The Rebuild - BETA 2

The Rebuild - BETA 2

The Rebuild

A Future World for Sims 3

BETA 2

This is a BETA TEST

It has taken one year to get this world ready for inhabitants. Not quite a Dystopia, the old world isn’t quite all gone or repaired… but, there has been a lot of progress rebuilding, and most of the planetary war remains have been cleaned up. At least it’s gathered to local piles of trash. Still, lack of resources has made it difficult to refurbish some things and most metal things are still rusty.  We make do with what was left behind.

Our Fearless Leader still requires volunteers for his army – those pesky spaceships still fire on anyone trying to leave this last enclave of humans. There are a few “Vacation” locations that seem to go untouched though… Well, as Leader says – Makes life interesting.

Layout:

·         46 Commercial lots (4 empty lots)

·         29 Residential lots (2 empty lots)

·         3 dive wells

·         4 Subways

·         3 Llamas

·         3 Ports (2 with houseboats)

·         1 Dive Site (Unique)

·         1 Tomb (with push-able Penis statues)

There are a lot of Glass domes and windows. These may become static when first on the lot. Just go to Buy/Build mode, click on the glass object and immediately press the ESC key. They will reset to their original floor and function correctly.  They were designed to vanish when you go to a lower floor.

These Glass objects are available for your own builds on your Lots. They can be a little tricky to place as most are set either to lay flat of the floor a floor or two above where you want them to be. You will need to have TestingCheatsEnabled, MoveObjects On, and use a COLUM (or two) to place them above the last floor. They do not have a proper “FootPrint” so your sim may walk right through them.  Place then so they are surrounded with other objects so these paths are naturally blocked (large Domes).  Window will function and place normally but may remain static when first on the lot. Click on them and press ESC to reset.

Many of the Domes and Windows have been either rebuilt or adjusted. Some domes and windows may not vanish when doing to a lower floor until reset for that lot. Some larger domes may not vanish until reset so may make it challenging to view your Sims and interactions. Shift-Ctrl-C – Click the lot, select Buy/Build, then double-click the dome (or click and press ESC key).

If you have a lot of “Park Statues” then you are missing a package in your Mods Folder.

There are a few trees, bushes, and flowers made for this world. The Dystopia Tree is the largest and occupies a lot of space in this world.  It will not vanish like most trees – you will need to work around them blocking views – just like in the real world where trees do not vanish to make your view easy.

·         2 Trees

·         6 bushes (including various shades of DickWeed, a tall Boob-Bush planter, and several shades of Marijuana bushes)

Everything a Sims 3 world will need is there – unless you’re into Nectar Making. It doesn’t have a Nectory. There is room to place one on a 30X30 lot.  No “Supernatural” objects or other Occult objects were placed with the exception of Tomb Objects.

Thank You Contributors:

·         Sasilia – for their Torcher Chamber objects.

·         MajikGoldys – for their Medieval bathroom objects.

·         D&M for their Medieval Market items.

·         Jynx & Misty – for her variations of Rabbit Hole Rugs.

·         Carlos & Graham – for their Helicopter Objects.

·         Pandorasims – for their sex shop items.

·         LadySmoks for her Bar Stool.

·         NonaMena – for their Permanent Tent.

·         Murfeel – for their Skyrim Giant Mushroom Lights.

·         Mammutzoo – for their Pinklebush

·         F-P for their Armored Pick-up Truck.

·         SeeMyu – for their Exotic Pole

I had to remove the Ani-working bed control and the exotic Dancer objects as they were causing problems. They can be added by you – they just created a problem with the Compiling of the world.

All other objects were created by me, as were the terrain paints for the world and for Lot level (in-game) so you can match your lots to the world.

Installing:

First off - I built this with most of the EP's and a couple SP's

1. Ambitions
  2. Fast Lane
  3. Generations
  4. High End Loft
  5. ITF
  6. IP
  7. Late Night
  8. Master Suite
  9. Outdoor Living
  10. Pets
  11. Seasons
  12. Showtime
  13. Supernatural
  14. Town Life
  15. World Adventures.

You most likely will need all of these for everything to work.

Missing a few... give it a try!  Most all of what I made for this world will work as a Base-Game item. And, all those objects are included…

·         It is BEST to start with a NEW Sims Game Folder. Rename your current “The Sims 3” folder by adding a date to the end of the folder. Start The Sims 3 to regenerate your folder then add your Mods Folder (empty)

·         Create a New Sub-Folder in your Sims/Mods/Packages. Name it “The Rebuild Mods”.

·         Place all the Mod “ZIP” files into this new sub-Folder and unpack them.

·         Place the worlds Sims3pack file into your Sims/Downloads folder.

·         Clear your Game Cashes (if you haven’t made a new game folder).

·         Install the World through the Launcher.

·         Play.

If you don’t start with a new game folder – make sure you check for conflicts with the included Mods against any mods you left in your mods folders.

It is important that all mods included with this new world be in your Mods folder – or you will have lots of Park Statues – everywhere! Mods for this world may have the same internal numbering as one you already have – so this worlds mods take president over your existing mods. They will work the same – just be a different color and/or shape to fit the new world.

Again – this World and the Package files for it - are not the same as BETA 1.

Please be sure they do NOT get mixed up as most have the same name – and/or internal numbering has been changed… It may say it’s a Duck… But now it’s a Goose.

Best to start with a new Game Folder.

Wave Frequency, height, and timing have been modified to make ocean waves higher and be choppier.

Light and water colors are changed. Water "Murkiness" is set at 2 so you have underwater viability (For Dive Lot) yet a little cloudiness.

I tried to post this strictly as a BETA Test on my Page but, only one downloaded the complete set of files and after a week - no response. So, I publish it with a Warning.

This is a BETA - and the first Beta so most likely will have bugs... Nothing that will harm your game or machine.

BETA 2 CHANGE LOG

Quite a bit has changed. For starters… Everything now works. Which is a bonus…

Many of the large domes were remade.

Much was done to prevent Sims from walking where they shouldn’t be able to. Like off cliffs or through objects. 

Access to the Butterfly and Insect Research Dome is fixed.

Access to and egress from the Bot Arena is fixed.

EA’s Mysterious Spaceship has been removed and replaced with a vacant lot.

The Beach that was underwater is fixed.

The pathway to the “Nude Beach” through the rock tunnel – fixed.

Much of the pathway and routing problems – fixed.

The “Wasted Beach” is rebuilt – added a Club with a Glass Walkway to a lookout. Amazing what you can do with an old burned out Nuke Storage buildings Steel Frame… who needs walls?

I have:

Added several new Objects to the world

Rebuilt many other objects

This being the case – it is not the same world.

Both the world and the required package files have been drastically changed so…

Please do not mix-up Beta 1 with BETA 2 file. Start a new folder!

I have not included a series of Outfits, Tops, and Bottoms with this release.

This will come as a separate Download – in about, a couple weeks. They will be completely different than those included with BETA 1 (which were not offered as a separate download, world download only).

INSTALLING:

This World consists of two files for your Download

1. The Rebuild BETA 2 - Sims3pack (World)
  2. The Rebuild BETA 2 Required Packages - ZIP file (Everything that goes into the World)

Place the ZIP file into an EMPTY Mods/Packages folder and unpack.

Place the Sim3pack in your Games "Downloads" folder.

Start the Game and install the World... Play.

Again, This World is a BETA!

It has made it through its first round of testing, and corrections have been made…

I’m sure a few more will be found before all is done… or good enough to call a playable “world”.

I need your input – Let me know of problems with playing this world.   I’ve been playing for about two weeks and had no problems. However, I haven’t been everywhere. 

Be aware that I have noticed that Error-Trap has racked up over 100 with a camera and Tablet (I think) occasionally. It doesn’t happen often so find no pattern, nor do I find the offending object in my CC or in the world environment.  I have no idea as to where it is coming from – keep your eyes open for this object and report it back to me. It has no effect on the game or play.  I don’t like loose ends taking up space or potentially clogging the system. If it’s clean – it will run smooth.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/25/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Most EP's and 3 SP's Check list...

Well, thank you!  Appreciate the positive feedback.

I'm still playing this world - finding little things.

I'll look into making access easier on that lot. 

I did try some unique building techniques but only used standard methods and very little Constrainfloorelevation=false.

Shouldn't really be a problem though. There is the tube elevator at ground floor which goes to the living area on the 2nd & 3rd floors.

Could you be more specific? Because the living area is "floating" there may be problems with routing on each floor - this means, I (or you), need to put back the floors foundation - put some columns back under the floors around the Perimeter (walls). This will blow the aesthetics of the floating if the columns need to be there.... will need to look at this. 

Again, vonhiernachda thanks for the feedback.

A world that runs smooth and is full of interesting things - is a good world to play... that's the goal.

Also, any thoughts on additions to the world is appreciated. 

The lot-space is pretty well restricted but there are a few lots still open and lots of space to add things to the World's environment. 

As long as I don't personally make a new Game Folder to test this world... I can still edit it. 

If I start testing as the end-user - I'll lose the ability to edit the world. That's why the BETA test is like this... old game system... lol

I started testing as an end-user for Phallus Gleann and couldn't finish that world. 

Okay Vonhiernachda,  I checked out the lot.

I found no restrictions to access or use of the living areas or the pool.

All areas function. I did notice that it was difficult to make my Sims use the pool but they do.  I suspect it is the small size of the pool and the limited access/egress area at the pool ladder.  When my Sim went to the back side of the pool - they jumped in. 

The size of the pool I think.

I did find that the build function is restricted - I don't know why that feature is turned on -except so the come and windows wouldn't be altered - it would make it difficult to replace any of them without the foundation there. You'd need to place column all around the paremiter of the living space to replace anything at the outside walls - inside the house or outside.

Because the Build/buy function is partially blocked - use Testingcheatsenabled true and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off at the console to allow making changes. 

1317000245_poolworks.PNG.be8224c8eb4222bb964f35eb7d0d7db0.PNG1844901151_bathworks.PNG.c5ee0c2c8959603173d9adc8a38bfea6.PNG92448784_bedworks1.PNG.26e4f81509eb4b368f8751e3973df4e5.PNG847258002_bedworks2.PNG.a20fcc7183efec39953af7fc386a3ac0.PNG1279034898_couchworks.PNG.b1273fa5849e76166b57a492678da1d3.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Well, It's been a little over a month and no comments on anything except a Pool being a little too small.

Of the 1600 or so that Downloaded BETA 1 - only about 260 have downloaded BETA 2.

Perhaps they don't know... I updated BETA 1 to indicate it being OBSOLETE and that BETA 2 is available. 

If you like this world - spread the word and like...

Vonhiernachda, There are two ways to access the Dome "Floating" house. 1) click on the tube elevator. 2) click on the living area floor and have Sim go there. 

The only way to make it easier is to put in a double stair and have a front-door.  As it is I think you can also click of that front door at the ground level of the Tube Elevator. 

A correction to make the pool a little bigger one one lot is not worth a recompile at this time. 

As I play on and make/note changes - it will get to a point where there will be a BETA 3...

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, Fjouf said:

Is there a version that doesn't change the load screen?

In the Mods/Packages folder you will find “The Rebuild Loader Screen 2 - Nonsequitur.package"

Change the extension from “package” to “oldpackage”. This will deactivate the Loading Screen.  Or, you can remove it entirely, or move it to a storage folder elsewhere.  Once the extension name is changed the game will not look at it… it’s no longer a “package” as far as the game is concerned.