Dropping out of school

3 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Haven't used it to quit school in quite some time but before all you had to do was enable the  allow to quit school cheat in MCCC settings.

Then click on sim and find the MCCC menu option to quit school.

Look in your MC_settings.cfg (not while game is running)

Look for the Career entries.

"Career_AdultEmploymentRange": "70,80",
    "Career_ChildrenQuitSchool": false,
    "Career_Difficulty_Adjustment": 1,
    "Career_ElderEmploymentRange": "40,50",
    "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": false,
    "Career_TeenEmploymentRange": "40,50",

"Career_TeensQuitSchool": true,
    "Career_University_Difficulty_Adjustment": 1,

Save when finished

Tested on Yuki Behr using the phone menu to quit job and got LE, can't find the MC menu on sim to Quit School, it used to be in Sim Commands or Maintain Sim so it must be broken.

Tried another mod and got same error and checked with MC CAS > Remove Traits and she no longer has the hidden 'High School C Student', so IDK what's up.

BTW the new version of MCCC 8.1.1 broke the ghosts at Von Haunt Estate in Windeburg and made them human so don't take your sim there.

I've been avoiding the current patch for now. I don't much care for patches lately as they always seem to cause issues. I'll wait a bit for things to get fixed. I realized I had 2 mods, a mod off Modthesims as well as MCCC that changed school quitting. This was quite awhile ago but removed the other mod and just used MCCC. I remember last time I played a Teen was before the Skiing pack. It worked fine back then, but now it kept erroring when I tried to quit school, and then simply using MCCC in the cheats menu (or somewhere, clicked the sim, went into MCCC and somewhere is "quit job" doing that removed the school but I remember still getting a phone call from Principal. I'll give it a try when I play again tonight, wasn't sure if it keeps happening daily or if it was just left over because I quit on a school day.

43 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

I've been avoiding the current patch for now. I don't much care for patches lately as they always seem to cause issues. I'll wait a bit for things to get fixed. I realized I had 2 mods, a mod off Modthesims as well as MCCC that changed school quitting. This was quite awhile ago but removed the other mod and just used MCCC. I remember last time I played a Teen was before the Skiing pack. It worked fine back then, but now it kept erroring when I tried to quit school, and then simply using MCCC in the cheats menu (or somewhere, clicked the sim, went into MCCC and somewhere is "quit job" doing that removed the school but I remember still getting a phone call from Principal. I'll give it a try when I play again tonight, wasn't sure if it keeps happening daily or if it was just left over because I quit on a school day.

From what I've seen today both the quit school is broken and the Von Haunt Estate ghosts are broken.

Ghosts worked fine before the patch and MCCC update and tested with only MCCC installed and it's the cause.

BatDoot tried it without MCCC and ghosts appeared as normal. 

• 11 months later...
9 hours ago, lanoix said:

Is this still broken? I can't seem to quit school with my kids.

Works now with latest version but you have to go into MCCC Settings on the computer in game and enable it first as they are disabled by default.

2 Settings: one for Teens and one for Kids

Then you have to save, exit, and restart game to take effect.

Now you have to make Child/Teen active player and then click on them and Select MCCC and find the Quit School option.

Can't remember exactly which menu ATM.

3 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Works now with latest version but you have to go into MCCC Settings on the computer in game and enable it first as they are disabled by default.

2 Settings: one for Teens and one for Kids

Then you have to save, exit, and restart game to take effect.

Now you have to make Child/Teen active player and then click on them and Select MCCC and find the Quit School option.

Can't remember exactly which menu ATM.

Ohh I see, I was trying to go via the phone to quit school. It worked through the MCCC menu, thanks!