Porting Skyrim Armors into Daz

I was wondering if there are tutorials on porting Skyrim armors into DAZ and fitting them to Genesis 8 models?  If so, how are they textured once there?  I know yo can import an .OBJ but I am just not sure what to do from there.

Just FYI, I am not looking to profit from or modify anyone else's armors.  I just wanna take some pics in DAZ where I have more control of the resolution and overall look and feel of the image.

Any help here would be appreciated.

You'll need an old version of Blender like 2.49.  In nifscope; delete the BSLightingShaderProperty and save the nif.  Import as a nif into Blender; clear the parent of the mesh sections and then delete all the weights.  Then delete the skeleton.  Redo the texture image paths, materials and UV map input.  (I make the material color black so there won't be any drop light issues later on.)  Select all the mesh pieces and export them as an obj.  You can now import it into DAZ Studio like any other obj sequence.

EDIT: If you did the textures and map right the material zones will be there even if the meshes look solid.  If the textures aren't showing, open the mtl in a text editor to see where they are.

• 3 months later...