LL Mods for long playthrough

So I wonder if i could do a really long playthrough with SD+ for example, or SL Survival, like hundreds of hours? And do not mean being really anoying getting enslaved every lost fight etc, i mean stability-wise, and save corruption wise. Like if somoeone with doing some SD+ script or Sl Survival suddenly dies because , or im in bleedout in defeat, and they dies, do you know if it safe? 

34 minutes ago, moody132 said:

So I wonder if i could do a really long playthrough with SD+ for example, or SL Survival, like hundreds of hours? And do not mean being really anoying getting enslaved every lost fight etc, i mean stability-wise, and save corruption wise. Like if somoeone with doing some SD+ script or Sl Survival suddenly dies because , or im in bleedout in defeat, and they dies, do you know if it safe? 

If you've looked at all the posts in the Conglomerate blog you'll discover that includes instructions for loading the LL mods. The author of the blog recently PMd me about something else and mentioned that his load order, including everything listed therein, has been stable for 100+ hours. So, yes, I think it can be done if you do the leg work to prepare like he did.

I've done fairly long run throughs, SSE is far more stable than Oldrim if you have lots of mods. But honestly, as long as you set it up correctly initially it should work.

I generally do all my set up before I even take my first steps, and where possible, I'll save the mod configs externally (some mods have this option, others don't sadly)

then, I'll make a hard save before I start adventuring properly.

That way, if anything goes wrong, I can restore the mod config (if I need to reinstall it for eg), or, in the worst case scenario, I can reload that first save I made after configuring the mods and try to trigger what ever the issue is, just to check if the mod ever worked correctly at all, or if it was a bug due to long gameplay time.

Basically, backup your saves and mod configs if you want a long run through, you may never need them, but you'll be glad when you have them.

Following those steps, I've had 50+ hour games, and the only reason I stop is out of boredom.

Now, as for if mod *features* conflict with each other, that's a whole different story, but the gist of that is just make sure you don't download too many mods that conflict.

Downloading Defeat and Submit for eg is a bad idea, they will for sure conflict and cause issues down the line. But most mods nowadays have patches or just built-in functionality to avoid conflicts with the most popular mods, so basically it's probably only really old or unknown mods that should cause issues there.  

I know, i know, i already have done most if not all of theese steps from Conglomerate blog. I spent too much time trying to incrase stability and right now only crhases i have are due to lack of ram. 

What i really mean is stability of theese mods, not Skyrim as a whole. You know, one bad/broken script and your save can go fuck itself. And i think it would be easy with such mods, like i said, someone is enslaving me by SD+ and he dies in the process. or expample for yesterday, i was testing prison overhaul in Whiterun palace, killed 3 people, gave up, guard started binding me but unrecruited Lydia was immortal and kept fighting for me with everyone, so guard was switching from binding me to fighting lydia for like 6 times until he died. 

And thing like this a i think would propably broke some scripts, i am not sure if theese mods are prepared for such 'weird' circumstances. I have a custom when something really heavy processing things are happening, and switch to FPP a look at the floor to relieve my CPU from rendering all this shit, sometimes im enabling a console just to give game a few seconds of break, just to be safe

47 minutes ago, moody132 said:

I know, i know, i already have done most if not all of theese steps from Conglomerate blog. I spent too much time trying to incrase stability and right now only crhases i have are due to lack of ram. 

What i really mean is stability of theese mods, not Skyrim as a whole. You know, one bad/broken script and your save can go fuck itself. And i think it would be easy with such mods, like i said, someone is enslaving me by SD+ and he dies in the process. or expample for yesterday, i was testing prison overhaul in Whiterun palace, killed 3 people, gave up, guard started binding me but unrecruited Lydia was immortal and kept fighting for me with everyone, so guard was switching from binding me to fighting lydia for like 6 times until he died. 

And thing like this a i think would propably broke some scripts, i am not sure if theese mods are prepared for such 'weird' circumstances. I have a custom when something really heavy processing things are happening, and switch to FPP a look at the floor to relieve my CPU from rendering all this shit, sometimes im enabling a console just to give game a few seconds of break, just to be safe

I was giving you the best source I know for your question.

Personally, I rarely do a playthrough with more than 2-3 "big" mods. With that I generally (not always) make it as far as I like with that playthrough (usually level 60-80). That's my approach. When I want a different sort of game I simply swap out my big mods and start over.

Truthfully, you're never going to be able to stamp out all those issues. It's basically impossible to get every mod to work hassle free.

But, in fairness, you probably are more likely to run into issues if the game is stuttering and running slow for you. Scripts will hitch and run wrong etc. 

someone is enslaving me by SD+  and he dies in the process. 

Yeah, not much can be done about that either. Except maybe when the NPC is coming to enslave you, open the console, click on him, and enable God Mode for him (tgm),

then un-god him as soon as you're captured (his REFID should still be in the console even if you get moved to another Cell).

Lydia was immortal and kept fighting for me with everyone

Some mods have a "stop combat" option, not sure about SD+, haven't used it in a long time cause it used to give me a lot of issues like that. But there are mods out there that exist only to stop combat, often ones that you can just bind to a keypress and all combat would stop. That's probably your best option there.

To answer your question though, yes you can do a long run through, but you're going to run into some weird situations no matter what you do, it's just the nature of running mods. 

Save often, if you run into a weird situation, re-load, change settings for the mod that is causing issues, then test it again, if it works, move on, if not, rinse and repeat.

Sadly that's literally the only way to ensure a smooth run. The more you do it though the easier it is, any time I reinstall Skyrim now and fill it with mods, I basically know the order things go in and the conflicts that can happen so I'm able to sort them out before it's an issue, but that just comes with time and experience.

General rules though:

if it alters combat there's going to be some weird issues where some people won't stop fighting for whatever reason (maybe they're a custom NPC that isn't included in the stop combat list, or maybe the game just doesn't see them at all, could be anything).

Save often, seriously, I save before every transition, might seem tedious but it's meant I can just restore to a point before any issues and try to fix it, plus I can easily test it again.

Time and experience are the only real way to get a long run through. 

33 minutes ago, aranious said:

Truthfully, you're never going to be able to stamp out all those issues. It's basically impossible to get every mod to work hassle free.

But, in fairness, you probably are more likely to run into issues if the game is stuttering and running slow for you. Scripts will hitch and run wrong etc. 

Yeah, not much can be done about that either. Except maybe when the NPC is coming to enslave you, open the console, click on him, and enable God Mode for him (tgm),

then un-god him as soon as you're captured (his REFID should still be in the console even if you get moved to another Cell).

Some mods have a "stop combat" option, not sure about SD+, haven't used it in a long time cause it used to give me a lot of issues like that. But there are mods out there that exist only to stop combat, often ones that you can just bind to a keypress and all combat would stop. That's probably your best option there.

To answer your question though, yes you can do a long run through, but you're going to run into some weird situations no matter what you do, it's just the nature of running mods. 

Save often, if you run into a weird situation, re-load, change settings for the mod that is causing issues, then test it again, if it works, move on, if not, rinse and repeat.

Sadly that's literally the only way to ensure a smooth run. The more you do it though the easier it is, any time I reinstall Skyrim now and fill it with mods, I basically know the order things go in and the conflicts that can happen so I'm able to sort them out before it's an issue, but that just comes with time and experience.

General rules though:

if it alters combat there's going to be some weird issues where some people won't stop fighting for whatever reason (maybe they're a custom NPC that isn't included in the stop combat list, or maybe the game just doesn't see them at all, could be anything).

Save often, seriously, I save before every transition, might seem tedious but it's meant I can just restore to a point before any issues and try to fix it, plus I can easily test it again.

Time and experience are the only real way to get a long run through. 

I understand. I do save often, right now, i have 300 saves on 15h gameplay. Just in case, right before entering new cell, right after entering new cell, before every predictable 'event' that may occurs.  I do not mind weird thing happening, i understand that it is way to much that Skyrim supposed by to handling, I am worrying about save breaking things. Last character i had 101 hours, then i realised SL scene starts like 2 minutes because of some script lag, so bye. Previous character i had 250h, and save bloat happend, luckyly i had like 2000 save files so it was easy to identyfy when it happend. And this 250h save even if i load it now with different modlist, no scriptlag at all. And on theese playthroughs i used only Defeat, so i am worried that with Cursed Loot, SD+ and some other heavy scripted mods i can ruin my game much faster.

For the other hand, its no neceserry SL mods that causes my problems, it could be for expample Ordinator; it has some really weird perks that surely are base on scripts.

Anyway, I will try, i need to make almost unplayable diffucult modlist, but fair. Almost have it.

One thing that can help with save bloat is deleting older saves in game, so if you've 300 get rid of a good few, it'll cut the save folder down, and help in the long run.

Some mods also have a script cleanup function, might not hurt to run those either (just make sure it's not a full reset lest you lose settings / progress)

Best of luck

2 hours ago, aranious said:

One thing that can help with save bloat is deleting older saves in game, so if you've 300 get rid of a good few, it'll cut the save folder down, and help in the long run.

Some mods also have a script cleanup function, might not hurt to run those either (just make sure it's not a full reset lest you lose settings / progress)

Best of luck

This will help with save bloat? Because i am not talking about that my all save files takes together like 10gb, i talking about one save incereases size drasticly like from 20mb to 45mb in 5 minutes of gameplay.

Edited by moody132
10 hours ago, moody132 said:

So I wonder if i could do a really long playthrough with SD+ for example, or SL Survival, like hundreds of hours? And do not mean being really anoying getting enslaved every lost fight etc, i mean stability-wise, and save corruption wise.

Yes.

20210723000058_1.jpg

The load order has USSEP, DD, SD+, SL Survival, sLola, SS++, DAYMOYL/Defeat, RND, Frostfall, Campfire, Hunterborn, RND, TCBM, Moonlight Tales, Helgen Reborn, CRF, AA and about 300 other plugins including perk and magic overhauls. And it's locked to Legendary difficulty.

The save file is "only" number 609 because I've been changing the character name occasionally to reflect what was currently going on with them. In reality I think that's save file number 2000+. And yes, they do bloat as you progress but there's nothing that can really be done about it.

Edited by belegost

18MB save Nr. 5000 or so (47MB without)

I move the saves into an extra folder and have only ca 3 left when quit playing.

Before quit playing I use pcb (purge cell buffer), clean defeat then save and check the save with resaver.

All quest done incl. civil war etc., it's a free play now.

698 esp slots filled with lots of followers, follower live package, MHiyH, hell lot of LL mods, environment (weather, landscape enb) DD, ZAZ, MNC, more wenches incl. dangerous wenches, couple extra homes, hunterborn, uncountable clothing mods and FNIS shows 34k anim frames. 

Actually, the mod folder is around 240GB.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, moody132 said:

Naa... i don't think its possible to do long playthrough with SD+

For long while i had almost every popular SL Mod but tbh most of them i deleted meanwhile playing with SL...

Only mods that didnt bored me were:

- SL Defeat

- Succubus Heart

- SL Kidnapped

- Pay Sex Crime

- Radiant Prostitution ( after few "Levels" You unlock more quests... but not all of them are safe... some quests are safe to do... some CTD ur game )

SL Survival is Good mod and u can play with it for long time and not get bored of it... 

You can also try with Cursed Loot, but tbh. after while playing with it i deleted Curset Loot because it started to annoy me when every chest or door i use have trap...

Include let wildcat control difficulty and this dll what extends perks to 155 and make progress adjustable.

Level 50 with all done and still quite vulnerable.

Without follower watching my ass I am prone to loose.

Rarely dead as this LL stuff saves at least my life.

The game remains demanding from begin on.

22 hours ago, T-lam said:

Include let wildcat control difficulty and this dll what extends perks to 155 and make progress adjustable.

Level 50 with all done and still quite vulnerable.

Without follower watching my ass I am prone to loose.

Rarely dead as this LL stuff saves at least my life.

The game remains demanding from begin on.

I'am using SkyTweak, damage dealt and taken to 2x for faster combat. lvl1 bandit with 30hp dies in one hit, but 1vs1 with renegarde is almost suicide. on lvl 81 i am kidna op, as i should be, but, two hits from warhammer dawnguard and i am dead, even while having 550 armor. I abandoned hope for balancing this game. 

like i think i shouldn't be able to kill 3 wolfs on lvl 1 with just fists, without armor. on the other hands in other spawns i will met lvl 20 wolfs, and they'll destroy me immidietly. or one sabrecat. or bear. 

Whatever, most of the times combat is difficult, so i am pleased with that. I reccomend populated skyrim legendary, obis, SIC with high enemy patch, and wenches series. Forts and bandit camps now have like 15 bandits, and dwemer/falmer/nordic ruins are ridduculus. But i like it, no one does simply walk into those places.

Edited by moody132
On 7/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, T-lam said:

Had those, it caused instability for me.

Weird, I never had problems with thoose. And I am playing 10 yeras old pc with 1gb vram. I suppose different modlists, different problems.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:02 AM, belegost said:

Yes.

20210723000058_1.jpg

The load order has USSEP, DD, SD+, SL Survival, sLola, SS++, DAYMOYL/Defeat, RND, Frostfall, Campfire, Hunterborn, RND, TCBM, Moonlight Tales, Helgen Reborn, CRF, AA and about 300 other plugins including perk and magic overhauls. And it's locked to Legendary difficulty.

The save file is "only" number 609 because I've been changing the character name occasionally to reflect what was currently going on with them. In reality I think that's save file number 2000+. And yes, they do bloat as you progress but there's nothing that can really be done about it.

Name of your character suggest you are Polish, and Your name suggest you're Tolkien fan. Or am i wrong?

9 hours ago, moody132 said:

Name of your character suggest you are Polish, and Your name suggest you're Tolkien fan. Or am i wrong?

Yes.

Edited by belegost
On 7/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, moody132 said:

on lvl 81 i am kidna op,

Install Skooma Whore and its addon Addicted and get yourself to stage 5 addiction.

Edited by belegost

Another thing that helps for stability in long games is Fallrim Save Cleaner. Every couple dozen hours, load up your latest save in the save cleaner and removed unattached instances and undefined elements.

(Also @belegost, that's an amazing main menu screen, is it a standalone or part of some bigger mod?)

2 hours ago, Buridan said:

Another thing that helps for stability in long games is Fallrim Save Cleaner. Every couple dozen hours, load up your latest save in the save cleaner and removed unattached instances and undefined elements.

(Also @belegost, that's an amazing main menu screen, is it a standalone or part of some bigger mod?)

iLuvLoading SSE.

Edited by belegost

So far so good, 20h, only few crashes. Funny, that i consider crash every 2-3 hours a phenomenal success. On the other hand, game is handling like 200gb of data (most are textures, but whatever), 500 mods, and thousands of scripts, and lets be real, even vanilla was fucking broken. so yeah, pretty impresive, what this game can handle.

I decided to not use SL Survival, sounds fun, but its propably really script heavy, so not for my pc.

Need to merge some more plugins, i like to have like 20 free slots for quests/lands mods like Rudra, Darkend, Vigillant, Project AHO, Faalskar, Legacy of Dragonborn and other mods which i have installed for years, but not once activate it.

I assume mering SL mods would be really stupid idea. I read somewhere here that SLAL Animations Packs also are no-go. but what about SL Patches and 'addons'? Like SL Extra Voices, or Devious Follower patches?

Edited by moody132