I orginally posted this in the wrong subforum.  So I am posting in the proper location.  I have added a second instance of MO2 for "testing" to try and sort my issue out before attempting the fix on my main MO2 install.  I put in a minimal amount of mods I figured if I can  not sort the bodies out with this then the other would be a no go since it is about 250 mods deep.   The issue I am having is a Error(76) when I add sexlab or animation packs.  When those are not added FNIS works fine.  I have attached 2 screen shots the only difference between the two is the activation of sexlab. Running as admin does not help.

Capture 0.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

When you initially installed fnis into MO, did you go to MO/Mods/Fnis and launch GenerateFnisForUsers.exe first in there, prior to launching/running fnis from with-in MO. 

I remember from Gopher/Gamer Poets videos for MO users and we had to do that, I think this might define your file path which is what error is saying. 

I believe where you are at you would have to reinstall FNIS, add it as executable, circle back to MO/Mods/Fnis and launch GeneratFnisFUsers.exe there, first. Then open MO up and run it from executable moving forward. 

-not related to problem, just something I seen in link GreyCloud left you. I dont make new mod with fnis output that goes in my MO overwrite folder, I drag and drop that output into my fnis folder in left window of MO. Never had fnis problems, never did it any different.  

27 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

When you initially installed fnis into MO, did you go to MO/Mods/Fnis and launch GenerateFnisForUsers.exe first in there, prior to launching/running fnis from with-in MO. 

I remember from Gopher/Gamer Poets videos for MO users and we had to do that, I think this might define your file path which is what error is saying. 

I believe where you are at you would have to reinstall FNIS, add it as executable, circle back to MO/Mods/Fnis and launch GeneratFnisFUsers.exe there, first. Then open MO up and run it from executable moving forward. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I typically do the same thing I dont make a new mod I usually drag and drop it as well.  I read through the link GreyCloud left in the other thread hence the "base install" i am using for testing right now.  I tried your suggestion in this order.

I loaded fnis uninstalled creatures removed fnis,  closed mo2, checked mod folder that everything was removed,  started mo2 installed fnis xxl, installed spells merging files, installed creatures merging files,  closed mo2, started fnis from folder "it complained about not being ran properly" closed fnis,  started mo2 ran fnis again still got error(76), however the overwrite folder shows DebugData.txt.  I am at a loss.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong this time to be honest.

Capture.thumb.PNG.5a70c4b2a69fcdac924e5d8205bb29e8.PNG

I have ran fnis hundreds of times before with no issue but for some reason this is kicking my ass.  

59 minutes ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

-not related to problem, just something I seen in link GreyCloud left you. I dont make new mod with fnis output that goes in my MO overwrite folder, I drag and drop that output into my fnis folder in left window of MO. Never had fnis problems, never did it any different.  

The potential problem with that is if you delete a mod that has animations in it.

If you create a new mod every time you run FNIS, it's easy to delete it and just make a new FNIS output mod.  No animation data looking for the esp/esm it's associated with.

If you just copy it into your FNIS folder, and then delete the mod, the old animation data will still be there, but not the esp it came from.  That might lead to the T-pose bug.

8 hours ago, tinkergnome621 said:

"it complained about not being ran properly"

got to clarify, you ran generatefnis for USERS? 

You never answered from LE forum, your data doesnt have left over stuff from previous managers, particularly a tools folder? Make no mistake i am grasping at straws with you and dont think that could be issue but the warning  message is virtually(MO pun) saying something about data folder. 

8 hours ago, tinkergnome621 said:

however the overwrite folder shows DebugData.txt. 

once again grasping at straws, I would throw that file from overwrite into fnis mod in left window of MO and rerun fnis, that is atleast where it should be. 

8 hours ago, travelmedic said:

The potential problem with that is if you delete a mod that has animations in it.

sorry but absolutely no problem with that, all you ever throw into fnis folder is fnis output stuff that you get when you run fnis, 3 folders and a txt file or two. If you remove a mod with animations you simple rerun fnis and rinse and repeat. Anything that ever goes into overwrite needs/should to put(drag and dropped) into parent mod(left window MO) 

Check this out OP, particular first response, there is an Imgur link with decent info. 

19 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

got to clarify, you ran generatefnis for USERS? 

You never answered from LE forum, your data doesnt have left over stuff from previous managers, particularly a tools folder? Make no mistake i am grasping at straws with you and dont think that could be issue but the warning  message is virtually(MO pun) saying something about data folder. 

sorry yes I am running the GenerateFNIS_for_Users.   I also completely nuked MO as well as SSE and no change.

once again grasping at straws, I would throw that file from overwrite into fnis mod in left window of MO and rerun fnis, that is atleast where it should be.

Tried this first before I started to bug you guys and that didnt do anything :/

Check this out OP, particular first response, there is an Imgur link with decent info.

I tried that as well before bugging you guys.  And no dice unfortunatly.  Might try poking my head into there and see if they have any other suggestions.

Wonder if there is some weird windows or drive permission shennagins going on maybe I dont know. I would hate to nuke my rig and try again only to find that it did not change anything.

And yeah Heroine HoneyCrotch I am throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks.  Kind of wish Fore was still around to at least point in a direction.  I mean if I knew what caused the error I could work on fixing that.  But the error is kind of generic and does not really give any ideas if it is a rw issue a symlink issue or anything.

If you're still having the issue and you already have the "Create files in mod instead of overwrite" option, try deleting said mod and recreating an empty one with the same name (in my case it's named FD). I know it sounds simple but that fix the issue for me for whatever reason.image.png.c18d685b09b8f50cb7ad7ef7c26a8d0a.png

On 8/28/2021 at 3:06 AM, Newmu said:

If you're still having the issue and you already have the "Create files in mod instead of overwrite" option, try deleting said mod and recreating an empty one with the same name (in my case it's named FD). I know it sounds simple but that fix the issue for me for whatever reason.image.png.c18d685b09b8f50cb7ad7ef7c26a8d0a.png

Hi. I've done that too but for some reason it still didn't work. I'm not experiencing the issue anymore, though. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Guessing you are not still trying to fix this - but you should try adding both Nemesis + FNIS to the Windows Defender exception list.

If you are using another form of antivirus, then i guess you could try the same on that - i can can only say adding it (FNIS/Nemesis) to Windows Defender work in my attempt, not sure if it would be the same with other versions.

Had the same issue, and this fixed it.

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. FNIS was working FINE for years, it's only started having an issue in the last week, wtf

None of my animals have animations even if I stop using the creatures mods. Something definitely screwy and it always throws error 76

On 9/18/2021 at 5:49 AM, T-lam said:

Fnis has to be installed via Data Tab and right click the exe, add as executable.

NOT via Icon add executable.

Reveal hidden contents

FNIS.jpg.55009464ce455e642575aed34542640b.jpg

Tried this, it's still saying it can't write to the datadebug text file. One thing I did notice is that the data debug is flagged red there for some reason though

image.thumb.png.ad1dddea16860a31360fe5cad8975497.png

Edited by NoppaiKohai

Thanks, MaxRex, for pointing in the right direction.

This is a new issue, perhaps something changed with the latest windows 10 update and FNIS is now considered a threat after you've run it a few times.

I tried everything else that has to do with redirecting fies to different folders and all MO2 settings, nothing worked. I was about to give up.

The thing that finally solved it for me was to temporarily turn off malware protection in windows security  (plus everything above).

12 hours ago, maymlord said:

This works for LE to, just Wangblows not trusting it's users :)

Thankfuck this fix it. I'm using MO2 and for some reason it just kept giving this

Capture.PNG.74b79ecb961842c29ac6c69120237c3f.PNG

The moment I disable Real time Protection, it proceeded smoothly with no errors. Now how can I do this while still having real time up? Freakin windows man

7 hours ago, RighteousAnger said:

Thankfuck this fix it. I'm using MO2 and for some reason it just kept giving this

Capture.PNG.74b79ecb961842c29ac6c69120237c3f.PNG

The moment I disable Real time Protection, it proceeded smoothly with no errors. Now how can I do this while still having real time up? Freakin windows man

Did you add all three exlutions in the quoted post? Tried only adding the FNIS for users exe first and it didn't work but adding the folders fixed it for me, only replacing the SE searchways with LE ones.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:30 PM, MaxRex said:

Then Restart PC

1916841158_DesktopScreenshot2021_09.21-11_26_54_82.png.b8b210a8062f29ecb422ce740824ee96.png

Had the same problem, and this worked out for me. Thanks a lot mate!

Also, the same problem happened on my Nemesis. Same problem of not being able to find a particular file in a filepath. Putting Nemesis in the Exclusions also worked. Im guessing that MO2 is having trouble with the filepaths of its virtual data folder.