Attractiveness system working with some sims but not with others?

some sims can consider other sims as unnatractive and the system work with them normally. but some sims seem to not consider any sim unnatractive no matter the selected traits on the attractiveness selector.  is this related to traits such as alluring or lover?

Edited by arak2

There's some weridness going on, I've had female sims whose preferences I select that they liked men and hated women, but in game they behaved as if they didn't like men. When asked about their preferences, they say that they are not into men. But, if I remove the dislike for females, then they seem to like men and it behaves as intended

I have no idea how the attractiveness system works. I have no idea, for example, how the choices of ethnic skin types are mapped to the various skin choices (and the navy said I was a bit color blind, so I can't really tell them apart but that's my problem).  I wish it came with more documentation.

16 hours ago, MrGrey said:

I have no idea how the attractiveness system works. I have no idea, for example, how the choices of ethnic skin types are mapped to the various skin choices (and the navy said I was a bit color blind, so I can't really tell them apart but that's my problem).  I wish it came with more documentation.

The best method is not using any skin types or clothing types for your sims preferences.

In fact it's best to deselect all of them as sims often wear mixed clothing types.

Body types are another mixed bag of partial percentages for each one.

Very hard to hit 100%, which is what you want, on one size of anything.

@BatDood and I spent like a month + playing around with Attractions and testing different things out in game.

My goal was to make all sims at least Very Attractive because of the sex buff you get after sex.

But since all of my 100+ sims are edited with CC and saved to my Library to be used later I don't have any ugly EA sims in my game anyway.

Using MCCC to Import needed sims for game from my Library rather than random generated ugly EA sims.

The less attraction preferences you use the better it works.

Don't use Masculine/Feminine either, select none as sims can actually be both due to the improper tagging of CC and/or EA Clothing, Makeup, Hair, etc.

Problems with Genders?

Pick one Liked but never pick any Dislikes (Note CAS settings overrides some in game Attractiveness settings like Genders and Colors so fix these first)  

Or leave them both not selected.

Also stay away from picking any Colors as they just cause more unreliable results.

Shift+Click on your target sims to see their actual data

Purple = Bad

Green = Good

White = Not Selected

100% = Best Picks

On 7/4/2021 at 3:50 AM, arak2 said:

some sims can consider other sims as unnatractive and the system work with them normally. but some sims seem to not consider any sim unnatractive no matter the selected traits on the attractiveness selector.  is this related to traits such as alluring or lover?

Far as I know the only cheat for that is having the 'Unique Appearance' Trait.

Something you can give to your own played sim so all the other sims will think he/she is at least Very Attractive.

Sometimes you have another special NPC that is very hard to get higher attractiveness with yours so this Trait is also handy to fix that problem.

Also take in to account that, if you use custom content, 90% of the time it is not properly tagged. And ww reads those tags. So if a long straight blonde hair is tagged as short, black, wavy, that is what ww will consider for attractiveness even if it looks totally different in game. You can see (and edit if you want to) cc content tags using "the sims 4 studio". 

3 hours ago, babuchas said:

Also take in to account that, if you use custom content, 90% of the time it is not properly tagged. And ww reads those tags. So if a long straight blonde hair is tagged as short, black, wavy, that is what ww will consider for attractiveness even if it looks totally different in game. You can see (and edit if you want to) cc content tags using "the sims 4 studio". 

Yes I spent a few days editing cc tags with S4S.

And some of their colors are mess too so I avoid using colors for preferences too.

(I didn't go through them all and fix the colors)

Also note that most EA hairstyles and clothing are tagged for Masculine AND Feminine and these will mess up attractions if you pick the appearance construct preference in WW. 

On 7/6/2021 at 6:01 AM, Scorpio said:

The less attraction preferences you use the better it works.

Don't use Masculine/Feminine either, select none as sims can actually be both due to the improper tagging of CC and/or EA Clothing, Makeup, Hair, etc.

Problems with Genders?

Pick one Liked but never pick any Dislikes (Note CAS settings overrides some in game Attractiveness settings like Genders and Colors so fix these first)  

Or leave them both not selected.

Also stay away from picking any Colors as they just cause more unreliable results.

I thought Turbodriver said you have to have 10 likes in order for it to work, and if it's only 10, you have to hit them all to get extremely attractive.

I had no idea that clothing, makeup hair etc was part of Masculine/Feminine. I thought it was just gender, which I set to what's between the sim's legs.

Agreed about colors and clothing in general.

I've gotten more practical about it: just use "develop sim preferences" and pick the sims I want the sim to find to be attractive, then never look at the settings. It works, but to me it seems inelegant.

51 minutes ago, MrGrey said:

I thought Turbodriver said you have to have 10 likes in order for it to work...

I've never seen anything stated to that effect.

In fact, you can have only 1 preference set and it works just fine for that preference.

...and if it's only 10, you have to hit them all to get extremely attractive.

Doesn't really matter if it's 10, 20 or 1. You still have to hit them all to get Extremely Attractive. An Extremely Attractive sim is the "perfect" sim. That's the one that presses 'all' the buttons.

I had no idea that clothing, makeup hair etc was part of Masculine/Feminine.

@Scorpio and I spent over a month working together to try to come to grips with Attraction. We both spent a lot of time is S4S editing CC to make sure that it was tagged properly. Together we came to the conclusion that the Masculine/Feminine (Appearance Construct) preference is something that neither of us wants in WW and we both make sure that it's deselected when we pick our preferences. It just doesn't work well as a preference because of EA's tagging system, and is usually the culprit for a lot of frustration from people wondering why Attraction doesn't work properly.

EA tends to tag a lot of their content as both. It really messes with Attraction when you're trying to settle on that 'perfect' sim.

I've gotten more practical about it: just use "develop sim preferences" and pick the sims I want the sim to find to be attractive, then never look at the settings. It works, but to me it seems inelegant.

That's something that I personally used to do before exploring Attraction in-depth. It works well in a pinch.

Edited by BatDood
1 hour ago, MrGrey said:

I thought it was just gender, which I set to what's between the sim's legs.

This is the one you always want selected but don't pick any dislikes for males or anything else.

If you want to have many, or most, sims attractive or very attractive this is the only preference setting needed.

When you play a male it's easier cause you could also pick Makeup & Jewelry, something easy to control with CAS edits.

Then use the Unique Appearance on you special sims to push them to the top.

That way it won't make all your other sims unattractive, unless that's the objective.

Less fiddling and frustration. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've really never had much trouble with attraction. Some of my sims seems are a bit more specific as to likes and dislikes than others, but that's true in real life too. I do on the other hand mostly use the "develop" function based on 3-4 good looking sims, which gives me roughly what I'm after. It sometimes sometimes throw in a few surprises, but again that's pretty much like real life.

I'm still working on translating the whole thing, and I'm extremely impressed with all the work that has gone into making WW.