Fake taxis replaced with Bloombase cablecar

This question, I do not really know if it corresponds here or in technical help, anyway ,,, Do you know in which cities and at what times you can find "unusable taxis"? Let me explain I have the replacement of taxis with the cablecar that Bloombase made years ago and I wanted to take some photos to set a pictorial in "San Francisco", but this mod only replaces the fake taxis that EA puts in some cities. Do you know in which cities are these taxis? I just need the cablecar to appear and I'll take care of placing the girl with Moveobjects or whatever ... Thanks

635-3051464-1364152930.jpg

From: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Taxicab            https://simfileshare.net/download/52441/

In Bridgeport and other worlds that are defined as city, fake taxicabs are generated to give the illusion of a bustling city, although these fake taxis do not contain any real sims or NPCs.

So as it says: Any world defined as a city - they have a unique Icon in the save selection screen, or world selection during new game. Curious how one uses 'MoveObjects On' to place 'anything' into a world area from a lot loaded for build/buy? Wouldn't the lot boundary stop you from dragging the Sim off the lot?

Trivia: While it says no real Sims - these are the type of Sims one does NOT want to take into CAS and save - even a regular taxi or bus driver is not equipped to become an active or inactive Sim by being saved to the Sim bin for those tempted to experiment. The time I tried it, that sim had fewer traits, some were pet traits, and when I tried to use the sim after saving to a bin and selecting it during Create-a-Sim, I had issues. I don't remember specifics - only enough to know - don't do that.

>>>For those wishing to remove these fake taxis, and the script load it generates/memory used - NRaas has a module called 'Traffic'. While it does a lot of cool things, for the purposes of Taxis, set TRAFFIC DELTA to a negative value. Mine is set at -500. This keeps fake taxis from spawning and other taxis de-spawn quickly after use.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just for fun . . . . 

MTS_jcfranklin27292-91102-RiceARonisnaps   <----- mod for the Sims 2

I was 4 when this commercial aired.....   For those whom haven't tried it - a quick recipe: Cook and cube some chicken breasts, and add to the chicken flavored Rice-a-Roni. I'm pretty good at making 'bachelor' food.

I'm not trying to get the girl on the tram, (I hope I could), just a few shots with the vehicle passing behind her to create the illusion of the city. I tried to install it in Brigdeport and in Roaring Heights but no tram appeared, only the usual taxis ,,, maybe my file is defective or I need to do something else ,,, maybe select it in Edit city? Thanks, anyway, I think that I will choose to create a fake Cablecar as a stage, (or take the girl to another city and not complicate my life so much) :/

On 4/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, Patriguz said:

I'm not trying to get the girl on the tram, (I hope I could), just a few shots with the vehicle passing behind her to create the illusion of the city. I tried to install it in Brigdeport and in Roaring Heights but no tram appeared, only the usual taxis ,,, maybe my file is defective or I need to do something else ,,, maybe select it in Edit city? Thanks, anyway, I think that I will choose to create a fake Cablecar as a stage, (or take the girl to another city and not complicate my life so much) :/

You could ask Nraas, he figure out how the autonomous vehicular traffic flow work in late Night.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:06 PM, Patriguz said:

fake Cablecar as a stage

I looked at Bloom's package... Uh... of the cable car... It's not an object file. Maybe since @Dailycard works with vehicles and objects, he can use Bloom's files to make a car, or some placeable object???

On 4/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, Patriguz said:

Blooms cable car, Checker Cab and London Taxi are default Replacements for the EA spawning Taxis in Cities, in Suburban Worlds are no spawning Taxis, so you won't see any of those replacements. Put only one of those replacement files in your mod folder to the package files, not in overridefiles. It should work if your game isn't corrupted.

I have never tested this in Bridgeport, but for example in Los Aniegos it works fine.

First of all, thank you all for your interest. I must have the wrong file, :/

I installed Los Aniegos, Los Angeles and Dubai, three quite large worlds and in none have I been able to see the tram, only yellow taxis, so I will have to choose something else, (anyway I could take some photos in the Hollywood sign, something is something).

I already have the next Pictorials planned, so I'll deal with the tram later. Thanks again everyone. ?  ?

Captura.PNG

That's very strange, I think you've activated Latenight in the launcher and put this file  https://simfileshare.net/download/52441/ in your package folder. The EA Taxis should be replaced by the cable car. If not, as you said,  you could have installed another mod that disactivate this effect maybe.

Very cute picture btw ;)

I've got Blooms Yellow Cab default replacement in my folder and it shows up without any problems in Los Aniegos. To find out what it can be, is a horrible job.

20210413_220950.jpg

Screenshot-938.jpg

Screenshot-934.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, burn65 said:

Los Aniegos

I love that world - so much that I have customized each and every Sim - added many families and community lots. Unfortunately it is now my biggest save file (close to 250MB) so it takes a while to load - even on my machine, and if I do any more customizing which bloats game memory, it's quite easy to get error 12 or a CTD if I don't save and reload afterwards. I don't even try running Brothels or Kinky School on that save series.

Screenshot-155.jpg.5e68c0611d9d7c5d36ed1d1210b37dc7.jpg

Same here, this world is an awesome creation,  I try to make a mid century themed make over for personal use since 4 months, but it will be a work for years, till I finish....I think it will never be playable when I am ready because the file will grow with each change of course.

20210516_102129.jpg

Understech Imagination has replacements for taxis, police cars and school bus, although the page is from Patreon those replacements are free and can be downloaded. I don't know how the replacements work exactly, (I think the "Overrides" folder is involved and some modification in the "Resource" file) But for that you need someone more versed than me in those topics ,,, Is it possible that Cablecar will not work for me for that? ... I will have to experiment

https://sharemods.com/hkaakn8blwsj/U-I_1957_Ford_Mainline_Police_Cruiser___40_Replacement_and_Ownable__41_.zip.html

https://sharemods.com/74t0anl9j9l0/U-I_1959_Checker_Marathon_Cab___40_Replacement_and_Ownable__41_.zip.html

https://sharemods.com/jfh5em7976ty/U-I_1943_GMC_Bus___40_School_Bus_Replacement__41_.package.html

Bus Replacement 1.png

ts3-for-22.jpg

Screenshot-977.jpg

On 5/18/2021 at 2:13 PM, redqueen23 said:

Seen this a while ago, cause I still search 30s taxi, bus police car and firetruck replacements for Roaring Heights. :bawling:

I would like to request 1940s taxi and Policecar replacements at UI, too, like I've done it with the GMC Coach, Police Cruiser and Marathon Cab, but UI has massive problems with paypal and I couldn't request new cars and replacement cars for a while, till the problems are solved. 

A 1949 Divco Milktruck, that Edemskiy has made for me will come in form of a Dairy Delivery Truck default replacement for  the EA Icecream truck. 

The Firetruck Woohoo as a default replacement won't work as I've heard....maybe there are too many functions that have to be modded...I have no idea.

Take a look on my retrosim.blogspot.com, there you can find the one or other vehicles from the 1930s and 1940s, also the links to the replacements, as Patriguz has written.

20210524_142847.jpg

20210524_142831.jpg

Edited by burn65
1 hour ago, Patriguz said:

Understech Imagination has replacements for taxis, police cars and school bus, although the page is from Patreon those replacements are free and can be downloaded. I don't know how the replacements work exactly, (I think the "Overrides" folder is involved and some modification in the "Resource" file) But for that you need someone more versed than me in those topics ,,, Is it possible that Cablecar will not work for me for that? ... I will have to experiment

https://sharemods.com/hkaakn8blwsj/U-I_1957_Ford_Mainline_Police_Cruiser___40_Replacement_and_Ownable__41_.zip.html

https://sharemods.com/74t0anl9j9l0/U-I_1959_Checker_Marathon_Cab___40_Replacement_and_Ownable__41_.zip.html

https://sharemods.com/jfh5em7976ty/U-I_1943_GMC_Bus___40_School_Bus_Replacement__41_.package.html

Bus Replacement 1.png

ts3-for-22.jpg

Screenshot-977.jpg

No, in my game those three replacements work fine, together with blooms cablecar default replacement for the spawning City Taxis....or alternative with blooms Marathon Cab with the same function as the Cablecar has.

It must be a different mod that doesn't allow to show the cablecar in your game. 

The file has to be placed in the packagefolder....not in the Overridefolder ?

• 7 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 7:10 PM, burn65 said:

I would like to request 1940s taxi and Policecar replacements at UI, too, like I've done it with the GMC Coach, Police Cruiser and Marathon Cab, but UI has massive problems with paypal and I couldn't request new cars and replacement cars for a while, till the problems are solved. 

A 1949 Divco Milktruck, that Edemskiy has made for me will come in form of a Dairy Delivery Truck default replacement for  the EA Icecream truck. 

The Firetruck Woohoo as a default replacement won't work as I've heard....maybe there are too many functions that have to be modded...I have no idea.

Take a look on my retrosim.blogspot.com, there you can find the one or other vehicles from the 1930s and 1940s, also the links to the replacements, as Patriguz has written.

20210524_142847.jpg

20210524_142831.jpg

Now the Divco Milktruck default replacement is available for all. The download is available at my blog https://retrosim.blogspot.com/2022/01/milktruck-default-replacement.html?m=1

• 10 months later...