useful community scripts to start mods with

Guest Donkey

Thanks for trying to help. This is more than what my body is allowing me to handle. I can't read through the tutorial mem pointed out, although I had tried. Too much reading causing me too many migraines. Scripting is something I won't really be able to do. If it wouldn't be too much to ask, would someone care to tak this over? I have seen requests for this function which is why I tried. Probably dumb luck that I got see you sleep dll to work with PSE. That was a short script.  

• 2 months later...

You have two options for what you are trying to accomplish:

1) Use PSE as a Master. This means loading it in CSE at the same time as your plugin. Then you can change the if to:

If IchSlaveQuest.PlayerEnslaved == 1 && [Same thing for aphro script].SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 80
2) Without mastering PSE, find it with OBSE, assign it's quest to a reference and use it that way:

ref rIchSlaveQuest

set rIchSlaveQuest to GetFormFromMOD "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "01B017"

if eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 1 && GetVariable rAphroQuestName.SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 80
The first method is much simpler, but restricts your addon to requiring PSE be installed or it won't even load.

The second method is a little more complex, but can function with or without PSE ( Though the above will need an additional check to see if GetFormFromMOD succeeded ).

Also you don't need to declare GetRandomPercent on it's own line before using. It is a function, not a variable.

As for checking every few seconds, that will happen automaticaly with any quest script in a Begin GameMode block. The default is run the script every 5 seconds, you can change that with the fQuestDelay variable.

Is there a similar way to check if NPC has an item(token) from another mod without creating dependency to that mod ?

Also,

Does LAPF have a function that returns if 2 characters are having sex?

e.g.

ref offender
ref defender

if XloversGetHavingSex(offender, defender) 
   ;code if having sex
else
  ;code if not having sex

Is there a similar way to check if NPC has an item(token) from another mod without creating dependency to that mod ?

Also,

Does LAPF have a function that returns if 2 characters are having sex?

e.g.

ref offender
ref defender

if XloversGetHavingSex(offender, defender) 
   ;code if having sex
else
  ;code if not having sex

1) Same way:

set rTmp to GetFormFromMOD "LoversBitch.esp" 022C03 ; xLoversBitchCanineSlotToken

if ( IsFormValid rTmp )
   if ( player.GetItemCount rTmp > 0 )
      ; Code here will run if player has token indicating gone through Marae's initial bitch training.
   endif
endif
2) Yes, xLoversCmnGetPartner:

if ( defender == Call xloversCmnGetPartner offender )
   ;code if having sex
else
  ;code if not having sex
endif

One more thing.

You used 022C03 as  xLoversBitchCanineSlotToken

In CSE I see it as 03022C03

Can you confirm that my guess is right and the first 2 characters represent its position in the load order, and should be excluded from GetFormFromMOD calls ?

Also, is this code corect ?

ref nullref
ref offender

Set offender GetFirstRef 69 0  
;disregard the lack of calls to nextref in a loop, this is just an example

if nullref == (Call xloversCmnGetPartner offender)
    ;this code is executed if offender is not having sex
endif

One more thing.

You used 022C03 as  xLoversBitchCanineSlotToken

In CSE I see it as 03022C03

Can you confirm that my guess is right and the first 2 characters represent its position in the load order, and should be excluded from GetFormFromMOD calls ?

Also, is this code corect ?

ref nullref
ref offender

Set offender GetFirstRef 69 0  
;disregard the lack of calls to nextref in a loop, this is just an example

if nullref == (Call xloversCmnGetPartner offender)
    ;this code is executed if offender is not having sex
endif

Yes, first two digits are load order and ignored if given to GetFormFromMOD since it is going to find it by name anyway.

I thought you were asking for a check specific to two actors having sex together, which would use xLoversCmnGetPartner. If you want to check if an actor is having sex at all it is simpler and doesn't require a loop. Either check for existance of xLoversPkrIdentifier token (actor is having sex) or test Call xLoversCmnGetReady <refActor> (actor can start sex now, so not having sex, not dead, swimming, sitting, etc.).

I was indeed asking if two actors are having sex, but as I started coding, I realised that my aproach would have produced horrible script load and want to use a more efficient method. I'm attempting to implement a fix that must work well with the original code. So I must check for xLoversPkrIdentifier. I need only if specifically in sex and no other case.

I've tried to figure this out for the last 8 hours, but in the end I didn't succeed, so I'm asking for help.

Why does it fail to get values/refs ?

if (player.GetItemCount xLoversPkrIdentifier > 0);if player having sex...
		printtoconsole "Player having sex"
		set rTmp to GetFormFromMOD "LoversBitch.esp" "000ED9" ;xLoversBitchQuestScript	
		if ( IsFormValid rTmp)
			PrintToConsole "Stolen quest ref from LoversBitch is valid with FormID %i"  rTmp ; prints corect LoadOrderID + "000ED9"
			set partener to Call xloversCmnGetPartner Player
			;PrintToConsole "Sex partener is %i" partener ; prints correct partner

Set receivedDog to rTmp.GetRefVariable "playersDog" ; this leaves receivedDog as null. why ?
			PrintToConsole "ReceivedDog is %i" receivedDog 	; prints refID 00000000	

Set mytest to GetVariable "Version" rTmp
			PrintToConsole "Stolen variable from LoversBitch %x" mytest ; prints 0, so it also fails to retrieve value

;Set receivedDog to xLoversBitchQuest.playersDog ;this works but creates dependency
			PrintToConsole "playersDog is %n" receivedDog
			if partener == receivedDog ; ... with loversbitch companion...
			 	;more code here
			endif
		endif
	endif

I've tried to figure this out for the last 8 hours, but in the end I didn't succeed, so I'm asking for help.

Why does it fail to get values/refs ?

set rTmp to GetFormFromMOD "LoversBitch.esp" "000ED9" ;xLoversBitchQuestScript	

So close, yet so far.

Variables are attached to the quest, not the script. Just like you use the quest name to get a varaible when accessing it directly ( set receivedDog to xLoversBitchQuest.playersDog ), you need to use Get(Ref)Var on the quest form, not the script form. This should work:

set rTmp to GetFormFromMOD "LoversBitch.esp" "000ED7" ;xLoversBitchQuest

I have 3 questions:

1) Is there a better way of detecting if the player is riding a horse than cycling through all actor refs in the cell and checking if reference.GetRider returns PlayerRef ?

2) Also, is there any way of detecting if player is sitting on a chair ? i can't find anything.

3) Is there a better way of dismounting and/or standing up from a chair than this?

TapControl 4 ; Press Use and hope there isn't an npc in front of the player

I have 3 questions:

1) Is there a better way of detecting if the player is riding a horse than cycling through all actor refs in the cell and checking if reference.GetRider returns PlayerRef ?

2) Also, is there any way of detecting if player is sitting on a chair ? i can't find anything.

3) Is there a better way of dismounting and/or standing up from a chair than this?

TapControl 4 ; Press Use and hope there isn't an npc in front of the player

1. IsRidingHorse, maybe.

2. GetSitting, maybe.

GetSitting also reports true when riding a horse.

3. Welp, sorry. But maybe.

this_chair.Activate PlayerRef
This should work unless the chair is scripted(not certain what's going to happen in that case), but I haven't tried this kind of thing before, so I can't tell how to figure out what's the chair reference that pc is currently using.

I'd try walking through furniture references in the cell and pick the closest one. I mean, unless you find the proper method. That's a dirty hack you see.

God. I searched for functions with names like those but didn't find anything. Next time I'll manually browse the wiki before asking a question...

Regarding unsitting, yeah I'd prefer to stay away from dirty CPU consuming hacks, it's why I asked for a better way to detect riding as well.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

(it isn't a question - just kind of complain and warning)
Was making script for converting ~66% of actor's gold to "gold ingots" (one ingot for each 1000 gold), and found small "leakage" - it was removing more money than planned. Added debug printC and it's output surprised me.

long var1

let var1 := getItemCount gold001
if 1500 < var1
  let var1 /= 1500
; later i added some fix here
  addItemNS goldIngot var1 ; result is ok
  let var1 *= 1000
  removeItem gold001 var1 ; leakage!
  printC "converted %g gold" var1
endif

With 4578 gold on input, it said: "converted 3052 gold".
I had read somewhere what "all script variables are stored as float in savegames", and now i must suspect what any variable is calculating as Float, despite of variable type declared..
And yes, script was fixed by adding Floor function (i wanted to write it in one line, let var1 := Floor(var1/1500), but it refuses parenthesis :-/).

UPD: "in Oblivion, all longs are actually stored as floats, so they experience the same limitations as floats, and so cannot actually reach the ranges that a long should be able to reach (see the float article for more information on float's limitations; see the Discussion here for information on how this was discovered)"

I really need to stop doing this to myself. I just wish I could give something back to the community. I greatly enjoy these mods, and try to make something nice, but due to medical reasons, only end up giving myself migraines and making myself physically ill.

I was trying to make a check for LST and PSE to see if slaves / owners are flagged respawnable. The first script works for a no respawn token to add upon enslavement, then remove afterwards.

Give to Owner for PSE, give to slave for LST

scn NoRespawnToken

begin onadd

SetActorRespawns 0

end

Here's my attempt at doing the check. I worked on this so long it literally made mr vomit. Hopefully someone can do something with it. (the failed script, not my vomit ;)) lol

scn XLoversNoRespawnSlave

ref actor
ref rTmp

begin gamemode

get.IsModLoaded "LoversSlaveTrader.esp" "02001D24"  ;xLoversSTQMainQuestScript

if (get.IsModLoaded "LoversSlaveTrader.esp" "02001D24" == 1) && (actor == player)
     return
elseif (get.IsModLoaded "LoversSlaveTrader.esp" "02001D24" == 1)
     actor.GetItemCount xLSTEnslaveToken
     if (actor.GetItemCount xLSTEnslaveToken == 0)
          actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt
          if (actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt ==0)
               return
          elseif (actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt >0)
               set actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt to 0
     elseif (actor.GetItemCount xLSTEnslaveToken > 0)
          get.IsActorRespawning
          if (get.IsActorRespawning == 1)
               actor.additem xlvrnrt  ;lovers no respawn token
          elseif (get.IsActorRespawning == 0)
               return
          endif 
     endif
endif

get.IsModLoaded "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "2021B018"  ;IchPlayerSlaveQuestScript

if (get.IsModLoaded "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "2021B018" == 1)
set rTmp to GetFormFromMOD "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "2021B018
if (get.IsModLoaded "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "2021B018" == 1) && (actor == player)
     return
elseif (get.IsModLoaded "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "2021B018" == 1)
     rTmp.OwnerRef
     if OwnerRef.IsActorRespawning == 1
          actor.additem xlvrnrt
     elseif OwnerRef.IsActorRespawning == 0
          actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt
          if (actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt ==0)
               return
          elseif (actor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt > 0)
               setactor.GetItemCount xlvrnrt to 0
          endif
     endif
endif

end

@fienyx: Your code looks very unfamiliar for me (like if it's another game script language). I'll take some time to prepare my version (based on mem4ob4's solutions for plugin intercourse, implemented in PlayerSlaveCry - you are welcome to peek inside it too - it detects wanted mod under any name and accesses to it's objects; learning on other's working code is my old habit). If i understand correctly, xlvrnrt is your token - and task is to find correct reference to person; cause i have no LST, will deal only with PSE part - get access to SlaveOwner ref. Should return tomorrow.

Yes, xlvrnrt is the no respawn token. With PSE I was trying to check for the owner. That same method should also work to check the enslaved npc in LST. My hope was to make the plugin check for either mod, and fully allw enslaving / being enslaved by any npc. I was studying other peoples scripts.

My medical condition (multiple sclerosis) causes issues when I read too much, or even have to concentrate on something new. Sucks, I always liked learning new things and had hoped to learn this. Too bad my body basically tells me no. If you can get this to work the way I imagined it with no masters other than probably the lovers esm and oblivion esm, that would be great. I know a lot of people would be greatly appreciative.

Well, mod detection part looks working (because it is 100% copy of the same part of PlayerSlaveCry - verification based on knowing some cloth item id and checking it's model path as addittional proof); in commented part i tried more straight approach, checking quest variable requested in your task exactly, but it failed: it barked on wrong mod which had some ref the same id, and "HasVariable" check did not fired (as if all was right). Hope I'll learn correct method for quest variable access in future.

; quest-script, with default period 5sec.

short var1short
string_var var1str
ref var1ref
ref var2ref
ref var3ref

begin menumode 1

if getGameLoaded || GetGameRestarted
  let var1short := GetNumLoadedMods
  while 0 < var1short
    sv_Destruct var1str
    let var1short -= 1
    let var1str := GetNthModName var1short

; let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "01B017" ; IchSlaveQuest id
; if\elseif (hasVariable "OwnerRef" var1ref)...\endif ; found unreliable

let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "04DB1B" ; one of PSE' slave ballgags
    if (0 == IsFormValid var1ref)
    elseif (IsBipedModelPathValid 1 var1ref)
       let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "01B017" ; IchSlaveQuest
       if (IsFormValid var1ref)
         let var1short := -3 ; found mod and ref for
       endif
    endif
  loop
  if -3 == var1short
    printC "877findPSEownerREF: looks like PSE mod is found under name %q%z%q." var1str
  else
    printC "877findPSEownerREF: failed to found reliable PSE mod."
  endif
endif

end

Next part is a bad news: after checking part reported "ok" (my flag in var1short become -3), gamemode part did nothing (as if no owners were at all).

; next part of the same script

begin gamemode

if -3 == var1short
  let var2ref := GetRefVariable "OwnerRef" var1ref
  if (0 == isFormValid var2ref)

; strange\invalid owner - do nothing..

elseif (var2ref.isActor) && (var2ref != var3ref)
     let var3ref := var2ref
     if (IsActorRespawning var2ref)
       printC "877findPSEownerREF: our new slaveOwner, %n is respawning. Shold we give him something?" var2ref
;      var2ref.addSpell emo877hateSlavers
    else
       printC "877findPSEownerREF: %n, our new slaveOwner, is not respawning! Lucky us.." var2ref
;      var2ref.addSpell emo877hateSlavers
    endif
  endif
endif
end

Lately i thought - i'm not sure, if testing was correct: in purpose to got quick results, i used "enslave me" spell on town people, and it worked - but there was not "inventory sack" at the place of enslavement, which typicaly pops when "normal" (due gameplay) enslavement i got. With that consideration, "no owners" result is not final.. May be, it should be tested with more "natural" situations (and with more debug prints here and there).

UPD (jan29) - failed to get proper OwnerRef in more thorough test serie ("real combat enslavement") last night; debug messages tell "owner ref variable is valid". Now i have googled\collected more other people discursions about "mod interacting", will read later (now@work, can't concentrate).

ps. after friday i'll be off some time.

Kind of success, but i feel no proud somehow. Used some 'magical' command:
runScriptLine "set z877findPSEownerQuest.var1short to IchSlaveQuest.EscapeEase"

(from console log)
877findPSEownerREF: internal PSE variable "playerEnslaved" is -6 now).
877findPSEownerREF: should new slaveOwner, creature Sanctified Dead, be something special?

full script body

scn findPSEownerREFqs

short var1short
string_var var1str
ref var1ref
ref var2ref
ref var3ref

begin menumode 1

if getGameLoaded || GetGameRestarted
     let var1short := GetNumLoadedMods
     while 0 < var1short
       sv_Destruct var1str
       let var1short -= 1
       let var1str := GetNthModName var1short

; let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "01B017" ; IchSlaveQuest
; elseif (hasVariable "OwnerRef" var1ref) ; found unreliable

let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "04DB1B" ; one of PSE' slave ballgags
       if (0 == IsFormValid var1ref)
       elseif (IsBipedModelPathValid 1 var1ref)
          if (IsFormValid var1ref)
            let var1short := -3 ; found mod and ref for
         endif
     endif
  loop
  if -3 == var1short

; let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "01B018" ; IchSlaveQuestScript

if (1 == hasVariable "OwnerRef" var1ref) ; this check seems unreliable
        printC "877findPSEownerREF: looks like PSE mod is found under name %q%z%q." var1str
     else
        printC "877findPSEownerREF: looks like PSE mod is found under name %q%z%q (but variable OwnerRef is questionable)." var1str
      endif

runScriptLine "set z877findPSEownerQuest.var1short to IchSlaveQuest.EscapeEase"
         if (0 > var1short)
            printC "877findPSEownerREF: failed to get internal PSE variable)."
         else
            printC "877findPSEownerREF: internal PSE variable %qescape easy%q is %g now)." var1short
            let var1short := -3 ; should have more service vars
            runScriptLine "set z877findPSEownerQuest.var1short to IchSlaveQuest.PlayerEnslaved"
            if (0 <= var1short)
                printC "877findPSEownerREF: internal PSE variable %qPlayerEnslaved%q is %g now)." var1short
                let var1short := -3 ; should have more service vars
            endif
        endif
     else
        printC "877findPSEownerREF: failed to found reliable PSE mod."
     endif
  endif

end

begin gamemode

if -6 == var1short
; let var1ref := GetFormFromMod $var1str "01B018" ; IchSlaveQuestScript
; let var2ref := GetRefVariable "OwnerRef" var1ref

let var2ref := 0
  runScriptLine "set z877findPSEownerQuest.var2ref to IchSlaveQuest.OwnerRef"

if (0 == isFormValid var2ref)

; strange\invalid owner - do nothing..

elseif (var2ref == var3ref)

; the same owner - do nothing..

elseif (var2ref.isCreature)

printC "877findPSEownerREF: should new slaveOwner, creature %n, be something special?" var2ref

elseif (var2ref.isActor)
        if (IsActorRespawning var2ref)
           printC "877findPSEownerREF: our new slaveOwner, %n is respawning. Shold we give him something?" var2ref
           var2ref.addSpell emo877hateSlavers
        else
            printC "877findPSEownerREF: %n, our new slaveOwner, is not respawning! Lucky us.." var2ref
            var2ref.addSpell emo877hateSlavers
        endif
     endif
  elseif -1 > var1short
     runScriptLine "set z877findPSEownerQuest.var1short to IchSlaveQuest.PlayerEnslaved"
     if 0 == var1short
        let var1short := -3
     else
        let var1short := -6 ; player enslaved
        printC "877findPSEownerREF: internal PSE variable %qplayerEnslaved%q is %g now)." var1short
     endif
  endif

end

Remark: search on that command (runScriptLine) in various mods i have bring very interesting pieces of code which dramaticaly extend my picture of modding tricks, definitely worth to learn. But i can suspect it can hit code execution speed (also dramaticaly). For example, in LoversRapers-RR (untranslated from japanese yet) such command issued in massive quantities to control actor's face\emotion(!).

• 1 month later...

A quick function to determine facing of player and actor within +-45 deg.( face to face, front to back, etc.)
Can be used to select context specific comments or vulnarability.
Example: Player is walking with a guard on patrol behind them. A scan picks up the guard as in range
and calls this function determining that it is position #2 (guard facing player back). The scan function,
or another function/questscript can call a specific rRef.StartConversation rRef RandomNiceAsscomment

scn PAfacing

float PCangle    ;Player z angle
float Refangle   ;Refs z angle
float Faceangle  ;diff of PC and Ref angle
float Headangle  ;Player heading angle
short sFacing    ;1=PC and Ref facing each other 2=Ref is facing PC back 3=PC is facing Ref back
ref rRef         ; ref selected from a scan function to find nearest actor (within a designated distance)

Begin Function {rRef}
    set PCangle to Player.GetAngle z
    set Refangle to rRef.GetAngle z
    set sFacing to 0
    if PCangle == Refangle ;both facing same direction
        set Faceangle to 0.0
    else ; find the diff of the angles and adjust to positive angle < 180
        if PCangle < Refangle
            set Faceangle to Refangle - PCangle
        else
            set Faceangle to PCangle - Refangle
        endif
        if Faceangle > 180.0
            set Faceangle to 180.0 - ( Faceangle - 180.0 )
        endif
    endif
    set Headangle to player.GetHeadingAngle rRef
    if Headangle < 45.0 && Headangle > -45.0
        ;ref is infront of player
        if Faceangle < 45.0
            ;player face back of Ref
            set sFacing to 3
        elseif Faceangle > 135.0
            ;face to face
            set sFacing to 1
        endif
    else
        if Headangle > 135.0 || Headangle < -135.0
            ;ref is behind player
            if Faceangle < 45.0
                ;ref face player back
                set sFacing to 2
            endif
        endif
    endif
    SetFunctionValue sFacing
end

• 3 weeks later...
(line 23 of your code)

if Faceangle > 180.0
set Faceangle to 180.0 - ( Faceangle - 180.0 )
  endif

If i understand correctly, that code (i'd simplified it to 360 - Faceangle) have purpose to keep value in range {-180; +180}, but i think, correct formula for that is Faceangle := Faceangle - 360  (or, shorter, Faceangle -= 360). For example, if  Faceangle is 225°, this formula will give us -135° (not +135°!).

Also, it seems useful to add input ref check by isFormValid, just to keep your code-followers vigilant ;)

Good luck!

ps.  my online access is very rare & random at these days, so i want to beg pardon if i will not able to read and reply in appropriate time.

Oops, i had to read all code before make nitpick. Now it seems i understand the task :shy: ..(upd: wrong use of abs, see below)

short sFacing
ref rRef

Begin Function {rRef}
let sFacing := -1
if isFormValid rRef
  let sFacing := 0
  if 45 > abs rRef.GetHeadingAngle Player
   let sFacing += 1
; elseif 95 > abs rRef.GetHeadingAngle Player
;     let sFacing += 4
  endif
  if 45 > abs Player.GetHeadingAngle rRef
   let sFacing += 2
; elseif 95 > abs Player.GetHeadingAngle rRef
;     let sFacing += 8
  endif
endif
SetFunctionValue sFacing

; result value:    0= any other position variant,  -1= invalid ref,
;  3= both are facing each other,  2= player is facing to ref's back,  1= ref is facing to pc' back.

;  more variants can be added as shown in commented sections -- for angle values used, 
;  option adds "sidelong glance" areas (i'm not sure i use right words):
;  4(ref is sided to pc's back), 6(ref is sided to pc's face),
;  8(pc is sided to ref's back), 9(pc is sided to ref's face) and 12(side by side).

end

UPD(mar30):  first time my CS crashed on script compilation, ever.  It seems,  Abs  function can deal with bare variable only (no crash, compiled ok).

float rpAng
float prAng
short sFacing
ref rRef

Begin Function {rRef}
let sFacing := -1
if isFormValid rRef
  let sFacing := 0
  let rpAng := rRef.GetHeadingAngle Player
  if 45 > abs rpAng
   let sFacing += 1
; elseif 95 > abs rpAng