Morrowind Mr Cellophane's Lovers and Legends Repository

could you please improve the description by labeling what each file does?

also i keep getting an error about missing meshes it keeps looking for meshes in "data files\meshes\b" but there is no "b" folder in the meshes directory

EDIT: Fixed the mesh problem i had to download the meshes myself and manually installing better bodies didnt work by roberts bodies did

also i have L&L X&X installed and i cant seem to get threesomes to work i have an x-friend (male) and a lover (female) but each time i call my lover and x friend it just spawns my lover

Edited by nameisname01
  • 1 month later...

does this Work with Open Morrowind on a Mac M1 via Crossover? I Installed Morrowind Not in Program files seperately but the Game doesn't work without Open MW properly. I know its not the best setup for Gaming nor Modding but thats what i gotta work with for now.. It sure is a challenge to make this work 

• 3 months later...

Honestly, as someone new to Morrowind and this specific mod, I'm a bit confused as to what downloads are actually necessary for the base installation and to get things running, and what the real difference is between various versions and such. Will see if I can't dig through them all a bit later to see if I can get it all strung together in my mind, and later hopefully the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I almost got it installed.
I'm stuck for the PC, every time I get the error message 
Player's head BP name is: B_N_Imperial_F_Head_07
Found head BP in file: Morrowind.esm
Uses mesh: Data Files\Meshes\b\B_N_Imperial_F_Head_07.NIF
For all body parts and when I look in the error file 
it gives me this 
Could not find file: Data Files\Meshes\b_N_Imperial_F_Head_07.NIF
To replace file: Data Files\Meshes\Cello_Fem1_Head0.NIF.

Then I see where to find these files.

I looked in all the files proposed on the page of the mod. All that's there is for the argonians etc. But not for imperials and other races.

For the moment, I'll leave it alone it's really boring. I don't want to spend a whole day every time trying to find a non-existent file.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, sunhawken said:

Alex's Piercing's can be found here.  https://mw.modhistory.com/download-55-6297 

This looks amazing. I'm using Robert's Bodies though. Recently I found a patch for Aleanne's Clothes and Armor that works with Robert's Bodies: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/51950?tab=description

Now I'm really wishing the meshes for the piercings mod could be updated in similar fashion.

Also, there are two versions of the piercings, but I cannot pinpoint any difference, visually. Not that I'm complaining. As I said, it looks spectacular (Edit: One of them is light armor. Nice to have the option). Thank you for sharing this mod. I didn't know it was out there, seeing how I usually browse Nexus mods for this game.

As for the original post, I'm using OpenMW with a ton of graphical overhauls, so I would like to also ask: does this work with OpenMW? Robert's Bodies?

Edited by Shade_12
9 minutes ago, Shade_12 said:

This looks amazing. I'm using Robert's Bodies though. Recently I found a patch for Aleanne's Clothes and Armor that works with Robert's Bodies: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/51950?tab=description

Now I'm really wishing the meshes for the piercings mod could be updated in similar fashion.

Also, there are two versions of the piercings, but I cannot pinpoint any difference, visually. Not that I'm complaining. As I said, it looks spectacular. Thank you for sharing this mod. I didn't know it was out there, seeing how I usually browse Nexus mods for this game.

As for the original post, I'm using OpenMW with a ton of graphical overhauls, so I would like to also ask: does this work with OpenMW? Robert's Bodies?

Personally, I've never been able to get this mod to work properly.  And I used to use Robert's Bodies too.
If I took off my character's clothes, there was no problem.
But as soon as I wanted to use the mod, the characters were invisible.
Not to mention the incomprehensible error messages on the body meshes.  And those for Vivec Almalexia if I used the addon.
I use Mo2.
In short, I dropped the idea of using it.  And given the date of the last few posts on the topic, I think getting help here will be nearly impossible. Too old.

39 minutes ago, hana120 said:

Personally, I've never been able to get this mod to work properly.  And I used to use Robert's Bodies too.
If I took off my character's clothes, there was no problem.
But as soon as I wanted to use the mod, the characters were invisible.
Not to mention the incomprehensible error messages on the body meshes.  And those for Vivec Almalexia if I used the addon.
I use Mo2.
In short, I dropped the idea of using it.  And given the date of the last few posts on the topic, I think getting help here will be nearly impossible. Too old.

Well I just installed the piercings mod and that works at least. So people can at least use that. That one link made it worth it for me to scroll through this thread. I'm just back to using Better Bodies to appreciate the mod is all.

Edited by Shade_12
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, iampiano said:

Female bodies compile correctly, but Male bodies appear to be an issue. They don't want to load at all during scenes, causing errors 

This mod seems to be a pain to operate.
Personally, I never managed to get it to work and I've given up trying to use it.

2 hours ago, hana120 said:

This mod seems to be a pain to operate.
Personally, I never managed to get it to work and I've given up trying to use it.

I actually got it to work somehow lol

Steps:

ModOrginizer: (If you don't use MO2, this doesn't matter. Your head mods are already set.)

Transfer all of your hair/head mods to your (real) Morrowind installation folder 

Better Bodies: (Mesh pathing is incorrect, so we need to fix that)
1) Create a directory in Meshes and name it \b\
2) Copy, don’t move, the contents of directory \bb\ into \b\

Setup:
1) Copy your save game, paste it in the same folder, then re-name your copied save to "Cello.ess" (If you don't, the compilers will not work.) 

2) Extract the L&L base mod "Mr Cellophane's Lovers and Legends.zip" into your Morrowind folder. (These files are located in the shaved/hairy folders)
3) Download "L&L X&X V6.30.rar" 

4) Extract "L&L X&X V6.30.rar" files into your Morrowind folder.  

5) Run the compilers 
Note:  Only activate "L&L X&X.ESP" (The others are bugged) 

6) Launch Morrowind with "Cello LAL Controller" running

7) Find a boyfriend/girlfriend, then run "Cello XAX Controller" (You should get a message in the DOS window confirming your partner + settings their head/hair configuration.)

Then save/reload, drop a rose, and a press G to start the mod. 
Keybinds:
B: Switches your body
Space: Changes scene 

Z: Automatic mode
X: Manual mode. 

Following the above steps should ensure you have body meshes/textures and your partners head paths set. 

Untitled.png

17 minutes ago, iampiano said:

I actually got it to work somehow lol

Steps:

ModOrginizer: (If you don't use MO2, this doesn't matter. Your head mods are already set.)

Transfer all of your hair/head mods to your (real) Morrowind installation folder 

Better Bodies: (Mesh pathing is incorrect, so we need to fix that)
1) Create a directory in Meshes and name it \b\
2) Copy, don’t move, the contents of directory \bb\ into \b\

Setup:
1) Copy your save game, paste it in the same folder, then re-name your copied save to "Cello.ess" (If you don't, the compilers will not work.) 

2) Extract the L&L base mod "Mr Cellophane's Lovers and Legends.zip" into your Morrowind folder. (These files are located in the shaved/hairy folders)
3) Download "L&L X&X V6.30.rar" 

4) Extract "L&L X&X V6.30.rar" files into your Morrowind folder.  

5) Run the compilers 
Note:  Only activate "L&L X&X.ESP" (The others are bugged) 

6) Launch Morrowind with "Cello LAL Controller" running

7) Find a boyfriend/girlfriend, then run "Cello XAX Controller" (You should get a message in the DOS window confirming your partner + settings their head/hair configuration.)

Then save/reload, drop a rose, and a press G to start the mod. 
Keybinds:
B: Switches your body
Space: Changes scene 

Z: Automatic mode
X: Manual mode. 

Following the above steps should ensure you have body meshes/textures and your partners head paths set. 

Untitled.png

Does the addon for Vivec, Almalexia also work?

13 hours ago, iampiano said:

Yup!

23123123.jpg

I have tried, once again, it does not work.
All I get is "tududu" error message blah blah blah stupid!
I don't have the patience to waste my time with this anymore!
I give up, too bad for me but that's the way it is, otherwise I'll go crazy!

17 hours ago, iampiano said:

Yup!

23123123.jpg

That was my last attempt.
I give up. In fact, it's not so much the mod itself that's boring but the game.
I did exactly as you said for Better Bodies.
I created a file called b where I copied and pasted the files from the Better Bodies mod from Nexus.
And did the same for the rest.
When I ran my savegame, I got an error message that said better bodie with bb thingy.
I only tried with the Cellophane's Lower one, it worked but the arms legs etc were invisible.
I even created a b file in the better bodies mod folder, it was the same.
I'm going to stop with this and give up. Anyway, I had already seen on the internet that Morrowind is a very boring game to mod and that many people have given up because it's so headachey.

The game basically says "FUCK! "You're an idiot! You don't know how to use it" "You're an idiot", well that's my feeling.

I say congratulations to you all the same for having managed to make this infernal mod work and to have succeeded in modding this game.

And a little message for those who want to use this mod.
A piece of advice: ABANDON! Don't even think about it! It's for your own sanity. Believe me, you'll feel much better if you don't try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to get back into Morrowind to try some of the new mods and I remembered this mod.

Does anyone know why I always get a mesh error for the male bodies?

What type of male body I'm supposed to use with this?

I've tried using Better Bodies and Robert Bodies, but I keep getting the mesh errors,

Edit: NVM I fixed it by installing the pluginless robert bodies with MO and then copying the "b" folder of the robert bodies in the meshes folder of the game installation folder. It was a pain in the ass, but I figured out.

Edited by CrazySloth
  • 2 months later...

Here's something coming from a Nexus Mods user that i thought was worth sharing. Check the actual comment if you have a Nexus account here, cause i'm not copying the links over.:

"There was a first Lovers and Legends mod by MR Cellophane at early Morrowind modding (2005-2006?) which was very limited in its options and extremely crashy, the way in which it worked was very annoying too forcing the player to close the game several times, etc. It was barely playable for most people, not at all for many.

Some time later someone (edit. it was Fliggerty!), made an integration for Romance Mod and Lovers and Legends which you included here, I think there were some older and a newer version.

Then Jac and Axel added the classic "addon" with new positions.

And finally the real rebirth of the old Lovers and Legends came at 2014 when brianwlim, a Lover's Lab user added his own patches and submods in three different threads and just in 1 single month: An initial revamp,fixing CTDs and bugs and adding some QOL improvements which thread you can read here, a second mod  which added threesomes (this is the thread for that submod) and finally the last addition with sex options for Almalexia, Vivec, beast races (...) and even Dremora and even more interestingly add some options to change between female body types in middle of the action if you prefer others (Which if I remember correctly works for better bodies and robert's but also for some less popular body types as that more recent curvy body mod or others?), read more here.

You have the entire Lover's Lab repository updated to 2021 or so here with all those aforementioned files and even some more (piercings & tatoos optional addon, piercing shop, etc). You need an account in that site to see the numerous download options, they are all still there, including the original mod and all submods and versions and an absurd amount of repeated files in different compression formats (Why?). Edit. The repository is a mess, there is no order nor explanation of what is what but it's pretty intuitive, from older to newer: 1. "Mr Cellophane's Lovers and Legends" files are the original mod, just chose one of the many zip formats lol; 2. "L&L addon" is the old submod adding more positions; 3. "Lovers n Legends and The Romance Mod Integration" file is only for the use of both mods together (but I'm not sure if new submods work with this...); 4. "Lovers and Legend - Revamp" is the first modern update to the system by brianwlim; 5. "L&L X&X V6.30" is the last version for the threesomes addon + options for gods/beastfolk/dremora (I don't remember if some of previous versions with different number offer something different but I think they were accumulative, the last one included all, so you only would need this one, however better check in the original threads, second and third I linked); 6 and 7. Finally two little different mods for piercings "female_piercing_shop_12" and "pierced". That's all.

If you only want to add original Mr Cellophane Lovers & Legend mod as your description say "all credits for Mr Cellophane", then you should remove the addon or the integration with romance mod (both from other authors) and the L&L X&X readme which is from a 2014 submod you didn't even included here.

However if what you want is to add an actually playable and updated version of the mod, with all the submods etc, you should investigate a bit in the aforementioned threads in Lovers Lab (and few others about the original mod), add complete files as explained before and change the current description to explain this is a compilation with work of many different authors and fixing the confusion with the "old mod" and X&X readme."

If i get the darn thing to work on my own Morrowind install, i'll post a tutorial and files here. I'm not abandoning it, i'm way too horny for that

• 4 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 4:29 PM, hana120 said:

I give up. In fact, it's not so much the mod itself that's boring but the game.

I'm going to stop with this and give up. Anyway, I had already seen on the internet that Morrowind is a very boring game to mod and that many people have given up because it's so headachey.

Got a good lol from me. Morrowind has some great mods and many are easy to install. This is just one of the hardest to get running due to how arcane its method is. But with MO2 you can set it up, or remove it safely if it fails.

First of all, body replacers. Technicaly Robert's work but it leaves gaps between male groin and rest of the body so its better to stick to Better Bodies. I used latest 3.2 which leaves a very small gap between the groin but its barely visible. If you can find Fit Body Textures by Westly, you can apply it to BB.

For Almalexia's textures to show we need Better Almalexia by Plangkye. Don't add Better AlmaleXXXia afterwards, it caused an issue with Almalexia lying down.

For Vivec's textures to show we need Vivec God Replacer by Psymoniser. Thankfully wayback machine download works for this.

as for the L&L, the mods are:

1- Mr Cellophane's Lovers & Legends

2- L&L addon

3- L&L X&X 6.2

all three are in the download page. You only need "L&L X&X.esp" to be active

Here's the main issue: "Cello LAL Files" folder and all those .exe and .bat files should be in the root folder where Morrowind.exe is. MO2 can't do that so you need to manualy copy them there. And as we are using MO2, we need to run all of those .exe files from MO2. Rest of it is as instructed:

1-Make sure you have MWSE. If you already set up your MGEXE, you have it. If not, go get it. (This step means it will never work with OpenMW unless someone remakes this)

2-Make copy of your latest save and rename it Cello.ess . You need to do this even if you are starting fresh since the next 5 executables take this save's mod list to do their stuff. If you are just starting new, make sure to go through chargen and leave the census office to make a save.

3-Run the 5 exe in order from MO2's executables (data file list, race list, customize for player, npc list, and mesh list)

4-After it finishes, you can run both controllers before launching Morrowind. You can technicaly play with only X&X controller but L&L controller will give you "lover" npc slot to play with.

5-Go to anyone you want to shag and ask them out. After that, do a quick save and quick load. (You may need to do a game restart if something doesn't work, like invisible lover body)

You can have sex by dropping the rose and pressing G while looking at the rose or at a bed (where sex happens at the elevation you dropped the rose, so keep it on the bed)

One issue I had is on both female lover and xgirl, they didn't auto undress. My male character and xboy undressed automaticaly (except for the weapon from weapon sheating mod). So you may need to undress them manualy after initiating the sex.

Haven't tested the beast races. Dremora probably requires Playable Dremora mod but I might be wrong and Anhaedra might really be gentle. B button to change body was also bugged or I missed something to make that work.

Spoiler

open console and type

coc Cello_Holding_Area

and see all the wonders! (good for testing if mesh/textures works)

image.png.e44cf987dc2d53e8afc8d2a08f634adf.png

Fargot's shack hate fuck

image.png.d4ca8520bf3457a9427b306417715ced.png

Fun with the Arrille ladies (and not undressing issue)

image.png.8a3957ff57f19716fd9b0ce56d007056.png

This is all nice and dandy but can it run with my main install of 300+ mods? This is where the "create mesh list" becomes an absolute slog, and it crashed due to RAM issues before even reaching 1%.  But there is a way to go around this. I basicaly created these list on a seperate profile with smaller modlist which only has the face/hair mod I use and companion mods I want to get into action with. No need to have whole Tamriel Rebuilt NPC's to be included. Made new character that looks same as my original. That way mesh list is only made on vanilla npc's + ones I want. If you are playing with very little mods then you don't need to do this of course but for anyone who wants to have new landmass mods, keep that in mind.

Anyway, Here's my Breton bard getting in action with Arvesa and Dras inside Eye of Arississ home.

Spoiler

image.png.c96993c4380678d7d99e783972895239.pngimage.png.1cec8c6c7ff49712880f86c50599fc96.png

On 3/17/2024 at 9:23 PM, dracorider said:

Got a good lol from me. Morrowind has some great mods and many are easy to install. This is just one of the hardest to get running due to how arcane its method is. But with MO2 you can set it up, or remove it safely if it fails.

First of all, body replacers. Technicaly Robert's work but it leaves gaps between male groin and rest of the body so its better to stick to Better Bodies. I used latest 3.2 which leaves a very small gap between the groin but its barely visible. If you can find Fit Body Textures by Westly, you can apply it to BB.

For Almalexia's textures to show we need Better Almalexia by Plangkye. Don't add Better AlmaleXXXia afterwards, it caused an issue with Almalexia lying down.

For Vivec's textures to show we need Vivec God Replacer by Psymoniser. Thankfully wayback machine download works for this.

as for the L&L, the mods are:

1- Mr Cellophane's Lovers & Legends

2- L&L addon

3- L&L X&X 6.2

all three are in the download page. You only need "L&L X&X.esp" to be active

Here's the main issue: "Cello LAL Files" folder and all those .exe and .bat files should be in the root folder where Morrowind.exe is. MO2 can't do that so you need to manualy copy them there. And as we are using MO2, we need to run all of those .exe files from MO2. Rest of it is as instructed:

1-Make sure you have MWSE. If you already set up your MGEXE, you have it. If not, go get it. (This step means it will never work with OpenMW unless someone remakes this)

2-Make copy of your latest save and rename it Cello.ess . You need to do this even if you are starting fresh since the next 5 executables take this save's mod list to do their stuff. If you are just starting new, make sure to go through chargen and leave the census office to make a save.

3-Run the 5 exe in order from MO2's executables (data file list, race list, customize for player, npc list, and mesh list)

4-After it finishes, you can run both controllers before launching Morrowind. You can technicaly play with only X&X controller but L&L controller will give you "lover" npc slot to play with.

5-Go to anyone you want to shag and ask them out. After that, do a quick save and quick load. (You may need to do a game restart if something doesn't work, like invisible lover body)

You can have sex by dropping the rose and pressing G while looking at the rose or at a bed (where sex happens at the elevation you dropped the rose, so keep it on the bed)

One issue I had is on both female lover and xgirl, they didn't auto undress. My male character and xboy undressed automaticaly (except for the weapon from weapon sheating mod). So you may need to undress them manualy after initiating the sex.

Haven't tested the beast races. Dremora probably requires Playable Dremora mod but I might be wrong and Anhaedra might really be gentle. B button to change body was also bugged or I missed something to make that work.

Reveal hidden contents

open console and type

coc Cello_Holding_Area

and see all the wonders! (good for testing if mesh/textures works)

image.png.e44cf987dc2d53e8afc8d2a08f634adf.png

Fargot's shack hate fuck

image.png.d4ca8520bf3457a9427b306417715ced.png

Fun with the Arrille ladies (and not undressing issue)

image.png.8a3957ff57f19716fd9b0ce56d007056.png

This is all nice and dandy but can it run with my main install of 300+ mods? This is where the "create mesh list" becomes an absolute slog, and it crashed due to RAM issues before even reaching 1%.  But there is a way to go around this. I basicaly created these list on a seperate profile with smaller modlist which only has the face/hair mod I use and companion mods I want to get into action with. No need to have whole Tamriel Rebuilt NPC's to be included. Made new character that looks same as my original. That way mesh list is only made on vanilla npc's + ones I want. If you are playing with very little mods then you don't need to do this of course but for anyone who wants to have new landmass mods, keep that in mind.

Anyway, Here's my Breton bard getting in action with Arvesa and Dras inside Eye of Arississ home.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c96993c4380678d7d99e783972895239.pngimage.png.1cec8c6c7ff49712880f86c50599fc96.png

Thank you.
But I gave up a long time ago playing with these mods on Morrowinds.
It’s a shit can’t work.
Always the same messages of incomprehensible errors at the beginning of the game about Cello.