What's your Rimworld fantasy playthrough?

What "profiles" or gameplay playstyles/themes/memes do you run? Adult or non-horny is okay. Also list if you want.

My favorite is starting a village/civilization with my woman Jaina. Sometimes we go brothel, othertimes just a normal town. Also with sex of course. ?

Also 40k bases, bug/insectoid colonies (would love to play zerg and have a creep colony), cosmopolitan alien mass effect colonies, cannibal tribes, urukhai pits, vacation hotel businesses, and medieval castle.

Up to now, I've had 4 comple playtroughs, each time starting with a family of 5 pawns:
Vanilla, with a bit of everything.
Western, with only early industrial tech allowed along with proper settlers or natives factions.
Military, building a cool airbase with only military factions in game (more like CP playtrough!)
Spacer only, mostly themed around Star Wars and other futuristic style stuff.

I've decided that my next one, first one with ideologies, is going to be a Medieval-fantasy playtrough where I run a convent (brothel) of nymphomaniac nuns who are incapable of violence, but still get protected by a few permanent guards and whoever will come to use their services.

You know how in nature, there's a tendency for evolution to turn creatures into crabs?  My RimWorld games have a tendency to turn into Dwarf Fortress if I play on a map with any meaningful mountain terrain.

So far I've completed a Royalty win condition in a mountain stronghold, and a "build your own spaceship" win in Extreme Desert that also involved hollowing out a mountain to live under, while I've lost interest in several temperate starts and one jungle colony.  Most had RJW on, but they weren't really "sexy" themed colonies.

But for my current playthrough, I'm going all-in with motd1233's Sexpierence mod's Ideology content.  My colony is basically a bunch of persecuted tribals who started a little sex cult in the forest, where the lovin' is free, incest is acceptable, and people are encouraged to get intimately close with sacred timber wolves.  Between the ritualized orgies, drug-fueled orgies, and consensual gangbangs (human and bestial), everyone's mood bars are high and they generally have high opinions of each other.  But that bestiality meme imposes a hefty -50 opinion malus with the other factions, so we're constantly engaging in hospitality (as per the mod) to try to charm our neighbors who deign to visit.  And every time a guest gets grossed-out after catching one of our ladies getting knotted by a wolf, our extremely talented prostitute is there to distract them.  Except for the visitors who hate acts of carnality, she can only just about break even with those prudes.

We also hollowed out a mountain to serve as a freezer, as per the dwarf-crab tendency.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, ghostfalll said:

Multi-threading or anything that at least partially fixes how crazy slow the game eventually runs... playing on normal/slowest speed gets really tedious unless necessary for combat.

Play with an SSD and a half decent processor and it's a non issue. (including load times)

The only slowdowns I experience is usually from mod conflicts. When I get a good modset running with no noticeable conflicts I can go speed 3 start to finish and barely notice any slowdowns except for when a big raid lands on my doorstep.

• 3 weeks later...

On last two playthrough

1: was a commoner female neko lord chomomancer with her bard female neko lover that where exalt to an extreme desert to die where they built a capital to thier new empire using main groups of trained archospider for defense as enslaved capture prisoner as egg host for their archospider sexual release for the colonist but always took good took good care of the them with high end meal, countress level rooms. (this was before ideonology.)

2: is a individualist/transhumanist/transcendent/tree connect mercenary company that see utahraptors as holy guard animals that believe in focus on advancing technology and magic in ways to not harm nature (mostly druids, shamans, & technomancers) in their quest to find the archonexis and emanate all rapist privates and rapist slavers groups on the planet in a biomes that changes every year. (only allow to use watermill, windmill, solar, geothermal, and vanometric power cells for power.)

• 3 weeks later...

Trying out a darker sex cult this time around, with a lot more "anything goes," from incest and zoophilia to rape and cannibalism.  Also going all-in with using Hospitality to set up a brothel (which is difficult when the surrounding ideoligions dislike extramarital sex), and for the clincher, I'm trying out the "Eldritch" ideoligion type from Vanilla Expanded to make it a proper cult.

The result has been... underwhelming.  The "Corruption" mechanic from Vanilla Expanded is just another need bar you have to manage by building monoliths in your colony and holding regular rituals, and it takes a lot of rituals to get that bar up.  And by "ritual" I mean a specific "incantation" ritual for eldritch ideoligions, none of the normal rituals you pick for your ideoligion generate Corruption.  And there's nothing to do with Corruption once you generate it, it's not like a resource you can expend for sinister boons or anything.  The only benefit I can see from going the eldritch route is that your colonists don't seem to lose certainty as long as their Corruption isn't empty, with the downside that if it does run out, they're very easy to flip.

Makes me wonder how that dedicated Sex Cult mod under development somewhere is progressing.

I liked giving the main pawn all the bionic upgrades and giving them the vatgrown soldier or whatever backstory. Then I have them start up a slave trade to fund building another rocket to get off the planet. (Usually slaughtering the whole group right before leaving.) The issue is that I'm burnt out on the game these days, RJW got me back into it for awhile, but it's hard to get as immersed as I used to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Last few times i tried to build a kind of lewd Hogwarts, with classrooms and pawnmorpher (+medieval pawnmorpher) for the actual danger of getting turned into a sapient animal.

Sadly mostly turns out to be a re-education camp for raiders rather than a school for young mages.

The dungeon usually gets pretty full after a little time so i can convert them and bestow magic. I use undead from Rimworld of Magic to keep the 'castle' clean while the main characters start to educate in their best skill.

Buuuut tbh, whenever i try to set the sex need decay from rjw towards maximum everyone is just going off somewhere to masturbate instead of fucking right there in the classrooms. :/

I only play as Kurins from Deluxe Edition, I usually use chemical warfare and trade mainly gas shells and drugs. I never recruit from hostile factions, all raiders get executed. Ancients found in cryosleep caskets are the only exception, other than that I wait for someone to join or buy/rescue people from slave ships. I sell useful stuff such as medicine and weapons to Kurin factions, everyone else gets only drugs.

I also destroy my base right before leaving the planet. I get a feeling that leaving too much evidence would be a bad idea. Executing all captives is not necessarily something to brag about. Or making human leather furniture. Or human leather hats. Or using nerve agent.

With Biotech its now possible to play a family/clan like in Crusader Kings or Sims. That's what I'm doing right now.

I try to only play with mechanics that are already in vanilla Rimworld. That means I have only 20 mods active and RJW is not one of them because it just adds/changes too much. Only notable mods active are "Map Designer", "Reasonable Components", "Rimefeller" and "Rimatomics". Rest is UI/QoL.

That also means that I don't need to "roleplay" around mod inconsistencies.

Started with a family of blonde, white supremacists who built a huge mansion next to a mountain. One of the servants of the clan later somehow became a vampire (long story), which made him the real MVP in the house. Prisoners now act mostly as legless hemogen farms. Family members are afraid of their next social fight with the vampire. And the clan leader is afraid of children who aren't blonde (has not happened yet, thank god).

Also the mansion once started in a warm forest biome, but some advanced alien species decided to start some experiments here, now its 10 degrees colder than normal. Vampire is still waiting for the eternal night.

Physical love is actually set to "Spouse only (moderate)", and I am glad that I did that. I am already drowning in (blonde) offspring.

Edited by AthelstanDied