A guide to downloading and extracting 7Zip multi-part archives on LoversLab

This tutorial is provided to those having difficulties downloading Multi-part 7Zip archives on LoversLab

7Zip is required   https://www.7-zip.org/

LoversLab forum software sometimes renames files uploaded, by adding a number plus the underscore character "_" to the front.

It also sometimes removes spaces in the filename.

This causes confusion with some users.

With my uploads, I provide a screenshot of the files as they were created.

This tutorial will use Sanguines Debauchery downloads as an example.

This is the screen shot I provide:

Spoiler

image.png.9aa1551d764479e51fc536247eb59008.png

When uploaded to LoversLab they were changed to this:

Spoiler

image.png.6e514fbe2420eaea8d6f64bd59c89b70.png

Looking at the two, you can tell that the number & underscore were added and any spaces removed.

There is one more thing that is important to note, that you have to have Windows Explorer display file extensions.

It's in the "View" tab:

Spoiler

image.png.3fa89cb06b26d58a9ef0c6fcba228e1c.png

Now comes the download part, download and place in a working folder.

I used one called SD:

Spoiler

image.png.e6b246c53bc9f5b324cba89e4d6b7d2f.png

To return the files to what is required:

Spoiler

image.png.9f4634724a627e035a72d4fe23fedbb1.png

Then highlight teh number and underscore at front:

Spoiler

image.png.1fc3cd3ed0edb18a5b34f1168dc21a2e.png

Delete the highlighted and return spaces where needed:

Spoiler

image.png.25d72d4de37713357427b05ab8845549.png

Repeat for all the files downloaded:

Spoiler

image.png.c4431ac3f2f57f7d0afe729417c7d48b.png

Now we can extract the Archive.

You only need to extract from the first file (ends with .001):

Spoiler

image.png.b055512aa8f140c1157c70d06794ba39.png

7Zip will deal with all the files, so please don't ask what to do with the other files.

You'll end up with a folder:

Spoiler

image.png.aed163dae09d9c0241987b2e76da65d1.png

You can now make your install archive:

Spoiler

image.png.e545f831c5e1ae984461832bbd843865.png

You'll end up with a .7z archive:

Spoiler

image.png.7d70f8e4267312f5f7fe3e608b875d9b.png

That archive can be installed as you would any other mod

image.png

Edited by judge007
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 1:55 AM, Grey Cloud said:

You don't have to but keeping the archive means you don't have to download it again if you ever need to uninstall and reinstall the mod.

Thanks, one more question: when I install using mo2 do I merge the voice file with whatever mod it's supposed to go with or do I make it a seperate mod?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 9:12 PM, judge007 said:

7Zip will deal with all the files, so please don't ask what to do with the other files.

I know you say not to ask, and I am trusting that it works, but I'm confused and I don't like that. The other downloaded files don't appear to be in the extracted 001 (and therefore, the matching newly zipped Voice) file. Though, ooh! That's interesting. I redownloaded just the 001 and tried extracting it a separate location without the other files and it wouldn't complete. Now I'm less frustrated and much more intrigued. My Google-fu isn't up to knowing what even to search for to find the answer to my question of how this works, but I will definitely take just even just a link for my own education. Pretty please? ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 1:30 AM, daddylonglegs01 said:

Well care to explain , I'm having the same problem. 

First make sure you download all the files.

Second see in the picture below Part 14 has a different filename. There's a space between SlaveRun & Reloaded. So if you only renamed and deleted the numbers and underscore from the other files it wouldn't work for you.  Easiest is click on the last file, copy the entire filename then click on each of the other parts (.001, .002, etc.) and paste the new filename over it (without overwriting the '.001').  So in the example below you would have "SlaveRun Reloaded_Voice_Comments.7z.001", "SlaveRun Reloaded_Voice_Comments.7z.002" and so on.

Sorry if I'm over-explaining.  I noticed the below issue on the Sexist Guards Voicepack, and see the same thing with the Slaverun file so that's probably where you're running into a problem. The last archive when it was unzipping wasn't being usedvoicefiles.png.728cce3c27ff9ba02d508c24a86f16f0.png

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I followed the steps and installed SOS Revealing Armors for SE Merged w. 4K textures 1.0.0 but idk, i tried it and i saw guards and other characters appear with their legs and part of their torso invisible/missing. 

Sad. Because this mod seems so good. Idk what to do to fix this. :( 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 7:56 AM, SchizoTart521 said:

Mine will not let me extract the file. It says: Unexpected End of Data

I was having this problem too (sexist guards). I was able to fix it using deepcool's method, checking that each file pack was identical and had no spaces (I noticed pack #17 of sexist guards had a space). After renaming it I deleted and redownloaded the first pack and was able to get things working.