Do any Rimworld downloads in the forum contain malware?

Heyo,

I downloaded a bunch of Rimworld as of recent and being my paranoid self, I'm paranoid that they might be malicious.

I downloaded the unofficial version of RimNude that was posted in the 'addons' section of RimJobWorld and got a few more addons. Are the downloads in the Rimworld forum/downloads tab safe?

Overall, I wanted to ask, are the forums well moderated? Can I download mods from this site without being paranoid? I have been for a while now, but only recently have I been getting doubts.

We try to check everything to avoid all possible malaware and trojans.

We do not allow any kind of "exe" file to be uploaded, and also files like DLLs or similar are checked.

We also decompress the archives to be sure there is nothing inside.

33 minutes ago, Ed86 said:

I knew it !!!

All those LIERS on the internet saying that no one cares!

Now i have a proof than its not paranoia but im being watched!

You are watched only in case of sex. If not nobody cares. At least here.

12 hours ago, Ed86 said:

I knew it !!!

All those LIERS on the internet saying that no one cares!

Now i have a proof than its not paranoia but im being watched!

I think what @CPU meant is that the staff check the downloadable files themselves for malware, not who or if someone downloaded them.

Some mods have more than 1 million downloads, I don't think anyone cares what you download here. Hell, even if they would, what would they get out of that info, that you like to mod your games to have sex stuff? Who cares?!

Edited by MrMerpDerp
Changing mods to staff to make the post more understandable, as I used mods in reference to staff and mods in reference to game modding.
1 minute ago, MrMerpDerp said:

I think what @CPU meant is that the staff check the downloadable files themselves for malware, not who or if someone downloaded them.

Some mods have more than 1 million downloads, I don't think anyone cares what you download here. Hell, even if they would, what would they get out of that info, that you like to mod your games to have sex stuff? Who cares?!

He was joking

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 11:29 AM, Nevershouldhavecomehere said:

In being on LL longer than I feel comfortable with admitting, I have not seen any major malware or suspicious files being uploaded sans maybe one or two quickly resolved incidents. That being said, do not be a dumbass and launch random stuff from people you don't trust.

I mean, I'm obviously not that dumb to open random .exe files.