The Selachii - Shark Race SE - WIP

The Selachii - Shark Race SE - WIP

SelachiiText_RESIZE.png

SelachiiLogoBTex_RESIZE.png

Special Edition

v3.40

---- WIP ----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This is NOT a fully working and feature complete version of the race. This is just a quick and dirty port of the latest version of the race to Special Edition, for those better versed in SE shenanigans that may want to help with testing (and perhaps even patching/development) for the race mod.

Assuming there aren't any glaring bugs or issues on what little content is included, it may also be of use to anyone wanting to use the race in SE but unsure about porting the mod themselves on their end for personal use. Nevertheless, this file is not guaranteed to work fine or be suitable for a serious/long playthrough for the time being, so beware.

(Note that the description below is a quick rewrite of the full/LE one so some info may be wrong or may reference assets or features not currently present in this port. Likewise, the pictures were all taken in LE so they shouldn't be considered fully representative of what this file has to offer).

Things that will be missing compared to the LE version:

• HDT Hairs (since SE only supports "hair physics" for wigs using HDT SMP).

• (Equippable) HDT Tails (since the HDT PE config used for the tails doesn't work for HDT SMP).

• Wearable Sarashi/Fundoshi items (since they would require BHUNP/CBBE conversions).
    • ---> (Male characters will still have a "placeholder" blue fundoshi when not equipped with a Slot 52 item so as to avoid the "visible crotch hole" bug when undressing in the inventory and/or when under heavy script load that causes SOS' equip to lag).

• Female SOS stuff (see above point about conversions).

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO CBBE PATCH AVAILABLE

so BHUNP or some other UNP-based body is REQUIRED for female textures to work.

Please do report any bugs or issues you come across! I can't guarantee I will fix them right away (or anytime soon), but at the very least having bug reports will help whenever the time comes for me to get down and make a proper full-fledged SE port.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:

This mod adds a custom playable shark race with fully animated headparts and total support for Vampirism.

The main race is intended for use with an UNP compatible body replacer for females, and with SOS Full for males. Includes native support for BHUNP "Special" based bodies.

REQUIREMENTS:

FOR THE MAIN VERSION OF THE MOD:

--- SKSE64

--- RaceMenu SE
--- XPMSSE
--- RaceCompatibility SE
--- SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim SE
--- UUNP/BHUNP/UNP Compatible body

\--> Alternatively, a vanilla body may work without extreme bugs, but it won't be pretty.

And their respective requirements, if any.

Race Information:

"Native to the shores and seas of Akavir, the Selachii are an amphibious race descended from feral sharks. Known for their talent as warriors and sailors, they are commonly hired by trading and mercenary companies alike, and they are rarely seen far from the sea or other bodies of water. Their thick skin and their claws give them an advantage in combat, and they are even known to use their jaws as deadly weapons against their foes."

SKILL BONUSES:
One Handed - 10
Two Handed, Archery, Smithing, Light Armor, Restoration - 5

RACIAL POWERS/ABILITIES:
Gills - Waterbreathing
Apex Predator - increased movement speed when swimming (x1.75)
Talons - 12 points of extra unarmed damage
Thick Skin - 16 points of base Armor rating
Cold Waters - 50% resistance to Frost
Shark Bite - bite attack that restores the player's Health by the damage dealt and also causes enemies to bleed. Damage value starts at 25 and scales each 5 levels.

OTHER INFO:

--- Height: 1.05 (Male and female)

--- Custom heads and head parts created by NightroModzz using assets from CITRUS. Hi-poly, detailed, and completely compatible with morphs, phonemes and facial expressions

--- Lots of hair styles for males and females, converted both from the vanilla game and from other sources like KS Hairs.

--- Several different fin ring (material) options for both males and females.

--- Several eye color uptions using vanilla Khajiit and Argonian textures, for males and females + Custom eyes created by KrittaKitty and nevenbridge81.

--- Custom clawed hands for both genders.

--- Custom beast feet by Bad Dog, available in plantigrade version.

--- Limited tint options (based on vanilla Argonian tint designs).

Files:

--- Shark Race SE 3.40 WIP - MAIN - UNP and SOS: Main plugin of the mod. Required.

Notes for Character creation:

--- Face tint sliders available: warpaint, lips, cheeks, cheek lower, forehead, eyeliner, eye socket upper, dirt.
--- Complexion slider will change between smooth and ridged head texture for males, and between default and fin-less head normal map for females (use the Facial Hair slider to remove fins to achieve this effect).
--- Facial hair slider will add and remove fins (with different ring styles) for females and males.

Known Issues:

--- As a side-effect of the way RaceCompatibility works, some vanilla Argonian head parts will show up for the sharks. They can (and should) be safely ignored.

--- The Shark Bite attack had to be classified as a Shout in order to be able to trigger the "biting" anim and to properly cast the spell. If you have any mod that is triggered by/checks for any kind of Shout (and not only vanilla ones), using the Bite may interfere with it.

Changelog:

V3.40 SE WIP

--- Initial release for testing.

Credits:

V3.40 SE WIP CREDITS

NightroModzz for the awesome new heads!
Kuroyami for several major contributions to the mod.
BadDog for lots of stuff, including beast schlongs.

ASlySpyDuo for the overlays and for awesome shark pics.

KrittaKitty for the (unreleased) Lykaios Race assets.

GuruSR for the bite attack upgraded script.
VectorPlexus, Smurf and others for SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim.
AyyRofLmao for the original Sharkmer Race
HHaleyy for Fair Skin Complexion V8.0
dimon99, Phygit, and thepal for DIMONIZED UNP Female Body
Groovtama for XPMSE
Caliente, Ousnius and others for Bodyslide and the UUNP Special body.
Kalilies and the rest of the authors of KS Hairdos - Renewal
ScrollTron1c and the authors of the original resources for FAMOUS - Fitness And Muscle Options Utility Suite
Mandragorasprouts for Vitruvia - Skin texture overhaul.
EvilReFlex for helping with texturing, as well as for Textures for "SOS schlong for females" and SoS - Schlong for Females BodySlide.
Derok for Argonian Reptilian Feet, and for Better Claws and Gauntlets alongside Didact2401.
blabba for CITRUS Heads.
Calyps for some of the hair styles.
Nuska for some of the hair styles.
Apachii for ApachiiSkyHair, for some of the hair styles.
nevenbridge81 for Natural Eyes.

BlackWolf24 for Argonians Enhanced.

Note: according to permissions, everything here should be fine, but if any author wants me to remove their assets from this file for some reason or to edit the credit section, just let me know and I will comply as soon as possible.

ORIGINAL CREDITS

Head and tail meshes have been modified from originals created/provided by thesholintiger and Force2013
Feet mesh is modified from Phygit's FemFeet
Other meshes/textures - Bethesda

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/03/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE64, UNP compatible body, SOS, RaceCompatibility
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Weerz said:

I just shared my selachii preset on nexus.

I saw that, yeah. She's quite the looker indeed. Pics are pretty alright too, kudos for actually having her emote properly in them. I like the Whiterun pool shot in particular.

While we're at it, your other character presets are good looking as well. :classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, Weerz said:

i have to say. suddenly just getting negative comments on nexus. lol

Lmao, welcome to the Nexus, hope you enjoy all the retardation and entitlement from its random users. ?

43 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I saw that, yeah. She's quite the looker indeed. Pics are pretty alright too, kudos for actually having her emote properly in them. I like the Whiterun pool shot in particular.

While we're at it, your other character presets are good looking as well. :classic_smile:

Lmao, welcome to the Nexus, hope you enjoy all the retardation and entitlement from its random users. ?

Hehe. Thanks! Im glad you like them! ^^

I had a lot of fun while i have created the pictures. (also struggled with them) Tried to make them suggestive while keeping them not so out of hand. (if you know what i mean,)

Weirdly lykaios have the strongest "emotes". Selachii is not so strong. base races with addons. yeah sure. but the wolfs. eh. llike watching into your soul with those puppie eyes. lol

About the shark i wanted to actually add more water/pool based/sided picture with bikini and the rest.. but then i realised. i want to keep it fair and not 18+. :P Its for nexus after all. lol (can share it here too if someone wants)

My only problem with the race that its still need SOS for the SE version. So i must ask. Are you sure you cannot make a version without Schlongs for SE? :D

Also how come that the face sculpting on sharks are not mirrored? or i do something bad? i was messing a lot with her eyes to look the same on both side. like. i made it squint. but on the other side its just broke the face.

About the Lykaios. Well. i kinda like them so i wasnt sure if i should share my preset or not. lol (it was personal) Icy i wont share tho. (posted her in lykaios topic if you have seen her)

The rest speaks for itself. ~too bad still nobody told me how to make dark skinned/furred/scaled followers with darker face tattooes. I know its a plus layer, but have no idea how.

About the comments. ill just report them. >:D

let keep it safe >:P

sorry for long read :P

Edited by Weerz
18 minutes ago, Weerz said:

Weirdly lykaios have the strongest "emotes". Selachii is not so strong. base races with addons. yeah sure. but the wolfs. eh. llike watching into your soul with those puppie eyes. lol

Yeah, KrittaKitty did an amazing job with the Lykaios face expressions. I still think Selachii ones are okay, but they are not nearly as good as the Lykaios ones.

About the shark i wanted to actually add more water/pool based/sided picture with bikini and the rest.. but then i realised. i want to keep it fair and not 18+. :P Its for nexus after all. lol (can share it here too if someone wants)

I mean... you could always share your presets here in LL if you wanted. I'm sure nobody would have a problem with 18+-ness here, lol.

You're also welcome to post any screenshots in this thread or in the original LE version one if you want. You can even join the YA Discord server (linked in my signature) and post them there if you use Discord, since there is a screenshot sharing channel there.

My only problem with the race that its still need SOS for the SE version. So i must ask. Are you sure you cannot make a version without Schlongs for SE? :D

I should be able to make one, I just didn't really think about it because this port was mostly a test. I don't use SE (actually I don't even have it installed at the moment), so that's why.

I might try and make a quick patched main plugin with the SOS requirement removed, but I can't make any promises since as I said I don't even have SE installed so I can't test it.

Also how come that the face sculpting on sharks are not mirrored? or i do something bad? i was messing a lot with her eyes to look the same on both side. like. i made it squint. but on the other side its just broke the face.

The CITRUS Argonian heads used as a base to create the Selachii ones aren't symmetrical, so that's why. It's unfortunate, but it would take too much work to fix it.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Yeah, KrittaKitty did an amazing job with the Lykaios face expressions. I still think Selachii ones are okay, but they are not nearly as good as the Lykaios ones.

I mean... you could always share your presets here in LL if you wanted. I'm sure nobody would have a problem with 18+-ness here, lol.

You're also welcome to post any screenshots in this thread or in the original LE version one if you want. You can even join the YA Discord server (linked in my signature) and post them there if you use Discord, since there is a screenshot sharing channel there.

I should be able to make one, I just didn't really think about it because this port was mostly a test. I don't use SE (actually I don't even have it installed at the moment), so that's why.

I might try and make a quick patched main plugin with the SOS requirement removed, but I can't make any promises since as I said I don't even have SE installed so I can't test it.

The CITRUS Argonian heads used as a base to create the Selachii ones aren't symmetrical, so that's why. It's unfortunate, but it would take too much work to fix it.

I'll think about that. hah

I can test it always. So if you have time, or will. just hit me with a message.

main reason why i would prefer the sosless version because that mode always makes me install animations as well. >_>

and if once i have them installed. i wont play normally XD and want to avoid it. but actually sharks are pretty nice. as well. lykaios. but i still prefer lykaios over sharks. kritta indeed did a beautiful job back then. and ofc. the team too with the expansion. always finded it amazingly how strong the expressions are. kinda on the furry way strong lol

also. okay. thats explains a lot. i never liked to mess with sculpting. main reason why i rather ended up with beast races. less hassle : p

kinda i ended up with my main as lizard in eso just because of this. from eso into skyrim, then backward and well. here im with my main, and mostly beast characters lol

not like i regret it. still not a furry tho :P not have to be that to like special species. amiright? tho im awaiting for baldurs gate 3. full release. dragonborns. lolz.

i atually had an another preset for my own. but unfortunetly i deleted her. could not recreate her face still. lol (but can always do better)

oh and honestly never ever in my mind had that, that eventually i will be a mod maker for skyrim. if i can call my mods to be mods. who knows :P

20211019042418_1.jpg

Edited by Weerz
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to say that this mod is really cool. I was at first sad that there is no CBBE patch. I downloaded and installed it anyway. I remembered there was an older unofficial port that does have a CBBE patch. I did an experiment. I took that patch and used it for this mod. It works. She has my body shape. The texture is great. The clothing is fine as well. So for those who use CBBE and want a patch. Just use the patch from here. I haven’t came across any problems yet until there is a new patch for CBBE.

ETA: I’m unsure if the patch works with the digi legs. I don’t use it. So I cannot say for sure if you do use it. 

Spoiler

237827947_raeselachii.png.44141a2adaafffe8639d8d67359a9015.png

Edited by vesperity
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! 

Quick question, is the availability of a plantigrade version one of the elements missing from this WIP SE port?

I've managed to coerce myself into using UNP for my current modlist to avoid the hand/feet seams caused by ramshackle CBBE SE ports of this mod, but I am also really not a fan the digitigrade feet that appear to be standard with this version. :D

• 3 months later...

This port would be perfect if it had female schlongs.

I tried getting them from the other unofficial port (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9913-the-selachii-shark-race-unofficial-sse-port/) but it doesn't work.

I'd love to use this version of the mod, since the meshes look better imo and it's got more overlays, but I can't without the female schlongs.

Does anyone know if I can transfer the schlongs to this mod? Or use this mod's meshes with the other.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...