necessary).