Asking - please - for help with old follower conversion to SSE

May I please beg a little help?

Linked here is a file of a follower:  - -deleted- -      Problem has been resolved.

There are some images in the mod folder to show issues.

It's an old LE mod that I've had on my PC for years.  (It's not completely the original, someone has added to it before I downloaded it).

I've done the following with the intention of making her a 3BA with physics who will be nude when first meeting so she can play nude or be clothed in a choice of stuff:

1. Converted to SSE & Form 44
  2. Replaced the meshes with 3BA body and Bijin Textures, and updated the regular skeleton_female.nif in the mod (it may not even require this).
  3. Bit of testing and fault-finding.  (Plus a few hours in the CK....  ? )

There are 3 problems I can't quite get right because my CK knowledge is wobbly:

1. remove the small neck gap apparent when the follower is nude.  This appears to be something to do with the race settings. The original creator (and whoever adjusted this version of the mod)  seems to have been haphazard about the race elements? He's created a race but then applied it oddly.
  2. remove her bandit fur top and shoes without losing the wings and their effects that need to be permanently welded on to her. The creator somehow connected her outfit to the wings, and I can't remove the outfit easily without something going wrong,
  3. Prevent the tendency for her body to explode with some clothes. It would be good of she would use 3BA physics. I got it working a couple of times, only for something else to go wrong.

She has a special skeleton which appears to have issues with HDT/SMP/CBPC but I can manage to equip a range of clothes. But some clothes do something very weird to her body which may be a morphs issue. Funny pic in the file.

If someone is able to teach me how to fix this properly, the learning would be really handy.  It would need to be a guide for dummies...  I can open and navigate the CK and do a few things, so I'm not a totally lost cause.

Thank you for any guidance and help!

BTW - the original mod was taken down because some of the assets were stolen, so I seriously don't recommend anyone nicking it off here and trying to release this.

Edited by Bluegunk

Hey BG,

Apparently not a 'popular' suggestion (I've gotten ... hmm.... "rebuked" a few times for noting I use both, because apparently, "you're not supposed to use CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP together!!!"), but nonetheless,  have you considered running BHUNP along side CBBE-3BBB and converting her to BHUNP?

I have a few older UNP-based followers (already converted for SE but still in their original static "packaging" that converted nicely using BHUNP ( ex: Yuih Sha). While I didn't have to deal with the literal conversion (ie from LE to SE) I did have to/desire to shake out the old UNP body for a more "modern" one.  And since I wanted to retain their original custom textures (UNP of course), I opted for BHUNP underpinnings, since that way, mostly, the only changes are in the skeleton and mesh. I did not repackage, I simply replaced the mesh with a BHUNP mesh created in bodyslide, created a custom preset for bodyside for future ref and armor/clothing fittings, and *maybe tweaked a few settings in her "innards" (height, weight, things like that) using SSEEDIT (not 100% sure if I did or not, but because I even suspect it, I'm pretty sure I did)

point is, a BHUNP conversion, for what I presume is an old LE UNP mod, seems more natural than screwing around with CBBE foundations, (and frankly at least in my opinion, can produce a far closer approximation to the original UNP look and feel, again, presuming it is UNP based, especially in the breast and hips, since BHUNNP sliders are relatively compatible with UNP shapes, rather than fighting with CBBE-family sliders to mimic the original body) 

No guarantee, but it *might be worth a shot. 

If you're interested, make sure BHUNP is installed BEFORE CBBE-3BBB, but is loaded AFTER CBBE-3BBB (since I presume CBBE-3BBB is your player bod... don't wanna screw that up) , and of course, you'd need BHUNP suitable clothing armor (which admittedly could be a deal breaker if you don't want to deal with that). You also need to ensure that the hotkeys are assigned differently so they don't overlap (CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP have effectively identical MCM config options)

And if not...well, chock my comments up to one of "those" replies and I'll just shaddup already ;)

Honestly,  the other two I have no idea,  (BHUNP use *might natively reoslve the neck gap, since I've had no issues there, but maybe Yuih had already fixed a similar issue during his SE update, idk)  but I did want to offer that other part for the 3BA conversion

on #2, I've done some hack surgery on armors to remove elements using NifSkope a couple times, but some armor has ... resisted it (click on the various bits and the whole thing glows and  don't' know how to tunnel in) 

Is the file (linked) suitable for me to play with using stock SE tools (nifskope, SSEEDIT, etc) or is it still in LE format?

Edited by anjenthedog
edited for added, modified content

Btw 2: I went ahead and downloaded. Yes, the neck looks totally weird in the example images you offered. simple neck gap from the front, but the side view is downright wonky.

I opened the head mesh (edit: from the OSP, not the one in the main folder...that one looks correct)  in nikskope...no wonder the neck is weird. this is a snapshot of what nifskope is showing. the important thing to look for here is the neck (and that other odd artifact sprouting from her hair) nvm on the "odd artifact" .... it's actually part of her bow...I think., but afaik the neck is screwy, both on your modified one and on the included "original"

tinkerbell_neck_issue_nif_view_side.jpg.5097b68edbb0ed934731b89dd37882f5.jpg

Edited by anjenthedog
modified text

Thanks for helping out! Sorry I was absent a bit. I'm on UK time and I've been out storm watching (well - more like heavy rain watching as it turned out...lol).

Yes, the file will work in an SE game straight away. It's all converted and there are no dodgy meshes to cause a crash.

Yes - this file is a bit weird.

To be honest, I'd rather not got down the BHUNP path. I've almost got this follower right. At worst, I can hide the neck seam with a costume that does not make her boobs explode.

So...it is probably not worth too much investigation.  But I want learn how to get this right.

I have experimented with various weight settings in SSEEdit  without any luck. That's the weird thing - changing weight does not remove the neck gap. Changing it in game proved far too traumatic! Interestingly, her head is too big for her body as well.

In the CK, if I change her race attributes to Nord in places, she comes right. I am wondering if the author created the Pixie race, but then was not consistent in applying it in his mod construction?   The trouble is, I make one change, and something else breaks.  I've never had this kind of issue before. But I'm guessing there is something off about her race attributes. 

Any ideas are very welcome and I value your time and support. Thank you!

no biggie. world audience. I'm in the USA (lake erie area)

well, anyway, I'd give a hard look at the OSP embedded head nifs. There's something really screwy about the neck in those nifs. I don't think it should be going up like my snap shot shows it.

in any case, for now, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I know very little about CK, but if I think  if anything later on, I'm sure I'll intrude again.

best wishes.

20 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Btw 2: I went ahead and downloaded. Yes, the neck looks totally weird in the example images you offered. simple neck gap from the front, but the side view is downright wonky.

I opened the head mesh (edit: from the OSP, not the one in the main folder...that one looks correct)  in nikskope...no wonder the neck is weird. this is a snapshot of what nifskope is showing. the important thing to look for here is the neck (and that other odd artifact sprouting from her hair) nvm on the "odd artifact" .... it's actually part of her bow...I think., but afaik the neck is screwy, both on your modified one and on the included "original"

tinkerbell_neck_issue_nif_view_side.jpg.5097b68edbb0ed934731b89dd37882f5.jpg

That's a normal neck for all headnifs converted from LE to SE. Can be corrected easily in NifSkope, with Copy and Paste. Copy the NiNode entries from femalehead.nif and paste over the new/converted headnifs ni-Node entries.

2 hours ago, Tron91 said:

That's a normal neck for all headnifs converted from LE to SE. Can be corrected easily in NifSkope, with Copy and Paste. Copy the NiNode entries from femalehead.nif and paste over the new/converted headnifs ni-Node entries.

Thanks for the tip!

I must confess NIFs leave me staring blankly into the abyss. I can do some things with them and I should be able to do the above.

As it happens, tinkering with the meshes in Outfit Studio was an easy way out. 

Many thanks for your information!