My little list of WW nags, probably already discussed...

First off, let me be clear: WW is an awesome mod, I'm amazed on how much work went into it and how good everything usually works!

But this is a little list of WW annoyances/questions/suggestions, and while I'm sure each of them have been discussed elsewhere, maybe someone has a suggestion here to make life easier for me or circumvent some bugs/annoyances without me having to search each point for hours. So let's start, in no particular order since this is just an unsorted list of brainfarts... might update while I'm running into other things while playing.

1. Sorting animations: The sheer amount of animations and mixed animation packs are overwhelming, especially when one of those giant packs covers everything from super-cute romantic to totally over the top BDSM, and quality varies wildly. If I could make a wish, I'd like a context menu item for a currently running animation, not having to write each of them down and go through the whole sorting process. Just a one click on "don't play this animation in the future"
Furthermore, I'm not sure if most animations come with any tags or such, but I'd love to be able to easily sort out everything that's not to my taste, like "don't play toy animations" or "no rough sex", "no occult" and so on... if anyone has a suggestion on how to make sorting easier...,

2. Why, oh why, are couples never choosing their own damn beds, even when they are standing right next to it? Instead they walk all across the lot to the teenager's bed only to give them the shock of their life. Is there a setting to control/limit this? Sure, I could set up a "no sex" sign or lock doors, but then the shocked teen could not have fun in the future either.

3. Really awkward situations, like a Sim carrying a toddler to bed, on the way deciding that masturbation would be fun and getting straight to it, setting the toddler down in front of the bed they have fun on. :D
While on that topic, maybe something could prevent currently busy Sims from suddenly wanting to masturbate and wait until they're bored or at least not busy? :)

4. Personalized "red lines" like in NWP would be cool, so that each Sim can decide how far they'd usually go.

5. Technical, might be discussed elsewhere - in my busy Strip club often everything comes to a halt for 10 minutes or so while one or two dancers are active, seems like scripts are running wild and often the only fix is going out to the main menu. Sometimes the problem fixes itself when a dance is over though, so I guess it's the animations taking up all resources (for reference, not the lowest end system: 9600k, game runs from SSD, 32GB RAM, RX580)

Edited by picket
9 minutes ago, picket said:

if anyone has a suggestion on how to make sorting easier...,

1. Not in a quick and easy fashion.

But when an animation is playing you don't like, hit pause, shift+click on a sim in sex and choose 'Disable this Animation'.

It won't be used for WW autonomy anymore.

You can also disable autonomy for an entire category like Teasing or Anal by each Author or one at a time.

WW Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Disable Animations

Pick the Author first...and then the Category.

Select all or each one by one with green boxes and when finished hit the green check mark on lower right.

It will move all these into the right side box for disabled animations.

Disabled animations will be saved and loaded with each new game start.

2. Beds, the only way to prevent everyone else from using another sims bed is to shift+click on the bed and disable for autonomy or use No Sex Signs.

(You can also lock the door for only your sim and or allow another household member but others won't be able to enter the room)

3. Best to just disable solo sex and use manual mode if wanted.

WW Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings > Triggers

(I also disable the Off Lot and Travel triggers)

Off Lot Trigger, Sims might drop what they're doing and run 10 miles down the street to use a bench or picnic table with another NPC.  

Travel Trigger, When traveling you might see sims already going at it at public venues or other homes as soon as you arrive.

The other option is to turn down the frequency(how often)  sims do solo sex.

WW Settings > Sex Settings > Autonomy Settings >Autonomy Specifics > Solo Sex Frequency (set to 0.05 to start and adjust as needed)

(Might have to go even lower if sim doesn't get normal sex often enough or if they are in flirty moods).   

I have to look for the very first one, seems to be the exact thing I wished for, thanks!

As for the disabling of categories, the problem is that of course most of us don't have a problem with the broad categories there, like "vaginal", but sorted into those are various tastes... of course I don't want to disable vaginal sex, but I'd like to disable e.g. r*pe-like animations, dildos, hovering in the air etc. I guess my wish was more for more categories, like disable "toys", disable "rough". "Teasing" especially is all sorts of things, from absolutely required to absolutely not required, and authors of giant packs have all tastes in the same pack it seems. :)

The bed problem is, that the real owner of the bed should of course not be stopped from having their own fun there, so the no sex signs or locking doors are no options. I just wish the Sims would use their own beds first.

I'll look into disabling solo completely, I guess it's more an annoyance at this point than "interesting", even though my aim is not having to micromanage and having sims do their stuff naturally without me giving commands.  :)

Edited by picket
2 minutes ago, picket said:

I just wish the Sims would use their own beds first.

Only for sleeping if you assign the bed to them.

I always have an extra unused bedroom for a sex location that anybody can use.

Then I use the no signs in all the others.

I also don't like sims going up and down the stairs constantly for sex either so I tend to disable every room on the second level.

The upper level is for sleeping and bathroom use or other normal sim activities.

Other sims in household need to use the toilet or bed and can't if it's in use by WW so it disrupts normal activities.

No problem if your household only has one or two sims tho. 

• 3 weeks later...

So here are some more:

1. I can't get WW, especially in group (3+) but also sometimes in couple situations, from mixing up gender/roles and constantly run into 2 females giving each other blowjobs... it's extremely annoying and I just can't find a way to stop it, besides maybe disabling the animation, but that would mean the animation won't be available in situations where it fits either. Of course I set the gender recognition settings, checked if the individual Sims are set to the correct sex/role type (they are). Is it an issue with specific animations not being tagged correctly? Because I can't find anything wrong with the WW settings, and most normal couple interactions where I directly control 1 Sim work about 90% as expected, but two females in auto mode already fail half the time, if a third one joins they totally forget their gender and act mostly like a MMF, or on a lucky day, a FFM group. :(

2. I'm overwhelmed by the settings to prevent my custom/played Sims to take part in group sex (as in, Sims from played households who show up randomly when I play another household). I don't want to disable it altogether but only want unplayed Sims to do them randomly in Clubs.

3. Big wishlist item: Teen limitations. I'm okay with them having their first experiences, but I'd love to limit them a little to make it more believable, e.g. disable groups or certain animations for teens specifically.

Edited by picket
37 minutes ago, picket said:

Of course I set the gender recognition settings, checked if the individual Sims are set to the correct sex/role type (they are). Is it an issue with specific animations not being tagged correctly? Because I can't find anything wrong with the WW settings, and most normal couple interactions where I directly control 1 Sim work about 90% as expected, but two females in auto mode already fail half the time, if a third one joins they totally forget their gender and act mostly like a MMF, or on a lucky day, a FFM group.

For WW to use group sex it has to bypass gender rules because 2 out of 3 sims will be the same sex.

Animations tagged with (B) means both Males and Females can use them which means FF pairs will use MF animations and MM pairs will use MF animations.

Wait until you see two Males doing an MF animation.

Stupid I know but WW has no way to control them.

Animation Creators are crazy to use animations for every type of gender pairs.

Only way to stop it is by making all sims straight gender preference and forget about group sex.

And change the WW Gender Rules Settings.

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Sex Interaction Settings: Respect Gender Preference: ON (OFF ignores gender preference 2P)
/Cheats: Always Accept 0 or 1 Bar (2 Bars bypass gender rules)

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Awareness:

Player Sims: ON, Joining Sex: ON, Relationship Awareness: OFF,(Cheating)
Pregnancy Awareness: OFF, Sex Location Memory: ON, Sex Animation Memory: ON
Block around Children: (Your Choice)
***Joining Sex Gender Compliance: ON (OFF for sims to auto join in group sex)***
Joining Sex Relationship Compliance: OFF (ON=less joining in sex if in romantic relationships)

I think I'd rather disable group sex altogether than having to deal with these mismatches... is that the maximum sex actor limit (setting it to 2) in autonomy specifics? I wasn't sure if the high default (10) refers to a single animations or all sex happening on a lot at the same time (multiple couples in different places). 

And if I get the random BJ in a lesbian animation, would that be a mistagged animation or how does this happen, given that most animations work fine and there are more than enough FF (and MM) animations available? Or does WW assume females use strapons or something (which I hate and never install)?

22 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Sex Interaction Settings: Respect Gender Preference: ON (OFF ignores gender preference 2P)
/Cheats: Always Accept 0 or 1 Bar (2 Bars bypass gender rules)

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Awareness:

Player Sims: ON, Joining Sex: ON, Relationship Awareness: OFF,(Cheating)
Pregnancy Awareness: OFF, Sex Location Memory: ON, Sex Animation Memory: ON
Block around Children: (Your Choice)
***Joining Sex Gender Compliance: ON (OFF for sims to auto join in group sex)***
Joining Sex Relationship Compliance: OFF (ON=less joining in sex if in romantic relationships)

A little confusing because for my preferences I used almost the opposite settings - I disabled Player Sims and Joining Sex (because I was annoyed of them having group sex, esp. teens, and getting preggy from strangers) etc. - it seems to me that your suggested settings would increase my played Sims' activities rather than limit them. :)

Edited by picket
13 minutes ago, picket said:

I disabled Player Sims and Joining Sex (because I was annoyed of them having group sex,

Those settings I suggested stop group sex but Joining Off Setting is also a good one.

14 minutes ago, picket said:

teens, and getting preggy from strangers) etc

These are different settings.

WW Settings/Pregnancy Settings: Disable Pregnancies

WW Settings/Sex Settings:

Sex Interaction Settings:
Teen Sex Switch: OFF

WW Settings/Relationship Settings:
/Personality Settings:(Your Choice)
/Attractiveness Settings: (Your Choice)
Open Relationships: ON (Cheating)
Romance Age: OFF (Stops Teen/Adult Romance and Sex) 

If you have any Lesbian Couples they will use MF Animations with a Strap On.

Otherwise they are Air Fucking.

If you want to shut down all NPC-NPC random sex...

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Specifics:

NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (set to -20.0  to stop NPC-NPC Autonomous Sex)

WW has tons of settings to fix almost any issue.

Try my settings or don't but no reason to blame WW because you can tune it to your personal preference.

Ah, I think you didn't read the part in my post about teens - I'm okay with teen sex, but only "harmless" encounters appropriate for teens - they can mess around, but I don't want them in rough group sex situations with some elderly creeps on a Nightclub loo.

Edit: Oh hey! I didn't see that "Romance Age" toggle, that's a big help!

Pregnancies are a similar issue - I'm trying to have some control about them but don't want to disable them completely, e.g. my played Sims have relationships they continue autonomously and can get pregnant from, but I hate having them getting a baby from a cheap toilet fuck with a stranger in the Club. ;)
I think the only solution is to disable all group or even random encounters in Nightclubs, which is unfortunate because I like the idea of having my Sims running into an awkward situation, I just don't want them to autonomously join.

I guess I'm simply too picky and asking for more immersion than some scripts can handle. :)

As for the lesbians, it's only a few single animations that WW throws in, there are many very good FF animations and it seems that all of sudden a few MFs get thrown in by accident, it's usually always the same few (mostly BJs) so I thought they might be tagged wrong. I didn't want to disable them though because the animations are good if used in an appropriate MF combination.

And I don't "blame" WW at all, as I said in my first post I'm amazed how much it does and can only imagine how much work and skill went into it - but the problem is it's so deep it's almost impossible to grasp for a layman, I'm almost spending more time fiddling around in WW than actually playing the game. But also, I think at least with my animation problem if there's anything to blame it's probably the animation pack, not WW.

I also hope this won't come over as just a big complaint, one one hand I hope there's a trick to get a solution I didn't find, while other points might be taken as constructive criticism, like e.g. having a seperate "teen animation" filter or the like, if others think that might be a good idea.

Edited by picket
43 minutes ago, picket said:

my played Sims have relationships they continue autonomously and can get pregnant from, but I hate having them getting a baby from a cheap toilet fuck with a stranger in the Club.

You know you can make your sims with Relationships stay faithful and not cheat with other NPC's right?

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

You know you can make your sims with Relationships stay faithful and not cheat with other NPC's right?

Yeah, but I think what I need is a "harder to get, needs lots of flirting" setting... but wait, didn't I see something like that too? I have to check again... or check if I can do something with likes/dislikes.

Basically when I'm playing I'm okay with the concept, but not with the presentation if that makes sense. The sex situations are too casual, it goes too fast, playable Sims that are more romantic when the household is active just enter the club and jump into some random sex scene when they show up in auto mode and so on - my "trigger" for that part of the post was a rather innocent teenager who just had her first time (with a young adult, that's why I don't want to set it to "teens only") when last played, and when I switched to a different household I found her in a nightclub toilet with 3 old guys which was kinda wrong.  :)

Edited by picket

Okay, I guess I haven't looked nearly enough into the attractiveness system and if I can fix all my problems in there, I guess I should've tested a few hours what happens if I change stuff around in there, like disliking Elders. Doh... :(

27 minutes ago, picket said:

Okay, I guess I haven't looked nearly enough into the attractiveness system and if I can fix all my problems in there, I guess I should've tested a few hours what happens if I change stuff around in there, like disliking Elders. Doh... :(

Attractions don't play any real part in who does what with who.

It only adds some nice buffs after sex with attractive sims.

10 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Attractions don't play any real part in who does what with who.

It only adds some nice buffs after sex with attractive sims.

So if I set a Sim's preferences to e.g. dislike adult, dislike men, they'd still get into it on auto mode? That's a bit disappointing. :(

14 minutes ago, picket said:

dislike adult, dislike men, they'd still get into it on auto mode?

Dislike Men will just make them prefer Women I believe as it changes their Gender Preference.

The problem is Disliking both Males & Females makes them not care who they bang.

Same thing for selecting None.

If your trying to stop Teens from playing with Adults use the Romance Age OFF setting.

If an adult played sim you can adjust relationships to be higher before they will accept.

And use the Always Accept Cheat at 0 Bars.

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Specifics: Player to NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (set to -7.0 to start)

(Player sims will need to know the NPC's better before they will have casual sex with them)

(Adjust the negative number to -10.0 if they still do it with anybody and keep making adjustments to your liking)

(Sometimes if sims are flirty or desires are high and they can't find their partners or lovers they will do it with strangers anyway)

(I've had to go up to -15.0 to make them only do it with Highly Romantic Partners or Spouses)

(If your sim has Alluring and Sexually Alluring traits then NPC's are more likely to ask them for sex)

If you have the WW Dialogues Settings enabled they ask for sex on the screen with a box and you can pick yes/no.

This way you control who they do it with.

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Specifics: Player to NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (set to -7.0 to start)

(Player sims will need to know the NPC's better before they will have casual sex with them)

(Adjust the negative number to -10.0 if they still do it with anybody and keep making adjustments to your liking)

(Sometimes if sims are flirty or desires are high and they can't find their partners or lovers they will do it with strangers anyway)

(I've had to go up to -15.0 to make them only do it with Highly Romantic Partners or Spouses)

Thanks, this sounds exactly like the thing I have to play around with!

The description of the settings is highly misleading I think, I looked at it before and it sounded like nothing that could help me with my problem, it sounds like it just adds some friendship/romance points as a "reward" for an interaction. Also it sounded at first like I'd have to put in positive, not negative values - the description says "Sims need at least 2.15 points to create a sex couple", with the current values at 1.0 (NPC sex) and 0.0 (player/NPC) so I would've set it to like +5 thinking that'd increase that value currently at 2.15. I think get the logic now with your examples, but could never have guessed that on my own.

I'll try your suggested values, but I guess it'll take a while until I see the results.

As for the dialogue box, I'd find it highly annoying and unimmersive if it also pops up for Sims I'm not currently playing, so I'd rather leave it off and hope the above suggestion will be a better fix. :)

Edited by picket
18 minutes ago, picket said:

As for the dialogue box, I'd find it highly annoying and unimmersive if it also pops up for Sims I'm not currently playing, so I'd rather leave it off and hope the above suggestion will be a better fix.

You only need to enable one of them...

NPC asking Player for Sex

The other settings should stop them from asking anyway so it's just in case they do.

You shouldn't see that pop up at all or at least far less often.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

You only need to enable one of them...

NPC asking Player for Sex

The other settings should stop them from asking anyway so it's just in case they do.

You shouldn't see that pop up at all or at least far less often.

Doh, yeah, I should've thought that through. :)

There's a lot to read here so you might have went into more detail and I missed it, but I will focus on your original post because it comments on important matters that still need work.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, picket said:

First off, let me be clear: WW is an awesome mod, I'm amazed on how much work went into it and how good everything usually works!

But this is a little list of WW annoyances/questions/suggestions, and while I'm sure each of them have been discussed elsewhere, maybe someone has a suggestion here to make life easier for me or circumvent some bugs/annoyances without me having to search each point for hours. So let's start, in no particular order since this is just an unsorted list of brainfarts... might update while I'm running into other things while playing.

1. Sorting animations: The sheer amount of animations and mixed animation packs are overwhelming, especially when one of those giant packs covers everything from super-cute romantic to totally over the top BDSM, and quality varies wildly. If I could make a wish, I'd like a context menu item for a currently running animation, not having to write each of them down and go through the whole sorting process. Just a one click on "don't play this animation in the future"
Furthermore, I'm not sure if most animations come with any tags or such, but I'd love to be able to easily sort out everything that's not to my taste, like "don't play toy animations" or "no rough sex", "no occult" and so on... if anyone has a suggestion on how to make sorting easier...,

2. Why, oh why, are couples never choosing their own damn beds, even when they are standing right next to it? Instead they walk all across the lot to the teenager's bed only to give them the shock of their life. Is there a setting to control/limit this? Sure, I could set up a "no sex" sign or lock doors, but then the shocked teen could not have fun in the future either.

3. Really awkward situations, like a Sim carrying a toddler to bed, on the way deciding that masturbation would be fun and getting straight to it, setting the toddler down in front of the bed they have fun on. :D
While on that topic, maybe something could prevent currently busy Sims from suddenly wanting to masturbate and wait until they're bored or at least not busy? :)

4. Personalized "red lines" like in NWP would be cool, so that each Sim can decide how far they'd usually go.

5. Technical, might be discussed elsewhere - in my busy Strip club often everything comes to a halt for 10 minutes or so while one or two dancers are active, seems like scripts are running wild and often the only fix is going out to the main menu. Sometimes the problem fixes itself when a dance is over though, so I guess it's the animations taking up all resources (for reference, not the lowest end system: 9600k, game runs from SSD, 32GB RAM, RX580)

1. Tagging animations for context is an ongoing process and with it you can go to the Dynamic Animations Disabler (when it very soon becomes available) and disable all animations with a given context. That's one of the reasons certain context types are added, so you can specifically disable these animations rather than have an easier way finding them. I too would like to be able to manage animations better but there's a lot of catching up to do. If I understood what you mean right.

2. You're right, this should be better. Currently the scoring of environment doesn't actually target the bed, instead if a room contains a bed that they claimed, that room will be scored higher. I will increase that scoring for the next update, it's always good to tweak these values from users feedback.

3. I wasn't aware of this happening, I will have that adjusted soon, thank you! As for "busy", that's hard to define so you would need to provide some examples.

4. I don't actually know what you mean by that.

5. There isn't really something like resources limitations, whether your computer is slow or fast shouldn't make too major of a difference in simulation processing. The issues usually stems from the Sims involved, the way the location is built, what kind of objects are present at the location, and what other mods are used. There are basically limitless combinations of these elements making it hard for the simulation logic to handle. It might sound like a cop out answer but that is just an acknowledgment of high bar that is set by the game itself and mods used along with it.

There isn't really a straightforward solution but I can offer two things to help. If you don't have it, try my Simulation Unclogger mod, it might help depending on the case. And if you want to try to understand what's happening and what's actually halting the game, you can get my Simulation Lag Diagnostics tool which might at least help you provide more information for me if you find that the definitive source of the problem is WW.

Edited by TURBODRIVER
3 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

4. I don't actually know what you mean by that.

Oh, nice to get a reply from the author! :D

4. Refers to Nisa's Wicked Perversions and specifically the do's/don't settings you can choose as a Rose - you can e.g. choose that your Sim will only accept vaginal and no anal and so on. It would be nice to have such a setting for all Sims, some might be a little more shy or romantic, others more outgoing, and it really hurts to see some teens having their first time with a super-rough animation.

As for the other points in my original post, thanks for looking into it - for the time being I disabled masturbation, it got too annoying. I can imagine how much work and hassle it is to deal with all these animations and getting some sort of order into them, so all my naggings are of course not in any way meant to discredit the massive work you put into WW, it's more a wishlist for a perfect world, some points might never have a chance to get fixed, but maybe there's one you simply weren't aware of and know how to fix relatively easily.

My later posts dealt mostly with autonomous sex between player Sims (not actively played) and NPC Sims in random situations like clubs and how to prevent them from being too "slutty" without having to disable random Sex completely, e.g. by raising their threshold or requiring a certain (higher) level of romance than random NPCs before they get into it - again my trigger were teens who I'd imagine not being as outgoing as adults.

Oh, and I believe I already use your simulation unclogger, I'll check again to make sure.

Edit: I just ran into another question: Married NPCs that are woohoo-able by default, but not "F-able" with WW, reason staying true to their significant other. Is there a setting somewhere in between "never cheat" and "all relationships are open" or is it only all or nothing? Again, like some kind of threshold requirement.

Edited by picket
On 9/1/2021 at 12:55 PM, picket said:

My later posts dealt mostly with autonomous sex between player Sims (not actively played) and NPC Sims in random situations like clubs and how to prevent them from being too "slutty" without having to disable random Sex completely, e.g. by raising their threshold or requiring a certain (higher) level of romance than random NPCs before they get into it - again my trigger were teens who I'd imagine not being as outgoing as adults.

It could be done by restricting the category allowed by room. Eg. on clubs sims can only perfom "teasing" animations, which is chosen by the player in a pop-up to configure the "no random sex" sign.

Oooh, you can configure those signs? I'll try that. :D

The more I play, the more I really wish WW and NWP would merge features, as I said before I'd really like to set "personal borders" for Sims, I run way too often into totally inappropriate animations in situations that would call for more tame ones, but I don't like the "all or nothing" method of completely disabling everything either. Same for relationship thresholds, I don't want to disable cheating completely, but also would like to see that it's way harder to romance a married/engaged Sim than some random single.
But as with the sign, I might also simply not be aware of a lot of settings and possibilities that are hidden somewhere deep in the system...

One nitpick/possible solution would be the Wicked sex options on furniture. Since I'm really annoyed by the Sim's autonomous furniture choices (usually across the lot in the child's room 5 seconds before the kid enters) I usually choose the wicked -> Sex -> random option on the nearest bed, but of course random is totally random, while everything more specific requires the player to choose exactly the animation they want to see (does anyone even do that?). What I'd be really thankful for would be something like "vaginal -> random" or the like, anything that prevents my Sims from choosing rough anal sex for their first time after a romantic date.

Edited by picket
11 minutes ago, picket said:

Oooh, you can configure those signs? I'll try that. :D

The more I play, the more I really wish WW and NWP would merge features, as I said before I'd really like to set "personal borders" for Sims, I run way too often into totally inappropriate animations in situations that would call for more tame ones, but I don't like the "all or nothing" method of completely disabling everything either. Same for relationship thresholds, I don't want to disable cheating completely, but also would like to see that it's way harder to romance a married/engaged Sim than some random single.
But as with the sign, I might also simply not be aware of a lot of settings and possibilities that are hidden somewhere deep in the system...

Oh, no! It was a suggestion of how it could be implemented on ww. I'm sorry the misunderstanding.

8 minutes ago, easysudoku said:

Oh, no! It was a suggestion of how it could be implemented on ww. I'm sorry the misunderstanding.

Haha, yes, I just figured that out myself, and also misread the sentence, so it was my fault... too much wishful thinking. But a good suggestion nevertheless.