Jump to content

CTD - within seconds of standing near female - FNIS XXL: Warning: \character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible


kamastorm

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good Morning,

 

Bottom Line:

Any time I get within any female npc in game - within seconds CTD. (Yes I get the joke brewing here)

 

Started up FNIS XXL (what I'm using) and ran the

- gender patch check

- skeleton patch

- HKX patch

 

Findings with HKX:

"Warning: \character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible"

 

Q1: I looked in right Data pane of FNIS and tried sifting through all the folders and cannot Locate *what mod* is causing this (any mods come to mind for any of you that have modded female idles?).

 

Q2: What mod has the idle where females stand in place then slowly look around then turn around  in a 360 as if displaying themselves on a runway? (That's what female npcs do on my other profile).

 

*I've searched everywhere and cannot find answers to this.

 

Background (for context):

 

Starting from begining- After testing a couple hundred mods to see what I liked/didn't like - created a separate profile in MO2, deselected some mods and started a new game with alternate start.  After creating my character and starting - couple seconds later - CTD. 

Restarted game from scratch again.  Did everything the same and saved the game right after creating character.  No CTD this time.  Allowed all my mods to initiate.  Then began initiating mods that required manual start in MCM. 

No issues.

 

Then I chose the camping option for alternate start and saved game at camp.   Then ran North down a path, killed a bandit, then ran up to a stray dog that was chilling next to what appeared to be a portal.  Right when I got up to the dog - CTD.

 

Tried again from save - ran to dog and "portal" CTD.  Restarted from save and avoided the dog and bandit and ended up by three female NPCs at a river.  Within seconds - CTD. 

Started from save again - ran to River Run, found a female npc on bridge. Ran up initiated conversation and while I was going through convo - CTD.

Started from save again and went near the dog but not the "portal" - NO CTD and stray dog began following me.  

 

That's when I ran FNIS with the three patches as described above.

 

Discussion:

 

Other than the random CTD or screen freeze that happens rarely after hours of gameplay on my other MO2 profile- never experienced this many CTDs in a row especially on a fresh game with no midway installed or deleted mods.  It looks like when female npcs go to start idle animation, I CTD.  Often they are in T pose which is what caused me to run skeleton fix.

I really need to know what mod is probably causing the problem and what is strange:  This doesn't happen on my other profile that has more mods...

 

 

 

Posted
11 minutes ago, kamastorm said:

Findings with HKX:

"Warning: \character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible"

Normally when you get this notice it is next to the mod that caused it. If that isn't clear try posting your entire FNIS output (copy and paste it here - preferably in a spoiler) and I should be able to identify the mod. 

 

Most commonly this comes when you have loaded an LE version of a mod instead of the SE version.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Normally when you get this notice it is next to the mod that caused it. If that isn't clear try posting your entire FNIS output (copy and paste it here - preferably in a spoiler) and I should be able to identify the mod. 

 

Most commonly this comes when you have loaded an LE version of a mod instead of the SE version.

 

Thank you for your quick reply!

Will gladly post the findings on FNIS later when I'm home from work etc.

 

3 things to bear in mind:

 

1.  It didn't say what mod which was really strange - I sifted through the entire report several times.  That's why I made the post - I cannot Locate what mod is doing this.

 

2.  I'm using the exact same mods on my other profile without these issues - which makes me question whether it has to do with incorrect version or not (although that does make the most sense - that somehow I'm using an LE version rather than SE version).

 

3.  We know that at least an idle animation (if not more issues not found by fnis) is causing problems.  I went to MO2 overwrite folder in meshes to locate idles and couldn't find any so it has to be from a mod I have in MO2.

Posted

 

40 minutes ago, kamastorm said:

3.  We know that at least an idle animation (if not more issues not found by fnis) is causing problems.  I went to MO2 overwrite folder in meshes to locate idles and couldn't find any so it has to be from a mod I have in MO2.

It definitely is from a mod, and hopefully from one you installed through MO if that's what you're using. So it should not be in Overwrite.

 

You'll need to manually find the file and in the process identify which mod it belongs to. For this you'll need to search the Data tab in the right panel of MO and navigate to the full path of the file in question. This would be ...\meshes\actors\character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx

For example in my \female folder I don't have that particular hkx, but I do have others and in MO there is a column for the file name and the Mod these mods come from (2hw_idle.hkx is from "DAR - Smooth combat and non combat animations" mod).

image.png.f7afc7bbf77580c1c73f3e54e19ea8ac.png

 

You'll need to find the corresponding mod for that file, then you can check it in the left panel of MO and remove/replace it with a SE compatible one.

 

edit: btw tech support for SE is in another castle.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

 

You'll need to manually find the the file and in the process identify which mod it belongs to. For this you'll need to search the Data tab in the right panel of MO and navigate to the full path of the file in question. This would be ...\meshes\actors\character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx

For example in my \female folder I don't have that particular hkx, but I do have others and in MO there is a column for the file name and the Mod these mods come from (2hw_idle.hkx is from DAR - Smooth combat and non combat animations" mod).

image.png.f7afc7bbf77580c1c73f3e54e19ea8ac.png

 

You'll need to find the corresponding mod for that file, then you can check it in the left panel of MO and remove/replace it with a SE compatible one.

 

Great stuff.  Wish I were at my PC right now.  Earlier this morning when I looked at the right pane under "Data" I saw about 10 or so folders and below that:  The rest were dozens of mod files down the list.  So do I need to double click on the mod files to open more mod files?  Thats something I haven't done yet.  Or does it have to be inside a folder?  Cause like I said there were only 10 folders or so whereas I thought there would be dozens (Yes I'm using the latest version of MO2).

 

Strangely enough I didn't see a mesh folder though thats what I was looking for (I did find it in the main MO2 folder on my pc and inside overwrite folder). 

 

Wait a minute- perhaps that's it.  Perhaps I can just go to the "Mod" folder in the MO2 folder and do a search for files ending in .hkx (rather than using the MO2 interface)

Posted
52 minutes ago, kamastorm said:

Wait a minute- perhaps that's it.  Perhaps I can just go to the "Mod" folder in the MO2 folder and do a search for files ending in .hkx (rather than using the MO2 interface)

Why? the whole point of the Data tab in MO is to show you the files in a list so you don't have to go folder by folder looking for that file.

Once you're in front of your PC try it. It's way easier to navigate the Data tab than you seem to think. You only need to expand the folders and things are presented as a list. You don't need to double click on the mod files or anything. Just expand the folders mentioned in the warning until you find the file and take note of the mod that is associated to said hkx file.

Posted
2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Why? the whole point of the Data tab in MO is to show you the files in a list so you don't have to go folder by folder looking for that file.

Once you're in front of your PC try it. It's way easier to navigate the Data tab than you seem to think. You only need to expand the folders and things are presented as a list. You don't need to double click on the mod files or anything. Just expand the folders mentioned in the warning until you find the file and take note of the mod that is associated to said hkx file.

This morning I expanded the folders expecting to find something.  Didn't find anything along the lines of what was needed which was bizzare.  There weren't a lot of them either which is also strange to me given that there over 200 folders in the Mod folder within the MO2 folder.

Will give it another go with all these ideas presented this evening.  I'm going to go all the routes it takes to get this resolved and exhaust all possibilities.

Posted

Some people screw up when porting mods from LE to SE. They port their own mod well enough but also throw in requirements. Those required support mods may be badly ported or, in some cases not really supported at all. I recently had to install the Skyrim Editor specifically to load up and then save a modfile to fix it. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Why? the whole point of the Data tab in MO is to show you the files in a list so you don't have to go folder by folder looking for that file.

Once you're in front of your PC try it. It's way easier to navigate the Data tab than you seem to think. You only need to expand the folders and things are presented as a list. You don't need to double click on the mod files or anything. Just expand the folders mentioned in the warning until you find the file and take note of the mod that is associated to said hkx file.

 

 

Many thanks!  The path you listed to check in the right panel did indeed have all the folders I needed while this morning I was looking at the folders while still having FNIS up (do it only displayed 10 folders or so).

 

meshes\actors\character\animations\female\mt_idle.hkx

 

My idea did bring up results - like 227492982 of them that would have taken me a millenia.  So the path in right pane of MO2 was spot on!   Soooo

 

I found the culprit.  "Yvette"  and look at the date - 2013 ... lol.  How this didn't mess up my other profile is beyond me.

 

And upon continuing the save....I still CTD - issue must be baked into the save.  Starting over.  Sucks because registering all those animations takes a while....

Yvette HKX.JPG

Posted

Hmm.  I'm not aware that animations bake into saves, haven't heard that before.  I found this thread, albeit old, where they were compiling a list of things that bake into the save file, they do mention that NPC field "the opposite gender animations flag" but that's not directly what we are dealing with here.  Still, if you are going to start over anyway... You could try deleting the hkx, delete the file that FNIS generates (I forget what it's called right now, I think it says when you run it), try using Fallrim Tools

At the very least you can use it to delete unattached instances, and object REF's (Show Empty REF, right click and delete the REFR folder) but I'm no expert on using that yet, there maybe other things to clear with it.

 

Maybe my ideas won't do squat, but it's what I would try.  Maybe there's something else.

Posted
43 minutes ago, kamastorm said:

And upon continuing the save....I still CTD - issue must be baked into the save.  Starting over.  Sucks because registering all those animations takes a while....

I forgot to edit my previous reply to say this; incompatible hkx files only cause animations issues (broken behavior files which present as the usual A/T-pose). Your crash may come from a similar mod (not intended for SE) or from a missing component.

 

You can pinpoint the problem by starting a new save with few mods and adding them in groups. Or you could try Net Script Framework, it prints crash logs and if the issue is consistent you can get a repeated object it can lead you to the offending mod. There is even an article about common error parts which may contain useful info.

Posted
13 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I forgot to edit my previous reply to say this; incompatible hkx files only cause animations issues (broken behavior files which present as the usual A/T-pose). Your crash may come from a similar mod (not intended for SE) or from a missing component.

 

You can pinpoint the problem by starting a new save with few mods and adding them in groups. Or you could try Net Script Framework, it prints crash logs and if the issue is consistent you can get a repeated object it can lead you to the offending mod. There is even an article about common error parts which may contain useful info.

 

The net script framework sounds like a plan.

Last night I started over a couple times after further trimming the fat with some mods.  Originally had 233 and now it's like 212.

Most the sex mods seem to work.

 

However 2 issues I'm noticing:

1. CTD when I try fast travel to areas around river run (I can do so by two house mods I have nearby) which isn't the usual.  Also a few other areas.

 

2.  Armor mods.  I had literally made a huge batch of armor & clothing via bodyslide to match the female npc followers etc on my other, original profile.  On this new one - they don't show up.  I searched in overwrite in MO2 and found nothing in the meshes.  I looked in my skyrim data\mesh folder and nothing.

Yet I go to my original default profile and lo and behold - my npcs are wearing those clothing...so they show up there but not in new profile although they share the same directories...

Some of the vanilla main npcs in whiterun are walking around with invisible thighs because the replacement armor just isn't there or isn't showing up.

 

Lastly - I find it very strange that my original profile is far more stable although I added new mods on a whim and deleted mods as I went (most were npc followers or npc addons - not many scripts deleted). 

 

Is this theory correct:  that its better to make a save after creating character then add/check mods later, rather than starting with all the mods loaded up?

Posted
On 6/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, Just Don't said:

I forgot to edit my previous reply to say this; incompatible hkx files only cause animations issues (broken behavior files which present as the usual A/T-pose). Your crash may come from a similar mod (not intended for SE) or from a missing component.

 

You can pinpoint the problem by starting a new save with few mods and adding them in groups. Or you could try Net Script Framework, it prints crash logs and if the issue is consistent you can get a repeated object it can lead you to the offending mod. There is even an article about common error parts which may contain useful info.

 

So I just installed Net Script Framework and started a new game.  

 

I have 7 Logs now and they all result with the exact same error/issue:

[18 Jun 2021 21:54:20.247] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF75B2435D8 (SkyrimSE.exe+3635D8) on thread 6976!

 

SkyrimSE.exe+3635D8)

 

For me this crash happens randomly.  It happens upon entering taverns, on fast travel and seemingly out of nowhere while running, while standing in place after conversing with an npc, seconds after sex scenes.  I had thought the other day that it was specific but it's very hard to nail down what could be causing it.  Perhaps when its out of nowhere while I'm in Whiterun, someone just entered the area with a mesh I no longer have?  Perhaps thats why I can't always fast travel to areas without CTD?  Perhaps that's why I CTD upon entering Inns?

 

Thing is - this is a NEW game with NO deleted mods...

 

 

Found a Discussion below about this here and there didn't seem to be any resolution. 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...