FNIS for Modders / FNIS 4.0 [WIP]

fore

Is there possibly a template file somewhere outside of the generator itself that maybe didn't get included with the release on the nexus? Leaving it so you have the fixed template file but the nexus version still has the old one?

Reading the wolf_default_TEMPLATE.txt file directly out of the current creature pack archive on nexus (FNIS Creature Pack 4_4_4-11811-4-0-4.7z) has this:

<hkparam name="behaviorFilename">Behaviors Wolf\WolfBehavior.hkx</hkparam>

With an uppercase B

I too have got the frozen wolves!

(It's a statement which is completely useless and would bring you not an inch close to solve the issue... I know. But how often you've got the chance to take part in a discussion among two most prominent masters of modding?) 

You'll tell your kids about this day.

God damned. Sorry Ashal. Another mistake on my part. One updated file was missing.

Here is the FNISRoot template file which I missed to replace in the upload.

I hate to make a new 4.0.2 release just for this text file. But your users will probably get confused again if I make this a separate (hotfix) update file only at Nexus. What do you think? 

FNIS Behaviors 4.0.1 Hotfix1 (wolf behaviors).7z

Up to you how you want to release it. I'd prefer a 4.0.2 though if you're willing; pointing a user towards a minimum is a lot more idiot proof than pointing them towards a hotfix.

Ok, I'll do a 4.0.2 tomorrow. Could you please confirm that this one file is all you need to make it work. Right now I don't trust myself a bit.

Up to you how you want to release it. I'd prefer a 4.0.2 though if you're willing; pointing a user towards a minimum is a lot more idiot proof than pointing them towards a hotfix.

Ok, I'll do a 4.0.2 tomorrow. Could you please confirm that this one file is all you need to make it work. Right now I don't trust myself a bit.

Yup just tried it, both dogs and wolves working perfectly.

Thanks for the hard work.

I am curious, is there now a way to get rid of this t-shape ctd problem? Occasionally upon loading i get a ctd. It happens only when i load an indoor cell, when my companion is near me and when i am starting the game. If i get past that, then its all fine.

I already tried a number of companions and it happens with each one of them, be it a custom companion, Vilja or vanilla companions..

As of now i haven't found a solution for this problem other than severely reducing the amount of animations loaded .. but i wonder, is 1376 animations a lot?

I would be happy to get some feedback, as that is one of the last CTD sources for me..

I am curious, is there now a way to get rid of this t-shape ctd problem? Occasionally upon loading i get a ctd. It happens only when i load an indoor cell, when my companion is near me and when i am starting the game. If i get past that, then its all fine.

I already tried a number of companions and it happens with each one of them, be it a custom companion, Vilja or vanilla companions..

As of now i haven't found a solution for this problem other than severely reducing the amount of animations loaded .. but i wonder, is 1376 animations a lot?

I would be happy to get some feedback, as that is one of the last CTD sources for me..

do you have a proper skeleton, meshes and textures for your anims and companions?

i dont have T-pose when i start my game. read the requirements of the mods with animations that you install and the requirements of the mods that are required. also check the box [v] Skeleton arm fix in Fnis before you run the patch.

Edit:  try start your game from another cell with out reading your save, for example qasmoke

open console when you start skyrim, (Dont Load Your Save)

in skyrim main menu open console

type:

coc qasmoke

and w8 1 min inside that cell walkaround w/e, let all your mods install etc etc.

than load your save from that cell

and than check if you got T pose.

(Also this is not the thread to ask for help like this, cause your problem is not Fnis related)

Actually T-pose sometimes happens to me too. it looks like the scripts is not processed fast enough. and a T-pose happen at that point it will cause a CTD's

reloading that save game will make it load up correctly.

I get a T-pose in 3rd person view and in wide open area with allot of things happening around me. and when running and switch from seethed to draw weapon will cause a T-pose for split seconds then run normal again.

still not related to this topic.  that happens cause your system doesnt handle so much of whats going on at same time, and skyrim engine also might not handle every thing thats going on. 

I got this PC (i think its a beast) to play skyrim (in SSD) and sometimes i also get T-pose very rarely when im changing cells and at same time sheath weapon or magic and confronting NME.

Mother Board Specs ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - 1155 Socket - Z68 Chipset

Processor Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 4.80GHz x4 ~4801MHz

Memory Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 - PC3-12800 - CL9 Vengeance

Video Card # 1: AMD HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

Video Card # 2: AMD HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

Sound Card: N/A

Hard Drive # 1: intel SSD 520i 240G

Hard Drive # 2: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 3.5" internal hard drive - 1 TB

Connnection Fibre Power Broadband 120Mb DL / 10Mb UL

Main Operating System win7

Secondary OS N/A

System case N/A

Monitor #1: Acer S243HLAbmii 24" Full HD LED Monitor

Monitor #2: N/A

Power Supply: Corsair 1200W Pro Series AX1200

still not related to FNIS :cool:

still not related to this topic.  that happens cause your system doesnt handle so much of whats going on at same time, and skyrim engine also might not handle every thing thats going on. 

I got this PC (i think its a beast) to play skyrim (in SSD) and sometimes i also get T-pose very rarely when im changing cells and at same time sheath weapon or magic and confronting NME.

Mother Board Specs ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - 1155 Socket - Z68 Chipset

Processor Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 4.80GHz x4 ~4801MHz

Memory Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1600 - PC3-12800 - CL9 Vengeance

Video Card # 1: AMD HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

Video Card # 2: AMD HD 7970 3 GB GDDR5

Sound Card: N/A

Hard Drive # 1: intel SSD 520i 240G

Hard Drive # 2: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ 3.5" internal hard drive - 1 TB

Connnection Fibre Power Broadband 120Mb DL / 10Mb UL

Main Operating System win7

Secondary OS N/A

System case N/A

Monitor #1: Acer S243HLAbmii 24" Full HD LED Monitor

Monitor #2: N/A

Power Supply: Corsair 1200W Pro Series AX1200

still not related to FNIS :cool:

What Skeleton your Using ?

Are you Using Realistic Ragdolls ?

my skeleton is SOS Basic 8-41169-2-1 Skeleton TBBP, Chesko's BFQ, SOS/SOS Futa

but i should use SOS Basic 5-41169-2 Skeleton  TBBP, Realistic Ragdolls, SOS/SOS Futa

Custom Skeleton Replacers SOS Edition by Skulltyrant

and yes i got ragdolls installed

my skeleton is SOS Basic 8-41169-2-1 Custom Skeleton Replacers SOS Edition by Skulltyrant

and yes i got ragdolls installed

Install Realistic Ragdolls First ,

Then XP32's  skeleton Next 

and then the Replacer by Skully

May Stop the CTD's .

thats exactly my install order in Wrye bash :cool:

oh but i dont crash, im alright, i just got a rarely Tpose as i said.

I was only saying to other posters this is not related to FNIS and the Tpose problem is else where, most likely skeleton cause he started hes game in Tpose after loading a save. ;)

Could you please keep installation issues out of this thread, as I have requested in big letters in the very first post of this thread? And in fact these are not even FNIS issues.

This thread for me is a very important communication point with modders and interested users, and I want to keep it this way. Thanks.

I was hesitant to post this here since I've already posted my concerns twice in the SexLab topic without an answer, but I figured this may be something on the modders' end to check for.

Using the latest versions of FNIS (v4.0.2), FNIS Creature Pack (4.0.4), and SexLab Framework (v1.24), I am having an issue with the Draugrs that spawn in dungeons. Most of them seem to spawn fine--the ones walking/standing on patrol, the ones laying in coffins (sarchophagus)--but there are a couple in particular that do not. Specifically, the ones laying in the catacomb shelves (I think the animation list calls it SpecialIdle_AlcoveLaying*.hkx) spawn as right-side-up in default bind pose. Another idle pose I noticed that was off was the sit idles (specifically the SpecialIdle_Sit_slouched*.hkx), which looks like it was swapped with the catacomb laying idle.

When I have only FNIS active, I do not get an issue at all, but I wouldn't anyway since there is nothing else attached to the Draugr's animation behavior. Once SexLab is installed (no matter what option in the MCM I change) the problem/bug reveals itself (probably because the Draugr now have a behavior change to associate itself with). Now I am not sure if it's specifically FNIS, SexLab, or both together that cause the issue, but if anyone can confirm this issue running both at the same time, then I can know it's just not me.

Thanks for reading and apologies if this does not seem the right topic to address the issue.

I was hesitant to post this here since I've already posted my concerns twice in the SexLab topic without an answer, but I figured this may be something on the modders' end to check for.

Using the latest versions of FNIS (v4.0.2), FNIS Creature Pack (4.0.4), and SexLab Framework (v1.24), I am having an issue with the Draugrs that spawn in dungeons. Most of them seem to spawn fine--the ones walking/standing on patrol, the ones laying in coffins (sarchophagus)--but there are a couple in particular that do not. Specifically, the ones laying in the catacomb shelves (I think the animation list calls it SpecialIdle_AlcoveLaying*.hkx) spawn as right-side-up in default bind pose. Another idle pose I noticed that was off was the sit idles (specifically the SpecialIdle_Sit_slouched*.hkx), which looks like it was swapped with the catacomb laying idle.

When I have only FNIS active, I do not get an issue at all, but I wouldn't anyway since there is nothing else attached to the Draugr's animation behavior. Once SexLab is installed (no matter what option in the MCM I change) the problem/bug reveals itself (probably because the Draugr now have a behavior change to associate itself with). Now I am not sure if it's specifically FNIS, SexLab, or both together that cause the issue, but if anyone can confirm this issue running both at the same time, then I can know it's just not me.

Thanks for reading and apologies if this does not seem the right topic to address the issue.

You are absolutely right here, jacques. This can only be an FNIS issue.

First of all I have to compliment you on you knowledgeable report. It's real rare that users can specifically identify animation files, not to mention draugr ones. And this precise identification has lead immediately to the cause of this issue. Now can you tell me if you have Dawnguard and/or Dragonborn installe? I assume you haven't.

One of the changes for CP 4.0.4 actually were related to draugrs. I had noticed that Beth had put creature behavior changes into the DLC bsa. Which is an unbelievable beginner mistake. So I'm using the DLC behaviors as basis.

Now when you look into the LAST 12 animation file names in draugr_default_TEMPLATE.txt

<hkcstring>Animations\DLC01\Special_GroundEmerge.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\DLC01\Special_Summon.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_AlcoveLayingExit.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_AlcoveLayingIdle.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SarcophagusExit.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SarcophagusIdle.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SitExit.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SitIdle.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SitSlouched2Exit.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SitSlouched2Idle.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SitSlouchedExit.HKX</hkcstring>
<hkcstring>Animations\SpecialIdle_SitSlouchedIdle.HKX</hkcstring>

you can see that the first 2 are the new ones added by the DLC. And the 10 files following are basically the ones you have reported. So it looks like the inclusion of the new ones has broken the indexing of the last 10.

So far so easy.

The problem is: there is no "indexing" between the only 2 draugr behavior files (draugrbehavior.hkx and draugr.hkx). However there are some strange .txt files in "meshes" which Beth seemingly uses as last resort when when "normal" integration between engine and behaviors has failed. And in one of these files I found the following lines 

Sarcophagus_LayingIdle

Sarcophagus_LayingExit

And guess what: SpecialIdle_SarcophagusExit.HKX is animation 208, SpecialIdle_SarcophagusIdle.HKX is 209. 

So now I have to check whether the user has installed DG or DB, and in this case use 2 different files. Sometimes I really hate Bethesda for what they did. I will do this fix, but please don't expect me to do it right away. 

Thanks to you again for this extraordinary report.

Now can you tell me if you have Dawnguard and/or Dragonborn installe? I assume you haven't.

Nope, I have neither DLCs--or that is, I don't have either voluntarily... Steam gave me Dawnguard for some reason some weeks back (most likely due to a glitch in the system), but I haven't played through all of the vanilla version and I'm okay keeping my game where it is, so I left it deactivated.

That's awesome that you point all that out because now I can connect the dots and see where those issues in particular stem from. For me, I just glance over things without reading through the game's lists, scripts, and codes unless totally necessary so it's hard for me to deduce the source of problem aside from trial and error, especially if I'm not familiar with the update history of the game.

I think It would be cool if FNIS eventually gets an installer so the user can choose to install the variants that relate to their DLC builds and not get clutter from unnecessary files (I had noticed some DLC creatures that behavior files were installed for that I would never use in game), as well as avert clashes with DLC on DLC-less games.

Thank you very much for the feedback and I'm glad it inadvertently helped out in some way--keep up the great work!

Hi Great Modders !

I've got a question for Mr. fore !

* kneeling for praying like a useless old bearded creepy shouter in his tower on the not-really-that-much top of the fucking highest mountain of Tamriel *

Can you remove the creatures from the DB and DG DLCs in your FNIS Zoo mod ? I'm in deep need of testing all the wonderful mods included in these forums and I'd like to use your mod for testing textures, animations, AI, and so many more things mods are supposed to do.

IF you don't want to do it, is there any way for me to remove the creatures from the DLCs in your mod so I can use it ?

Thanks for reading (and answering please !)

Hi Great Modders !

I've got a question for Mr. fore !

* kneeling for praying like a useless old bearded creepy shouter in his tower on the not-really-that-much top of the fucking highest mountain of Tamriel *

Can you remove the creatures from the DB and DG DLCs in your FNIS Zoo mod ? I'm in deep need of testing all the wonderful mods included in these forums and I'd like to use your mod for testing textures, animations, AI, and so many more things mods are supposed to do.

IF you don't want to do it, is there any way for me to remove the creatures from the DLCs in your mod so I can use it ?

Thanks for reading (and answering please !)

Up until last week I was convinced (and fortified by a Bethesda forum thread) that it was impossible to remove an .esm dependency from a mod. But now I learned that it can easily be done with the CK.

It worked for me, but I don't want to de-install my DLC to test that for a non-DLC environment. Could you?

EDIT: sorry I was dreaming when I added the attachment. Here is the right one (FNIS Zoo)

FNIS_Zoo4.0_without_DLC_esp_only.7z

Archived