[WIP] SexLab Lover's Comfort 2013-12-30

Is there a way to disable the whole "cheating" aspect of this mod?

The only reason I'd want this mod is to increase (or have at all, really) the sense of intimacy between spouses.  Real husbands and wives do not generally cheat on each other for no other reason than that they're horny, at least not in healthy relationships.  Making the "Lover's Comfort" buff into a real act of intimacy was a wonderful idea, but if the consequence of having that scene available is to turn one's spouse into an automaton no different from a sex-seeking missile, it kind of ruins the whole illusion of a loving relationship that it helps set up. Even worse, it basically punishes players who just wanted to add that intimacy to their in-game marriage by forcing them to disrupt their desired arc of play in order to "maintain" their spouse in some extremely shallow way.

The only reason I'd want this mod is to increase (or have at all, really) the sense of intimacy between spouses.  Real husbands and wives do not generally cheat on each other for no other reason than that they're horny, at least not in healthy relationships.  Making the "Lover's Comfort" buff into a real act of intimacy was a wonderful idea, but if the consequence of having that scene available is to turn one's spouse into an automaton no different from a sex-seeking missile, it kind of ruins the whole illusion of a loving relationship that it helps set up. Even worse, it basically punishes players who just wanted to add that intimacy to their in-game marriage by forcing them to disrupt their desired arc of play in order to "maintain" their spouse in some extremely shallow way.

So... use Spouses Enhanced instead?

You could try using SLA to lock the spouse's arousal at some point high enough that she will always want your character, but low enough that she won't go seeking attention elsewhere.

It's not a direct fix, but as workarounds go, it should work.

So... use Spouses Enhanced instead?

Yeah.  Turns out SE isn't compatible with either the newest SL or any custom followers, and it is no longer being maintained.  If I were interested in the vanilla spouses I'd have used SE with 1.39 and been done with it, but since I'm not, LC is the only vaguely similar mod that can be integrated with custom followers to any degree.

You could try using SLA to lock the spouse's arousal at some point high enough that she will always want your character, but low enough that she won't go seeking attention elsewhere.

It's not a direct fix, but as workarounds go, it should work.

That's a great idea!  Thanks for the helpful suggestion :)

I think I may have run into a bug. I was able to approach male npcs with dialog before on my male character, but suddenly after starting a new character I am no long able to. Ive changed my sexuality in both sexlab and lovers comfort to Bisexual but that has not helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...1.57 seems to work for me without issue (other than the bed clipping thing) which leds me to a thought (likely wrong place to put it) Could hdt be adapted to fix bed clipping? Or is the clipping present with any other SL mod that affects npc-npc?

If Sprouse has taken a lover...would it be possible for the player to confront her and ask her to forget the lover or something like that ??

Can you incorporate this feature in the mod ?

As far as I am aware in this mod, your spouse taking a lover is a one night stand sort of thing. So there should not be anything for the spouse to forget, as far as the mod is concerned. Or are you just asking for the mod to register the fact it has happened, and offer some dialogue options to "confront" your spouse without having anything actually happen behind the scenes?

If Sprouse has taken a lover...would it be possible for the player to confront her and ask her to forget the lover or something like that ??

As far as I am aware in this mod, your spouse taking a lover is a one night stand sort of thing. So there should not be anything for the spouse to forget, as far as the mod is concerned. Or are you just asking for the mod to register the fact it has happened, and offer some dialogue options to "confront" your spouse without having anything actually happen behind the scenes?

No, you can't ask her to forget her lover, but she can forget him/her if you sex her more often. If you don't sex her oftenly, she will reject to have a sex with you.

yep...this kind of thing >> offer some dialogue options to "confront" your spouse without having anything actually happen behind the scenes :)

How to have follower dialogues for Vilja (or some other NPC)? Open console, with mouse click on NPC, type "setfactionrank XX05BB1C 0". You must replace XX with LoversComfort load order hex code, which you can find by typing "help loverscomfort" , Load order Hex code? 00? Loverscomort is 15 in my load order, index 22 . ??????????

A quick question thought,what if in one places,they are eligible multiple partner and by that i mean more than one husband and wifes which are sleeping,will al of them trigger this mod?or just one?is there any seetings to make all of them have sex?

A quick question thought,what if in one places,they are eligible multiple partner and by that i mean more than one husband and wifes which are sleeping,will al of them trigger this mod?or just one?is there any seetings to make all of them have sex?

Any NPCs with a high enough relationship rank will sleep with each other. Two couples in the same location will not normally trade partners. If you want them all sleeping with each other then you can manually set their relationship ranks.

• Look at NPC(A) and open the console.
  • Click on the NPC(A) and make a note of their ID.
  • Close the console and look at the other NPC( B) you want them to have a relationship with.
  • Open the console again and click on NPC( B).
  • Enter setrelationshiprank <NPC(A) ID> 4.
  • Now do the reverse: open the console click on NPC(A) and enter setrelationshiprank <NPC( B) ID> 4.

Now you would have to do this twice for every possible pairing you want: NPC(A) <-> NPC( B), NPC(A) <-> NPC©, NPC( B) <-> NPC(C ), and so on. If this is done correctly then they will trigger an SL animation with any of the other NPCs when sleeping with a high enough arousal level.

ok i u understand that,but my question is what if i put  more than one couple in a room sleeping using my home is your home mod,will this mod activate all of them to have sex,or it will scan and trigger only one couple to have sex?

Silly question but i am really interested in this mod however...i fear it will turn my game into one huge gangbang? Would not mind running into people having sex but only when it's a bit more private and not out in the streets for all to see!

So to me it's not clear yet what this mod really does which goes for arousal as well!

Silly question but i am really interested in this mod however...i fear it will turn my game into one huge gangbang? Would not mind running into people having sex but only when it's a bit more private and not out in the streets for all to see!

So to me it's not clear yet what this mod really does which goes for arousal as well!

No sex on street, only NPC with a high relationship between them have sex on their bed at night when sleeping.

Exemple: you introduce into the warmaiden at night and you see them fuck instead of sleeping.

It's a pretty immersive mod.

Lonelly NPC will masturbate when arousal reach a certain lvl (same only when they sleep).

2nd part of the mod the wife part (your wife), read the first post.

No, you don't have to worry about that.  Sex scenes between NPCs of relationship rank 4 typically occur around midnight, and only if they're in the same cell while they have a sleep package.  Sex scenes between the spouse and their lover can happen whenever you enter the same cell their in, if their Lover's Comfort rank is at 5 and arousal is high enough to trigger the scene.  It won't be like if you installed the Random Sex mod.

Arousal is just a framework mod for a number of other mods.  At most, it adds a hotkey to start the player character to masturbate, but beyond that it adds no sex scenes of its own.