2 minutes ago, StewieXYZ said:

I'm sorry as this has probably been mentioned before, but in my case, level 2 never kills, and level 3 always kills. Notification says they won't kill, it still kills (on level 3). On level 2 notification says it will kill, it doesn't. Any insight as to what might cause this?

Is this issue still happening when you download version 0.9.5? I do not mind this issue being brought up because it means you might have found something that needs to be accounted for. Do you have any mod that could damage the victim as the scene ends? For example: Player Succubus Quest can cause this issue if you do not disable the energy drain feature in PSQ's MCM.

If so, can you provide your logs with debug trace enabled?

Using Better Vampires and Deadly Drain, I was able to drain blood during sex with the appropriate mcm option, but not any more after I installed the newest version. I'll check if it's due to a change in my load order/mod selection later (I need some sleep), but I wanted to throw that out there.

11 hours ago, 777sage said:

Is this issue still happening when you download version 0.9.5? I do not mind this issue being brought up because it means you might have found something that needs to be accounted for. Do you have any mod that could damage the victim as the scene ends? For example: Player Succubus Quest can cause this issue if you do not disable the energy drain feature in PSQ's MCM.

If so, can you provide your logs with debug trace enabled?

I downloaded the latest version of the mod as of 2 days ago, only mod I could think of affecting it would be Defeat, but it doesn't add up since the only problem ever I had with that one was a year ago and it was because it set actors to essential during scenes for whatever reason. Other than that no, nothing that would damage them. As of 20 minutes ago though, the letting someone live on level 3 drain works about 1/3 times, but killing on drain 2 doesnt work at all. I've tested it at least 50 times on each of the 2 levels, varying between the same actor in the same situation (reloading and trying again) and different actors with different relationships, I found no connection between either of those factors.
For now I have settled for level 3, and always choosing to spare, which gives it that "chance" feeling since it still kills 2/3rds of the time, but itd be nice to be able to ensure death or ensure survival sometimes.

Edited by StewieXYZ
13 hours ago, 777sage said:

I wonder if that SuccubusRace mod makes it so that you are immune to diseases like vampirism. When I was using a Succubus Race mod, becoming a succubus seemed to have cured me of vampirism outright. Which prevented me from validating vampiric thirst, sacrosanct, and sacrilege as a succubus race PC. But it could have also been Player Succubus Quest as it had an MCM option to become a succubus too. I'll check.

I am thinking along these lines because in your log, there is no reference or trace of vampiric functions being called. SLDD threads are initializing, but it seems its not detecting the vampiric related keywords. I'll have to download that mod and give it a try.

edit: Scratch that, a rather particular vampiric function was called but an unusual error was presented:

error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 1, got 0. 
stack:
    [HoSLDDMain (4700B46E)].sldd_vampiricdelegator.VampDrainEnd() - "SLDD_VampiricDelegator.psc" Line 62
    [HoSLDDThread00 (4700B46F)].hoslddthread.VampDrainEnd() - "HoSLDDThread.psc" Line 3107
    [HoSLDDThread00 (4700B46F)].hoslddthread.ResetDone() - "HoSLDDThread.psc" Line 384

You reported you were using Better vampires? Can you try downloading 0.9.5 and see if the issue persists?

UPDATE:

I was able to reproduce the same error, but once I tried it again in the same play session it began working right away. I tested it with better vampires 8.9.

It seems it needs a cycle for it to work on my load order. If you can, reproduce the issue 0.9.5 of SLDD. Then, try it again in that same play session.

Tried it with vanilla race with Succ race mod and race compatibly mod uninstalled, still can't get BV blood count to go up.

Edited by lpenguino2
9 hours ago, PervBird said:

Using Better Vampires and Deadly Drain, I was able to drain blood during sex with the appropriate mcm option, but not any more after I installed the newest version. I'll check if it's due to a change in my load order/mod selection later (I need some sleep), but I wanted to throw that out there.

Just want to check. Does the bite feature work or does that not work either? When you can, share your logs with trace enabled.

9 hours ago, StewieXYZ said:

I downloaded the latest version of the mod as of 2 days ago, only mod I could think of affecting it would be Defeat, but it doesn't add up since the only problem ever I had with that one was a year ago and it was because it set actors to essential during scenes for whatever reason. Other than that no, nothing that would damage them. As of 20 minutes ago though, the letting someone live on level 3 drain works about 1/3 times, but killing on drain 2 doesnt work at all. I've tested it at least 50 times on each of the 2 levels, varying between the same actor in the same situation (reloading and trying again) and different actors with different relationships, I found no connection between either of those factors.
For now I have settled for level 3, and always choosing to spare, which gives it that "chance" feeling since it still kills 2/3rds of the time, but itd be nice to be able to ensure death or ensure survival sometimes.

0.9.5 was uploaded yesterday. But I would like to see your logs in case there is an error given in any of the procedures. For example: when using a the hotkey to spare/kill a victim an error could be thrown which prevents the hotkey function from functioning properly.

I've recompiled a few scripts in an effort to improve debug tracing:

Main - Now has debug traces around the player kill decisions and can report the final result (enhanced side only)

Vampiric delegator - Now has traces for the individual vampiric mod functions being called.

Also recompiled the better vampires script just in case something got corrupted there.

results so far: 

It is possible for the vampmodcheck var to be set to NoneOrOther when loading a save where a vampire mod was not active. I was able to reproduce the issue, but the second time around the problem was resolved in the same session. It is possible that the update made the VPD quest reset the var as per its initialization.

I am creating a modcheck function for the mod ending vampiric call. I should have checked for this possibility. Ill update soon.

Progress log:

Fixes for better vampires, and all other supported vamp mods worked on first try. Root cause was the ending vampiric drain function being called without the mod var being updated, which is perfectly possible if vamp feed (neck biting) or Succfeed (climax stage vamp feeding) is not called for whatever reason prior to it. Another cause was when updating to 0.9.5, since the var is a not property that is stored in the save file for the script it was reset when the new version of the scripts loaded. Fix was to introduce another function which would check the installed mods again before proceeding.

Logs during testing of better vampires version 8.9 SE

Papyrus.0.log

Now looking into the kill decision issue.

Update log:

0.9.5a Hotfix --- Added new traces for several scripts to help troubleshooting. Also corrected an incorrect boolean check which prevented level 2 drainers from killing non-favored victims. Finally, a new function has been added in vampiric mod interface which should update the defaulted modcheck variable. Turns out its variable reset once 0.9.5 was introduced because it isnt a property that is baked into the save file. From now on, it should be checked even if the other vamp functions are not called before it.

11 hours ago, PervBird said:

Can you try the latest version I uploaded today and let me know if it has fixed the issue for you?

Edited by 777sage
11 hours ago, StewieXYZ said:

Give it a try with 0.9.5a. I am little concerned that level 3 only works 1/3 times in your game. It should only not work if the character is essential or a lover. If you can reproduce the issue as L3 in 0.9.5a, let me know right away.

Edited by 777sage
2 hours ago, 777sage said:

Can you try the latest version I uploaded today and let me know if it has fixed the issue for you?

I ran into some other major problems, so I'm reinstalling a lot of stuff. Will tell you if BV works with SLDD for me now when I have done so.

I basically started from scratch with my mod setup and now Deadly Drain KINDA works with Better Vampires. Why "kinda"? I get a message about satisfied blood lust, but blood points don't update. Seems fine without bloodpoints, but I prefer using them.

I am using the Anniversary Edition of the game, but it used to work.

Edited by PervBird
1 hour ago, PervBird said:

I basically started from scratch with my mod setup and now Deadly Drain KINDA works with Better Vampires. Why "kinda"? I get a message about satisfied blood lust, but blood points don't update. Seems fine without bloodpoints, but I prefer using them.

I am using the Anniversary Edition of the game, but it used to work.

If you got that notification when using the feed (bite neck) feature then that is expected. Which is progress, in my game I only gained a level when I was already close. What about after sex ends? Or was that after sex ends? 

Have you tried modifying the vampiric drain rain on the mod utility page for any change?

Thanks for the info btw. Since I don't use vampire mods in my set up, your input is helpful.

1 minute ago, 777sage said:

If you got that notification when using the feed (bite neck) feature then that is expected. Which is progress, in my game I only gained a level when I was already close. What about after sex ends? Or was that after sex ends? 

Have you tried modifying the vampiric drain rain on the mod utility page for any change?

Thanks for the info btw. Since I don't use vampire mods in my set up, your input is helpful.

Was when the sex ended, not when biting. Have activated, deactivated and re-activated blood drain on the SLDD menu.

I think I might just play a proper succubus, instead of a sex-having vampire for now.

1 hour ago, jesusw00t said:

what body is the first picture using? is there a bodyslide?

Sculpted in game. I tend not to rely on bodyslide presets because I prefer zeroed bodies that can be morphed and sculpted in game. Allowing my NPC followers to have unique bodies regardless of weight and ALL outfits and physics update to match. At least in my game they do. I've since updated that body type to a new version but I still have the 3BA json of v1.

In game, I simply import it onto that NPC. I guess I prefer my modded game to seem somewhat vanilla on the surface, until it is no longer vanilla.

6 minutes ago, PervBird said:

Was when the sex ended, not when biting. Have activated, deactivated and re-activated blood drain on the SLDD menu.

I think I might just play a proper succubus, instead of a sex-having vampire for now.

Okay, if you can. Share you logs for the sessions you've tried. I want to take a look and see if I can reproduce that issue and track it down. It could be something simplistic, or a case of not enough exp coming in where the math has to be assessed. I was able to become a vampire fledgling after having sex with Mikael.

6 hours ago, 777sage said:

Give it a try with 0.9.5a. I am little concerned that level 3 only works 1/3 times in your game. It should only not work if the character is essential or a lover. If you can reproduce the issue as L3 in 0.9.5a, let me know right away.

this is probably a dumb question, but if I update mid playthrough would it be safe or would I need to start over

25 minutes ago, PervBird said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I do that?

Not a problem.

Enable logs in your Skyrim.INI file. You can find it in your documents > My Games > Skyrim Special edition (or anniversary if it is different. IDK)

OR if you are using Mod organizer you can find it in your profiles folder of the MO2 instance for the profile you have active.

In Skyrim INI file: look for [Papyrus] section and make sure the following are present:

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

if they are not present, you can add them. Save the INI file. Then go ingame and reproduce whatever issue you have encountered. The log file typically outputs to: My Documents > My Games > [Your skyrim version] > Logs > Script

Up to 4 of them seem to be present at a time, with new sessions moving older ones down the set. You can set them back to zero when you are done debugging your game.

Edited by 777sage
4 minutes ago, StewieXYZ said:

this is probably a dumb question, but if I update mid playthrough would it be safe or would I need to start over

You should not need to start a new game at all. I intentionally coded the scripts to be refreshable every time it is updated or a change was made. The UI and it's functions are intended to be dynamic. I have only made starting a new game, or cleaning SLDD from the save,  a strong recommendation if you were updating from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4. It should be fine now.

14 minutes ago, 777sage said:

Not a problem.

Enable logs in your Skyrim.INI file. You can find it in your documents > My Games > Skyrim Special edition (or anniversary if it is different. IDK)

OR if you are using Mod organizer you can find it in your profiles folder of the MO2 instance for the profile you have active.

In Skyrim INI file: look for [Papyrus] section and make sure the following are present:

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

if they are not present, you can add them. Save the INI file. Then go ingame and reproduce whatever issue you have encountered. The log file typically outputs to: My Documents > My Games > [Your skyrim version] > Logs > Script

Up to 4 of them seem to be present at a time, with new sessions moving older ones down the set. You can set them back to zero when you are done debugging your game.

Jumped into the game really quickly without deactivating any superflous mods or setting the activated ones up properly in the MCM, then sexed up a random NPC. I hope none of these things cause problems or, I dunno, falsify the log too much. I still think the problem is on my end and I'm getting a bit frustrated, so I'll probably go away from the computer for now, though. Anyway, the log for that session:

Papyrus.0.log