The XBox One / PS4 Discussion Thread

Monsto Brukes

What does the xbox one mean to you?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What does the xbox one mean to you?

• So What. (ambivalent.)
    • Where do I pre order? (phenominal!)
    • WTF is wrong with you, MS?! (horrible!)

Damn, I really wanted them to lose this race. Not that I am going to buy a Xbone or PS4 anyway, but I don't think Microsoft deserves to take peoples hard earned money after this fuckfest.

The fact that they actually swallowed their corporate pride makes them better than EA at least.

I still think keeping the country region lock is going to screw them over, but Sony shouldn't have free reign on the market.

In this case, Sony's open mockery and consumer fury forced Microsoft to change, but I don't want to know what would happen if either of them had a monopoly on the console market.

Damn, I really wanted them to lose this race.

I really can't stand this kind of attitude. Wanting people you don't like to fail as opposed to wanting people you do like to succeed is incredibly unhealthy way of thinking both in terms of business but also in general. Can't you just be happy for the successes of those you actually root for?

Not that I am going to buy a Xbone or PS4 anyway, but I don't think Microsoft deserves to take peoples hard earned money after this fuckfest.

Yes, god forbid people try to redeem themselves.

do you ppl really think they pulled back because of the outcry of the ppl? NO

after the navy times implying M$ is alienating all service member they pulled back (thats the real reason for me)

in this time anti soldier is much of a anti america scenario M$ is more afraid of bad press and image loss( not that there is much left) than bitching gamer

do you ppl really think they pulled back because of the outcry of the ppl? NO

after the navy timeshttp://www.navytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030 implying M$ is alienating all service member they pulled back thats the real reason for me

in this time anti soldier is much of a anti america scenario M$ is more afraid of bad press and image loss( not that there is much left) than bitching gamer

What and you really think alienating the military alone caused them to back off?

They had to have known they were going to do that to begin with. It's clearly been a combination of consumer outrage, Sony's open mockery and yes the military outcry didn't help either.

I doubt Microsoft's shareholders were happy that their stock was going down since the Xbox One reveal either.

do you read the article ?? the navy times is practicly burning M$ alive and THAT is more their PR can manage

the customer demand change they ignore it but the Military self leads the charge on M$ thats an PR nightmare and that is something you cant ignore or sweettalk so yes the Navy Times initiate the change yes.

Damn, I really wanted them to lose this race.

I really can't stand this kind of attitude. Wanting people you don't like to fail as opposed to wanting people you do like to succeed is incredibly unhealthy way of thinking both in terms of business but also in general. Can't you just be happy for the successes of those you actually root for?

Not that I am going to buy a Xbone or PS4 anyway, but I don't think Microsoft deserves to take peoples hard earned money after this fuckfest.

Yes, god forbid people try to redeem themselves.

Sure... that's what they are trying to do "redeem" themselves , you must have to force your self to believe that . They showed their true colors when they tried to force consumers to pay them every last penny , people still going ' now I'll buy a X1 derp derp ' ,  why ? PS4 has better price ,better hardware, better online service and didn't try to fuck you from the ass .

Sure... that's what they are trying to do "redeem" themselves , you must have to force your self to believe that . They showed their true colors when they tried to force consumers to pay them every last penny , people still going ' now I'll buy a X1 derp derp ' ,  why ? PS4 has better price ,better hardware, better online service and didn't try to fuck you from the ass .

Yes, it's redeeming. They came up with an idea, people didn't like it, so they changed it. Honestly, you sound like you're taking this personally or something.

Mere pedantry; in the long run that's just an extra step added to what I've just been saying.

And besides, getting mad at businesses for being businesses is like getting mad at video games. It's pointless. Need I remind you that Sony and Nintendo are also businesses that are in it for the money? How does that make them any different in this regard?

Need I remind you that I never said they were not doing it for the money , it makes things different because both sony as well as nintendo have been consumer friendly , while microsoft clearly hasn't . As for buying an x1 you are grown men I'm not here to patronize you or make decisions with your money but buying a one will be a waste of your money and a bad message to companies that they can take things to the extreme with no consequences .

I don't regard Nintendo as consumer friendly when they are so stupid as to place region locks even onto handhelds. Which is a despicable move in order to force people to wait for them to decide when they want to stock games in a given region and pay over the odds.

They're all out to do business, and they all make terrible decisions on occasion, after all last gen it was Sony who was the laughing stock of E3 with their unrealistic pricing expectations for the PS3.

Microsoft made an idiotic, consumer loathing decision and it bit them in the ass and rightly so. But they changed their decision.

This doesn't earn them any points, but it does stop them being a complete and utter joke.

Just watch, the xbone will get released and further down the road this drm thing is going to be back. Microsoft says its gone but words mean nothing. They just want people to buy their box, which wasn't happening so they spin this bullshit to make people think they are listening, then when everyone buys it they will probably add something worse than DRM.

DRM will happen regardless, so I don't get why people are... being people. Micosoft just did a terrible job with their pr by trying to get the publishers on their side earlier than Sony, it failed badly.

I still doubt that the xbox will be a flop, we are just hearing the loud majority but those aren't all the potential buyers. PS3 was also in a bad spot in the previous generation and right now it has sold more units than the 360.

I think I am becoming more and more of a PC gamer..I didn't even bother renewing my Xbox Live membership when it expired. I barely use the thing anymore..

Regarding the Xbox One - I am not happy with the price, I am not happy with the name and I am not happy with the Kinect being thrown in.

In case people were wondering - Allegedly, Microsoft has done away with check-ins, DRM and region-locking though, so I guess that's a good thing. 

It's all very confusing and as a consumer I don't like being confused about what a product will or will not offer.

If I were to consider purchasing a next generation console, despite not being a fan of the Ps3, at this point in time I would opt for the Ps4.

Archived