Nexus Mod Manager... 255?!

kudlacz

Actually, you can't remove that limit becaue Skyrim (and Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout and New Vegas) only reserve 1 byte for the mod-prefix in the formids (the ids used to identify everything that makes up a mod). 1 byte can store at most 256 different values, so that's Skyrim.esm plus all your 255 mods/DLC.

The only options you have are either de-activating things you don't use or start merging mods into one, so you can free up some slots.

If you have a load of armor mods you could most likely merge them into one plugin using a 3rd party program.

Unfortunately there's no solid guide instructing how to do this (some people say use TES5Edit -> Other -> Merge and other people say the same but do a deep override and copy override instead of the merged patch option). There's scattered stuff but nothing firm :/ 

If you have a load of armor mods you could most likely merge them into one plugin using a 3rd party program.

Unfortunately there's no solid guide instructing how to do this (some people say use TES5Edit -> Other -> Merge and other people say the same but do a deep override and copy override instead of the merged patch option). There's scattered stuff but nothing firm :/ 

That is because:

1. Skyrim is still new and being updated.

2. Tes5edit is still VERY much new and only in beta form.

You have to be patient with these types of tools.  Eventually Tes5gecko will be released which makes merging much easier on small armor\clothing mods.  That or Tes5edits interface will be cleaned up and be more robust.  Rome was not built in a day.

Having said that it also behooves the user to learn how to manually load small armor\weapon\clothing items into a custom made esp file to cut down on the number of esp files and potential dirty edits that having too many plugins enabled makes more likely.

I never tried to merge mods in Wrye Bash but it might be worth it, I will try with all beautiful armors from B3elisario and let you know how it is going.

EDIT : just tried. The only option in Wrye Bash is "mark mergeable" but no tools allows you to actually merge the mods so we will have to wait until a tool is available or you will have to make your own ESP using the CK.

Mod Organizer. Look at my sig.

It won't help you merge mods into 1 esm/esp/bsa, but it will absolutely help you determine which mods are worthy and to deactivate which are not WITHOUT causing file-overwriting stomps and clobbers between mods that name the same resources.

That is because:

1. Skyrim is still new and being updated.

2. Tes5edit is still VERY much new and only in beta form.

You have to be patient with these types of tools.  Eventually Tes5gecko will be released which makes merging much easier on small armor\clothing mods.  That or Tes5edits interface will be cleaned up and be more robust.  Rome was not built in a day.

Having said that it also behooves the user to learn how to manually load small armor\weapon\clothing items into a custom made esp file to cut down on the number of esp files and potential dirty edits that having too many plugins enabled makes more likely.

Didn't know I was coming across as impatient, which I wasn't. So is there any guide illustrating such? I've been fine with doing it manually for ages now but I had no idea where to start or what to do.

For merging armor mods, I use this process:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/904953-how-to-merge-multiple-mods-with-multiple-master-files/

Never had a problem with it.  I've merged around 12 clothing/armor mods together without any issues.  Hope that helps.

Hm yeah, I tried that once before, game didn't like it. The esps may just have been incompatible. I was trying to merge the 4-5 annoying esps from crown helmets. 

Mod Organizer. Look at my sig.

It won't help you merge mods into 1 esm/esp/bsa, but it will absolutely help you determine which mods are worthy and to deactivate which are not WITHOUT causing file-overwriting stomps and clobbers between mods that name the same resources.

How to use this mod organizer?:)

I'll give you 2 tips, might help depending on your mods:

1)There are many "collections" of armor and of weapons in the nexus which have 1 .esp which may contain a couple of your items. If you have the crown helmets mod which has 1 .esp per crown, there's a single .esp version in the nexus.

2)Make sure you only have active the right "amount" plugins for each mod, for example the "winter is coming cloaks" mod installs 3 .esp of which only 1 should be active.

If that doesn't help you are probably gonna have to use wrye bash...

Archived