FNIS for Modders / FNIS 4.0 [WIP]

fore

Hi Great Modders !

I've got a question for Mr. fore !

* kneeling for praying like a useless old bearded creepy shouter in his tower on the not-really-that-much top of the fucking highest mountain of Tamriel *

Can you remove the creatures from the DB and DG DLCs in your FNIS Zoo mod ? I'm in deep need of testing all the wonderful mods included in these forums and I'd like to use your mod for testing textures, animations, AI, and so many more things mods are supposed to do.

IF you don't want to do it, is there any way for me to remove the creatures from the DLCs in your mod so I can use it ?

Thanks for reading (and answering please !)

Up until last week I was convinced (and fortified by a Bethesda forum thread) that it was impossible to remove an .esm dependency from a mod. But now I learned that it can easily be done with the CK.

It worked for me, but I don't want to de-install my DLC to test that for a non-DLC environment. Could you?

Wait wait wait... It were the spells causing CTDs ?

I thought it were the creatures !

Anyway, I'll try your mod modification, thanks a lot fore !

And while you are around I'd like to make a request I've always wanted to make to one of the best modders ever, since the first day I've played Skyrim : 

Is there any way to create dynamic hair

Because I think it is the MOST lack of reality in Skyrim, the hair can't move ! Of course there is some collision management but they never ever REALLY move! 

EDIT - I think there is something wrong, in description of FNIS Zoo you talk about Creatures Pack 4.0.3, problem is you only share Creatures Pack 4.0.4, not older versions (or at least not on Nexus Mods), is it normal ? 

And while you are around I'd like to make a request I've always wanted to make to one of the best modders ever, since the first day I've played Skyrim : 

Because I think it is the MOST lack of reality in Skyrim, the hair can't move ! Of course there is some collision management but they never ever REALLY move! 

EDIT - I think there is something wrong, in description of FNIS Zoo you talk about Creatures Pack 4.0.3, problem is you only share Creatures Pack 4.0.4, not older versions (or at least not on Nexus Mods), is it normal ? 

Sorry, I was dreaming. I always make mistakes when I do something in a hurry. 

Now you can get the right esp in the previous post.

And about the hair: xp32 (and others) are working on that. And I have seen great progress in a video (animated pony tail). Look for the Animated Hair Project at Nexus.

Sorry, I was dreaming. I always make mistakes when I do something in a hurry. 

Now you can get the right esp in the previous post.

And about the hair: xp32 (and others) are working on that. And I have seen great progress in a video (animated pony tail). Look for the Animated Hair Project at Nexus.

This new file makes it working perfectly, I've got 35 creatures (I think) waiting at the right place, no CTD at all and the anims work without any problem for me.

Thanks again sir, now I'll be able to do some interesting tests with animations and textures!

Btw, I think it would be cool to upload it on NM for modders/testers/users who don't have the DB and DG DLCs !

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! 

EDIT - It looks like you didn't really removed the creatures, just the textures/meshes/skeleton , am I wrong ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fore , Im Not sure this is a Problem , But offset Animations always need a An AO , Am I correct , 

they Have to be Defined in the list  ,

'----------YOKES ARMS TO THE SIDE -----------
'MAIN OFFSET
ofa -o ZazAPCOFFYoke01 ZazAPCOFFYoke01.hkx MyCuffs

the MyCuffs here is a dummy

-o is always required ? 

Because It doesnt work without the -o 

Cheers

Hi Fore , Im Not sure this is a Problem , But offset Animations always need a An AO , Am I correct , 

they Have to be Defined in the list  ,

'----------YOKES ARMS TO THE SIDE -----------

'MAIN OFFSET

ofa -o ZazAPCOFFYoke01 ZazAPCOFFYoke01.hkx MyCuffs

the MyCuffs here is a dummy

-o is always required ? 

Because It doesnt work without the -o 

Cheers

"-o" stands for AO. So if you have an AO you have to add the option "-o", if you don't you don't. :)

I know it's over-defined. But since I don't know if there will ever be some parameter which makes it necessary to have a distinction between AO and not, I thought it's not a bad idea to require this -o option from the beginning.

fuo -a ZaZMOMFreeFurn_Enter ZaZMOMFreeFurnEnter.hkx
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_01 ZaZMOMFreeFurn01.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL 
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_02 ZaZMOMFreeFurn02.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_03 ZaZMOMFreeFurn03.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO
+ -a ZaZMOMFreeFurn_Exit ZazMOMFurnitureExit.hkx 

Hello Again , 

A Question For All Modders and Fore , Is the there a way Use SendAnimationEvent  Via ConSole  ?

( Playidle  wont work on Furniture Idles ) 

Any Suggestions

Cheers

+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_01 ZaZMOMFreeFurn01.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL 
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_02 ZaZMOMFreeFurn02.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_03 ZaZMOMFreeFurn03.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO

Hello Again , 

A Question For All Modders and Fore , Is the there a way Use SendAnimationEvent  Via ConSole  ?

Any Suggestions

Cheers

Even if there was a console SAE (which doesn't exist afaik) this would not work either.

The only ways to start furniture animations I know of are packages for NPCs and Activate() for PC.

Hello Again , 

Any Suggestions

Cheers

Even if there was a console SAE (which doesn't exist afaik) this would not work either.

The only ways to start furniture animations I know of are packages for NPCs and Activate() for PC.

Wait So there Cannot be multiple animations in a single furniture and not call them via script or console 

Suppose I the modder wanted to jump to the second looping Idle is that possible ? and how 

Cheers

Ok, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to START the furniture animations with SAE. That's not possible. But it's possible and intended to jump from one loop to another with SAE. But of course that you cannot do via console.

I'm never using console, so I have recommended not to define playidles for all but the necessary 2 or 3 animations. But you still can try. Define your 2nd and 3rd loop the same way you defined your 1st (as Enter). Then it should be possible to use them with playidle().

Ok, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to START the furniture animations with SAE. That's not possible. But it's possible and intended to jump from one loop to another with SAE. But of course that you cannot do via console.

I'm never using console, so I have recommended not to define playidles for all but the necessary 2 or 3 animations. But you still can try. Define your 2nd and 3rd loop the same way you defined your 1st (as Enter). Then it should be possible to use them with playidle().

Ah , I get it now , 

I just need a Way to test it Seamlessly , 

So once in the Furniture I can transition to the next loop Smoothly , to check if the positions are ok and Stuff ,

All this works with AO based animations for example 

'Milk-O-Matic II  Furniture Version

+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_03 ZaZMOMFreeFurn03.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO AOZaZ2DMOMFProbeLockAO

'------------------------------------------

'Milk-O-Matic II  AO Version

o ZaZMOMFree01AO ZaZMOMFree01AO.hkx AOZaZ1AMOMFBase AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop
o ZaZMOMFree02AO ZaZMOMFree02AO.hkx AOZaZ1AMOMFBase AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO
o ZaZMOMFree03AO ZaZMOMFree03AO.hkx AOZaZ1AMOMFBase AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO AOZaZ1CMOMFFeeder
o ZaZMOMFree04AO ZaZMOMFree04AO.hkx AOZaZ1AMOMFBase AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGagAO AOZaZ1CMOMFFeeder AOZaZ2DMOMFProbeLockAO

But  the mod Author wants Furniture animations like most do , its easier in a sense , but now I wonder

Worse comes to worse , I will make 2 versions and See which is more Appropriate and easier 

Cheers  

No. no. That's a misunderstanding.

Right now you have make idle definitions in the CK, like 

ZaZEnter, using ZaZMOMFreeFurn_Enter

ZaZEnterInstant, using ZaZMOMFreeFurn_01 (optionally)

ZaZExit, using

My proposal is to define 2 more idle objects (DIRECTLY under ZaZEnterInstant), like

ZaZLoop1, using ZaZMOMFreeFurn_02

ZaZLoop2, using ZaZMOMFreeFurn_03

Both ZaZloop definition should have the condition "Getsitting == 3". 

I THINK this will work and does not interfere with your ZaZExit definition.

Fore , Im Having Issues again , the animated Objects are showing When Being Played in Sequence ,  ?

Via Console that is , but technically they Should Right 

instead the animated object Disappears  , and come back again when reloading the next animation 

Im Doing more Research but just a heads up 

Cheers

Edit - on a little more trial and errors the AO's that are in the previous animation dont Show up when moving to the next animation Even if they are listed 

Cheers

Fore , Im Having Issues again , the animated Objects are showing When Being Played in Sequence ,  ?

instead the animated object Disappears  , and come back again when reloading the next animation 

Cheers

Edit - on a little more trial and errors the AO's that are in the previous animation dont Show up when moving to the next animation Even if they are listed 

Cheers

Are these your own animation and AOs, or do you use vanilla one for your test? I had a similar problem once, and it took me hours to find the reason.

In some animations (e.g. prayer) the bone to which the AO is connected might be pushed out far away. I think Beth has done that to temporarily get rid of existing AOs without unloading them.

Cheers

Cheers

Are these your own animation and AOs, or do you use vanilla one for your test? I had a similar problem once, and it took me hours to find the reason.

In some animations (e.g. prayer) the bone to which the AO is connected might be pushed out far away. I think Beth has done that to temporarily get rid of existing AOs without unloading them.

The Problem is only Happening when switching animations on the furniture , They Are my Own Animations and AO's . This is not happening with , -o type animations when used differently  .

Cheers

Is it the same with changing the animations with SAE() in a script? I have tested all kind of AO load/unload situation, and I don't know where to start. If it works with script/SAE, but not with console/playidle, I probably can't do anything about it.

Try to define the furniture animation as optimized (with fo). There the AOs are unloaded only if necesary. However you cannot freely jump around without missing AOs in some cases. See the modder's doc for details.

Is it the same with changing the animations with SAE() in a script? I have tested all kind of AO load/unload situation, and I don't know where to start. If it works with script/SAE, but not with console/playidle, I probably can't do anything about it.

Try to define the furniture animation as optimized (with fo). There the AOs are unloaded only if necesary. However you cannot freely jump around without missing AOs in some cases. See the modder's doc for details.

+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_01 ZaZMOMFreeFurn01.hkx MyCuffs
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_02 ZaZMOMFreeFurn02.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_03 ZaZMOMFreeFurn03.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGag
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_04 ZaZMOMFreeFurn04.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGag AOZaZ1CMOMFFeeder
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_05 ZaZMOMFreeFurn05.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGag AOZaZ1CMOMFFeeder AOZaZ2DMOMFProbeLock
+ -o ZaZMOMFreeFurn_06 ZaZMOMFreeFurn06.hkx AOZaZ1DMOMFEngineStop AOZaZ2AMOMFSuctionR AOZaZ2BMOMFSuctionL AOZaZ2CMOMFGag AOZaZ1CMOMFFeederMove AOZaZ2DMOMFProbeLock

Actually I have no Idea How to Use SAE , thats Why  Issue .....

Also ( Fo ? ) Im Using Fuo 

From the Document 

when you use AnimObjects and want to use optimized fu ("fuo"). The first and last animation MUST be
acyclic ("-a"). The second to last SHOULD be cyclic (NOT "-a").

I will try using Fu ?

Cheers

fu vs. fuo (of course), that's the reason. 

I made the optimized fuo to avoid unnecessary AO load/unload to prevent flicker effects like in Estrus. Because the system does not allow single AO unequip.

However, the disadvantage of fuo is that you cannot freely jump between animations if you add or delete AOs all the time like in your example. 

So stay with fu, and hope that the flicker effect won't be noticable.

FNIS 4.1 Experimental: Can it solve some Load Game CTDs?

User test indicate that with it's Behavior files structure (all custom behavior files are linked through a seperate custom file, FNISRoot_Behavior.hkx)
FNIS might contribute to CTDs when loading a save game.
Especially when CTDs are not permanent, or can be circumvented by first loading an older save game, and then loading the problem one.   

The FNIS 4.1 Experimental patch  tries to work-around these CTDs by linking the custom behaviors directly from Skyrim's 0_master.hkx. But since making this change has considerable impact on users, I don't want to permanently implement this change until I can be sure it is really beneficial.

Users having Load CTD problems download FNIS 4.1 Experimental, and install it on top of FNIS 4.0.2. To uninstall this patch, simply re-install FNIS 4.0.2

I DO NOT RECOMMEND INSTALLING FNIS 4.1 Experimental WHEN YOU DON'T EXPERIENCE LOAD CTDs. And IT WILL NOT HELP non-FNIS USERS. And PLEASE: Give feed-back if this patch fixes your problem.

I normally get a lot of crashes on load, like 1/4 loads or so, so I installed it.

I've been loading in and out of skyrim a lot for the past 4-5 hours while I work on my mod and haven't been having any crashes on load.I may have one or two crashes, I'm normally so used to them happening though I may have tuned them out. Certainly noticed an improvement though.

What sort negative impact is it supposed to have? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary so far.

You might not notice it any more with all this creature and mt_behavior generation. But now this huge 0_master has to be generated every time, which can make a noticeable time difference, especially for users with weak PCs.

Then PCEA doesn't work an more. A second 0_master which has to be generated every time.

And then there is all the work I have to do. PCEA changes, 0_master patches for xp32's animations, and most of all, a similar change to all 49 creatures. 

I just hate this job.  :)

Archived