wicked whims problem

16 minutes ago, rojorojo said:
hey i just downloaded the latest whicked whims version ( MARCH 29TH 2021) but whatever i do , i dont get any notification in-game of mod enabled and also the needs bar don't show up . what do i do?

Wicked must be installed no more than one folder deep inside mods.

Example:

My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/WickedWhimsMod (Only 2 files named TURBODRIVER """ in here)

Go into game settings/other and make sure both mods and scripts boxes are enabled, then Apply Settings and exit.

Game version must be up to date now at v1.72.**

You will also need to download animations for it to work.

Make a new folder in Mods named Wicked Animations to put them all into.

If your UI display bars are messed up it's usually the UICheats mod needs updating.

If you don't have it then try doing an Origin Repair.

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Wicked must be installed no more than one folder deep inside mods.

Example:

My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/WickedWhimsMod (Only 2 files named TURBODRIVER """ in here)

Go into game settings/other and make sure both mods and scripts boxes are enabled, then Apply Settings and exit.

Game version must be up to date now at v1.72.**

You will also need to download animations for it to work.

Make a new folder in Mods named Wicked Animations to put them all into.

If your UI display bars are messed up it's usually the UICheats mod needs updating.

If you don't have it then try doing an Origin Repair.

i did exactly what you said but the mod still don't show up .... i even  tired a new game but when i choose a lot and click to start the game closes.......   really hope to fix this , its frustrating to play the game without mods 

3 hours ago, rojorojo said:

i did exactly what you said but the mod still don't show up .... i even  tired a new game but when i choose a lot and click to start the game closes.......   really hope to fix this , its frustrating to play the game without mods 

Sorry missed your reply

If you use other mods they might be the problem.

Remove all mods except for Wicked Whims and Animations.

Just make a Testing folder on Desktop to move them into for now.

Then delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder next, do this whenever you remove or add mods.

Test game without any other mods to see if working but don't make any new saves, just exit when done testing.

If now working add your mods back into game a few at a time and note which mods they are.

You could also just add one or two at a time.

Retest in game again to see if problem comes back.

Keep adding mods until the problem happens again and you will know which mod, or group is the cause.

Then you have to single out which one if you added more than one at a time.

Once you find it check for updates or remove it if none are found.

33 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Sorry missed your reply

If you use other mods they might be the problem.

Remove all mods except for Wicked Whims and Animations.

Just make a Testing folder on Desktop to move them into for now.

Then delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder next, do this whenever you remove or add mods.

Test game without any other mods to see if working but don't make any new saves, just exit when done testing.

If now working add your mods back into game a few at a time and note which mods they are.

You could also just add one or two at a time.

Retest in game again to see if problem comes back.

Keep adding mods until the problem happens again and you will know which mod, or group is the cause.

Then you have to single out which one if you added more than one at a time.

Once you find it check for updates or remove it if none are found.

i did that and the only mod that cause problem when i add it is the Wicked whims one 

4 hours ago, rojorojo said:

Have you updated your game to the latest version? This is important as WW will not work with outdated game versions.

11 minutes ago, rojorojo said:

didnt know

One of the things Scorpio suggested in his first reply to you was that you needed to make sure your game was up to date as well as a list of things to try and you replied that you did everything. From the look of things, you didn't do everything.

Scorpio gives out some very good advice that quite often helps many people out. I strongly suggest you read back over his replies and do everything suggested.

Starting with updating your game.

17 minutes ago, rojorojo said:

really thanks to both of you, my bad i missed that line i was very frustated to focus well .

i"ll update the game now

Keep in mind if you have other script/tuning mods installed they might need updating too.

This site lists the broken mods for 1.72 patch but hey are all the non-adult mods, no sex or drugs.

Most every game update has some mods broken so when you skip updates you miss those mod updates for that particular game version.

Different mods get broken with different updates so you won't always see them listed in the latest thread.

They always go by what patch, or game version, is the latest.

Example:

From game version 1.68 to 1.69 certain mods were broken. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984645/broken-updated-mods-cc-skin-tones-dec-2020

v1.69 to 1.70 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986225/broken-mods-cc-fear-update-paranormal-sp-jan-21/p1?new=1

v1.70 to 1.71 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987377/broken-mods-cc-21st-anniversary-patch-feb-21/p1?new=1

v1.71 to 1.72 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988166/broken-updated-mods-cc-bunkbeds-patch-mar-21

Some patch versions don't break any mods

UICheats and MoreCASColumns break with almost every game patch. 

• 3 months later...

Hey everybody!

Since I downloaded the latest update to the Sims 4 (July 20th 2021) my WW is no longer working. I still have the custom content included with WW but cannot interact with it. My sims still get naked when they take showers and the option to suntan naked is viable. But none of the other things are working. It strange because it worked last night. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new update to the game. 

When I load up the game, WW appears under script mods and custom content as usual. But I don't get the pop up once I enter my household. I have other custom content. Not loads, but I do have some. However WW is my only mod. I attached pictures that might help describe my problem. 

Please help :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.01.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.03.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.05.34 PM.png

5 hours ago, chaaance said:

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new update to the game. 

You already have the answer you were looking for right here. Of course it does.

Game updates break mods. This update is a big one that broke a LOT of mods.

You'll now have to disable your mods and play without them until they are all updated.

Turn off game auto-updates in your launcher and play offline to avoid this situation in the future.

56 minutes ago, jsahjiasnx said:

i just updated my game and i’m having this exact same problem

The same applies for you.

Edited by BatDood
3 hours ago, BatDood said:

You already have the answer you were looking for right here. Of course it does.

Game updates break mods. This update is a big one that broke a LOT of mods.

You'll now have to disable your mods and play without them until they are all updated.

Turn off game auto-updates in your launcher and play offline to avoid this situation in the future.

The same applies for you.

Is there a way to undo an update?

44 minutes ago, CrackeROne said:

Looks like Turbo will wait until after the July 22 Release of the new Expansion to update the mod so it works again.... which REALLY sucks!

It is NOT your game or any other issue, the MOD simply needs updated after the patch we just got ....

That is incorrect, he's working on the update as we speak.

It's not like adding support to the newest version of The Sims is a matter of changing a few integers.

It takes time, and understanding how the update changed things.

4 hours ago, Husk said:

That is incorrect, he's working on the update as we speak.

It's not like adding support to the newest version of The Sims is a matter of changing a few integers.

It takes time, and understanding how the update changed things.

OK gotcha, and that is welcome news indeed!

Hopefully he won't have to turn out another mod update tomorrow also , IF he releases one today... :thumbsup: