Smoking and the animation problem

Well, we know smoking is a bad habit. Sims never learn.
My character developed in a short time a smoking habit.

The animation for that make the character sink in. Its not an issue since its just for the smoking anyway.
But i wonder if i did something wrong perhaps.

I am using this mod.

cmomoney_CigaretteMod

i think i got that from MTS.

Its probably the heels. Just a hunch.

2021-10-05 09_12_19-The Sims 3.jpg

2021-10-05 09_12_43-The Sims 3.jpg

14 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I am using this mod.

cmomoney_CigaretteMod

Oniki implemented much from cmomoneys cigarette mod for smoking joints into KW. Think even the smoking animation have the same name in both mods.

However, if you use both mods together, then the sim will still sink into the ground when smoking "regular" cigarettes.

If so, just let me know. I can modify the anim of cmomoney_CigaretteMod in the same way as of the KW animations and send it to you via PM.

Edited by Clydie
typo
5 hours ago, Clydie said:

Oniki implemented much from cmomoneys cigarette mod for smoking joints into KW. Think even the smoking animation have the same name in both mods.

However, if you use both mods together, then the sim will still sink into the ground when smoking "regular" cigarettes.

If so, just let me know. I can modify the anim of cmomoney_CigaretteMod in the same way as of the KW animations and send it to you via PM.

That would be silly. If you make an animations set to replace animations of a mod that has been around since 2012, which has been downloaded 480,000 times, and obviously some of those who downloaded it are here at LL... and most likely use JoshQ shoes, why not SHARE WITH EVERYONE???

6 hours ago, Clydie said:

I did not notice a sink in so far. What i noticed is that the legs go back and forth between smoking. Looks like of funny really. But i think this is better than sink in.

I have to make some better screen shots to show it though.

2 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I wasn't aware off the fact that this is actually included in KW.

Would it be better to just take out the mod from MTS from my load?

Thanks

They are 2 different mods which use the same animation.

Cigarettes and joints create different effects on your sims, and the price is considerably different.

> I have many different saves wherein each save uses different parts of the game, game EP's and mods. It's near impossible for a single Sim to engage in every action known to man in my game. So I have the coffin nails cigarettes in my game as well, but only a few Sims use them.

1 hour ago, landess said:

So I have the coffin nails cigarettes in my game as well

The original is "MTS_cmomoney_1306455_cmomoney_CigaretteMod" from 13.07.2012 and here at LL a member published "Cigarros_Coffin Nail_pt-BR" on 12.09.2016.

Both are the same mod. The one from here have a brazilian-portugese localization, that the only different as far as I know.

The smoking animation is just the same as used in KW too.

3 hours ago, wutpickel said:

What i noticed is that the legs go back and forth between smoking.

This is caused by different "normal" game animations called by this mod between the smokes, this can be caused by sliders may be. I did not notice this effect so far.

Must admit that I modified the anim for KW a little in a way that the arms will not clip in the body if the sims is "heavier", let the breast jump a little, gave them a second smoke event and a short smile while blow out.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

why not SHARE WITH EVERYONE???

Really, I hesitate, since it is cmomoneys mod and should be updated on MTS if wanted. But I am not a MTS member and I do not know if cmomoney is still active. However, will modify the mod in the above sense the next days and may use the  "Cigarros_Coffin Nail_pt-BR" because of the additional localization it may has. (will check that first).  Once done I will provide it to test it via PM at first. Hope that is OK !

Edited by Clydie

Well, my sims is on the heavy side.

So i used the sliders a lot. Just for fun, i will use a vanilla sim to see how it looks then.

In my picture example you can see the feet changing positions. I like to emphasize that this is not a big deal at all. Just that it looks a little odd. Thats all.

Hope its visible what i mean. 

2021-10-06 08_37_31-The Sims 3.jpg

2021-10-06 08_37_46-The Sims 3.jpg

Edited by wutpickel
12 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

In my picture example you can see the feet changing positions.

Unfortunately I can't open your jpgs. But I can see what you mean on the above shoots too looking at the floor tiles.

Really I did not notice such in my game, but will pay attention to that, may I oversaw it up to now.

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

Unfortunately I can't open your jpgs. But I can see what you mean on the above shoots too looking at the floor tiles.

Really I did not notice such in my game, but will pay attention to that, may I oversaw it up to now.

No worries. I do not think this is bad. I consider sink ins worst. Besides, Sims should not smoke. Or? ?

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

I am not a MTS member and I do not know if cmomoney is still active.

Back in a minute.... 

I sent cmomoney a PM, but MTS lists his mods as "unsupported", as he has not been around for quite a while. His last mod update was in 2012 or 2013.

12 minutes ago, landess said:

Move the butt slider and you'll notice the same thing - feet moving/sliding forward/backward.

But i like the butt. ?

Granted, i have to check what happens with normal butt. It isn't really an issue for me anymore anyway. I think, since i did see any other treads like that, that i am, perhaps, the only one with ciggies.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, wutpickel said:

feet changing positions.

Sorry was not able to reproduce this in my games. In my game it works correct.

Think that cmomoneys cigarette mod is used in KW and a other member loaded it up here also. So, it may not hurt if I do so too.

First of all : ALL CREDITS GO TO CMOMONEY !!!!

On the attached I did the following :

Implemented  both Portugese languages (POR_BR and POR_PT)

Did a German translation too. (GER_DE)

In respect of the animation itself, I changed this with the same animation I modified for KW, because I like it better.

The key message : The sims will not sink into the ground while wearing high heels anymore.

If you want to test it, replace the attached file with yours of your mod folder.

Have fun !

During the tests I did with that mod most of my sims developed a smoking habit and I do not want them to have a cold Turkey, so I will leave the mod in my game ?

cmomoney_CigaretteMod_cly.package

Edited by Clydie
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, Clydie said:

First of all : ALL CREDITS GO TO CMOMONEY !!!!

I think that will be sufficient. ))) As I wrote above, I am a member on MTS, and sent cmo a PM on 6 Oct about this, and have had no reply. His mods have not been updated in years, and MTS lists his work as "unsupported".

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I am a member on MTS, and sent cmo a PM on 6 Oct about this, and have had no reply

Many thanks for that. May Cmo will come back later.

Still have the Cigarette mod in my game. It is great and enrich the game. My sims now smoke more a cigarette instead of doing a pillow fight......

But this whole smoking habit was much to strong for my taste in the game, but is easily to tune. So I did the following :

Open the mod with s3pe and then go to

SmokingHabitBuffs _XML

changed therein the numbers as listed below :

<BuffName>SmokingHabit</BuffName>
  <EffectValue>0</EffectValue>

<BuffName>SmokedCigarette</BuffName>
  <EffectValue>5</EffectValue>
  <TimeoutLength>1200</TimeoutLength>

<BuffName>NeedCigarette</BuffName>
  <EffectValue>-5</EffectValue>
  <TimeoutLength>1000</TimeoutLength>

<BuffName>QuitColdTurkey</BuffName>
  <EffectValue>10</EffectValue>

<BuffName>FellOffWagon</BuffName>
  <EffectValue>-10</EffectValue>
  <TimeoutLength>440</TimeoutLength>

In addition I raised the number of the cigarette pack content from 20 to 40 in the cigaretteTuning _XML

With that, the mod is much less bothering in game and I will keep it in this way.

19 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

should post a download

But I have uploaded it for download here. Anyway, I understand what you mean.

I am about to upload updates on my animation thread soon. May I should add the modified cigarette mod there too.

Will upload then my "milder version" as said above. Then the mod is much less demanding in terms to force the sims to smoke that often or pain them with "cold turkey" and the cigarette pack last longer with 40 each since you can get them in the buy mode only as far as I saw.

Edited by Clydie
missing "."
4 hours ago, Clydie said:

But I have uploaded it for download here. Anyway, I understand what you mean.

I am about to upload updates on my animation thread soon. May I should add the modified cigarette mod there too.

Will upload then my "milder version" as said above. Then the mod is much less demanding in terms to force the sims to smoke that often or pain them with "cold turkey" and the cigarette pack last longer with 40 each since you can get them in the buy mode only as far as I saw.

Great! Oy! I think of others, as I have your animation mod already. Yes, upload on your page with other animations, but... Upload BOTH versions... Give people a choice, and easy as they are already made. ))) Just label original smoking addiction, and reduced smoking addiction. )))

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Just label original smoking addiction, and reduced smoking addiction

Your wish is my order, princess ? . Will do so !

Hope I can find out later on what is more popular, the regular or the milder version.

For me it is no question, because the regular one pain not only your sims but also the player who (should) take care of them.

Have everything ready so far, may be tomorrow morning I can do the upload.

And yes, will upload my newest femwalks, OKWs and KW anims too.....

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

Your wish is my order, princess ? . Will do so !

Hope I can find out later on what is more popular, the regular or the milder version.

For me it is no question, because the regular one pain not only your sims but also the player who (should) take care of them.

Have everything ready so far, may be tomorrow morning I can do the upload.

And yes, will upload my newest femwalks, OKWs and KW anims too.....

Only a suggestion. ))) I simply figure that since you already have both options, why not let folks choose. Just put notice that there can be only one!

Just as @landess plays pregnancy off, and I have it on, some using smoking may want that harsher addiction reality in their game. 

Questions... is it only for cigarette smoking, or also KW herb? And I mean both the no drop below floor part, and the less addictive part??????? Also make note of these to avoid 100 people asking, as we know a person will ask, then the next person asks the same question that was answered 1 or 2 posts above! (see Mike24, and how many asking for someone to send them pet animations after landess answered what to do).

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

is it only for cigarette smoking, or also KW herb?

Thanks for the hint. Of course it is for the cigarette mod only. KW uses many parts out of the cigarette mod, but is separate.

My Sims sometimes smoke a joint and afterwards a cigarette. ?

May I need to say, the cigarette mod works great in the game. Had not any issue in my games because of this mod.