Issue adapting Skeleton from Custom Race Mod to 3BBB

Greetings fellow degenerates and thanks for reading this.

For the past couple of weeks I've been putting together my Ultimate HornyRim Build and everything's been going swimmingly so far just compounding mods with each other with vanilla\basic installs and keeping the load order in well... order.

I hit my first issue the other day trying to get the Custom Races from Crimes Against Nature configured to run with 3BBB. All looked good to start with but then upon entering certain positions the NPC's got the old 'floating boob' issue we've all seen mentioned about a thousand times.

So that's all fine, normal NPC's still work great it's only these custom races with problems, I snouted around and found the official guide to making patches for custom races [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SrwL4L61o__nrqCNKXsg1vB1ceibEKzc/view]and it looked clear enough that I thought I'd be able to follow it, all went swell until I hit the skeleton alterations. I've got the example skeleton I need to pull the info out of but when I went into this custom skeleton in nifskope and tried to burrow down to the nodes listed in the guide:

"Click the small triangle on the left to open it until you see the CME PreBreast.
NPC->NPC Root->NPC COM->CME Body->CME UBody->NPC Spine->CME Spine->NPC Spine1-
>CME Spine1->NPC Spine2->CME Spine2->Breast->CME PreBreastRoot->NPC PreBreast->CME
PreBreast"  

I can get as far as NPC SPINE2, but there are no further nodes under it. So I thought to myself 'Oh, maybe this just isn't using the right skeleton type?' so I checked the basic female skeleton I'm running in "Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeletonbeast_female.nif" and I had a drill down in that and and it is similarly lacking any further nodes under the NPC SPINE2, which has now left me perplexed; I know for a fact the game is using this Skeleton and everything works fine BUT it seems to be missing all the nodes the 3BBB guide indicates it needs to make it work?

I've gotten myself a bit confused and have thoroughly checked around for anything else that might be acting as a skeleton replacer but there's nothing.

Copying the basic skeletonbeast_female.nif and renaming it DEFINITELY does fix the floating breast issue the skeletonpony_female.nif is causing but it also causes neck distention issues due to the custom rigging present on it for big heads. So I'm really just confused as to what could be causing the issue, screenshot shows a side-by-side of the two open in nifskope and I really can't see any difference.

Would there maybe be some way to export just the neck & up rigging and merging it with the basic XPMSE Skeletonbeast_female.nif to get the best of both worlds?

SkeletonCompare.PNG

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...