FNIS Error code 76 LE

Hello,

I have an issue with fnis today suddenly, been laying for awhile and modding through guides, am not tech savy(am a doctor) and always follow instructions. So today fnis suddenly started giving this error;

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'G:\Games\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DebugData.txt'.

before it has been working great, my log is

FNIS Behavior V7.6   9/14/2021 9:30:33 AM
Skyrim 32bit: 1.9.32.0 - G:\Games\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary Edition\

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading Bathing in Skyrim V1.11m ... 
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading M2MAnimations V9.0 ... 
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ... 
Reading SAMPoses V?.? ... 
Reading SexLab V1.62 ... 
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 13 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'G:\Games\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DebugData.txt'.

Have read around the net for close to 2 hours now and no solution yet, i use mo2 and used goher's guide for fnis and t worked fine, also to note that if i disable sexlab then it doesnt give the error even though lab has been running for 3-4 days without any issue. The path is set properly in the executable directory as well, overwrite not being used ,made an empty mod the whole thing, my fnis is in mod2 folder and nowhere near game directory... any help would be most appreciated.
11 hours ago, Seriyuu said:

Hello,

I have an issue with fnis today suddenly, been laying for awhile and modding through guides, am not tech savy(am a doctor) and always follow instructions. So today fnis suddenly started giving this error;

before it has been working great, my log is

FNIS Behavior V7.6   9/14/2021 9:30:33 AM
Skyrim 32bit: 1.9.32.0 - G:\Games\Games\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Legendary Edition\

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading Bathing in Skyrim V1.11m ... 
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading M2MAnimations V9.0 ... 
Reading SAMPoses V?.? ... 
Reading SexLab V1.62 ... 
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 13 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

Have read around the net for close to 2 hours now and no solution yet, i use mo2 and used goher's guide for fnis and t worked fine, also to note that if i disable sexlab then it doesnt give the error even though lab has been running for 3-4 days without any issue. The path is set properly in the executable directory as well, overwrite not being used ,made an empty mod the whole thing, my fnis is in mod2 folder and nowhere near game directory... any help would be most appreciated.

First of all FNIS should be in the game directory, second it's reporting you are missing a folder and a txt. Try reinstalling FNIS in the game directory.

Immagine1.png

Immagine.png

3 hours ago, lisander68 said:

First of all FNIS should be in the game directory,

No it should not. It should be in the Data directory as is shown in your screenshots. MO may well put it somewhere else.

second it's reporting you are missing a folder and a txt.

No it is not. It is saying that part of the path is missing which may be a folder or a file or both. My guess would be that either this part is wrong:

G:\Games\Games\

That is to say that there is not be two 'Games' folders but somehow the path has two.

Or:

FNIS is not correctly set up with MO. I don't use MO myself but that path does not look like it belongs to MO.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

No it should not. It should be in the Data directory as is shown in your screenshots. MO may well put it somewhere else.

I misquoted the path, the screens are still effective. It sounds very strange to have two identical paths. It almost looks like a Games folder was created in which there is another one. I installed FNIS with NMM (NexusModManager). 

Thankyou for the relies, no the games games s actually a directory  created ts not a fluke, fins s somehow reading my game directory where my game is instead of the mo2 directory where fins is installed so thats what is confusing me. As i sad uninstalling sexlab makes fins work great loadng animatons from other mods properly i dunno gonna try a reinstall of fins  didnt want to do that as have heard of t pose issues and others but oh well.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

No it is not. It is saying that part of the path is missing which may be a folder or a file or both. My guess would be that either this part is wrong:

That is to say that there is not be two 'Games' folders but somehow the path has two.

Or:

FNIS is not correctly set up with MO. I don't use MO myself but that path does not look like it belongs to MO.

nope its not its the location of the game directory, as i saii already setup paths properly n the executables settngs of mo2.

1 hour ago, Seriyuu said:

fins s somehow reading my game directory where my game is instead of the mo2 directory where fins is installed so thats what is confusing me.

1 hour ago, Seriyuu said:

nope its not its the location of the game directory, as i saii already setup paths properly n the executables settngs of mo2.

Something is wrong somewhere. You need to review setting up FNIS with MO2. Are you running FNIS from within MO2?

15 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Something is wrong somewhere. You need to review setting up FNIS with MO2. Are you running FNIS from within MO2?

Yes, just as it is explained in guide videos like gohers etc, and it was working fine just half hour before this issue arose out of nowhere.

Update, potential work around(minor fix) Exiting the mod manager completely and restarting the computer seems to work, fins then works fine, registers all animations and they work properly in the game. Exiting from the game, installing a new animation mod etc and then running fins again breaks it again until the work around is repeated, leaving it here for anyone else having the issue.

If anyone finds a more permeant solution It would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to the problem.

14 hours ago, Seriyuu said:

Update, potential work around(minor fix) Exiting the mod manager completely and restarting the computer seems to work, fins then works fine, registers all animations and they work properly in the game. Exiting from the game, installing a new animation mod etc and then running fins again breaks it again until the work around is repeated, leaving it here for anyone else having the issue.

If anyone finds a more permeant solution It would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to the problem.

try updating fnis to the xxl version, the number of animations or their weight are relative. I have at least 10000 of them and fnis reads them without problems. I also had problems with fnis until I updated it. It doesn't hurt to try 

19 hours ago, Seriyuu said:

I suggest doing a clean re-installation of FNIS, check out this video guide for the same. Do revert your issue is resolved or if you need more help.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy so I'm not the only one with this sudden jarring issue it seems. By the way guys, I just wanted to add that initially I assumed it was an animation limit problem so I started disabling the mods one by one. But after finally removing Sexlab Framework, the error goes away. I tried with my other "family-friendly" MO profiles and it ran without issues as well. I'm about to try again tonight by re-installing Sexlab to see if it works.

Edited by Hyen<A>
10 hours ago, Hyen&lt;A&gt; said:

Oh boy so I'm not the only one with this sudden jarring issue it seems. By the way guys, I just wanted to add that initially I assumed it was an animation limit problem so I started disabling the mods one by one. But after finally removing Sexlab Framework, the error goes away. I tried with my other "family-friendly" MO profiles and it ran without issues as well. I'm about to try again tonight by re-installing Sexlab to see if it works.

There are a couple of fixes listed in this thread also tracking error 76 if you haven't seen it yet

13 hours ago, Marg597 said:

There are a couple of fixes listed in this thread also tracking error 76 if you haven't seen it yet

I actually already just got it fixed but thanks for the suggestion. 

In case anyone is wondering, re-installing Sexlab didn't work. But, a similar thread suggested that Windows Defender is the culprit. After adding FNIS and Nemesis to the exception list the tool works again. I even turned off real time protection for good measure.

edit: The link Marg597 provided is exactly how to fix the issue.

Edited by Hyen<A>
32 minutes ago, Seriyuu said:

This issue should be considered solved and thread closed, if thats a thing here first time posting here. Thankyou all once again for prompt responses and help, much appreciated.

I think you can tag it as [Solved] by editing the title