NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection PC

18 hours ago, perfectdark023 said:

how do i open the .xws? and where do i get the swapper? all the link are dead

You should be able to just swap the files. I did it back on the RPCS3 version and it worked.

I made the link private because I saw people on 3DM saying I stole the work when I wrote everywhere that I didn't write DOATool.exe and only scripted the interface. So I just removed it to avoid problems, I was only trying to help people lol. ?

The xws are there when you unpack the game files but the tool doesn't name the extension .xws but if you open the file in a hex editor you'll see the XWS in the header.

1 hour ago, fiend busa said:

You should be able to just swap the files. I did it back on the RPCS3 version and it worked.

I made the link private because I saw people on 3DM saying I stole the work when I wrote everywhere that I didn't write DOATool.exe and only scripted the interface. So I just removed it to avoid problems, I was only trying to help people lol. ?

The xws are there when you unpack the game files but the tool doesn't name the extension .xws but if you open the file in a hex editor you'll see the XWS in the header.

if you write my name and DoaTool's 3dm page url into README, i think you can release you tool.

i think it's the basic respect to the author, do you agree?

Edited by tianmuxia
43 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

if you write my name and DoaTool's 3dm page url into README, i think you can release you tool.

I saw your bilibili tutorial on how the moddle swapping works for NGS2, howver I'm missing the "export" bat file thats shown in your videos, I downloaded the file from the post you made here. Any ideas or am I just getting the whole process wrong?

47 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

100% agree!!

None of this would be possible without you!!! I did initially write that DOATOOL.EXE wasn't made by me but it flew over my head to write your name which I added after you messaged me. Which, to be fair, was pretty dumb on my part.

I just felt really bad after seeing the comments so I made it private as taking credit for someone else work was not my intention at all.

Edited by fiend busa
7 hours ago, fiend busa said:

Thanks, Ill try it in a Sec.

You need to ignore those people. if you're not doing anything wrong and people just don't know how to read, then that's their problem. I've been modding DoA6 for a while and that's what I tell other modders. As long as you're crediting people and not claiming work you never did as yours, then you should be fine. If you scripted an interface, then it's technically your work too because you contributed to it.

Edited by perfectdark023
7 hours ago, tyrantus said:

I saw your bilibili tutorial on how the moddle swapping works for NGS2, howver I'm missing the "export" bat file thats shown in your videos, I downloaded the file from the post you made here. Any ideas or am I just getting the whole process wrong?

use the convert fbx bat, it can export dds at the same time

49 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

use the convert fbx bat, it can export dds at the same time

Thanks for the Reply. So I'm having 2 issues right now. First, I can succesfuly convert the TMC  to fbx and it does indeed create a dds file. However, if I open the "ImportDDS NGS2" and select the dds folder, then the dest TMC file I get a Failed message. image.png.ce76a64e0b02c51ba5d65b5136023b94.pngimage.png.e340f9d4a0d50be94e4ef3ebd157b8f3.png

Finally, If I use the "ngpc_Importer.bat" file, If i select the mom TMC file, and repalce it with Ryus default costume (823) when I get into the game Ryus texture doesn't load and I only see his weapon. If instead I drag and drop the FBX file that I create and repalce Ryus default costume when I load up the game, it crashes and I have to restore the game files integrity. I've been racking my head trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.... 

3 minutes ago, tyrantus said:

Thanks for the Reply. So I'm having 2 issues right now. First, I can succesfuly convert the TMC  to fbx and it does indeed create a dds file. However, if I open the "ImportDDS NGS2" and select the dds folder, then the dest TMC file I get a Failed message. image.png.ce76a64e0b02c51ba5d65b5136023b94.pngimage.png.e340f9d4a0d50be94e4ef3ebd157b8f3.png

Finally, If I use the "ngpc_Importer.bat" file, If i select the mom TMC file, and repalce it with Ryus default costume (823) when I get into the game Ryus texture doesn't load and I only see his weapon. If instead I drag and drop the FBX file that I create and repalce Ryus default costume when I load up the game, it crashes and I have to restore the game files integrity. I've been racking my head trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.... 

emm, the first, it's a bug, you should copy the tmc and tmcl to the DoaTool.exe folder and convert to fbx, then import dds, it will success, i'll fixed it next update.

the second, you should import both tmc and tmcl for ngs2

3 minutes ago, tyrantus said:

13 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

emm, the first, it's a bug, you should copy the tmc and tmcl to the DoaTool.exe folder and convert to fbx, then import dds, it will success, i'll fixed it next update.

How do you replace in game voices and music for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge? I don't mind making a 2B voice pack for you, as a (addon) or you can combine it with your mod yourself.

36 minutes ago, tianmuxia said:

So for the first part, it was succesfull after converting both Momijis TMC and TMCL files so thanks! However it doesn't change Ryus Texture, hes still... well Ryu.image.png.ca8a75e7337baaa36de820bae4ba699a.png

For the Second one, even though I try to export both the TCM and TCML files from Momiji I think it only reads one File, the TMC one image.png.47ae33b081792e9baa4aa184e6299526.png

If I launch the game afterwards this is what I seeimage.png.bc4f33b247624edc62ddb42386edb5f5.png

Finally, since I'm trying everthing. If again, I select the newly created fbx file into the  "ngpc Importer" to replace Ryus texture, the game crashes. 

11 minutes ago, tyrantus said:

So for the first part, it was succesfull after converting both Momijis TMC and TMCL files so thanks! However it doesn't change Ryus Texture, hes still... well Ryu.image.png.ca8a75e7337baaa36de820bae4ba699a.png

For the Second one, even though I try to export both the TCM and TCML files from Momiji I think it only reads one File, the TMC one image.png.47ae33b081792e9baa4aa184e6299526.png

If I launch the game afterwards this is what I seeimage.png.bc4f33b247624edc62ddb42386edb5f5.png

Finally, since I'm trying everthing. If again, I select the newly created fbx file into the  "ngpc Importer" to replace Ryus texture, the game crashes. 

Use the TMCL file first and use destid 824 then use the TMC file and use destid 823. That's what I did.

23 hours ago, tyrantus said:

This is exactly what I was looking for! How did you do the swap? Did you do it by using the DoaTool? If not can you please help?

The GitHub page is removed, so I am uploading the zip file. I only swapped Ryu.tmc (0823) and Ryu.tmcl (0824) with Momiji's  mom.tmc (01838) and mom.tmcl (1839).

But after model swap you don't get the feel that you are playing with Momiji, she behaves like a dude because animations are still Ryu's.

Video Tutorial:

Ninja-Gaiden-Master-Collection-Mod-Tool-main.zip

1 hour ago, ajax2888 said:

The GitHub page is removed, so I am uploading the zip file. I only swapped Ryu.tmc (0823) and Ryu.tmcl (0824) with Momiji's  mom.tmc (01838) and mom.tmcl (1839).

But after model swap you don't get the feel that you are playing with Momiji, she behaves like a dude because animations are still Ryu's.

Video Tutorial:

Ninja-Gaiden-Master-Collection-Mod-Tool-main.zip 5.2 MB · 3 downloads

Yeah I did some diggging around in the files for like 4 hours trying to find a way to replace Ryu's animations with Rachel and Momiji animations. The only thing I found out is that files with an "r" at the beginning might have something to do with rigs. Also tried to replace voice but don't even know what the voice files look like aside from being in the Sound\Stream folder. I think replacing animations would be impossible since the women don't have certain animations like swimming, swinging, water run etc...

I hope I am wrong.

Edited by DemBimbos
36 minutes ago, DemBimbos said:

Yeah I did some diggging around in the files for like 4 hours trying to find a way to replace Ryu's animations with Rachel and Momiji animations. The only thing I found out is that files with an "r" at the beginning might have something to do with rigs. Also tried to replace voice but don't even know what the voice files look like aside from being in the Sound\Stream folder. I think replacing animations would be impossible since the women don't have certain animations like swimming, swinging, water run etc...

I hope I am wrong.

You will need to swap the MTN file to swap poses.

Each character usually has 3 main files

TMC

TMCL

MTN - one for poses and the rest are for the characters weapons

Ryu has a shit ton of MTN files for each of his weapons but his main MTN file contains his animation pose.

R_ in-game and cutscene models including allies

E_ enemies

I_ item each item also has an associated MTN file.

Unless for PC they made it different? Check the dat files close to Ryus TMC and TMCL

If Ryu TMC and TMCL are 705/706 check 704 and 707 in HXD and see if the header contains MTN. If not and it's a .Dat just try swapping it and hope for the best lol.

If that fails, download the ps3 iso, unpack it and try comparing the raw data of the MTN file and see if you can find something similar in the unpacked PC files.

If the file has MTN in the header, I can write a script to go through all the unpacked files and rename them for ease of finding.

Edited by fiend busa
5 hours ago, DemBimbos said:

I hope I am wrong.

r_ files are cutscene models, the dat files right after a character's TMCL file, for example ryu, are animation files. 7147.dat is ryu voice, ayane and momiji are right after that, you just have to swap the dat files. Animation swapping wasn't very lucky on my end, bugged movement or no movement at all, just pose

I was able to unpack xws files in Stream folder with doa_snd tool, but those didnt have character sounds except death screams. I wasn't able to find rachel or genshin sounds in databin for some reason..

Edited by majingai
3 hours ago, majingai said:

r_ files are cutscene models, the dat files right after a character's TMCL file, for example ryu, are animation files. 7147.dat is ryu voice, ayane and momiji are right after that, you just have to swap the dat files. Animation swapping wasn't very lucky on my end, bugged movement or no movement at all, just pose

I was able to unpack xws files in Stream folder with doa_snd tool, but those didnt have character sounds except death screams. I wasn't able to find rachel or genshin sounds in databin for some reason..

Thanks for the info I was about to lose my mind going through 1,000s of files looking around and I figured as much about the animations which is unfortunate but at least I can kick butt with Momiji.

4 hours ago, majingai said:

And I just saw what you mean about the animation bugs. Does replacing the weapons and their animations have the same outcome?

7 hours ago, DemBimbos said:

And I just saw what you mean about the animation bugs. Does replacing the weapons and their animations have the same outcome?

Not quite, I once swapped genshin's sword files with katana (dragon sword), that, combined with genshin's animations, gave him some attacks, but bugged movement and the attacks didn't register. I suppose swapping with a weapon that the player actually uses might work

By the way @tianmuxia, I dont know if you already know a bug about the ddsimporter for sigma 2, but textures that have transparency are not imported correctly, the transparency will be black in the game. Thank you for the tools so far, and hopefully it can be fixed in the future

2 hours ago, majingai said:

Not quite, I once swapped genshin's sword files with katana (dragon sword), that, combined with genshin's animations, gave him some attacks, but bugged movement and the attacks didn't register. I suppose swapping with a weapon that the player actually uses might work

By the way @tianmuxia, I dont know if you already know a bug about the ddsimporter for sigma 2, but textures that have transparency are not imported correctly, the transparency will be black in the game. Thank you for the tools so far, and hopefully it can be fixed in the future

No, it’s not my tool‘s bug, it’s the game render system decided that some parts can not be transparency, it’s for performance perpose

2 hours ago, tianmuxia said:

No, it’s not my tool‘s bug, it’s the game render system decided that some parts can not be transparency, it’s for performance perpose

I see, so for example with effpk_common which has the purple effects in Sigma 2, if I unpack it and repack the textures without changing anything, and use the new repack tmc and tmcl, it still doesnt load the transparency. Do you know how this could be fixed?