Help with scripting for new modders

I've been searching high and low for assistance with figuring out papyrus scripting and guides to sexlab coding. the github for sexlab guides seem to either be down or long abandoned and most guides that I find don't seem to have the correct fixes I need or are for oldrim.

I'm trying to make a basic spell that lets you sleep with your own summoned deadra for bonuses and buffs. Also using MO2, and have been extensively troubleshooting this for the last 3-4 days.

All SKSE64 files are in the correct directory, I've unpacked the racemenu.bsa file and gotten everything from it moved to the correct directory. The current issue semes to be Fnis.

Current code is:

Scriptname sexlabCummoner extends ActiveMagicEffect  

SexLabFramework property SexLab auto

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

actor[] sexActors = new actor[2]
    sexActors[0] = akCaster
    sexActors[1] = akTarget

sslBaseAnimation[] anims

SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, anims)

EndEvent

I'm sure it has issues which I could correct by looking at other code, but I just need to get anything to compile first..

Output is:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "sexlabCummoner"...
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(301,8): variable FNIS is undefined
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(301,13): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(301,28): cannot compare a none to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(301,28): cannot relatively compare variables to None
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(698,9): variable FNIS is undefined
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(698,14): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(698,38): cannot compare a none to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(698,38): cannot relatively compare variables to None
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(701,9): variable FNIS is undefined
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(701,14): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(704,9): variable FNIS is undefined
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(704,14): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(704,44): cannot compare a none to a int (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts\Source\sslSystemConfig.psc(704,44): cannot relatively compare variables to None
No output generated for sexlabCummoner, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on sexlabCummoner

Any tips or guides would be greatly appriciated.

Edited by Eeveemk
30 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Youre missing the sourcefiles for FNIS

23 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Like Scrab say.

Obviously you are using scripts from FNIS somewhere (doesn't have to be the current script).
In this case you need the uncompiled scripts from FNIS in the folder data\scripts\source.

Yeah the issue I'm having there is that I've already copied the source and script files from my Fnis zip into both my SSE and Mod Organiser directory and I'm still getting the same compilation error.

Doublechecked that and I go back to my original statement that youre missing the FNIS sources

The Type "FNIS" is refrencing the Script "fnis.psc/.pex" which is part of the main FNIS package. Doublecheck that you got that script in your appropriate sourcefolder

5 hours ago, Scrab said:

Doublechecked that and I go back to my original statement that youre missing the FNIS sources

The Type "FNIS" is refrencing the Script "fnis.psc/.pex" which is part of the main FNIS package. Doublecheck that you got that script in your appropriate sourcefolder

Welp I'd like to thank you as it turns out the files in the Data/source/scripts directory in my Fnis download belonged directly in my Data/Scripts/Source directory, not quite sure if that was mislabling or my error, but thank you I finally have a script that will actually compile.

6 hours ago, Eeveemk said:

Welp I'd like to thank you as it turns out the files in the Data/source/scripts directory in my Fnis download belonged directly in my Data/Scripts/Source directory, not quite sure if that was mislabling or my error, but thank you I finally have a script that will actually compile.

That's something to watch out for with Skyrim SE.

In SE they switched to a different location for the uncompiled scripts.

Not all mod authors were on board.

Some ship with source scripts in source\scripts

Some ship with source scripts in scripts\source

You'll have to pick one scheme, configure Creation kit for it,

and manually set up all your mods that way.