NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection PC

On 8/4/2021 at 1:33 AM, zero_gravity1 said:

Make sure you put the .xws in the folder called "DATA" and select the NG folder in the tool. Don't put the Sound.bin or another files into the "DATA" folder, only the .xws files.

The DATA2 folder can be left empty

Do not delete the game.exe

You can try installing python if you don't have it yet.

let me know if it worked.

cats.jpg.4a48cbf61a3c473e734821443f78dd99.jpg

Sorry for late.

it still crash...

never mind about "SOUND_063.xws". it's from doa5 xws.

My bad! I was selected DATA folder. and I selcted NG folder now work!

Thanks again!

anyway are you mind of supporting doa5 sounds?

This tool work only support character BGM sound. not for stage BGM and fighting sounds.

Edited by rjqnraos19
16 hours ago, rjqnraos19 said:

cats.jpg.4a48cbf61a3c473e734821443f78dd99.jpg

Sorry for late.

it still crash...

never mind about "SOUND_063.xws". it's from doa5 xws.

My bad! I was selected DATA folder. and I selcted NG folder now work!

Thanks again!

anyway are you mind of supporting doa5 sounds?

This tool work only support character BGM sound. not for stage BGM and fighting sounds.

Glad that it worked for you.

If the files are .xws they should work.

The fighting sounds are inside the DATABIN file. If we find a way to extract them in the future, we can work with them.

On 8/12/2021 at 5:54 AM, Real_Guilty said:

@tianmuxia I have encountered a strange and inconsistent issue with the TMC2Fbx_NG2S converter. Most files convert fine, but some TMC files, such as Zanba, produce an "ERROR! Convert failed." message. Any idea why?

screen grab.png

Sorry man, if the the TMC model is not a character, it may has convert problem

On 8/13/2021 at 2:17 AM, tianmuxia said:

Sorry man, if the the TMC model is not a character, it may has convert problem

Damn, that’s unfortunate. Weird, too—some TMCs with even less polys or meshes convert just fine.

And while I got you, I wanted to ask about DOA Tools 1.6. Can I import any .FBX to overwrite a .TMC in Razor’s Edge? A couple people in the server have been struggling.

On 8/15/2021 at 6:53 AM, Real_Guilty said:

Damn, that’s unfortunate. Weird, too—some TMCs with even less polys or meshes convert just fine.

And while I got you, I wanted to ask about DOA Tools 1.6. Can I import any .FBX to overwrite a .TMC in Razor’s Edge? A couple people in the server have been struggling.

if you bind the fbx's mesh data to NG3RE's model in blender, you can import it

On 8/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, tianmuxia said:

if you bind the fbx's mesh data to NG3RE's model in blender, you can import it

Yeah, I'm lost. I mapped the bones of ryu_cos_01 to a non-Razor's Edge FBX, but when I ran FBX2TMC, I got this: image.png.aa6499fe9b540e58629fc4766010ba48.png

Am I supposed to rename all the meshes to match the original RE meshes?

Edited by Real_Guilty
9 hours ago, Real_Guilty said:

Yeah, I'm lost. I mapped the bones of ryu_cos_01 to a non-Razor's Edge FBX, but when I ran FBX2TMC, I got this: image.png.aa6499fe9b540e58629fc4766010ba48.png

Am I supposed to rename all the meshes to match the original RE meshes?

Mesh object name, uv object name, texture object name, all of them show be the same

1 hour ago, tianmuxia said:

Mesh object name, uv object name, texture object name, all of them show be the same

I tried to replace Ryu's scarf and renamed it the same, but it didn't populate--he just had an empty neck. LOL You did the 2B model swap, correct? I'd love to see how you did that.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:37 AM, tianmuxia said:

have you painted the weight?

OK, I am not sure if I am progressing forward or backwards. LOL I performed TMC2FBX on an NG3:RE TMC, imported the FBX(1) into Blender, and imported another FBX(2) on top. I parented the FBX(2) to the armature of the FBX(1), then transferred the weights so the bones manipulated both models. I deleted the FBX(1) from the workspace and exported FBX(2) in the same manner as you: tangent space, selected objects, etc. When I attempt the FBX2TMC with FBX(2), I know see this:

image.png

This is my workspace. The bones have names, but as you pointed out in another post, they probably need to be renamed to the same as FBX(1). Is that correct?

image.png

Edited by Real_Guilty

Hi guys, I have upload a tutorial video

Tools (mediafire.com)

and a new tool version 1.0.8 is updated on NexusMod

Several most important things for modders
1. Rename your meshes ending with two two-digit numbers to bind them to the game meshes
2. A texture object name should end with one two-digit number as the binding indicator
3. Do not forget to bind your meshes to the game skeletons
4. Your meshes must be weight painted with the game bones
5. UV group should have the same name as the corresponding game model
6. For NGS2, do not bind your meshes to those game meshes without weight information
7. Any sub mesh’s vertices count should not exceed 65535
8. Any vertex weight count should be no larger than 4
9. The game may crash when a TMCL file is oversized; if that happens, try to reduce the size of your meshes or textures.

10. split mesh by uv island before export.

11. convert mesh to triangles.

Edited by tianmuxia

Hello everyone

Im new to the modding of NG and im trying to understand it a bit for what are my needs which is swapping character.

So for now what i successfully did was swapping just model and textures thanks to all of you here... my problem is animations and audio.

One of you here in the forum mentioned that he swapped momoji anim. and the game behavied strange with broken animation and for me even freezing the game with music keep going. I swapped in ngs2 Ayane 00996.tmc and tmcl with the 823 and 824 rispectively.... so what I've got is Ayane model on main Hayabusa...then I swapped the 00998.chr_dat file with 00825.chr_dat file, when i opened the game what i've got is ayane stand still animation on all hayabusa skins, but if i try to move or do attacks it freezes the game.

Watching some videos on youtube i made some research and find out maybe that for swapping the best idea is cheat engine. Talking with a youtuber (i will post the video in question) and reading some comments in other videos of him, he talks about cheat engine and with me (trying to make him "talk", basically he is another that keeps secrets for himself) talked about "trying to make a trainer".....here the chat i made with him:

ThE Re4peR™ (me)
wow really cool !!! is there a way to play the all game with rachel? I would be interested :)

NINJACatzNINJA (him)
With Rachel there are some chapters that don't work with her but with Ayane is Momoji all the chapters work

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  I see, are a lot? she is my fav... can you make a tutorial how to change the files to swap the characters some day? 'cause I don't understand did i have to swap it for each level of the game, or its just like for exaple re4 where u have separate files character/level?how it works?its easy?Thank you for your response

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  ok I swapped in ngs2 Ayane 00996.tmc and tmcl with the 823 and 824 rispectively.... so now basically what I've got is Ayane model on main Hayabusa...then I swapped the 00998.chr_dat file with 00825.chr_dat file, when i opened the game what i've got is ayane stand still animation on all hayabusa skins, but if i try to move or do attacks it freezes the game....what I think i have to do is to swap even the weapons, am I correct? if im right what i have to do? Thank you

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  could you please give me details

NINJACatzNINJA
 @ThE Re4peR™  Which version do you have? Did you update the game?

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  I just bought it last week and it auto-updates itself on startup

NINJACatzNINJA
 @ThE Re4peR™  I see but me this is the cracked version that I use

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  just tell me what I need to do and I see if it works please... I can even downgrade it if is needed

NINJACatzNINJA
 @ThE Re4peR™  Tomorrow I will try to do a Trainer to see if it works like I did with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfceo8Lburc

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  ok gatcha it's a secret of state...

he talks about rachel that doesn't "work", maybe because is not a swap but instead with codes he is "calling" the real character in the level and for some reason isn't compatible (first i thought because rachel do not walk on walls but it jumps it)...(maybe its the same like when there was the trainer for resident evil 4 that make you swap ada for leon and whenever you equipped leons weapon the game crashed..).

My question now is there is a way to lock the values of a character? and next how did he found that value? because from my knowledge it not like making " infinite ammo or money for a game"...

here the video in the comments talks about cheat engine :

4 hours ago, reaper6991 said:

Hello everyone

Im new to the modding of NG and im trying to understand it a bit for what are my needs which is swapping character.

So for now what i successfully did was swapping just model and textures thanks to all of you here... my problem is animations and audio.

One of you here in the forum mentioned that he swapped momoji anim. and the game behavied strange with broken animation and for me even freezing the game with music keep going. I swapped in ngs2 Ayane 00996.tmc and tmcl with the 823 and 824 rispectively.... so what I've got is Ayane model on main Hayabusa...then I swapped the 00998.chr_dat file with 00825.chr_dat file, when i opened the game what i've got is ayane stand still animation on all hayabusa skins, but if i try to move or do attacks it freezes the game.

Watching some videos on youtube i made some research and find out maybe that for swapping the best idea is cheat engine. Talking with a youtuber (i will post the video in question) and reading some comments in other videos of him, he talks about cheat engine and with me (trying to make him "talk", basically he is another that keeps secrets for himself) talked about "trying to make a trainer".....here the chat i made with him:

ThE Re4peR™ (me)
wow really cool !!! is there a way to play the all game with rachel? I would be interested :)

NINJACatzNINJA (him)
With Rachel there are some chapters that don't work with her but with Ayane is Momoji all the chapters work

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  I see, are a lot? she is my fav... can you make a tutorial how to change the files to swap the characters some day? 'cause I don't understand did i have to swap it for each level of the game, or its just like for exaple re4 where u have separate files character/level?how it works?its easy?Thank you for your response

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  ok I swapped in ngs2 Ayane 00996.tmc and tmcl with the 823 and 824 rispectively.... so now basically what I've got is Ayane model on main Hayabusa...then I swapped the 00998.chr_dat file with 00825.chr_dat file, when i opened the game what i've got is ayane stand still animation on all hayabusa skins, but if i try to move or do attacks it freezes the game....what I think i have to do is to swap even the weapons, am I correct? if im right what i have to do? Thank you

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  could you please give me details

NINJACatzNINJA
 @ThE Re4peR™  Which version do you have? Did you update the game?

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  I just bought it last week and it auto-updates itself on startup

NINJACatzNINJA
 @ThE Re4peR™  I see but me this is the cracked version that I use

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  just tell me what I need to do and I see if it works please... I can even downgrade it if is needed

NINJACatzNINJA
 @ThE Re4peR™  Tomorrow I will try to do a Trainer to see if it works like I did with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfceo8Lburc

ThE Re4peR™
 @NINJACatzNINJA  ok gatcha it's a secret of state...

he talks about rachel that doesn't "work", maybe because is not a swap but instead with codes he is "calling" the real character in the level and for some reason isn't compatible (first i thought because rachel do not walk on walls but it jumps it)...(maybe its the same like when there was the trainer for resident evil 4 that make you swap ada for leon and whenever you equipped leons weapon the game crashed..).

My question now is there is a way to lock the values of a character? and next how did he found that value? because from my knowledge it not like making " infinite ammo or money for a game"...

here the video in the comments talks about cheat engine :

Yeah the other characters don't have as many animations as Ryu.

It also seems like the animations are somehow tied to the weapon that the character uses so if you swap in Ayane over Ryu and try and use her attack animations with anything other than the weapon she uses the game bugs out. I tried swapping Ryu's katana with Momiji's weapon but since the game registers you as having the Dragon Sword equipped the animations still won't work. I think you'd have to make it so that in-game the weapons that the characters use are recognized as theirs and not Ryu's. That still wouldn't solve the fact that Ryu is the only one with water related animations and that Rachel can't run up walls. I actually tried jumping into some water while using Momiji's animations and she rocketed off into the stratosphere. I'm not 100% but it makes the most sense to me for this to be the cause, i'll gladly take an L if I am wrong.

11 hours ago, DVNDLLZ said:

Yeah the other characters don't have as many animations as Ryu.

It also seems like the animations are somehow tied to the weapon that the character uses so if you swap in Ayane over Ryu and try and use her attack animations with anything other than the weapon she uses the game bugs out. I tried swapping Ryu's katana with Momiji's weapon but since the game registers you as having the Dragon Sword equipped the animations still won't work. I think you'd have to make it so that in-game the weapons that the characters use are recognized as theirs and not Ryu's. That still wouldn't solve the fact that Ryu is the only one with water related animations and that Rachel can't run up walls. I actually tried jumping into some water while using Momiji's animations and she rocketed off into the stratosphere. I'm not 100% but it makes the most sense to me for this to be the cause, i'll gladly take an L if I am wrong.

You are completely right...so to swap character in this game the only way is to use some sort of way to re-call the character from the other modes in the game, lock his status, then make believe the game that is still hayabusa.... thats why i posted that...from my experience with other games, to mod for swapping in this game is useless because it means ryu with another skin, at this point, maybe in the future there will be another way...maybe. The question is how he did find out the value to lock those characters in his videos to swap....he even released a trainer...but it tells me that is a virus and i don't want to risk....

For now im studing in the free time this....

Edited by reaper6991
On 8/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, zero_gravity1 said:

Glad that it worked for you.

If the files are .xws they should work.

The fighting sounds are inside the DATABIN file. If we find a way to extract them in the future, we can work with them.

I think most of doa5's xws files are not work with that tool. too sad.

• 2 weeks later...