SexLab Patch for Skyrim 1.8.151 & SKSE 1.6.9

Here's a small patch I made for Ashal's SexLab which will let you try out SexLab on Skyrim 1.8.151 and SKSE 1.6.9

(for Beta Rev1)
(for Beta Rev2)
(for Beta Rev3)

(for Beta Rev3b)

Place this file into the Scripts folder and overwrite the original.

It changes the following constants in the script file above.

OLD

float skyrimNeeded = 1.9
float skseNeeded = 1.0613

NEW

float skyrimNeeded = 1.8
float skseNeeded = 1.0609

PS. As you might have guessed, this file will also work with newer versions Skyrim or SKSE, such as 1.9 and 1.6.13.

Patch for SexLab Beta Rev3 has been posted. See the first message.

PS. I haven't tested this one. Just recompiled the script and posted it. I'd appreciate your feedback, if there's a problem let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think you can recompile for revision 4b?

Unless you are contibuting to the Git repository development branch, you are not allowed to edit any of the included scripts and resources except to translate the mod into another language.

I asked for his permission, he didn't reply, and I took that as no, so I'm afraid this time you're on your own. Sorry.

Unless you are contibuting to the Git repository development branch, you are not allowed to edit any of the included scripts and resources except to translate the mod into another language.

I asked for his permission, he didn't reply, and I took that as no, so I'm afraid this time you're on your own. Sorry.

I will provide no support for people running on older versions of Skyrim. There's heavy potential for problems or bugs being the result of the older versions and I have no way to accurately test for anything on it. 

I will provide no support for people running on older versions of Skyrim. There's heavy potential for problems or bugs being the result of the older versions and I have no way to accurately test for anything on it. 

Thanks Ashal, but I'm also glad to not be the only one not wanting to go to 1.9, at least until the folks doing the UOP figure out the facial animations bug it causes. Until then I guess i'll takes me chances rather than miss out on your wonderful framework. Please give your permission, I don't want to break my game over one mod. I promise not to bother you with any bugs.

Thanks Ashal, but I'm also glad to not be the only one not wanting to go to 1.9, at least until the folks doing the UOP figure out the facial animations bug it causes. Until then I guess i'll takes me chances rather than miss out on your wonderful framework. Please give your permission, I don't want to break my game over one mod. I promise not to bother you with any bugs.

I'm not saying don't do it, if anybody wants to run it on 1.8 or earlier, go right ahead. I'm just saying don't expect technical help on any sexlab plugins if you run into issues.

Same goes to Bjornk releasing patches for it, go right ahead. Though I'd prefer it at least be made clear in the OP that people using unsupported versions of Skyrim shouldn't expect support for issues outside of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this on the Skyrim Uploader site today.

http://skup.dip.jp/up/up04833.zip

It appears a Japanese user (and/or someone who frequents the site) compiled a new framework pex for v1.01b. Uploaded May 31.

I tried it out briefly. It appears to function normally (mostly) so far. MCM menu works. I used the MatchMaker plugin successfully to start animations (male player character and a female NPC). The only thing is, with an existing save game, I had to save that game, quit skyrim, and reload it before SexLab config would show up in the MCM menu.

I started a new game, and while I have yet to test animation, the config did show up in the MCM menu from the start, so I suppose it was just that the other save game was from before SexLab was installed. I don't recall this happening with another Skyrim install that was patched to 1.9, so I'm not sure if this unusual behavior is specific to using it with v1.8/SKSE 1.6.9, or just specific to this install of SexLab. Just a heads up for anyone here who might be thinking of trying this. I will say this, being able to use SexLab and phoneme/mfg console commands together is incredible (that was part of my animation trial). If it wasn't for Bethesda's clumsiness, this thread wouldn't even have to exist (I assume that's the biggest reason people want to use this with 1.8).

Side note: Before finding this thread, I tried compiling the PSC myself (both externally and inside the CK). Always failed to compile (complained about the sslSystemConfig file). I was able to produce a file after finding the one posted above (the Japanese site) by using the Assembler to produce a PAS which can be edited successfully. Then the PAS can be used to create the PEX file again by using the Assembler, without error. I haven't tried to see if this method works yet, but the new file has the same file size as the original, so this method probably works too. I don't have much need for it for this version since the one uploaded to the Japanese site works. If I test it out, I'll report whether it works. This may help other people for future releases of the framework as a workaround to being unable to compile the PSC.

Side note: Before finding this thread, I tried compiling the PSC myself (both externally and inside the CK). Always failed to compile (complained about the sslSystemConfig file). 

Compiling any file tied to the sslSystemConfig file requires the source files for SkyUI since it's a MCM script. For some reason SkyUI doesn't just include those source files with the normal release, so you have to download the SDK source files from https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki

And to reiterate, I don't care if people play on 1.8, I just won't provide any official support it.

Future releases of SexLab may 100% require the newest version despite changing the version check in the file as was done here. There's some new functions in the latest version of SKSE I'm tempted to use, as it'll mean being able to reliably unequip torches during strip and a couple other uses I'd like to experiment with. If the improvements from these new SKSE functions ends up being overly minor at the cost the forced version requirement than I may just not use it. Remains to be seen.

Compiling any file tied to the sslSystemConfig file requires the source files for SkyUI since it's a MCM script. For some reason SkyUI doesn't just include those source files with the normal release, so you have to download the SDK source files from https://github.com/s...ster/skyui/wiki

Well, that explains it. Thanks for the heads up.

And to reiterate, I don't care if people play on 1.8, I just won't provide any official support it.

You've made that abundantly clear. If someone, even after all of your disclaimers, still tries getting "official" support, then that person simply cannot be helped by words. I don't think it'll be an issue though.

Future releases of SexLab may 100% require the newest version despite changing the version check in the file as was done here. There's some new functions in the latest version of SKSE I'm tempted to use, as it'll mean being able to reliably unequip torches during strip and a couple other uses I'd like to experiment with. If the improvements from these new SKSE functions ends up being overly minor at the cost the forced version requirement than I may just not use it. Remains to be seen.

Thanks for the heads up on that. If you do decide to go full 1.9 requirement, I'll probably just have to turn my attention to SKSE. There's ways to fool SKSE's version check, although doing that would be predicated upon using newer versions of SKSE with v1.8 without causing stability issues that prevent me from running SexLab (or simply Skyrim for that matter) altogether. I suppose at some point, I'll be out of luck. If newer versions of SKSE help you make SexLab better, go for it. Us stubborn 1.8ers will just have to deal with it.

Unless, of course, Bethesda gets off their lazy asses and just corrects the face animation issues that the 1.9 patch caused. Phoneme and modifier commands broken, NPCs sleeping with their eyes open, other weird shit. I'd really like to know what they did to cause it.

I'm having difficulty finding SKSE 1.6.9 anywhere on the internet to download.  I'm stuck with the release on silverlock, which is 1.6.15.  When I log into my game, it's telling me that I need 1.6.9...can someone PLEASE help me with this or post a link to where 1.6.9 can be downloaded?

I'm having difficulty finding SKSE 1.6.9 anywhere on the internet to download.  I'm stuck with the release on silverlock, which is 1.6.15.  When I log into my game, it's telling me that I need 1.6.9...can someone PLEASE help me with this or post a link to where 1.6.9 can be downloaded?

Uhm, go here http://skse.silverlock.org/

And click the archived build link.

Alternatively click this: http://skse.silverlock.org/download/archive/skse_1_06_09.7z

• 1 month later...

For anyone that may not know, the latest version of SexLab (v1.14) has version requirements set at v1.8 (Skyrim) and v1.6.9 (SKSE), so you won't need to have a custom version of the framework file to use this version on 1.8 Skyrim. However, that's just this version. As Ashal has alluded to, future versions could require the use of SKSE functions from later versions (that only work with 1.9 Skyrim), so don't get too comfortable.

Also, this blog post might be bad news for anyone hoping for another patch to fix the issues that 1.9 caused with the mfg commands phoneme and modifier.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/08/01/the-complete-elder-scrolls-collection-comes-to-pc-this-september/

I personally believe this means there won't be a patch. I would assume if they were going to release one, they would have before making this collection.

• 3 months later...

I've directly installed the latest version of framework(v1.24),may I ask which patch should I use?Thx :shy:

You should not be using any patch. At the time this patch was created skyrim 1.9 broke a few mods "Fuz Ro Doh" for example so this was made so people could still use skyrim 1.8. All mods that you should be using are now compatible with the latest version of skyrim and skse, also SexLab was at rev3b when this was made I'm sure this would break SexLab at this point. In short do not use any patches for the current version of the framework. I think its about time for to update skyrim if your still on 1.8.

I've directly installed the latest version of framework(v1.24),may I ask which patch should I use?Thx :shy:

You should not be using any patch. At the time this patch was created skyrim 1.9 broke a few mods "Fuz Ro Doh" for example so this was made so people could still use skyrim 1.8. All mods that you should be using are now compatible with the latest version of skyrim and skse, also SexLab was at rev3b when this was made I'm sure this would break SexLab at this point. In short do not use any patches for the current version of the framework. I think its about time for to update skyrim if your still on 1.8.

I'm disappointed to hear this :( The only reason I don't update my Skyrim is the wink glitch of 1.9, which makes Dragonborn looks dead, and Bethesda isn't even planned to fix it! Anyway, thank you very much.