Fun bugs I've discovered while working on a bondage framework

So I'm working on a bondage device mod using @kziitd's amazing outfits.  It is coming along, but I have encountered some hair-pullingly frustrating "features" of this game that have caused me to lose time and patience.  Here are a few highlights:

AddItem() resets NPC outfits.  If a script calls AddItem() on an NPC, it will cause the NPC to revert to their default outfit.  Any other worn items will be unequipped.  If you want to change an NPC's clothes, use EquipItem() instead.  That adds the item to the NPC's inventory and makes them equip it, but doesn't cause the outfit reset.

Commandable actors don't respect AI package flags.  Followers and NPCs who have been made temporary followers with the SetPlayerTeammate() function will continue to draw their weapon regardless of the "ignore combat" and "weapons unequipped" flags in their AI package.  They don't actually draw their weapon in combat, they draw it after combat.  Not sure what that's supposed to be about.  The solution is to listen for OnCombatStateChanged events and call akActor.SetCanDoCommand(false) on combat start and (true) again when combat ends.

Equipping or Unequipping NPC Armor in the Trade screen dispels Active Magic Effects.  This one is really nasty.  If you manually equip or unequip armor on a follower or other NPC, any enchantment (Object Effect) or spell on them will be dispelled.  If you have an enchantment with a scripted effect, the OnEffectFinish event will fire.  I always wondered why changing clothes on my companions seemed to dispel dirt effects from them; now I know.  Apparently this was introduced in game update 1.3, "Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped".  They sure are ?.  There are various ways to work around this by listening for OnEffectFinish, listening for the ContainerMenu open/close, etc., but it's a pain, and it makes scripted Object Effects on armor fairly useless.

Edited by EgoBallistic
1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Equipping or Unequipping NPC Armor in the Trade screen dispels Active Magic Effects

I notice that with the dirt spell. It would be removed when equipping armor, then, after FT/load the dirt would be back.