Chinese JiangShi retextured ver. 3BA/BHUNP

Chinese JiangShi retextured ver. 3BA/BHUNP

View File

(Image from the original retexture uploader)

About this file :

- provide an alternate texture to the original mod

Requirement :

- BHUNP or CBBE 3BA

- Bodyslide

- (If using BHUNP) BHUNP 3BBB CHINESE JIANGSHI [SE] 1.1V by BakaFactory

- (If using CBBE 3BA) Chinese JiangShi - CBBE-TBD SE by Daymarr

- Racemenu

(Added 4 racemenu body tattoo, name starting with "Chinese Jiangshi [...]", 3 in front, 1 in the back)

How to Use (2.0):

- First download the required original mod linked above

- Follow the link 'roxkRaAC' in description, download "Chinese Jiangshi recolored 2.0" AND your preferred version of bodyslide file

- In MO2, install original mod, then recolor mod, then your slide file

- Build in Bodyslide. BHUNP version starts with "BHUNP Chinese Jiangshi [...]" and 3BA version starts with "3BA Chinese Jiangshi [...]"

- Once you have build the clothes and made sure they're working in game, you could disable the bodyslide file in MO2.

How to Use (3.0): IN ADDITION TO PREVIOUS STEPS !!!

- For BHUNP user, install the v2 slides, overwrites the old files. The new version contains a .xml file for SMP, if you're gonna disable it, make sure to overwrite the original xml first.

How to Use (1.0):

Spoiler

- Download BakaFactory's BHUNP file

- Download this file, BHUNP Chinese JiangShi Recolor.zip

- Overwrite original

- Build in Bodyslide

- Modified mesh for : Clothes 1, Clothes 2, Hand 2, Rope Down 3, Shoes, Sleeve, Stockings, Thong

- If you want to revert to orinal color, disable this file in MO2 and rebuild BakaFactory's file in Bodyslide

All credits goes to :

- Goutou (for the original LE cloth)

- BakaFactory for BHUNP conversion

- Daymarr for CBBE conversion

- Nako for the retexture and mesh edit

...and if you wonder what's written on those papers

the ones on the head and the nipples would translate into roughly "Command: seeing me makes you horny", but I'm not sure who is the subject, either the wearer or the necromancer who create the jiangshi (JiangShi is a type of undead creature reanimated by a sorcerer)

If you encounter any problem:

- Items added by the recolor mod are standalone and should be craftable with Elven Smithing Perk. Or just use AdditemMenu.

- Although there is no direct dependency, Original versions of the mod is mandatory. Otherwise the HDT-SMP would not work, and some clothes will have missing textures.

- 3BA version had some slight seam with the shoe (only noticeable without stocking), and also clipping issue with thong. Currently out of my ability. probably can be fixed by editing bones tho...

- You have to rebuild in Bodyslide. Replacing only the textures folder would NOT work.

If you see this in Bodyslide, then it's working as intended

Spoiler

Outfit : BHUNP Chinese Jiangshi Clothes 1

same for 3BA

1842486069_QQ20210407123016.png.178a3fa0ea61e01557d8ab9512ec184d.png

This is the first time I make a "mod". Please report any bug you find. 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/07/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    BHUNP conversion by BakaFactory, 3BA conversion by Daymarr, Racemenu
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by lk74
Update
4 hours ago, duzellx said:

seems to work fine, any idea were the glow tattoo is from by chance ?

the tattoo's texture is part of the mod, but there is no armor like that tattoo. I just went back into the LE esp file to confirm this.

a closer look revealed the tattoo's texture wasnt used at all on all clothes, yet the file is part of the Retextured files. 

so i suspect this was either an unused asset made by original creator, or added by the retexture author Nako.

i also suspect the photograph (an user on 9DM, probably Nako himself) swap this texture with racial tattoo or slavetat, so he could manage the color and the glow.

and I just took a look at how those tattoo mods works. seems like i could make one replacement...

if i managed to do that, then i'll update this post.

-----

update:

it's doable, but will require I replace the esp file. then I might as well add in some alternate records of my own so that both colored version would co-exist.

meaning, it's on TO-DO list, but not right now.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, SexyTop69 said:

Is there a way to use the re texture for CBBE versions of the mod?

it would be possible, but the nif files must be tweaked manually, so no you cant overwrite the texture pack and expect the same result. I will be working on a 3BBB version, i'll probably be able to drop that in 3 days... or more, from now on.

18 minutes ago, FallenVale said:

@lk74This retexture looks awesome. Thank you for it. Do you think it's possible you can convert the bodyslide into 3BA? I really don't know how to work outfit studio, and it would mean so much if you could. Your retexture is better than the original mods

oh oh, just remember I'm not the original retexture maker. that honor goes to Nako (credited in the top)

I will be working on one, but I have not found any 3BA conversion out there.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40092

is this one good enough ? I could make a retexture patch for this version by Daymarr. so long as I don't need to get myself into bodytype conversion and bone-editing...

if you think this one is good then i'll be working on it tmr.

1 hour ago, lk74 said:

oh oh, just remember I'm not the original retexture maker. that honor goes to Nako (credited in the top)

I will be working on one, but I have not found any 3BA conversion out there.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40092

is this one good enough ? I could make a retexture patch for this version by Daymarr. so long as I don't need to get myself into bodytype conversion and bone-editing...

if you think this one is good then i'll be working on it tmr.

Oh, well thank you to you and Nako also.

Also yes, the 3BA version you linked by Daymarr is the one I use. Once again if you do make a retexture patch, that will be awesome.

Thank you for doing this!!

ok, status update

since I also intend to add that tattoo, and I dont want to make 2 separate esp replacer (too reliant on specific version of the conversion) I'll simply make a addon file adding retextured armor as individual pieces.

though I will not include every piece in it so you'll still need those converted version for the rest.

sure the file size will be much bigger now, but shouldnt be huge problem for most player. worst case I'll separate slide file from esp. I believe once the body is built, the slides could simply be disabled in MO2...

should be done by the end of the day.

So far no one complained... I suppose everything is working as intended then... case closed for now.

...If anyone is reading, I gotta ask, why BHUNP slide files are 3 times bigger than 3BA ? 

Now I've realize this Im gonna separate all slide files from clothes mod in my MO2 loadlist... seriously, why.

If only I could get All shapes bodytype randomizer to work, then I wont use BHUNP at all...

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, FallenVale said:

Thank you so much for the 3ba textures!! Everything works fine except this one issue. The hdp-smp chest talisman are for some reason being continuously folded at the bottom for some reason.

I could find time this weekend to look into this problem.

In the meantime, could you give me more detail on the problem ? 

- which clothing is giving you this problem ? does this also occur on the original clothing ? 

and a screenshot would be nice...

anyway, thanks for the feedback ! 

• 2 weeks later...

ok I got back into 3ba version and I see the problem.

the talisman was clipping through breasts... and this was a problem in Daymarr's version and I did not make any tweaks.

hold it there I'll run a double-check to confirm this for sure.

Spoiler

image.png.8d82e093b270e50eac5e1f902ca9f210.png

will spend 30 minutes look up for solutions, and if I cant find it then so be it.

actually no this is a good opportunity to learn SMP. will begin work tomorrow.

------

I gave up.

From what Ive seen, CBBE skeleton is messed up, doesnt align at all with CBBE body, and bra's smp skeleton doesnt align either. my blind guess is skeleton and smp config were based on an older version of cbbe body....

at this point it's probably easier to just port BakaFactory's version in to 3BA rather than trying to fix the original... I guess... ?

dont want to waste 20 hours into learning smp xml....

------

found a fix made by someone else.

also found that everything i did here was already been done by someone else a year ago. sadly this previous attemp is now lost in time (chinese counterpart of MEGA is really hard on censorship so the files are now non-existent)

but there is a catch, this patch's author tweaked the smp config and now the bra are stretched quite a bit (double length)

guess i cant get away from smp edit just yet...

turns out the fix i found was only a messy patch, author deleted bone nodes and stretch with smp config to make it appear fixed... now I'm 20% certain the cause was the port not being properly made, breast nodes for the bra remained as the old-cbbe.....

welp this aint my job to fix the port quality...

I'll put the temporary fix I found here, and that'll settle it.

...forget it. it's too messy.

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2021 at 4:51 AM, lk74 said:

ok I got back into 3ba version and I see the problem.

the talisman was clipping through breasts... and this was a problem in Daymarr's version and I did not make any tweaks.

hold it there I'll run a double-check to confirm this for sure.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8d82e093b270e50eac5e1f902ca9f210.png

will spend 30 minutes look up for solutions, and if I cant find it then so be it.

actually no this is a good opportunity to learn SMP. will begin work tomorrow.

------

I gave up.

From what Ive seen, CBBE skeleton is messed up, doesnt align at all with CBBE body, and bra's smp skeleton doesnt align either. my blind guess is skeleton and smp config were based on an older version of cbbe body....

at this point it's probably easier to just port BakaFactory's version in to 3BA rather than trying to fix the original... I guess... ?

dont want to waste 20 hours into learning smp xml....

------

found a fix made by someone else.

also found that everything i did here was already been done by someone else a year ago. sadly this previous attemp is now lost in time (chinese counterpart of MEGA is really hard on censorship so the files are now non-existent)

but there is a catch, this patch's author tweaked the smp config and now the bra are stretched quite a bit (double length)

guess i cant get away from smp edit just yet...

turns out the fix i found was only a messy patch, author deleted bone nodes and stretch with smp config to make it appear fixed... now I'm 20% certain the cause was the port not being properly made, breast nodes for the bra remained as the old-cbbe.....

welp this aint my job to fix the port quality...

I'll put the temporary fix I found here, and that'll settle it.

...forget it. it's too messy.

Hey, I know you probably don't want to look back on this, but I found something interesting. So I had the same clipping problem in game where the talismans will clip through. However, if I pull up showracemenu and then finish the racemenu, the talismans actually stop clipping. I'm not sure what to make of it, considering I am no expert in modding, modeling, etc., but this might lead to the source of the problem. The same goes for the talisman you can equip on head. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Guardroner said:

Hey, I know you probably don't want to look back on this, but I found something interesting. So I had the same clipping problem in game where the talismans will clip through. However, if I pull up showracemenu and then finish the racemenu, the talismans actually stop clipping. I'm not sure what to make of it, considering I am no expert in modding, modeling, etc., but this might lead to the source of the problem. The same goes for the talisman you can equip on head. Hope this helps!

Interesting, are you using 3BA version ?

unrelated to this mod, but i have a problem with the nails, they look fine in Bodyslide but are slightly out of place when equipped ingame. I am using the BHUNP version, has anyone encountered a similar case and might be able to help?

• 8 months later...

I had an idea that I gave a try, for fixing the clipping SMP Tags.

Something to clarify first: I'm fairly certain that this issue is magnified by Racemenu Morphs being used in-game.

Whether the "collision meshes" in the breasts are the cause or not is up in the air. The tags themselves don't seem to quite be tied to the right areas on the breast for proper Bodyslide-ing.

With Zero Morphs it looks fine:

image.png

But as soon as more breast sliders (ex breasts fancy, are applied, the shape ends up all out-of-whack:

image.png

One idea I had was to replace the "basic" breasts mesh with the "LongShirt" CBBE 3BA reference, to try and prevent them from falling "Under" the breasts.

I may have done it wrong when it came to conforming the meshes (pretty sure conforming the tag mesh resulted in the "pointy" result of this slider project in game).

This defiinitely gets closer though. I'm pretty sure someone with more experience than me with SMP clothing items (i.e. not just "copy bone weights", but proper skirts with physics) could probably fix this.

I'm not sure how much effort that would be though, and the fact that no SMP nipple piercings with non-body physics exist seems to indicate it would be non-trivial.

JiangShi Tag Fix - Attempt 1.zip

Edited by w234aew

One idea I had was to replace the "basic" breasts mesh with the "LongShirt" CBBE 3BA reference, to try and prevent them from falling "Under" the breasts.

Thank you for your interest in this project !

Your proposal is... really neat !
When I first upload this, I didn't really know about clothing stuff, so I mostly stick with the original conversion file and (iirc) only edited shader properties. I hadn't thought about using curtain ref back then.
Definitely a clever and cleaner solution, it would also prevent the nipple pasties from shaking like crazy

As for the slider deformation, yes. I was dumb. Its bad. Need fixing.

If you are willing (or curious) to keep trying then I'll wait for your good news. 

If not, I could take a look into it in the next few days.
I recently remade my whole modlist so that I could use 3ba and bhunp at the same time. Now tweaking it will be much less of a hassle.

2 hours ago, lk74 said:

If not, I could take a look into it in the next few days.
I recently remade my whole modlist so that I could use 3ba and bhunp at the same time. Now tweaking it will be much less of a hassle.

I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks (both IRL stuff, and debugging my own mod).

TBH I don't think I'm the right person to look into this; my experience is with Non-SMP clothing conversion, and I really don't have experience with bone-weighting for skirts and the like.

I based that "Attempt" file on the OG Jiangshi Slides, because that was just what I happen to pull up.

I do think this is probably the most "realistic" way to fix this; the only other thing I could think of is changing the tags to conform to the breasts to the top side, and only start the "skirt-style" SMP physics after the bottom of the nipple,  like this:

Spoiler

image.png.bb8a263d478681eec40cee478afc78d3.png

This would allow for a few things:

1. Instead of however it's trying to deal with "where's my collision mesh for the breast top", I think all the tag's physics bones would need to be tied to is the 3rd bone, and the vertex of the nipple. All the "extra bones" could be tracked from that location (I think; like I said, I don't have SMP experience short of "copy selected weights").

2. Having the shape be tied to only the nipple tip (not for scaling, just for location, which I think means some serious masking care) should allow for better bodymorphs compatibility.

3. The curtain would be more likely to work if it only has to deal with "where does the mesh collide when moving" than "where does the mesh hang due to gravity, in a game with weird physics interactions?".

I see, then if nothing goes wrong, I'll be able to fix this during the following week.

---

On 4/25/2022 at 3:25 PM, w234aew said:

I do think this is probably the most "realistic" way to fix this; the only other thing I could think of is changing the tags to conform to the breasts to the top side, and only start the "skirt-style" SMP physics after the bottom of the nipple,  like this:

Ideally, yes, the paper envelopping nipple would be able to preserve the look  shape. 
Unfortunally, if I were to do this, I'll need to backport the whole thing into Blender, tweak verticle position, repaint SMP bones etc. Its doable, but I dont think its worth the effort.

Implementing the curtain ref and making a better slider morph, on the other hand, should be quite easy to accomplish, only needing OS and a few edit in xml. 

Lets just hope it works as I imagine.

Somehow I had a bad feeling about this... 

-----

Sorry for the delay. 
I decided to pick class for summer semester, so haven't had the time to work on it last week. 
Will get back to it, once I catch up to class progress.

Edited by lk74
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm uploading a fix for BHUNP users.

After testing, I choose to not implement curtain ref. Instead I tweaked the XML file for SMP.

(technical detail)

Spoiler

basically I removed all bone translation, and only keep bone rotation on 2 axis. 

this is to force the paper stay flat and not roll into itself.

3BA version probably just has messy smp setting making the paper stretching....

Also, in the process I notice the original version's bone weighting is off, and the breast paste does not have 3BBB. 

Now it does.

Also now it has BHUNP v3 slides.

Note : sleeves will have clipping issues. the wrist bone weighting is off, and the thing is too complex (having both fixed bones and smp bones and has no clear cut-off points) that I dont want to waste my time on it.

Now it looks like this.

Spoiler

(character under Aruru6Duck-Max slide)
27979913_QQ20220513211620.png.2a5cffb65995b68db5519f065b960805.png1052496876_QQ20220513211707.png.8d0f76ff1f8948a90e1cebdc8d921cd5.png

Will be working on 3BA version tomorrow.

Edited by lk74
On 8/3/2021 at 4:52 AM, Guardroner said:

and, for anyone having same problems. 

(the long explanation)

Spoiler

the armor model is loaded first, the bodymorph are adjusted later.

so your character look will conform to bodymorph, but the collision model data is still the old one.

using showracemenu will force update bodymorph data, which is why it fixed clipping.

using smp reset command will also force update bodymorph.

its a known problem, iirc was written somewhere on Nexus' racemenu page ?

TLDR, open console, type the following

smp reset

and it'll just works.

• 1 month later...

Oh man, thanks for this. I remember trying the outfit out when it originally came out and got really upset over boob talismans just going straight through the body. Worse yet there was no response on the mod page, so nobody knew what to do about it. Tried your files out and I don't have the issue anymore. Beautiful stuff.

Edited by Loli-Knight