Removing SexOut requirement

Does anyone know what it would take to remove the SexOut portions of SO quest mods? I like the stuff it allows me to do, but I don't want the animations or framework. I'd prefer a fade-to-black, maybe a text box like Intimacy Overhaul.

I don't expect anyone to do this for me; I'll do it myself, or try. I'd just like somebody with more experience with the Creation Kit to give advice on how to accomplish this, maybe an example at most.

5 hours ago, Adventure! said:

Does anyone know what it would take to remove the SexOut portions of SO quest mods? I like the stuff it allows me to do, but I don't want the animations or framework. I'd prefer a fade-to-black, maybe a text box like Intimacy Overhaul.

I don't expect anyone to do this for me; I'll do it myself, or try. I'd just like somebody with more experience with the Creation Kit to give advice on how to accomplish this, maybe an example at most.

I think the best option for this is to mod SexoutNG itself. Make sure that calls to play an animation work, but instead of the actual playing of the animation, you just do a fade to black.

For instance. In Sexout Breeder a call is made to play animation XYZ with player+animal, that call would land at the correct function in SexoutNG. but instead of playing the animation, you get fade to black, and then the function in SexoutNG still sets the 'player had sex with animal' information for all mods that require that knowledge (like SexoutSpunk/Sexout Pregnancy)

8 hours ago, Adventure! said:

what it would take to remove the SexOut portions of SO quest mods?

Mostly nothing that hard, you just will be need to rewrite sexout calls on other code that will make the action you need and also you need to add tokens(if they were used), as some sexout calls is able to give the token after the scene to continie the script. Probably you can even write your own function that will emulate sexout's calls and supprt tokens with built-in fade-to-black and stuff, so you can just change the calling function with yours for fast and easier swap