I've gotten a few messages on my old nexus account about an old outfit I made that Vioxis helped convert and weight. So I'll post it here and I might put a few more up eventually.

You can modify and release any of these mods however you like, but a link back here for credit would be nice.

Panda Outfit for CBBE Slim:

Current:

post-121556-0-00216800-1367020335_thumb.png

post-121556-0-53678200-1367020380_thumb.png

post-121556-0-83248200-1367020436_thumb.png

post-121556-0-83152300-1367020496_thumb.png

post-121556-0-31007600-1367020560_thumb.png

Old version but I liked the pictures:

post-121556-0-83008800-1367020298_thumb.png

and if you're curious, some other old stuff:

post-121556-0-04100400-1367021729_thumb.gif *click this one*

post-121556-0-48959300-1367020579_thumb.png

post-121556-0-07592000-1367020594_thumb.png

Readme:

• Created for CBBE v3 Slim.
  • This outfit doesn't have a body mesh included in the model.
  • I made multiple textures for this armor and each version is in it's own folder ready for loading into NMM.
  • Don't load the entire zip extract folder into NMM.
  • Texture versions are self explanatory by the folder name.
  • The custom version uses shorts_1 model for shorts_0 and shorts_1 because I always got clipping with a custom body.
  • I made this a long time ago using blender and gimp. It's not very well done and the texture totally sucks, but I'm not fixing it.
  • It would be pretty cool if someone made a sweet retexture for this.

Download:

Skirmish_PandaOutfit_AllInOne.zip

To be honest the default bear texture you used on DA looks pretty good too. You should defiantly offer both as a texture option.

Wish I could texture but my talents lie elsewhere in numbers and things like fiddling with the CK.

Been spending a lot of my time lately in CK merging mods and creating a 'Mall' so that I can just setup shops rather than having chest cluttered all over Whiterun and such. Some mods I have the only way to get the items is through console, which blows. I'd rather have something to spend the heaps of gold I always have on.

To be honest the default bear texture you used on DA looks pretty good too. You should defiantly offer both as a texture option.

Wish I could texture but my talents lie elsewhere in numbers and things like fiddling with the CK.

Been spending a lot of my time lately in CK merging mods and creating a 'Mall' so that I can just setup shops rather than having chest cluttered all over Whiterun and such. Some mods I have the only way to get the items is through console, which blows. I'd rather have something to spend the heaps of gold I always have on.

Haha. Oh, you found that, huh? Hmm. Well, it's definitely not a completed texture for one. First, it's just the hood and nothing else. Also, it was based off of an older version of the hood. I completely remodeled the hood because the very first version was a mess of odd polygons, so the UV map is totally different.

Also, I felt like it was less 'legit' that I was just modifying Skyrim's textures instead of creating my own. If anyone wants to make a texture for this outfit like the one I posted on DA, all I did was use the clone tool in photoshop and copy and paste chunks of bear fur onto the new uv map an blend the edges together with a feathered eraser tool. It's a really easy photoshop job that will probably only take a few hours per armor piece and that's only if you really want to tweak it. Though, I suppose I did have a hard time making the fur look nice with a bump map. Maybe I was just inexperienced though.

How about this. I was thinking about creating a new panda/bear armor that was actually armored. So if I ever get around to making that, it will have a nice fur bear texture. But first I need to finish my jester armor, dress outfit, assorted t-shirts, a pancake mod, a waffle mod, and an armor I started a long time ago just called "steam", and also finished the texture for my jester armor that didn't exactly turn out the greatest and I just might redo that. But job and school come first so whenever I find time or whenever this starts making me money is when that will happen. :/

Haha. Oh, you found that, huh? Hmm. Well, it's definitely not a completed texture for one. First, it's just the hood and nothing else. Also, it was based off of an older version of the hood. I completely remodeled the hood because the very first version was a mess of odd polygons, so the UV map is totally different.

Also, I felt like it was less 'legit' that I was just modifying Skyrim's textures instead of creating my own. If anyone wants to make a texture for this outfit like the one I posted on DA, all I did was use the clone tool in photoshop and copy and paste chunks of bear fur onto the new uv map an blend the edges together with a feathered eraser tool. It's a really easy photoshop job that will probably only take a few hours per armor piece and that's only if you really want to tweak it. Though, I suppose I did have a hard time making the fur look nice with a bump map. Maybe I was just inexperienced though.

How about this. I was thinking about creating a new panda/bear armor that was actually armored. So if I ever get around to making that, it will have a nice fur bear texture. But first I need to finish my jester armor, dress outfit, assorted t-shirts, a pancake mod, a waffle mod, and an armor I started a long time ago just called "steam", and also finished the texture for my jester armor that didn't exactly turn out the greatest and I just might redo that. But job and school come first so whenever I find time or whenever this starts making me money is when that will happen. :/

I'm quite the masterful lurker and often find hidden little treasures related to what I'm looking for. I'm so forgetful I'm not even sure how I came across your DA in my hunt for your nexus name since hidden files don't give their authors.

But you really shouldn't doubt yourself so much if people are taking notice of your outfit everywhere. You should really consider unhiding it on the Nexus since there are a few spot lights and blogs out there that link to your nexus download. You have two things that are really going for it, one its one of a handful of hooded outfits, and the other is its the only panda outfit I know of.

So far my knowledge on 3D editing is pretty nonexistent atm. Still in the initial steps of learning basic body type converting. Slow going. Would like to make my own outfit at some point... if I can overcome my terrible ability to texture as well. 3D editing seems simple compared to my inability to grasp anything beyond flat mono color. Then again trying to 'draw' with a mouse only makes it that much worse. I do technically have a tablet since my sister abandon the one I got for her at my parents house for her boyfriend's screened tablet. Just not sure I'd be any better with an unscreened tablet than I would with a mouse since I have to watch what my hands are doing a lot and miss whats going on on the screen. Just can't seem to master blind hand movements on a computer like I can on a console.

I'm quite the masterful lurker and often find hidden little treasures related to what I'm looking for. I'm so forgetful I'm not even sure how I came across your DA in my hunt for your nexus name since hidden files don't give their authors.

But you really shouldn't doubt yourself so much if people are taking notice of your outfit everywhere. You should really consider unhiding it on the Nexus since there are a few spot lights and blogs out there that link to your nexus download. You have two things that are really going for it, one its one of a handful of hooded outfits, and the other is its the only panda outfit I know of.

So far my knowledge on 3D editing is pretty nonexistent atm. Still in the initial steps of learning basic body type converting. Slow going. Would like to make my own outfit at some point... if I can overcome my terrible ability to texture as well. 3D editing seems simple compared to my inability to grasp anything beyond flat mono color. Then again trying to 'draw' with a mouse only makes it that much worse. I do technically have a tablet since my sister abandon the one I got for her at my parents house for her boyfriend's screened tablet. Just not sure I'd be any better with an unscreened tablet than I would with a mouse since I have to watch what my hands are doing a lot and miss whats going on on the screen. Just can't seem to master blind hand movements on a computer like I can on a console.

I was also planning on making a new nexus account as well. I'm not really a fan of that username anymore. I came up with it when I was like 15. Time for a change.

What I really want to make is a more realistic body mod. CBBE is my body of choice right now, but there's things that bug me. I really want the shoulder blades on the back to move when you move the arms. I just feel like with some clever placement of vertices and a custom skeleton with shoulder bones, moving an arm above the head wouldn't be a problem, but I guess we'll see. After that I was thinking about doing custom races with custom base head mesh that has vertices in place for wrinkling of the skin around the mouth and forehead when talking and doing expressions.

It'll take a while though and I'd need some help. I don't even know how TRI's work atm. I just know how to make armors and weigh them.

And drawing with a tablet takes some getting used to, but now I love it and I don't like drawing any other way. I need to buy a new one though. Mine is getting worn out and the new wacom bamboo tablets have rubber grips D: and twice the pressure sensitivity than what I have.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks skirmish! i'll take you up on that offer to freely modify this armor lol, working on a unpb variant mashup. (still working the panda hat, boots, and textures, ears are just a placeholder)

I'm just now seeing this. I totally forgot about this thread. It looks great! Almost makes me want to make a new version but, effort, meh.. lol.. Sorry guys.

If someone wanted to update the UVW map, I'd do a retexture of my own. I really hate setting up the UVW map.

I really love your work skirmish but when i install it the boot is glitched in the game. any idea how to fix it?

Sorry it took so long to reply. The armor is set up to not affect any body mod you have installed so If you don't have CBBE slim, you might experience clipping. Sorry. I didn't plan for people to actually use it at the time.

• 1 year later...

If you have a problem with the boots it's not the shoe mesh it is whatever is wrong with the feet in the mesh. To fix it I just placed a copy of my players foot nif into the panda mesh folder then loaded up the foot nif into nifskope and right clicked the foot mesh and went to block - copy branch then without closing nifskope clicked load and loaded up one of the shoe nifs then right clicked the old foot and went to block - remove branch then I right clicked Scene Root in the left list and went to block - paste branch then save as to overwrite the nif then repeated for the other shoe nif and the problem was fixed. 

Just converted this to the UNPCM body added TBBP to it and retextured the legwarmers gauntlets cape and shorts. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15224-show-your-skyrim-counterpart/?p=1115053

*Edit 

Here is a link to my conversion re-texture if you want to check it out. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44608-pandaoutfit-ambientocclusion-converted-to-unpcm-tbbp-re-texture/?p=1115420

I've gotten a few messages on my old nexus account about an old outfit I made that Vioxis helped convert and weight. So I'll post it here and I might put a few more up eventually.

You can modify and release any of these mods however you like, but a link back here for credit would be nice.

Took you at your word and converted the outfit for BodySlide 2 for those using bodies with CBBE textures. I couldn't get the shoes to work, so I used the legwarmers as footwear instead; will go well with Zemaria's Greaves and Legwraps Replacer lol.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44680-panda-outfit-for-bodyslide-2/

post-9095-0-85925200-1426704582_thumb.png