The XBox One / PS4 Discussion Thread

Monsto Brukes

What does the xbox one mean to you?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What does the xbox one mean to you?

• So What. (ambivalent.)
    • Where do I pre order? (phenominal!)
    • WTF is wrong with you, MS?! (horrible!)

The Kinect? Oh yes Microsoft! Make sure we can turn that off completely! That'll TOTALLY make everything better and make us forgive the fact that you're forcing hardware onto us that we don't even want, a huge chunk of your console's power is devoted entirely to an oversized and useless processing system, you have absolutely no regard for the fact that you're trying to sell a video game console, you're charging us for playing a game we're burrowing from a friend, all the games are going to require an internet connection every 24 hours even if you want to play single-player mode, and you're trying too hard to step on the toes of television, let alone computers. BUT WE GOTTA MAKE SURE that the thing you're going to try to be saying "Xbox On" to can't hear you! SO important!

Look, I get it. A lot of people used their Xbox 360s for their netflix compatibility. I remember when I used to use Xbox Live seeing my friends list filled with people who were netflixing, so it's good you recognize the trends of your consumer base and cater to their needs. I totally respect that. And personally I don't really mind the Kinect all that much as long as Microsoft isn't doing anything funny with it on their end. But the always-online thing, no doubt a form of DRM, and the charging for used games? That's gotta go. If you MUST have the always-online thing then make Xbox Live free.

I like it how the way they said that implies they had to go back and change the console to be able to turn off completely.

I must be blind how can people say they would buy the xbox 'one' ? What possible reason is there to make you want to buy this device ?

It's basically a fancy remote for dumb people that don't realize screaming at their TV and waving their arms around is more effort than pressing a button and comes with a monthly subscription fee.

9720588-a-patriotic-soldier-saluting-in-

It's not shitting on xbox, it's shitting on the parameters of "owning" one.

and by "owning" i mean "shelling out $$$ for a box that allows you to pay subscription $$$ for things that you used to own in the past and do what you wanted to with it."

You guys are shitting all over the XBOX but Sony will probably do the same.

Apparently not. RIP Xbox One, dead before you were even released. T'is a cruel world this one.

I wasn't completely mistaken, Sony is simply delegating the decision to the publishers, smart.

You guys are shitting all over the XBOX but Sony will probably do the same.

Apparently not. RIP Xbox One, dead before you were even released. T'is a cruel world this one.

I wasn't completely mistaken, Sony is simply delegating the decision to the publishers, smart.

That's the thing though, there is business, and there is business. Business is when you fleece your customers here and there but do it subtly, lightly and discreetly to an extent the customer more or less knows he is being ripped off in one way or another but goes along with it anyway. And then there is "business" where you basically stick out your middle finger to your customer and tell him to his face what an idiot he is and how you're going to fuck him over.

I'll let you decide which one Microsoft falls under. 

Archived